AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 Series Rating
Perfect 10 365 44.95%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 199 24.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 92 11.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 76 9.36%
6 out of 10 : Average 31 3.82%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 20 2.46%
4 out of 10 : Poor 9 1.11%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 0.49%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.25%
1 out of 10 : Painful 14 1.72%
Voters: 812. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-11-07, 19:02   Link #361
Charred Knight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post

Not enough episodes, I'd say.
But Schneizel losing the way he did didn't even feel wrong to me... he thought Lelouch would kill him, and then he'd still have won, so he got a little careless.

Personal preferences.
I like minor character's having their own history, but with Code Geass, I'll settle for the CD- and Picture Dramas without much complaint.

I don't like Mechas, but I love Code Geass.
And I'll never understand why people keep comparing it to Death Note.
Sure, there are some similarities, but not that much. And I prefer Code Geass, anyway.
Lelouch is much more human than Light - therefore, Suzaku was a very fitting opponent for him.
That's the problem Code Geass R2 was badly planned out, it was a 52 episode series told over half of it, but since they didn't remove any of the plotline they just speed through the whole

Plotlines that have been set up since the first episode of the first season are done away with in two episodes (Marianne, and Schneizel), instead of having an enough time to give background on the cast we instead get nothing but the same 4 characters we got last season.

Also I shouldn't have to go look for Picture Dramas, and Sound dramas that are not easily available outside of Japan to find out information on other characters.

I should be given that information by the series itself. I have no problem when Sound Dramas get me some things here and their, but it should not be used as a replacement for the anime series itself.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 19:06   Link #362
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
That's the problem Code Geass R2 was badly planned out, it was a 52 episode series told over half of it, but since they didn't remove any of the plotline they just speed through the whole

Plotlines that have been set up since the first episode of the first season are done away with in two episodes (Marianne, and Schneizel), instead of having an enough time to give background on the cast we instead get nothing but the same 4 characters we got last season.

Also I shouldn't have to go look for Picture Dramas, and Sound dramas that are not easily available outside of Japan to find out information on other characters.

I should be given that information by the series itself. I have no problem when Sound Dramas get me some things here and their, but it should not be used as a replacement for the anime series itself.

Hm... I agree with that.
But I'm still very happy with Code Geass. Ecstatic, even.
So I won't complain. It leaves much possibilities for attempting something creative, and that's at least something.
Nogitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 20:18   Link #363
DarkLordOfkichiku
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight
In that case Code Geass really reminds me of Naruto, you have a ton of potentionally great characters and you barely use any of them except for one guy.
Well, in Part 1 of Naruto, the characters were actually mostly handled well. Right now, however, it's mostly about Naruto, Sasuke or Shikamaru, with other characters getting little spotlight &story attention as such.. <_<.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight
Its this obsession that the writer has for 4 characters (Lelouch, Suzaku, Kallen, and C.C) that brings the entire series down. I just look at Gundam 00, and someone is always having their own plotline, and see how much better that series is than Code Geass.
Haven't seen Gundam 00... Though I might once the second series is more closer to the end that it is now . Anyway, yes, the problem with Code Geass is perhaps that it takes so little time to focus on other characters aside from the four main characters - maybe Kallen's capture can be said to be proof of this even, since once coudl argue that she was removed so that other characters could get the spotlight for a while <_<. Well, they managed to handle many other characters alright enough, but as I said, a large amount of the cast is still left unused, sufferign in terms of their development and/or wasted <_<.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuuda
Sigh... you people are just hopeless on the whole "Final boss" thing. I will just save myself the headache from now on
Cool down, it's just a word (though often enough an apporiate such ).
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 22:10   Link #364
Shadowcatch
Romantic Sucker
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: California, Baby!
Stop comparing CG to naruto and Death Note! GAWD your ruining CG! Does CG have 500 filler eps? No. Does CG have a horrible weak ass ending like DT? No! Does Naruto and Death Note have a character as awesome as C.C.? NUP!
__________________
Shadowcatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 03:28   Link #365
Shuuda
Sniped.
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: England
Send a message via MSN to Shuuda
Quote:
Cool down, it's just a word (though often enough an apporiate such ).
But that is one of the words that sums up the stupidity of people when talking about CG.
Shuuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 08:45   Link #366
DarkLordOfkichiku
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowcatch
Stop comparing CG to naruto and Death Note! GAWD your ruining CG! Does CG have 500 filler eps? No. Does CG have a horrible weak ass ending like DT? No! Does Naruto and Death Note have a character as awesome as C.C.? NUP!
Oh, come on, no need to get upset. The only thing that was mentioned was that CG (in our opinion) suffers from the same problem that Naruto does: poor usage of the many characters and that's about it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuuda
But that is one of the words that sums up the stupidity of people when talking about CG.
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 08:49   Link #367
Shuuda
Sniped.
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: England
Send a message via MSN to Shuuda
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post

I am sure that is the only thing you can do.
Shuuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 10:59   Link #368
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuuda View Post
Sigh... you people are just hopeless on the whole "Final boss" thing. I will just save myself the headache from now on.
Final boss may be a poor choice in wording but I believe you can extrapolate that the intended meaning was that Schneizel was the final obstacle to Lelouch's goal and that he turned out to be a rather poorly developed and motivated character at that.

