AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 789 63.68%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 163 13.16%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 95 7.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 67 5.41%
6 out of 10 : Average 17 1.37%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 18 1.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor 7 0.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 7 0.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.32%
1 out of 10 : Painful 72 5.81%
Voters: 1239. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-09-29, 23:06   Link #3121
Aethos

Lelouch may not have gotten swimming lessons but heh did teach people how to properly dive off the diving board. :P
Aethos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 23:06   Link #3122
RevRayCool

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzia_n View Post
now im starting to pity ougi, even though i still don't like him. he's receiving so much hate from the thread
Browsing through Code Geass vids on Nico Nico (Japanese Youtube), whenever Ougi appears, all the comments I read are "Ougi should have died" or "die Ougi die" or "why didn't Ougi die?" or "OUGI;REQUIEM." I'm fairly certain he isn't well liked anywhere.
RevRayCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 23:10   Link #3123
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Oh, and to add to that, Ougi is actually Prime Minister of Japan now. True story.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 23:12   Link #3124
Aethos

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
Oh, and to add to that, Ougi is actually Prime Minister of Japan now. True story.
The Japanese fans will probably hate him even more now.
Old 2008-09-29, 23:15   Link #3125
Lilslugga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
i loved the ending, and i do believe lelouch is dead anyway

short question:

Does people with geass transfer their memory to the person that touch their hand before their death? (nunnaly touching lelouch hand resulting in some flashback in her mind)
I don't think people with geass can do that but some people say he's either immortal like C.C. or Nunnally can read minds or something
Lilslugga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 23:17   Link #3126
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilslugga View Post
I don't think people with geass can do that but some people say he's either immortal like C.C. or Nunnally can read minds or something
People with Codes do. CC possesses a code. Lelouch, judging from the final episode, seems to possess one, too.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 23:24   Link #3127
blewin

I wonder how Zero can still be a driving force in the world of peace. The Black Knights know that Zero was Lelouch. The ending is pretty convenient for failing to address issues that are bound to happen. I don't think the Black Knights and anyone would accept and least of all, follow someone who has a mask on ever again. How can they not be suspicious of another Zero pulling the strings behind Nunnally?

still, the ending is fairly complete in a way, but not perfect enough for a 10/10. Love the ambiguity of the ending though.
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 23:25   Link #3128
tzia_n
Lurker

Send a message via Yahoo to tzia_n
Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
People with Codes do. CC possesses a code. Lelouch, judging from the final episode, seems to possess one, too.
well i don't recall VV doing that so its hard to generalize it for all code possessors. it could be a CC thing
Old 2008-09-29, 23:27   Link #3129
Lilslugga

Quote:
well i don't recall VV doing that so its hard to generalize it for all code possessors. it could be a CC thing
One of the many yet to be explained mysteries
Lilslugga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 23:28   Link #3130
tzia_n
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
I wonder how Zero can still be a driving force in the world of peace. The Black Knights know that Zero was Lelouch. The ending is pretty convenient for failing to address issues that are bound to happen. I don't think the Black Knights and anyone would accept and least of all, follow someone who has a mask on ever again. How can they not be suspicious of another Zero pulling the strings behind Nunnally?

still, the ending is fairly complete in a way, but not perfect enough for a 10/10. Love the ambiguity of the ending though.
yeah, how BK would react to the new zero is tricky. obviously they have to address the issue because essentially zero is the symbol of hope. they cant keep him dead since he was seen alive already. their best choice imho is to have one of themselves act as zero. it would be stupid for them to simply accept a new zero and follow him

edit: true we have too many mysteries about the code and the geass. that's why i'm all for CG being a franchise: not another sequel but another series under code geass
Old 2008-09-29, 23:30   Link #3131
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aethos View Post
The Japanese fans will probably hate him even more now.
Given the cult like atmosphere Lelouch seems to have in both Japan, and America, I have to question why the had a man that was the face of the betrayal be Prime Minister.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 23:32   Link #3132
tzia_n
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Given the cult like atmosphere Lelouch seems to have in both Japan, and America, I have to question why the had a man that was the face of the betrayal be Prime Minister.
maybe ougi is the mary sue of the series, come to think of it, he probably has the "happiest" end
Old 2008-09-29, 23:32   Link #3133
blewin

