AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 789 63.68%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 163 13.16%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 95 7.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 67 5.41%
6 out of 10 : Average 17 1.37%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 18 1.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor 7 0.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 7 0.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.32%
1 out of 10 : Painful 72 5.81%
Voters: 1239. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-10-04, 21:52   Link #4061
El_Lazy_Mexican
Thank you for smoking
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: In your house jumping the fence
Yum.... people are desperate for an episode 26 aren't they (referring to the link claiming an extra episode will air)

I think its made up along with the Gundam 00 airing earlier. Wouldn't be surprised the same person made both

I'll crap bricks if both are true (which it wont so yea )
El_Lazy_Mexican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 21:55   Link #4062
iBeast
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
I need serious help. What anime should I watch now?
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 21:56   Link #4063
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dollars
To Aru Majutsu, Kannagi.
Anime in this season is sure hard to follow. .-.-a
__________________
その光りは、単なる一筋の光りではない。人類の希望を繋いだ。


Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 21:59   Link #4064
White-Snow-Empress
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Wherever CC is
Actually I think that him dying wouldn't fix a damn thing. I mean, Emperor Lelouch had to die, but it wasn't necessary for Lelouch Lamperouge to die. Dying is the easy way out; a couple of minutes of agony and that's it.
On the other hand, him being alive would be so much more sacrifice: it will be a never-ending torture. Yes, he gets to be with CC, but he watches everybody else he cared about die without being able to do anything.

I believe is like the Bushido -the samurai honor code- says about the seppuku (ritual suicide):

"A warrior must always take the most difficult road; die only if that is the most difficult way out, but if Life is more difficult then you must live"
White-Snow-Empress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 22:06   Link #4065
Charred Knight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by White-Snow-Empress View Post
Actually I think that him dying wouldn't fix a damn thing. I mean, Emperor Lelouch had to die, but it wasn't necessary for Lelouch Lamperouge to die. Dying is the easy way out; a couple of minutes of agony and that's it.
On the other hand, him being alive would be so much more sacrifice: it will be a never-ending torture. Yes, he gets to be with CC, but he watches everybody else he cared about die without being able to do anything.

I believe is like the Bushido -the samurai honor code- says about the seppuku (ritual suicide):

"A warrior must always take the most difficult road; die only if that is the most difficult way out, but if Life is more difficult then you must live"
When the hell has Code Geass ever cared about Bushido?

Hell one of the main themes was how Suzaku became stronger due to his abandoning his honor, while the KoR who followed honor, where worthless.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 22:08   Link #4066
El_Lazy_Mexican
Thank you for smoking
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: In your house jumping the fence
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
When the hell has Code Geass ever cared about Bushido?

Hell one of the main themes was how Suzaku became stronger due to his abandoning his honor, while the KoR who followed honor, where worthless.
Well, Not Bushido, but Chivalry indeed (e.g. Orange-Kun and Sayoko)
El_Lazy_Mexican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 22:11   Link #4067
Charred Knight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Lazy_Mexican View Post
Well, Not Bushido, but Chivalry indeed (e.g. Orange-Kun and Sayoko)
Jeremiah and Sayoko are the only people who follow fealty. I don't think all of a sudden your going to get an ending that follows the way of the sword.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 22:23   Link #4068
Ledgem
Love Yourself
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Northeast USA
Age: 28
I understand the sentiments people have about wanting Lelouch to live, along with the possibility of having a third season or continuation of some sort that it would bring. However, the ending was beautifully done as it is. From the very beginning we've seen Lelouch honestly regard many people as pawns, tools to be used rather than people to be respected and cared for. Over the course of the series Lelouch wavered between total disregard for his own emotions along with the lives of others, and truly caring to make things better for everyone. In the end he made the ultimate sacrifice, trading his life and his reputation for world peace and unity.

It's a bittersweet ending, and yet I feel that endings like this are what distinguish anime from many western forms of entertainment. The deaths of characters that should seemingly be unkillable is a terrific story tool. As much as I'd love to see a third season of Code Geass, this was a beautiful ending as it is. It would be cheapened immensely by a third season where Lelouch lived. This series was one heck of an emotional ride, and it was fitted with a beautiful ending. Fantastic.
__________________
Ledgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 22:38   Link #4069
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
That is a good point but for me Lelouch being alive is just out of character. And for me after all the events that happened I think that Lelouch dying is better way for atone for his sin. For him to live while many of others who died as a result of Lelouch , such as Euphie and Shirely seems just wrong for me. All those people lost their future because of Lelouch so why does Lelouch deserve to live? This is what I think Lelouch feels and he already has chosen Suzaku to watch over the world after he died.
[Emphasis on text mine]

I disagree that Lelouch not dying is out of character. It's hard to say. Is dying something Lelouch would normally do? Cause being OOC is a character doing something it wouldn't normally do.


