AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 789 63.68%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 163 13.16%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 95 7.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 67 5.41%
6 out of 10 : Average 17 1.37%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 18 1.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor 7 0.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 7 0.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.32%
1 out of 10 : Painful 72 5.81%
Voters: 1239. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-09-28, 09:50   Link #841
Shadows_Esper
That guy over there

After re-watching it, that guy driving the wagon at the end either jacked lelouch's collar or it is lelouch. at 22:03. On a stream if you can find it.
Shadows_Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 09:51   Link #842
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

All good things must come to an end. Come on, this "train wreck" wasn't that bad, was it?

RIP Lelouche. While it's possible Sunrise may yet come back to milk more from this franchise, the story concerning our anti-hero is no more.

First, Chiba, who has a crush on Toudou, has probably become the first ever Sunrise character to survive all the way to the end after making the proverbial death flag back in episode 16, when before going to battle, she said "After this war, there's something I want to tell you." Congratulations, Chiba.

Second, LOL at Schneizel being beaten to a pulp and tied to a pole.

Third, Lulu, I know you want to troll the world, but how could you dress your own sister in such rags? Maybe it's my closet lolicon mind at work, but for some reason I'm, ahem, "turned on" by it.

Fourth, the way "Zero" ran, I'm sure everyone must have guessed that it's Suzaku. With his "live on" Geass still active, him surviving the explosion of the Lancelot easily becomes plausible, however improbable.

Fifth, LMAO at Orange-kun finally fulfilling his dream of running an orange farm, and with Anya of all people. Now where'd that come from?

Finally, poor C.C. I was expecting she would go together with Lulu to the "world of C". I'm sure the drive of that cart she's stowing away on is just some random peasant, while C.C. now communicates with Lulu in the "world of C", much like how she conversed with Marianne.

With Lulu and presumably Schneizel gone, would that make Cornelia next in line to the throne, if Britannia even continues to exist at all?

Oh crap, Sunrise, especially Director Taniguchi, YOU NEVER EXPLAINED WHAT THE HELL GEASS IS!!! Or C.C.'s real name, for that matter!

But still, this "train wreck" was good entertainment if you ask me.

It was fun while it lasted.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 09:51   Link #843
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Uh...fanmade, Shadows. That merchant's wearing...well, I can't describe it well, so a 'semi-veil'. Not a collar.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 09:52   Link #844
Strygwyr
Attention Queen killer.
*IT Support

Suzaku came from an honorary britania-warrant officer-knight of seven-knight of zero-.................and became zero
Strygwyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 09:53   Link #845
Shadows_Esper
That guy over there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Uh...fanmade, Shadows. That merchant's wearing...well, I can't describe it well, so a 'semi-veil'. Not a collar.
Ahh, well. Still it is sunrise. I hope the DVD version will show more or atleast give us C.C.'s name.
Shadows_Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 09:54   Link #846
nexocentric
俺は!僕は…あたしは?!

Quote:
...So you wanted Code Geass to turn into Gantz, or Ideon, or Mezzo Forte?
I haven't seen gantz or ideon.... I "haven't" seen Mezzo Forte (it was pretty good)... I guess kind of... I just wanted a blood bath soo I could sit here screaming why did Kallen die... why did C.C. die... why did corneria die....(C.C.'s body is pretty.... never mind...)
nexocentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 09:55   Link #847
Shuuda
Sniped.

Send a message via MSN to Shuuda
Watching the RAW of this episode only strengthens my belief that people are overreacting saying it's bad. I cannot give a proper judgements or comments till I see the subs, but what I saw was brilliant.
Shuuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 09:55   Link #848
Velden

Impression:
Sad...and at the same time satisfied...
Spoiler for speculation and thoughts:

Last edited by Velden; 2008-09-28 at 09:57. Reason: forgot spoiler tag
Velden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 09:55   Link #849
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Seems that lelouch is dead, really dead. I watched the s** and I don't really have any doubts left about that.

Now that I understand what they were saying, I liked it a bit more XD. But still, it doesn't resolve anything.

Kallen understood what suzaku and lelouch were doing when she saw zero (suzaku).

And C.C..................... no answers about the mysteries of the geass.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 09:55   Link #850
Dream_Traveller
Banned

You wanted a bloodbath just so you could fuel your urge for angst?

Sorry, that's twisted.

Velden, C.C. has raised her voice a tad many a time in her little self-conversations. Also, why would Lelouch fake his death when he knows he has to die, when he wants to die? To throw all of that aside is stupid.
Old 2008-09-28, 09:56   Link #851
Sciel
Etoilé

Just watched the episode with subs finally .
Orange was badass especially when he jumped out of his self destructed Siegfried and landed on Mordred to attack Anya .
Quite Kallen finally figured out what Lulu and Suzaku were up to at the end .

Overall the season above average . Its nowhere as bad as some make it out to be , some people jumped onto the geass hate train way too fast IMO. My biggest gripe would be the pacing , an extra 3-4 episodes would have been perfect .

As for the ending , my take on it is that Lulu's probably alive .
1)Why on earth would Jeremiah allow Lelouch to be killed . He even smirks when he allows Suzaku past him.
2)C.C's reaction . Its been clear for all to see in the past episode or two that see loves Lelouch . If he is dead then i doubt she would have been shown happy and smiling at the end .
3) The driver of the wagon . They never ever show his face or give a close up . This is probably the most blatant piece of evidence . For those who think he's an old geezer ,

He doesn't seem to look like one when zoomed in , the "collar" of his shirt just makes him look old.

