AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Old 2009-07-03, 03:32   Link #1401
mike_s_6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
How 'bout in haiku form then?

In autumn, the movie.
Alto...Sheryl...an embrace.
Suddenly: "Kira☆!"
Okay, so I LOL'D
mike_s_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 07:32   Link #1402
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_s_6 View Post
Okay, so I LOL'D

Must be something like that...

- Tak

World of Tanks/Planes: Tankers, Pilots, Sailors! JOIN US!!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 10:46   Link #1403
Lostdreams

two movies? Does that mean they're settling the lt in the second movie? I honestly do not think it's gonna be settled in the first movie.
Lostdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 14:43   Link #1404
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdreams View Post
two movies? Does that mean they're settling the lt in the second movie? I honestly do not think it's gonna be settled in the first movie.
Yeah, that's definitely not happening in the first movie. The second movie is where we all will have to hope

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 15:06   Link #1405
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Or maybe the second movie is about Ranka finding a new love? It could be possible. I can imagine a Plus-like triangle with a "Mature-form green"(sorry...CSR's afterefects. I mean a bit more mature Ranka). Perhaps it could go the other way around(Ranka winning in the 1st and Sheryl-centric triangle in the second).
Anyways it's a good thing if the second movie is really a sequel. I am curious about the effects of the cooperation with the Vajra. Maybe there's a possibility that humanity can leave the galaxy. And with the proper analisation of the Vajra technology the VF-s become much more stronger(The Vajra cooperation means almost as gigantic milestone for the humanity as the crash of Macross on Earth.)
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 15:18   Link #1406
justavisitor

Somehow I think there may not be any resolution of the triangle in these 2 movies, so Ranka+Alto+Sheryl will be unresolved forever (kind of like Macross 7?? I never watch it, but from what I heard, that triangle ((if it has one)) stands as status quo..maybe the same thing will happen in MF also)

That lucky Alto
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 18:34   Link #1407
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
Somehow I think there may not be any resolution of the triangle in these 2 movies, so Ranka+Alto+Sheryl will be unresolved forever (kind of like Macross 7?? I never watch it, but from what I heard, that triangle ((if it has one)) stands as status quo..maybe the same thing will happen in MF also)

That lucky Alto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Should that happen, it won't just end with death threats.

- Tak
I Feel this quote is sufficient enough to sum up my feelings about that
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 18:40   Link #1408
magnuskn

Quote:

That lucky Alto
The difference being that in Macross 7 the triangle basically consisted in Basara not being interested at all in Mylene ( he seemed more interested in Gamlin, to be honest. ), Gamlin always was courting Mylene, and Mylene was too young to appreciate what was happening.

All in all, M7 pretty much had the romance aspect as a secondary or tertiary theme of the series. MF had the romance front and center, so IŽd hope for a resolution.

Of course we all said the same back in September....
Old 2009-07-03, 18:48   Link #1409
Westlo
Lets be reality

We can all agree that Frontier is much more romance focused than 7 ever was... and that the fanbase actually cares about it to the point of being obsessed unlike 7...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 19:45   Link #1410
BetoJR
... suki ...
*Artist

But there do exist romantically-obsessed people who still cannot forgive M7's ending, tho...

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 21:15   Link #1411
justavisitor

hmm will the second movie lead to second TV series for the MF?? or will the second movie be the last time we see Ranka, Alto and Sheryl??

I hope we will have another TV series focused on them, but well it's too early to say this stuff...but if this is true, then I am 100% sure they won't end the triangle in the movie

Edit: I admit I am a greedy person...I never expected they would have the second movie, but now I want a second TV series focused on them after knowing they plan to have the second movie (But no one knows whether or not the second movie will have the new main cast anyway, I am thinking too much XD)
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 21:34   Link #1412
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
hmm will the second movie lead to second TV series for the MF?? or will the second movie be the last time we see Ranka, Alto and Sheryl??

I hope we will have another TV series focused on them, but well it's too early to say this stuff...but if this is true, then I am 100% sure they won't end the triangle in the movie

Edit: I admit I am a greedy person...I never expected they would have the second movie, but now I want a second TV series focused on them after knowing they plan to have the second movie (But no one knows whether or not the second movie will have the new main cast anyway, I am thinking too much XD)
Nope, Macross isn't known to make sequels and stay with the same characters so I think the 2 movies is as good as it gets for us. I would have liked a second TV series keeping the same cast but I doubt it.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 12:06   Link #1413
abynormal
Skull Fairy Scout

Send a message via AIM to abynormal Send a message via Skype™ to abynormal
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
But there do exist romantically-obsessed people who still cannot forgive M7's ending, tho...
I was just happy that M7 finally ended after dragging its heels for fifty episodes.
abynormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 17:53   Link #1414
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by abynormal View Post
I was just happy that M7 finally ended after dragging its heels for fifty episodes.
But it didn't! There's still Encore, Dynamite 7, a whole bunch of drama albums, Trash, Mylene Beat...Macross 7 NEVER ends.
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 12:52   Link #1415
abynormal
Skull Fairy Scout

Send a message via AIM to abynormal Send a message via Skype™ to abynormal
Quote:
But it didn't! There's still Encore, Dynamite 7, a whole bunch of drama albums, Trash, Mylene Beat...Macross 7 NEVER ends.
You bastard.
abynormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 19:27   Link #1416
BetoJR
... suki ...
*Artist

He is right, tho...

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 04:13   Link #1417
stray
aniki

Send a message via AIM to stray
Quote:
Did you ever manage to score Mylene Beat by chance?

Also, although there are ironically 2 versions of this around (I think Tak had the Basara version)...

Spoiler for For the "romantically obsessed...":
Old 2009-07-06, 09:43   Link #1418
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
*Fansubber

I saw the trailer for the movie today (when I saw Eva 2.0). LOTS of new animation in the preview (I think only one or two scenes were recycled) but it really didn't give away a whole lot.

I'm looking forward to it, though. Definitely.

And tomorrow...I SEE YOKO KANNO!!! BASK IN MY GLORY!!!
Old 2009-07-06, 14:15   Link #1419
magnuskn

Quote:
I saw the trailer for the movie today (when I saw Eva 2.0). LOTS of new animation in the preview (I think only one or two scenes were recycled) but it really didn't give away a whole lot.

I'm looking forward to it, though. Definitely.

And tomorrow...I SEE YOKO KANNO!!! BASK IN MY GLORY!!!
Damn you, damn you to hell!

Grats, you lucky bastid.
Old 2009-07-06, 14:29   Link #1420
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Damn you, damn you to hell!

Grats, you lucky bastid.
If it's any consolation, there wasn't much to the Frontier preview. Sheryl in the cowgirl outfit, Ranka on a Segway, Brera taking off his sunglasses. A quick shot of the VF-25S and another of the VF-27. And some cell phone text messages (which are reproduced in the latest issue of Macross Ace).

To be honest, Eva 2.0 was so mind-blowing that I kinda forgot about the Frontier trailer for a number of hours afterwards...