AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 789 63.73%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 163 13.17%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 94 7.59%
7 out of 10 : Good 67 5.41%
6 out of 10 : Average 17 1.37%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 18 1.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor 7 0.57%
3 out of 10 : Bad 7 0.57%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.32%
1 out of 10 : Painful 72 5.82%
Voters: 1238. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-09-28, 14:43   Link #1221
Sou_Sou

The Ending was pretty good in my opinion. Lelouch is not the type to break promises to people he cares about so

Spoiler for Lelouch Death:

The only thing I did not like about the end is that it felt like the end to Endless Waltz except you KNOW something is going to happen that could start a new war.
Sou_Sou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 14:44   Link #1222
FreezeGeass

Lelouch is, most definitely, alive at the end of the show. As several others have mentioned, it would appear that CC's Code was transferred to Lelouch upon his death, which also triggered the memory transfer to Nunnaly, similar to how CC transferred to Lelouch's in an earlier episode. Someone brought up that no real pact was made to justify such a transfer, but then again, I don't believe we're ever told that such a pact is necessary for a Code to transfer. Others have stated that transferring Code means the previous owner dies; false. Transferring Code only means the previous owner becomes mortal. VV died because of sustaining mortal injuries prior to transferring that killed him after transferring, and the nun died of her own will. Finally, the intentional blocking of the driver's features, his gentleman-style clothing which does not befit a farmer, and the INTENTIONAL camera pan up purposely revealing a side of the driver are far too obvious nods to an identity being kept hidden. CC is speaking to him, and as said earlier (rough paraphrasing here): "Geass, the power of kings, causes isolation to its user...well, I guess that's not entirely true, eh Lelouch?"

keypoints here:
-code transfer for Lelouch immortality
-code transfer doesn't mean previous owner dies, just becomes mortal
-blocking of driver's features and camera pan close up on driver's side too intentional, not a technique one uses for an obscure no-name cart driver
-CC's final line, directed towards lelouch, about geass not causing isolation after all
FreezeGeass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 14:45   Link #1223
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sou_Sou View Post
The Ending was pretty good in my opinion. Lelouch is not the type to break promises to people he cares about so

Spoiler for Lelouch Death:

The only thing I did not like about the end is that it felt like the end to Endless Waltz except you KNOW something is going to happen that could start a new war.
And like Endless Waltz individuals and the people as a whole will rise up and protect it, much as I think that is what Lelouch is counting on in order for the peace to continue, not that he's made everyone's dream a reality and pulled them to contribute in sustaining it. It is not people or things, but ideas, symbols, and inspiration that will go farther and move people to heights never imagined before
Old 2008-09-28, 14:47   Link #1224
Tijnisch

I've been discussing the possibility of Lelouch living for quite a while now and through those discussions have we found a clue that should prove that Lelouch is still alive.
As you probably have noticed, near the end of the final episode we see a bird origami in the haywagon.
Now why would CC carry around such a thing? A few awnsers come to mind:

A) It's her memoir of Lelouch
B) It's Lelouch's memoir of Nunnally

As seen in season 1, Nunnally is a big fan of making those origami birds as she was once told that folding a thousand would cure her.
This would probably mean that this bird too was made by Nunnally and thus carried around by Lelouch.

Tijnisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 14:47   Link #1225
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreator View Post
There is going to be a movie.
Why do I even bother... there is not going to be a movie or R3. It is over, done with, etc. with maybe an interview with one of the writers in some week's time

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 14:48   Link #1226
5_of_Spades

Despite how much I wish Lelouch lived at the end (Sunrise actually squeezed some tears out of me despite my initial 'LOL' reaction at Suzaku dodging machine-gun bullets...), I think it would be better for him to stay dead and not alive and immortal. Imagine how shitty he'd feel 50 years down the line when people starting fighting a world war again.

