AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 Series Rating
Perfect 10 365 44.95%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 199 24.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 92 11.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 76 9.36%
6 out of 10 : Average 31 3.82%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 20 2.46%
4 out of 10 : Poor 9 1.11%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 0.49%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.25%
1 out of 10 : Painful 14 1.72%
Voters: 812. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-11-11, 19:38   Link #441
Liddo-kun
Come on everyone

Send a message via MSN to Liddo-kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
gillford can match toudo in his gloceter in season 1 (while toudo is either piloting a costume gekka or a burai-kai
after he gets his zangetsu he can fight xing-ke on equal grounds
gino can also fight xing-ke on equal grounds
meaning that
gino=toudo=gilford=xing-ke
and since xing-ke was less then a match for bismark then its
bismark>gino=toudo=gilford=xing-ke
the four holy blades= glaston knights (more or less)
thats piloting skill based not only on frame (as the season one gilford vs toudo show) but on skill of pilots
now notice this
suzaku fights off toudo and four other gekka's (four holy blades) in season 1 in his original lancelot (the guren is also there but isnt part of the fight once suzaku's ID is exposed)
kallen beats gillford+glaston knights+gino+anya in the guren kasoshiki (not the hax SEITEN) in season2
at that point all these machines are about on par with each other (aside from teh MP models which naturally are weaker)
later on
suzaku beats bismark+gino+2 KOR (in mook machines) + some mooks (who dont count really) in his new albion which is a hax machine (bismarks geass gives him an edge until suzaku's geass command kicks in)
kallen beats luciano (who im guessing is on par with gino)+ the valkyrie squad+ suzaku (easily, despite them being equal in skill) becouse she has the SEITEN which is also a hax machine
and finally kallen and suzaku fight to a standstill becouse their skill and machines are pretty much on the same level (the diference in the specs of the guren is balanced by suzaku's geass order)
both suzaku and kallen are simply a level above all the other pilots
so if you stick suzaku in a 9th gen machine and pit him against lesser pilots in mook machines then naturalyl they would get crashed
its basic logic
better pilot in better machine wins
That's a pretty good analogy of pilot skill level x mech ability.
Surprised that you guys are still at it though (debating).

The mech battles are just right for Code Geass in my opinion.
Liked the knightmare frame battles on the very last episode the best.

*goes back to Macross Frontier thread
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 20:08   Link #442
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
and that to me screams lazyness, I can understand if this is a setup like The Viral and Simon fights where but these bouts simply got rid of characters that where unneeded and where discarded without a thought to how it makes the Britannians look.

I just see a lot of excuses like how the Britannians where not as good as Zeon so I should give them some slack, well why aren't the Britannians as good as Zeon? Shouldn't you aim for the best at all times?

Is Gundam Seed the new bar that all mecha anime should be held too?
Just tell me whatever it is you want people to say in order to get you to stop spamming this thread and I will work on getting it done.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 11:08   Link #443
NyxOne

Zeon wasn't always the best. After Solomon, they were exhausted, weakened, and resorting to incredibly drastic measures. All of their decent pilots, by the end of the series, had been killed- Krutz, Ridden, a good amount of the Chimera Corps, and about everyone else save Char- all of their milestone-like weapons had been destroyed, such as the Big Zam, and by A Baoa Qu, they were resorting to sticking fresh-grads in Gelgoogs, which not a smart decision.

And, say it with me, Monica and Dorothea couldn't put up a fight BECAUSE THEY WERE IN SHITTY FRAMES.

Can you read that?
NyxOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 16:25   Link #444
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyxOne View Post
Zeon wasn't always the best. After Solomon, they were exhausted, weakened, and resorting to incredibly drastic measures. All of their decent pilots, by the end of the series, had been killed- Krutz, Ridden, a good amount of the Chimera Corps, and about everyone else save Char- all of their milestone-like weapons had been destroyed, such as the Big Zam, and by A Baoa Qu, they were resorting to sticking fresh-grads in Gelgoogs, which not a smart decision.

And, say it with me, Monica and Dorothea couldn't put up a fight BECAUSE THEY WERE IN SHITTY FRAMES.

Can you read that?
Of course they lost Zeon was the villain, the difference is that Zeon was always able to put up a fight, Britannia routinely got their asses handed to them except for Suzaku, Bismarck, and the Glaston Knight.

and say it with me, GIVING MONICA AND DOROTHEA SHITTY FRAMES WAS A DECISION MADE BY TANIGUCHI AND OKOUCHI CAUSED BY LAZYNESS

They didn't want to write another fight scene, they didn't want to make anymore mechas, so they gave them shitty frames, and killed them in seconds all while saying how awesome they where, and how awesome the fight scene would be if they had their frames.

