AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-07-01, 08:06   Link #1381
CaptGloval
New Macross soon
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Macross 30 Emigration Fleet
Wait, so it's two movies now? And one is showing in November? When's the other one? If it's January, it'll seem kinda odd that the schedule really matches the Eden of the East movie releases, hmm.
CaptGloval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 10:02   Link #1382
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Space-time
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary Send a message via Skype™ to forgottendiary
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptGloval View Post
Wait, so it's two movies now? And one is showing in November? When's the other one? If it's January, it'll seem kinda odd that the schedule really matches the Eden of the East movie releases, hmm.
http://gabrielarobin.com/2357/macros...it-theres-more

Yup, two movies.
__________________
forgottendiary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 15:10   Link #1383
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hungary
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Good news for me. The first one a retelling(hopefully with better Ranka development) and the second one a sequel to the story!
The small picture(under the SM-Sheryl pic on the linked page) maybe foreshadows a Sheryl ending?
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 18:52   Link #1384
raile
<3
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lala rainbow land~
^ Fufufufu. There's a big chance it could be. All this Sheryl and blatant Arusheri in the promotions means they're not ignorant to public favorites.
__________________
raile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 18:57   Link #1385
BanishingBook
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: East Asian
Just to make it clear, I wouldn't be depressed if Ranka loses out to Sheryl; though I know some others may not be able to take the pressure. ;D

Woot whoever wins Alto! loll
or
I hope Alto dies! woot!!
BanishingBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 20:15   Link #1386
Foreshadow
Nyaa~
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
^ Fufufufu. There's a big chance it could be. All this Sheryl and blatant Arusheri in the promotions means they're not ignorant to public favorites.
Or they are hyping up the public just to crush their hopes

Nah, I doubt it though (i hope)
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 20:44   Link #1387
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreshadow View Post
Or they are hyping up the public just to crush their hopes

Nah, I doubt it though (i hope)
Should that happen, it won't just end with death threats.

- Tak
__________________
- Flight to Brazil? $1,500
- FIFA Stadium Ticket? $500
- Witnessing Coach Joachim Lw crack a smile at the World-Cup Final? PRICELESS


There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.


"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 22:35   Link #1388
raile
<3
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lala rainbow land~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreshadow View Post
Or they are hyping up the public just to crush their hopes

Nah, I doubt it though (i hope)
They already did that in the series. To do it again in the movie(s) would just be tacky and cruel. Oh well, we'll just see when we cross the bridge.
__________________
raile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 22:53   Link #1389
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tokyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
They already did that in the series. To do it again in the movie(s) would just be tacky and cruel. Oh well, we'll just see when we cross the bridge.
Why wouldn't they leave the ending the same? They did it in Macross Dynamite 7 as well...
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 22:57   Link #1390
Key Board
Donut
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
I doubt they'll change the ending

I do however, expect an implied sex scene like in DYRL
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 23:06   Link #1391
raile
<3
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lala rainbow land~
Possibilities are possibilities. But like I said pages ago, I'm pretty sure they'll stick with the draw, but of course it doesn't hurt to have a silver of hope.
__________________
raile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 23:14   Link #1392
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tokyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
Possibilities are possibilities. But like I said pages ago, I'm pretty sure they'll stick with the draw, but of course it doesn't hurt to have a silver of hope.
"What happens to a dream deferred?
Does it dry up
like a raisin in the sun?
Or fester like a sore--
And then run?
Does it stink like rotten meat?
Or crust and sugar over--
like a syrupy sweet?

Maybe it just sags
like a heavy load.

Or does it explode?"
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 23:19   Link #1393
raile
<3
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lala rainbow land~
No need to go to fancy ways to tell me my dreams will get crushed, darling.
__________________
raile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 23:28   Link #1394
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tokyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
No need to go to fancy ways to tell me my dreams will get crushed, darling.
How 'bout in haiku form then?

In autumn, the movie.
Alto...Sheryl...an embrace.
Suddenly: "Kira☆!"
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 23:32   Link #1395
raile
<3
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lala rainbow land~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
How 'bout in haiku form then?

In autumn, the movie.
Alto...Sheryl...an embrace.
Suddenly: "Kira☆!"
Okay, I admit, I LOL'ed.
__________________
raile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 23:38   Link #1396
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York City
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
How 'bout in haiku form then?

In autumn, the movie.
Alto...Sheryl...an embrace.
Suddenly: "Kira☆!"
Now that works
__________________

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 00:06   Link #1397
ickem
シェリルの為に!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
No need to go to fancy ways to tell me my dreams will get crushed, darling.
A Dream Deferred is more about what can happen when someone's dreams are repressed, so I'd say that it should instead serve as a warning to any who would deny us a conclusion.
ickem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 00:09   Link #1398
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tokyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
A Dream Deferred is more about what can happen when someone's dreams are repressed, so I'd say that it should instead serve as a warning to any who would deny us a conclusion.
What the world needs now is more AruSheri fanfics! Let the healing begin!
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 00:09   Link #1399
BanishingBook
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: East Asian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I doubt they'll change the ending

I do however, expect an implied sex scene like in DYRL
I do expect however, to your however, an possible sex change. XDDDDDD
BanishingBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 00:10   Link #1400
raile
<3
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lala rainbow land~
Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
A Dream Deferred is more about what can happen when someone's dreams are repressed, so I'd say that it should instead serve as a warning to any who would deny us a conclusion.
Thank you for correcting me.
__________________
raile is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.