Also, you can't just dictate whether or not Lelouch should die according to your moral values.
__________________
Droplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 22:41   Link #4070
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNGO View Post
One of the best animes I've ever seen. Even though lulu died at the end, it was for the best, you could say he died in a "badass" way, paying for his sins and at the same time being like a savior and making a huge positive impact humanity (although killing thousands of people in the process ).
Awesome series! Too bad good things have to end . I hope more animes like this one keep coming out in the future, we still have gundam 00 that is coming out this week .
The goal of Lelouch is to "die" and erase his existence, as far as the public is concerned. It doesn't necessarily mean that he himself should die.

Actually, the ending is Lelouch is alive and Lelouch is dead, again depending on the perspective.

In the anime itself, the public believed that Lelouch is dead, but only because they are ignorant of the Code's power.

However, those who knew Lelouch much more, such as C.C. and Nunnally, knew that Lelouch is still alive.

So who do we side with: The ignorant masses or those who actually knew Lelouch?
__________________
Droplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 23:12   Link #4071
Charred Knight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droplet View Post
The goal of Lelouch is to "die" and erase his existence, as far as the public is concerned. It doesn't necessarily mean that he himself should die.

Actually, the ending is Lelouch is alive and Lelouch is dead, again depending on the perspective.

In the anime itself, the public believed that Lelouch is dead, but only because they are ignorant of the Code's power.

However, those who knew Lelouch much more, such as C.C. and Nunnally, knew that Lelouch is still alive.

So who do we side with: The ignorant masses or those who actually knew Lelouch?
What the hell are you talking about? That's strawman

You just can't say that Lelouch is alive because Nunnaly, and C.C know them best and believe his alive when their is nothing that states that.

You just can't call people who think his dead Ignorant Masses.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 23:52   Link #4072
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
What the hell are you talking about? That's strawman

You just can't say that Lelouch is alive because Nunnaly, and C.C know them best and believe his alive when their is nothing that states that.

You just can't call people who think his dead Ignorant Masses.
By ignorant, I just mean that the people didn't know of Zero Requiem. That in that plan, Lelouch intended to be shown 'dead'.

As for what I said about C.C. and Nunnally, there's plenty of unstated premises that I didn't bother to write.

Anyway, my point is just that those who didn't know Lelouch or about Codes and Geasses should be thoroughly convinced that Lelouch is dead.
__________________
Droplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 00:35   Link #4073
Charred Knight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droplet View Post
By ignorant, I just mean that the people didn't know of Zero Requiem. That in that plan, Lelouch intended to be shown 'dead'.

As for what I said about C.C. and Nunnally, there's plenty of unstated premises that I didn't bother to write.

Anyway, my point is just that those who didn't know Lelouch or about Codes and Geasses should be thoroughly convinced that Lelouch is dead.
Their is no confirmation either way
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 02:45   Link #4074
Sol Falling
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droplet View Post
[Emphasis on text mine]

I disagree that Lelouch not dying is out of character. It's hard to say. Is dying something Lelouch would normally do? Cause being OOC is a character doing something it wouldn't normally do.


Also, you can't just dictate whether or not Lelouch should die according to your moral values.
Dying is something Lelouch would do, actually. See Stage 7 in season one, where Lelouch says he'd kill himself if he couldn't do anything. See also Turn 18, where Lelouch accepts death while saving Kallen. Lelouch has always believed in putting his life on the line ("those who shoot must be willing to be shot"), and he's never backed out of anything to save his own hide. For these and other reasons, if you really think about what Lelouch did and believed in, his death is immensely in character.
__________________
Seasonal enjoyment ratings:
HappinessCharge Precure 100/5 :: Stardust Crusaders 80/5 :: Mushishi S2 90/5 :: Akuma no Riddle: 15/5 :: Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san 24/5 :: GochiUsa 33/5 :: Soul Eater NOT! 18/5 :: Love Live! S2 80/5
Summer: Sailor Moon Crystal 24/5 :: Hanayamata 30/5 :: Locodol 80/5 :: Yama no Susume 100/5 :: Momo Kyun Sword 11/5
God-tier yuri oneshot mangaka: Minase Ruruu
Yuri Precure otaku manga: Shinozaki-san ki wo ota shika ni
Awesome shoujo manga: Last Game
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 02:59   Link #4075
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Dying is something Lelouch would do, actually. See Stage 7 in season one, where Lelouch says he'd kill himself if he couldn't do anything. See also Turn 18, where Lelouch accepts death while saving Kallen. Lelouch has always believed in putting his life on the line ("those who shoot must be willing to be shot"), and he's never backed out of anything to save his own hide. For these and other reasons, if you really think about what Lelouch did and believed in, his death is immensely in character.
He had two months to plan this one though. Turn 18 is different it was on the spot. You're right on Stage 8, except that in the final scene he's already done everything and all ends well.