There are no such things as war to end all wars or evil that you can overthrow to establish peace forever.
5_of_Spades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 14:48   Link #1227
lousylaus

If Lelouch is alive and went to live a happy life with CC, Suzaku sure got screwed big time, hiding behind the mask forever and working to fix this mess and bring happiness to everyone at the expense of his.

Lelouch is dead, but if people want to believe he's alive suits yourselves
lousylaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 14:48   Link #1228
alkazar

In my opinion, the best thing would be if Lelouch was dead...

BUT! I still can not shake off my suspicions of Lelouch being alive. He is a master of planing. Notice how at the end they show "Orange" and the Mariahanne possed girl (don't remember her name >.<') being at some place that looks like a vilage somewhere in the south. And notice how C.C. is riding in that vagon, in a place that looks similiar to where those 2 were. The most irritating thing, is how C.C. says, "Ne, Lelouche" - the tone of her voice, and how her eyes drift upwards - towards whoever is riding the vagon - whom btw we never see.

If Lelouch was alive, I would not think him being with anyone else then C.C., the "Orange" and the girl, do "fit" in the picture somehow in my eyes - "Orange" being who he is, and the girl - we never find out much about her, but that she has no memories.

Of course, it's all probably me just reading far too deep - exactly like the creators of the anime want us to do - and seeing only what I wish to see - Lelouch being alive...

I just had to share my speculations with someone ^^'
alkazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 14:49   Link #1229
AceD
See You En' Tee

meh its totaly open, thats the bottom line, as for the cart driver - theres no way to say it is or it isnt, you dont see his face, also when it zooms towards CC it shows half of the cart drivers face cut off the screen (only showing the mask). Why is it hiding this guys face? is it some kind of sterotype that cart riders ware masks lol?

and CC does arc her head when she says ''isnt that right, Lelouch?'' 1) talking to the cart driver or 2) just speaking to herself, and gazing into the heavens as it where
Old 2008-09-28, 14:49   Link #1230
ApathyEcstasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezeGeass View Post
Lelouch is, most definitely, alive at the end of the show. As several others have mentioned, it would appear that CC's Code was transferred to Lelouch upon his death, which also triggered the memory transfer to Nunnaly, similar to how CC transferred to Lelouch's in an earlier episode. Someone brought up that no real pact was made to justify such a transfer, but then again, I don't believe we're ever told that such a pact is necessary for a Code to transfer. Others have stated that transferring Code means the previous owner dies; false. Transferring Code only means the previous owner becomes mortal. VV died because of sustaining mortal injuries prior to transferring that killed him after transferring, and the nun died of her own will. Finally, the intentional blocking of the driver's features, his gentleman-style clothing which does not befit a farmer, and the INTENTIONAL camera pan up purposely revealing a side of the driver are far too obvious nods to an identity being kept hidden. CC is speaking to him, and as said earlier (rough paraphrasing here): "Geass, the power of kings, causes isolation to its user...well, I guess that's not entirely true, eh Lelouch?"

keypoints here:
-blocking of driver's features and camera pan close up on driver's side too intentional, not a technique one uses for an obscure no-name cart driver
-CC's final line, directed towards lelouch, about geass not causing isolation after all
It works out for C.C. too, she doesn't want to live forever..so that means if she's mortal now, she gets to live a normal natural life with lelouche until old age or natural causes gets her...it's lelouche's turn to carry the burden CC has carried
ApathyEcstasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 14:50   Link #1231
Harimo Haria

I don't understand why people are going crazy over that fact that there was no Lulu x ( ). Where in the genre listings does it say romance?
Harimo Haria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 14:51   Link #1232
metamorphic
ことわり
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezeGeass View Post

keypoints here:
I agree totally. All of these hint at one thing - Lelouch is alive. Taniguchi's history and throwbacks prove this point.
metamorphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 14:51   Link #1233
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5_of_Spades View Post
Despite how much I wish Lelouch lived at the end (Sunrise actually squeezed some tears out of me despite my initial 'LOL' reaction at Suzaku dodging machine-gun bullets...), I think it would be better for him to stay dead and not alive and immortal. Imagine how shitty he'd feel 50 years down the line when people starting fighting a world war again.

