AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 Series Rating
Perfect 10 365 44.95%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 199 24.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 92 11.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 76 9.36%
6 out of 10 : Average 31 3.82%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 20 2.46%
4 out of 10 : Poor 9 1.11%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 0.49%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.25%
1 out of 10 : Painful 14 1.72%
Voters: 812. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-11-02, 18:58   Link #341
Shadowcatch
Romantic Sucker
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: California, Baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by clades View Post
Lol, i dont like code geass because of the blood or the action, i only like decent stuff and geass is far from decent, i like robots but they can't be stupid blocky pieces of iron that wander around.
Geass sucks for me for the same reason elfen lied and gundam suck in their "particular points", iam not saying code geass is like gundam or elfen lied but that got their flaws.
Umm, that's what robots are. Giant pieces of metal. The knightmares don't wander around, they are controlled by humans. And they are very sleek, not anything like a block of metal. AS for the blood and such, you still aren't making your point clear.
__________________
Shadowcatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 19:35   Link #342
EromCX
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
I like more cyborgs
Anyways nevermind, you dont have my brain so your tastes are different than mine, the same is true for each one's quality definition.
EromCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 19:50   Link #343
Shadowcatch
Romantic Sucker
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: California, Baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by clades View Post
I like more cyborgs
Anyways nevermind, you dont have my brain so your tastes are different than mine, the same is true for each one's quality definition.
Pish posh. We have fucking JEREMIAH! Who the hell needs a cyborg when we have him? 50% man, 50% Robot, 200% Loyalty!
__________________
Shadowcatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 08:46   Link #344
ZingFreelancer
A horrible person
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Norway / Telemark
Quote:
Originally Posted by clades View Post
I like more cyborgs
Anyways nevermind, you dont have my brain so your tastes are different than mine, the same is true for each one's quality definition.
Then go watch Star Trek
ZingFreelancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 09:50   Link #345
NyxOne
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by clades View Post
I like more cyborgs
Anyways nevermind, you dont have my brain so your tastes are different than mine, the same is true for each one's quality definition.
Uh, in every mecha show, no matter what their shape, robots ARE 'big pieces of iron'. And you like cyborgs? Then:

* Watch Borg segments of Star Trek.

* Play Metal Gear Solid.

* Or watch Cyborg 009 or possibly The Skull Man, the latter being far more violent than Geass.
NyxOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 02:36   Link #346
bran
h e a d s h o t
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bulgaria
Age: 30
Send a message via Skype™ to bran
7/10 is enough
really
__________________

Farewell...and thank you.
bran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 15:39   Link #347
DarkLordOfkichiku
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
So, after thinking through what my final feelings on Code Geass in the end should be, doing soem rewatching to verify my thoughts and the like..I've come to a conclusion. All in all I think Code Geass could've been better. But there's several downsides to it all that draws points from it's final ranking

Spoiler for Downsides rant - read at your own peril :P:


So all in all, I rate Code Geass... 7 out of 10 (and that's me being generous <_<). It was a nice ride for a long time and I can't say that the ending wasn't well-done, but Code Geass as a whole didn't reach it's full potenital (IMO), alas...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 15:45   Link #348
Shuuda
Sniped.
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: England
Send a message via MSN to Shuuda
A few things about the comments above.

Quote:
- C.C.. She wished to die but is in the end left alive? Way to go to leave the Geass-plotline and C.C.'s own character unresolved as such, I'd say <_<.
Regained faith in living.

Quote:
- The fact that they traded Waka-Awesome for the bland, I-Have-No-desires-Schneizel as the last boss... -_-.
Schneizel was never the final boss in the first place. I am getting very sick of this comment being made. Maybe you should watch again, and PAY MORE ATTENTION.