Lelouch died. Then he rose again.
__________________
Droplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 03:17   Link #4076
Varis
Composed Eccentric
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Switzerland
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to Varis Send a message via Yahoo to Varis
I really like how the polls turned out. All those whiners that manage to give an episode a 1 just because they didn't understand the ending or because the last few episodes have not gone their way... or the best one yet... because of 2nd hand information that the show MIGHT have turned out different are now in the vast minority.

For an episode to receive a "1" it has to be pretty bad, beyond how you like or dislike how the storyline turned out. If the animation is good and the music was well done, it is already above a 1.

It's like those people that hate Seed Destiny because it's "cool" to hate it on the boards. It keeps being used as a reference on how bad a show can be ignoring the fact that is was very popular and a success. Even the biggest haters didn't go "oh wow, this is pretty shitty, I'll drop that show like a bad habit and watch something else" .... nope, they where glued to the computer spamming that refresh button to download the episode as soon as possible, then hit the boards with a flaming running start...



Try to learn from Code Geass... if you're disapointed, if you're shipping shipwrecked or plain confused.. give it some time. Let some people explain what happend, cool off and please... PLEASE curbe the hate until you have seen the translated version.
Varis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 03:24   Link #4077
chris062689
The Azure Knight
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
I'm curious...
Was there ever a case where Lelouch geassed an Animal?
Think it's possible?
chris062689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 04:12   Link #4078
Sol Falling
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
Eh, if you get memory loss when you pass the Code, how the hell did the nun kill herself? Must have wanted to do it since the beginning of time O_o I find that kinda hard to believe.
If you remember V.V.'s case, he died because of injuries he got before losing the Code. The Nun was probably stabbed by herself or C.C. during the transfer, and died from the bloodloss afterwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexagram View Post
real and only reason for zero requiem was that he wanted to create a better world for nunnally. once thats done, he just left to live a peaceful life with c2...

evidence of lelouch being alive:

1) at the end, c2 said how "geass...brings you solitude....not quite accurate, lelouch?"
why would she say that if she's really living in solitude? i.e. - not with lelouch?
C.C. doesn't even have Geass, she has Code. Geass is what was supposed to make people lonely, and Lelouch was the one this didn't happen to. If you're wondering how C.C. could be happy without him, see my post in the romance thread here.

Quote:
2) lelouch's an immortal - either C2 has given him that power or he got immortality as a level-up from double geass...
This isn't evidence of Lelouch being alive, this is a (speculative) explanation. C.C. would have lost her memories of Lelouch had she given him her Code, and also she wouldn't be crying. As for 'leveling up', there's no precedent: even Charles, who had an even stronger Geass than Lelouch (he could activate/deactivate it), had to get his by taking it from V.V..

Quote:
anyway, C2's wish is fulfilled - her true wish being "to be loved".
Lelouch doesn't need to be loved for this to be true. Also, both C.C. and Lelouch have mentioned several times since Turn 15 that their true agreement was to make C.C. smile.

Quote:
evidence of lelouch's immortality or C2-level powers is when nunnally touched him and saw his flashblacks.

that's exactly the same when someone (forgot who it was...probably suzaku) touched C2 and saw C2's flashback.
Actually, it was Lelouch who touched her--and it only happened because C.C. was giving Suzaku visions. This means that the contractor has to be showing somebody else visions for someone who touches them to see their memories. Furthermore, C.C. couldn't control (didn't know) what she was showing Suzaku, and she couldn't control what Lelouch saw either. So given this, to say that Nunally saw visions, beyond assuming that Lelouch has a Code, you also have to assume that Lelouch knew he had a Code, and that he wanted to show Nunally random visions which he couldn't control.