There are no such things as war to end all wars or evil that you can overthrow to establish peace forever.
Eh, its happened before, and if it does then he's there to lend a hand against it if that is the case. You have to have more faith, that what he saw in peoples hearts will overcome such threats and allow this peace to remain. Legends, Ideas, Symbols, they last the longest and go the farthest with their message more then anything else I feel and so long as people keep those things in their hearts as Lelouch believes they will then such a time of prosperity will last and endure I feel
Old 2008-09-28, 14:52   Link #1234
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5_of_Spades View Post
Amen to that... after all, WWI was called the War to End all Wars, and I believe we had something called WWII some time later

I would love to see another story set in the CG universe, but set a century or two down the road, and have war break out... wonder what would happen

two possibilities:
Assuming Lelouch is dead: He rolls over in his grave (we'll just say he has one somewhere), and goes, "Dammit! and I even gave my life for peace too! Nunnally, where did you or your successors go wrong?"

Assuming he's alive: Comes back on scene to end the fighting once again

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 14:52   Link #1235
Masterkeyes2
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via MSN to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via Yahoo to Masterkeyes2
Although it is possible that C.C. is talking to Lelouch directley(I.E. he is the cart driver) it is possible that C.C. is just asking a question out-loud. Basically asking the heavens or something to that extent.
Masterkeyes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 14:54   Link #1236
Lelouch71
Black Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by lousylaus View Post
If Lelouch is alive and went to live a happy life with CC, Suzaku sure got screwed big time, hiding behind the mask forever and working to fix this mess and bring happiness to everyone at the expense of his.

Lelouch is dead, but if people want to believe he's alive suits yourselves
Assuming if he did became immortal he could had simply took CC code and left her to live a mortal life. If that is the case then all the people he cares about will die as he continues to live for eternity. So in a sense he is screwed and can't go back to his old life. Lelouch would have to live with his sins for eternity as he keep losing important people.
Old 2008-09-28, 14:55   Link #1237
TheCreator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterkeyes2 View Post
Although it is possible that C.C. is talking to Lelouch directley(I.E. he is the cart driver) it is possible that C.C. is just asking a question out-loud. Basically asking the heavens or something to that extent.

Lelouch is alive people, his geass is still on shnezeil and whatever his face is... the dude is still obedient lmao
TheCreator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 14:55   Link #1238
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Amen to that... after all, WWI was called the War to End all Wars, and I believe we had something called WWII some time later

I would love to see another story set in the CG universe, but set a century or two down the road, and have war break out... wonder what would happen

two possibilities:
Assuming Lelouch is dead: He rolls over in his grave (we'll just say he has one somewhere), and goes, "Dammit! and I even gave my life for peace too! Nunnally, where did you or your successors go wrong?"

Assuming he's alive: Comes back on scene to end the fighting once again
C'mon, have some faith, its not all about the power-grabbing and desire, Lelouch and Code Geass in general brings up the point about a shared wish for peace shared by all, a world of kindness in which they may grasp that bit of happiness that had so alluded them before, and I believe that is the way to go in terms of achieving such a thing, reverberate a message across the world that each individual person will take to heart, with an example of what not to be on the one hand and of what you should strive to become on the other

See, works out better if he's alive
Old 2008-09-28, 14:55   Link #1239
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

A very good ending plot wise, and a very bad ending character wise... well at least they got one of them nicely wrapped up, so that's a big plus already... a shame for all the characters though, they got ditched for the sake of the grand scene.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 14:57   Link #1240
The_Dominion

All of this argumentation is funny.

Here is the one and only truth. Lelouch is both alive and dead.

Simply, if Sunrise wants to make a movie or OVA, the cart driver was Lelouch.

If not, then Lelouch actually did die for your sins.
The_Dominion is offline   Reply With Quote