And personally, I liked Schneizel more than charles.
Shuuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 16:38   Link #349
DarkLordOfkichiku
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuuda View Post
Regained faith in living.
I've heard that, though that just feels to me like a rather cheap excuse to keep th epossiiblity of a second coming of Code Geass open... <_<.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuuda View Post
Schneizel was never the final boss in the first place. I am getting very sick of this comment being made. Maybe you should watch again, and PAY MORE ATTENTION.
how aboutt he comment about him beignt he final boss wrotten byt he staff then? . It's true that he wasn't the final hinderance/wall Lelouch had to overcome, but as far as i'm concerned, he was the last boss...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuuda View Post
And personally, I liked Schneizel more than charles.
Personal opinion, pal . Most I've meet have been far more fond of Waka-Awesome than Prince No-Desires...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 16:40   Link #350
Shuuda
Sniped.
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: England
Send a message via MSN to Shuuda
Quote:
how aboutt he comment about him beignt he final boss wrotten byt he staff then? . It's true that he wasn't the final hinderance/wall Lelouch had to overcome, but as far as i'm concerned, he was the last boss...
This is not a video game you know, so I do see why terms like "last boss" should come into this. Schneizel is an antagonist.
Shuuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 16:49   Link #351
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
the final boss was lelouch
he may have been the protagonist
but in the last arc he was also very definitively a villain protagonist (a well intentioned extremist one)
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 17:50   Link #352
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Lelouch wasn't the boss, at least from a storytelling standpoint. Schneizel was the boss. Lelouch won as soon as he went down.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 18:09   Link #353
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuuda View Post
And personally, I liked Schneizel more than charles.
*nods her head in agreement*
In fact, I rather liked Schneizel as a character.
He was calm, non-judgemental and, yes, kind-hearted, even though in a rather strange, twisted way that often made me want to slap him.
But I suppose his lov-.... right-hand-man wasn't much better, so it would be rather hypocritical of me to adore Kanon and curse Schneizel for causing Lelouch so much distress.
He loved his little brother, after all.
In an annoying, Jedi sort of way...
Nogitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 18:15   Link #354
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
but in the end shnizel ended up being pathetic in the final arc (desipte being awesome in ep 19)
he gained a small advantage in battle against lelouch (owing entirely to the fact that he had all the aces on his side, except suzaku)
and once lelouch turned the tables he just started nuke spamming
and he ended up falling to the same stupid trick that mao did (despite lelouch stating out right that mao only fell for it since he was an idiot)
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 18:22   Link #355
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 24
So Schneizel got a little over-confident towards the end.
I still like him. o.o
And I loved the look on Kanon's face when he realized (or tried to realize) that his lo-...prince had lost. xD
I wanted to hug him. Badly. xD
Nogitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 18:22   Link #356
Charred Knight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
So, after thinking through what my final feelings on Code Geass in the end should be, doing soem rewatching to verify my thoughts and the like..I've come to a conclusion. All in all I think Code Geass could've been better. But there's several downsides to it all that draws points from it's final ranking

Spoiler for Downsides rant - read at your own peril :P:


So all in all, I rate Code Geass... 7 out of 10 (and that's me being generous <_<). It was a nice ride for a long time and I can't say that the ending wasn't well-done, but Code Geass as a whole didn't reach it's full potenital (IMO), alas...
In that case Code Geass really reminds me of Naruto, you have a ton of potentionally great characters and you barely use any of them except for one guy.

Toudoh can never get the spotlight as that would take away from Lelouch or Kallen.
Xingke can only have one moment because otherwise he would take away from Lelouch or Kallen.
The Black Knights have to be protrayed as morons incapable of leading themselves because we need a final boss in Schneizel
You have a final boss, and his defeated by the exact same trick Mao fell for but it makes him look like an idiot because Mao had an obsession but Schneizel didn't.

The rest of the KoR can't get any screentime or it would take away from Suzaku.

Its this obsession that the writer has for 4 characters (Lelouch, Suzaku, Kallen, and C.C) that brings the entire series down. I just look at Gundam 00, and someone is always having their own plotline, and see how much better that series is than Code Geass.