Knowing sunrise , they'll probably include some extra scenes in the blurays/dvds in order to milk Code Geass to hell and back .

PS : We see Shen Hu in the background when Ougi and Nunnally shake hands , I assume Xing Ke lives?
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 09:59   Link #852
Runty

Wow, that was one helluva ending. I always thought Lelouch's plan was to get everyone pissed off at him, and then have himself disappear. I didn't expect that he planned to die. Lelouch, you're the freaking man.
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 09:59   Link #853
Dream_Traveller
Banned

* Jeremiah was probably let in on the plan. And, seeing as, next to Suzaku, he was as loyal as they came, he would have allowed him to do it. And Suzaku's the Knight of Zero after all.

* C.C. said that she would live life to the fullest. Lelouch, though dead, obviously affected her well enough to live positively. What, did you expect her to be hunched in a corner and wailing?

* The driver's a random merchant.
Old 2008-09-28, 09:59   Link #854
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Just for the record, my actual non protest/who gives a damn vote was a 7.5 which rounds out to a 7 or 8, probably leading more towards a 7. Just so ya know.....

My overall series rating when the chance comes is about an 8. I really and truly liked this show a lot, what can I say. Still, Gundam 00 is in the end the better show IMO and I can't wait for it too start. Not going to blog it though....no no no no.

By the way, everytime somebody says something like "Knowing Sunrise" I can't help but think "Pfffft...no you don't".
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 10:01   Link #855
nexocentric
俺は!僕は…あたしは?!

Quote:
You wanted a bloodbath just so you could fuel your urge for angst?

Sorry, that's twisted.

Velden, C.C. has raised her voice a tad many a time in her little self-conversations. Also, why would Lelouch fake his death when he knows he has to die, when he wants to die? To throw all of that aside is stupid.
I know... I'm what the japanese say どっS
Old 2008-09-28, 10:04   Link #856
Airi
White Empress
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Airi Send a message via Skype™ to Airi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post

Now that I understand what they were saying, I liked it a bit more XD

I'm glad to read this from you, Narona!
Airi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 10:04   Link #857
Inferno Phoenyx
Team No Feelings

Send a message via Skype™ to Inferno Phoenyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciel View Post
Just watched the episode with subs finally .
Orange was badass especially when he jumped out of his self destructed Siegfried and landed on Mordred to attack Anya .
Quite Kallen finally figured out what Lulu and Suzaku were up to at the end .

Overall the season above average . Its nowhere as bad as some make it out to be , some people jumped onto the geass hate train way too fast IMO. My biggest gripe would be the pacing , an extra 3-4 episodes would have been perfect .

As for the ending , my take on it is that Lulu's probably alive .
1)Why on earth would Jeremiah allow Lelouch to be killed . He even smirks when he allows Suzaku past him.
2)C.C's reaction . Its been clear for all to see in the past episode or two that see loves Lelouch . If he is dead then i doubt she would have been shown happy and smiling at the end .
3) The driver of the wagon . They never ever show his face or give a close up . This is probably the most blatant piece of evidence . For those who think he's an old geezer ,

He doesn't seem to look like one when zoomed in , the "collar" of his shirt just makes him look old.

Knowing sunrise , they'll probably include some extra scenes in the blurays/dvds in order to milk Code Geass to hell and back .

PS : We see Shen Hu in the background when Ougi and Nunnally shake hands , I assume Xing Ke lives?
For some reason, the image of Lelouch in the ED pops into my head where he's wearing white and a red ribbon wrapped around his neck and hand.
Inferno Phoenyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 10:04   Link #858
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Just for the record, my actual non protest/who gives a damn vote was a 7.5 which rounds out to a 7 or 8, probably leading more towards a 7. Just so ya know.....

My overall series rating when the chance comes is about an 8. I really and truly liked this show a lot, what can I say. Still, Gundam 00 is in the end the better show IMO and I can't wait for it too start. Not going to blog it though....no no no no.

By the way, everytime somebody says something like "Knowing Sunrise" I can't help but think "Pfffft...no you don't".
I loved this series as a whole, really. I would give it a 9/10. But it's sad that in the end, not a lot of mysteries are resolved and even the ending about how the war stopped feels not so right. I mean, lelouch is dead, one man is dead and now everything is kinda ok. A bit hard to swallow.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 10:04   Link #859
nexocentric
俺は!僕は…あたしは?!

Quote:
* Jeremiah was probably let in on the plan. And, seeing as, next to Suzaku, he was as loyal as they came, he would have allowed him to do it. And Suzaku's the Knight of Zero after all.

* C.C. said that she would live life to the fullest. Lelouch, though dead, obviously affected her well enough to live positively. What, did you expect her to be hunched in a corner and wailing?

* The driver's a random merchant.
Just watched it in slow mo. The Driver IS a random merchant.

Last edited by nexocentric; 2008-09-28 at 10:07. Reason: according to what I could see in hd....
Old 2008-09-28, 10:06   Link #860
finalnight
Supreme Commander

I'm curious if anyone has been on the Japanese boards to see what Japan fan reaction is. I remember that people were saying their reaction was pretty mixed/shifting negative to Macross's ending like our's were. I wonder if that is the same for CG.
finalnight is offline   Reply With Quote