Quote:
when C2 *dies* her heart also stops beating - which can explain how Lelouch, given his immortality, can escape the autospy test unnoticed and reunite with C2
Actually, there's nothing to suggest that immortals ever die. From Stage 11 of season 1, Lelouch describes C.C. as having 'abnormally fast regenerative powers'. The way Code works is their body immediately starts regenerating upon injury, so there's no reason why the heart should stop beating unless it's forced to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
This is not about repenting, repenting is not the message, this is actually the opposite message to that because trying to repent at the expense of yourself has shown to have not been the wise decision. What is an overarching theme however is the establishment of results, as far as what Lelouch has done he has more then filled his obligations to those that were lost through this new era of peace. If Lelouch is truly serious in atoning, then watching over this new peace into eternity as an immortal I feel sends a better overall message, in regards to criticism of what would keep this new era of Lelouch's from falling apart down the line, this provides a good answer to that I feel >_>
Code Geass is not a show about "results". Lelouch believed in "ends before means" in the beginning, but he changed his mind after episode 18--just like Suzaku believed in "means before ends" in the beginning, but changed his mind after the same episode. In the end, both of them were right--that's why they became allies in the end.

And since Lelouch doesn't believe in forcing his will onto others, he'd do nothing to keep the peace even if he were alive. The whole point of him rejecting Charles/Schniezel and then dying was to say that people will search for their own tomorrow; that's why (at least politically) him being alive is useless. You said that this show discourages punishing yourself uselessly, right? Making Lelouch watch over the world out of 'atonement' falls right into that category.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droplet View Post
He had two months to plan this one though. Turn 18 is different it was on the spot. You're right on Stage 8, except that in the final scene he's already done everything and all ends well.

Lelouch died. Then he rose again.
We're talking about 'in character' here. Lelouch has shown several times that he's willing to give his life to achieve something. Lelouch has shown zero times that he tries to avoid necessary burden. If Lelouch knows he has to die for this plan, what makes you think he'd go out of his way to avoid it? He embraced it, just like he always had.

Lelouch. Look at his smile as Zero comes near him. Look at his smile as he arrives to greet Nunally. Look at his smile as he closes his eyes. That smile is not the smile of an actor.
__________________
Seasonal enjoyment ratings:
HappinessCharge Precure 100/5 :: Stardust Crusaders 80/5 :: Mushishi S2 90/5 :: Akuma no Riddle: 15/5 :: Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san 24/5 :: GochiUsa 33/5 :: Soul Eater NOT! 18/5 :: Love Live! S2 80/5
Summer: Sailor Moon Crystal 24/5 :: Hanayamata 30/5 :: Locodol 80/5 :: Yama no Susume 100/5 :: Momo Kyun Sword 11/5
God-tier yuri oneshot mangaka: Minase Ruruu
Yuri Precure otaku manga: Shinozaki-san ki wo ota shika ni
Awesome shoujo manga: Last Game

Last edited by Sol Falling; 2008-10-05 at 04:26.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 04:18   Link #4079
Charred Knight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varis View Post
I really like how the polls turned out. All those whiners that manage to give an episode a 1 just because they didn't understand the ending or because the last few episodes have not gone their way... or the best one yet... because of 2nd hand information that the show MIGHT have turned out different are now in the vast minority.

For an episode to receive a "1" it has to be pretty bad, beyond how you like or dislike how the storyline turned out. If the animation is good and the music was well done, it is already above a 1.

It's like those people that hate Seed Destiny because it's "cool" to hate it on the boards. It keeps being used as a reference on how bad a show can be ignoring the fact that is was very popular and a success. Even the biggest haters didn't go "oh wow, this is pretty shitty, I'll drop that show like a bad habit and watch something else" .... nope, they where glued to the computer spamming that refresh button to download the episode as soon as possible, then hit the boards with a flaming running start...



Try to learn from Code Geass... if you're disapointed, if you're shipping shipwrecked or plain confused.. give it some time. Let some people explain what happend, cool off and please... PLEASE curbe the hate until you have seen the translated version.
People hate Gundam Seed Destiny because it was awful.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 04:24   Link #4080
incorrupts
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greece
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varis View Post
I really like how the polls turned out. All those whiners that manage to give an episode a 1 just because they didn't understand the ending or because the last few episodes have not gone their way... or the best one yet... because of 2nd hand information that the show MIGHT have turned out different are now in the vast minority.

That is because last epi did not focus on ZOMG romance!

I am a sucker for romance to be honest, but i was too busy watching how awesome Lulu was. That and his death.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:28.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.