AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2003-11-11, 05:50   Link #1
squall_3150

please help me!!

hiii, i've been getting really slow dl speeds.... i use bt 3.3...i have adsl 512/128....and wots strange is that i get 1-5kb download average and 9-12kb upload average.....its not that the torrent files werent seeded, i tried dl'ing naruto when it just came out and i get a 2kb dl and 10kb upload...any ideas? pleaseeeee

i've used diff clients form bt 3.3 to azurus, burst,torment and bt++... and stil the same speeds >=(
squall_3150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-11, 06:11   Link #2
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by squall_3150
hiii, i've been getting really slow dl speeds.... i use bt 3.3...i have adsl 512/128....and wots strange is that i get 1-5kb download average and 9-12kb upload average.....its not that the torrent files werent seeded, i tried dl'ing naruto when it just came out and i get a 2kb dl and 10kb upload...any ideas? pleaseeeee

i've used diff clients form bt 3.3 to azurus, burst,torment and bt++... and stil the same speeds >=(
please read this sticky http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=11
Old 2003-11-11, 06:13   Link #3
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

It could be a firewall problem. If you have your own firewall, make sure that the Microsoft Firewall is off. Then check the documentation for your firewall or router to make sure that ports 6881-6889 are open. Incidently Shadow's BT client has a status light to warn you if you're having a firewall problem.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-11, 09:27   Link #4
squall_3150

yeh, i'm trying shadow's BT client now...cept the light is always yellow?even after 1 hr its still yellow...and i'm NOT on a firewall...i dont use windows xp...
Old 2003-11-11, 18:44   Link #5
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
yeh, i'm trying shadow's BT client now...cept the light is always yellow?even after 1 hr its still yellow...and i'm NOT on a firewall...i dont use windows xp...
If the status light stays yellow then it is probably a problem with the ports like I suggested. You say that you aren't using a firewall and don't have Windows XP. There are still a few options.
  1. Are you using a proxy server?
  2. Do you have a router?
    (If you're on a network, then the answer is probably yes.)
  3. Are you at using a university computer?
    (They could have blocked the ports to prevent downloading.)

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-12, 01:56   Link #6
squall_3150

uhh..thank yous to those helpin me
1) ehhe i duno wots a proxy server..:S
2) uhh i use a 10/100 network hub...and i used the main computer, but i tried the comps off the network and the light is still yellow lol
3) lol nah man, this is home comp :P
Old 2003-11-12, 02:08   Link #7
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
uhh..thank yous to those helpin me
1) ehhe i duno wots a proxy server..:S
2) uhh i use a 10/100 network hub...and i used the main computer, but i tried the comps off the network and the light is still yellow lol
3) lol nah man, this is home comp :P
A proxy server is a server between a client application, such as a Web browser, and a real server. It intercepts all requests to the real server to see if it can fulfil the requests itself. If not, it forwards the request to the real server. It doesnt look like you have an proxy.

Are you sure you dont have a Router/switch and not a hub
Old 2003-11-12, 02:58   Link #8
squall_3150

sorry my bad, the box says "8 port N-way fast ethernet switch"