Quote:
yeah, how BK would react to the new zero is tricky. obviously they have to address the issue because essentially zero is the symbol of hope. they cant keep him dead since he was seen alive already. their best choice imho is to have one of themselves act as zero. it would be stupid for them to simply accept a new zero and follow him
absolutely. That scene of Nunnally shaking hand with Ougi reeks of suspicion and another season (ok, though S3 is not possible). Put aside that dreamy background music and really look at that scene, how can the Black Knights accept Nunnally just like that?

on other note, that probably can be explained away by the proven fact that the Black Knights are incompetent and are greatly in need of some brainpower. Their acceptance of Lelouch's ability to use the Geass, their acceptance of Schnizel's rule, their acceptance of this new Zero.... not so unpredictable uh?
Old 2008-09-29, 23:34   Link #3134
Cherudim Arche

Quote:
absolutely. That scene of Nunnally shaking hand with Ougi reeks of suspicion and another season (ok, though S3 is not possible). Put aside that dreamy background music and really look at that scene, how can the Black Knights accept Nunnally just like that?

on other note, that probably can be explained away by the proven fact that the Black Knights are incompetent and are greatly in need of some brainpower. Their acceptance of Lelouch's ability to use the Geass, their acceptance of Schnizel's rule, their acceptance of this new Zero.... not so unpredictable uh?
That is the problem of keeping it open, it creates endless alternatives.
Cherudim Arche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 23:36   Link #3135
tzia_n
Lurker

Quote:

and with xing ke likely dying, their brain power goes down even more...

on a side note, this thread has finally slowed down, it was shocking on how fast this thread was moving about half a day ago
Old 2008-09-29, 23:36   Link #3136
Charred Knight

Quote:
maybe ougi is the mary sue of the series, come to think of it, he probably has the "happiest" end
I have two explanations

1. They make a sequel that picks up after Ougi fucks up the place
2. They did it to fuck with the fans. He marries the hottest chick in the series, he has a wedding that everyone goes to and is super happy, and he becomes Prime Minister. Its basically a giant middle finger to the fanbase.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 23:37   Link #3137
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
The minute Suzaku's mask falls off or the Ashford Cat makes people double-take with how close it is to Zero, everything will fall apart..And that's when the champion of the rice-farming community R.R. (Real Rice-Farmer) and C.C. (Corn Collector) step into action to makes things right...

Sunrise presents:

Code Geass: R2 Bought The Farm...

Coming to Theatres Luthousand 11 !!!

Seriously though, lulz...But really seriously though yeah you're right...To think the BK's are all cool with fake zero part 2 is hard to take...Diethard would have totally figured out it was a sham and exposed it, that's why they rubbed him out...
Old 2008-09-29, 23:39   Link #3138
tzia_n
Lurker

Quote:
I have two explanations

1. They make a sequel that picks up after Ougi fucks up the place
2. They did it to fuck with the fans. He marries the hottest chick in the series, he has a wedding that everyone goes to and is super happy, and he becomes Prime Minister. Its basically a giant middle finger to the fanbase.
i'd like number 2 and yet the irony is this series will still make tons of money
Old 2008-09-29, 23:39   Link #3139
Aethos

Quote:
maybe it's supposed to be symbolic.
Old 2008-09-29, 23:39   Link #3140
blewin

endless alternatives, oh my! this definitely needs a third season if the ending is to be taken realistically.

uh? is Xing Ke dying? I can't recall what happened to him at the end... was he one of those to be executed?

on second thought about the ending, it'd have been perfect - in terms of world peace, if ANYONE but Zero was the killer of Lelouch. That way, Zero's gone (though I see why they brought Zero in just to make the circle complete.... but ruining a logical ending), and the world is left to be negotiated between Nunnally and everyone else.

Come to think of it.... Zero really isn't necessary in the end. What matters is Lelouch's death.