With Code Geass it tries to be Death Note with Mecha, but the second season rarely has mecha battles (and except for the last episode most of them suck based entirely on one side kicking the crap out of the other) and the mind games pale in comparison because Lelouch has no equals (we are told he has equals but Lelouch only has two real setbacks in the series).

Code Geass saving grace is the ending where Lelouch finally dies to atone for his sins, but even that was better handled in Gurren Lagann.

As for Schneizel, imagine Near, Mello or L, falling for such an idiotic plot, His only moment of intelligence is in one episode otherwise he just uses armies, and his DOOM FORTRESS in his attempt to take over the world.

Last edited by Charred Knight; 2008-11-07 at 18:34.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 18:32   Link #357
Shuuda
Sniped.
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: England
Send a message via MSN to Shuuda
Sigh... you people are just hopeless on the whole "Final boss" thing. I will just save myself the headache from now on.
Shuuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 18:35   Link #358
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
In that case Code Geass really reminds me of Naruto, you have a ton of potentionally great characters and you barely use any of them except for one guy.
I rather liked Naruto... but after Suigetsu (whom I absolutely adore), things went down-hill. And even before it got much too long-winded.
But the latter certainly isn't true for Code Geass. Just the opposite, actually .

Quote:
Toudoh can never get the spotlight as that would take away from Lelouch or Kallen.
Xingke can only have one moment because otherwise he would take away from Lelouch or Kallen.
The Black Knights have to be protrayed as morons incapable of leading themselves because we need a final boss in Schneizel
You have a final boss, and his defeated by the exact same trick Mao fell for but it makes him look like an idiot because Mao had an obsession but Schneizel didn't.
Not enough episodes, I'd say.
But Schneizel losing the way he did didn't even feel wrong to me... he thought Lelouch would kill him, and then he'd still have won, so he got a little careless.

Quote:
Its this obsession that the writer has for 4 characters (Lelouch, Suzaku, Kallen, and C.C) that brings the entire series down. I just look at Gundam 00, and someone is always having their own plotline, and see how much better that series is than Code Geass.
Personal preferences.
I like minor character's having their own history, but with Code Geass, I'll settle for the CD- and Picture Dramas without much complaint.

Quote:
With Code Geass it tries to be Death Note with Mecha, but the second season rarely has mecha battles (and except for the last episode most of them suck based entirely on one side kicking the crap out of the other) and the mind games pale in comparison because Lelouch has no equals (we are told he has equals but Lelouch only has two real setbacks in the series).
I don't like Mechas, but I love Code Geass.
And I'll never understand why people keep comparing it to Death Note.
Sure, there are some similarities, but not that much. And I prefer Code Geass, anyway.
Lelouch is much more human than Light - therefore, Suzaku was a very fitting opponent for him.
Nogitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 18:51   Link #359
RedWing
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
I think both characters are very human. Both Light and Lelouch are given a power that corrupts them, they both use the power to their own gain but use a fake belief that what they are doing is for the greater good.
RedWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 19:02   Link #360
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWing View Post
I think both characters are very human. Both Light and Lelouch are given a power that corrupts them, they both use the power to their own gain but use a fake belief that what they are doing is for the greater good.
But they are very different.
I liked Light before he found the Death Note, but after that... well, granted, he became fascinating, but I really wouldn't want to talk to that new side of him.
Not to mention that he grew up sheltered, was about as idealistic and Suzaku and still managed to go on a killing-spree.
He killed innocents without feeling remorse and never questioned his actions. He became a total new person.
He seemed both narcissistic and sociopathic to me.
Lelouch, on the other hand, certainly didn't grow up sheltered. He didn't see the world in black and white and never claimed his own actions to be that of a perfect god.
He cared for individuals, protected those dear to him, ...ah, well.
They are a little bit similar, but not as much as people make them out to be.
Nogitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.