In comparison, because Charles had more connection to Lelouch's initial motivation as well as a hand in what shaped Lelouch's circumstances we had more emotions playing off of each other.
__________________
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 11:29   Link #369
Shuuda
Sniped.
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: England
Send a message via MSN to Shuuda
And Nunnaly? She closer to the final antagonist than Schneizel (Do not get villain and antagonist mixed up), and has more connection to Lelouch than Charles.
Shuuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 11:36   Link #370
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
She was an obstacle he needed to overcome, in that he needed to learn to ignore her, but she was never really in the way.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 11:38   Link #371
Shuuda
Sniped.
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: England
Send a message via MSN to Shuuda
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
She was an obstacle he needed to overcome, in that he needed to learn to ignore her, but she was never really in the way.
Well, episode 24 did leave the question of whether Lelouch would Geass her or not, indicating that there was a struggle there.
Shuuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 11:41   Link #372
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuuda View Post
Well, episode 24 did leave the question of whether Lelouch would Geass her or not, indicating that there was a struggle there.
Yes, but only a personal one. Nunnaly was always the reason his previous plans were fucked up. He just learned to get over it here.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 11:43   Link #373
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
so nunnaly was the final antagonist
with kallen as her dragon
funny
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 11:48   Link #374
Shuuda
Sniped.
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: England
Send a message via MSN to Shuuda
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Yes, but only a personal one. Nunnaly was always the reason his previous plans were fucked up. He just learned to get over it here.
A personal one that could have been a problem to Lelouch's plan if he lost to it. Getting over it in episode 25 was his victory.
Shuuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 12:12   Link #375
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
he only got over it becouse he understood that she was going to do the same thing he was (using the damocles as a source of hate)
he could go on with his plan knowing that he would leave the world in her hands
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 17:02   Link #376
Schneizel
fanatical racism moe
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
Final boss may be a poor choice in wording but I believe you can extrapolate that the intended meaning was that Schneizel was the final obstacle to Lelouch's goal and that he turned out to be a rather poorly developed and motivated character at that.

In comparison, because Charles had more connection to Lelouch's initial motivation as well as a hand in what shaped Lelouch's circumstances we had more emotions playing off of each other.
Poor developed and motivated?

What the.

Schneizel was like one of the few consistent characters from start to finish. Also it's hard to say that he had "poor motivations" when he had no motivation.


Also, is this numerical rating based on entertainment or critical worth?
__________________
aka koda aka miasmacloud
schneizel.com
Schneizel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 17:11   Link #377
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 24
Hu?
Of course Schneizel had a motivation.
He was the perfect Jedi... errr... leader, after all.
Not attachments, no visible desire for personal happiness... and he'd sacrifice an individual for the sake of many every day.
He was interesting.
Nogitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 17:41   Link #378
Schneizel
fanatical racism moe
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
Hu?
Of course Schneizel had a motivation.
He was the perfect Jedi... errr... leader, after all.
Not attachments, no visible desire for personal happiness... and he'd sacrifice an individual for the sake of many every day.
He was interesting.
But he wasn't motivated to not have attachment, not want personal happiness, etc, he was just naturally like that.
__________________
aka koda aka miasmacloud
schneizel.com
Schneizel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 17:48   Link #379
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneizel View Post
But he wasn't motivated to not have attachment, not want personal happiness, etc, he was just naturally like that.
Do we know that for sure? o.o
Maybe he became like that after Lelouch and Nunally "died". Or maybe he was just intellegent enough to see the world's errors, but not emotional enough to take individuals into account.
I mean, if Schneizel is not properly motivated, then the same goes for... errr, I really don't want to bring Death Note up again, but Light was only bitter about the world because of his own brilliance.
I don't see why something similiar, less "kiraish" shouldn't work for Schneizel. He wasn't even a main character, after all.
Nogitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 18:05   Link #380
Schneizel
fanatical racism moe
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 27
Yes we know because of the past/present/future metaphor thing. The present/Schneizel = A static element. He can't go backwards like his dad, or forwards like his brother, simply because he lacks the means (the ambition/motivation/desire/etc) to want to do either. His static position is caused by, as Okouchi said on the subject, his lack of emotions, or rather his emptiness.
__________________
aka koda aka miasmacloud
schneizel.com
Schneizel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.