There is never an excuse for poor planning and lazyness, frequently I kept seeing Okouchi and Taniguchi half assing it, either expecting the audience to fill in the blanks or expecting us not to care.

The UFN? An awesome idea never brought to fruition because they never bothered adding any new mechs or characters, so instead of the awesome coalition of Eastern Hemisphere vs. Britannia we are given Asians vs Whites in a race war.

Schneizel vs Lelouch? Once again a chance for an awesome battle, ruined by Okouchi and Taniguchi recycling the Mao trick, and expecting us to believe that Lelouch is so smart that he can predict what Schneizel is going to say. It worked on Mao because Mao was an insane person obsessed with C.C, it worked with Schneizel because apparently Schneizel's a moron. How Lazy can the writer get?

Make all the excuses you want but I sure as hell am not going to act like an anime in which the staff gave it a half ass effort was as good as Gurren Lagann. At the end of the day Taniguchi, and Okouchi had the oppurtunity to make one of the finest anime of all times, but either through getting a schedule change, poor planning, and just plain being lazy they made a mediocre anime.

Can you read that?
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 16:34   Link #445
NyxOne

I read it, and it screams "BIAS". Sorry, doesn't work.
Old 2008-11-12, 16:41   Link #446
Charred Knight

Quote:
I read it, and it screams "BIAS". Sorry, doesn't work.
Nice defense

You could be president of the United States with that debate skills. Don't even bother setting up a straw man just claim that everyone's bias.

Bias against what I don't understand
Old 2008-11-12, 16:41   Link #447
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
actually im with him on the shnizel thing
and i did think the albions first fight was a wallbanger
but then again i view the entire last 4 eps as very poorly written so not much of a shock there
many of the fights in the show were pretty sweet and the best one was in ep 25
but much of the last arc was very poor IMO
Old 2008-11-12, 16:44   Link #448
NyxOne

Because against logical arguments you always say the same fucking thing, that's what the goddamn bias is.

"DUR HUR IT WAS SHIT WRITING AND LAZINESS DUR HUR."

Over-proportionizing "awesome" ideas (which the UFN never was), failure to understand that the Rounds were, with the exception of the main ones, meant to die, and failure to understand that Lelouch knew how Schneizel was going to act because he grew up with him, and having an innate ability to understand quite a lot of people, is failure.
Old 2008-11-12, 16:48   Link #449
Shuuda
Sniped.

Send a message via MSN to Shuuda
@NyxOne: Do not take this the wrong way (since I am tending to side with you in this arguement) But you cannot use "bias" as an argument against someone, since everyone is bias in favour of their argument.
Shuuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 16:51   Link #450
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
mao only had a very short talk with him (only tells him where he is, and then starts monologing aobut C.Cs name
and he basiclly did the same with kallen in ep 3 (only in her case it was just a recording without expecting what she'd say)
he "talked" to shnizel for a few minutes (predicting every line he would say despite making fairly ambiguas statments of his own)
thats streching it beyond the point where its belivable
Old 2008-11-12, 16:56   Link #451
Charred Knight

Quote:
Because against logical arguments you always say the same fucking thing, that's what the goddamn bias is.

"DUR HUR IT WAS SHIT WRITING AND LAZINESS DUR HUR."

Over-proportionizing "awesome" ideas (which the UFN never was), failure to understand that the Rounds were, with the exception of the main ones, meant to die, and failure to understand that Lelouch knew how Schneizel was going to act because he grew up with him, and having an innate ability to understand quite a lot of people, is failure.
That's not bias that's an opinion, just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I am wrong.

A huge battle between the Eastern Hemisphere, and Western Hemishphere wouldn't be awesome? The USA, Russia, and Britain defeated Germany, Italy, and Japan and not of the allies will ever shut up about it. Just imagine Kallen fighting alongside the best French and Germany have to offer.

I know that the Rounds where just cannon fodder, I have stated that's bad writing. A much better handle of the situation is Tomino, and the rest of the U.C Gundam.

Lelouch left Schneizel when he was what 10? Are you seriously trying to tell me that if you spent the first 10 years of your life with a person, left them for 8 and then remet them than you would be able to know exactly what the hell they where going to say? Hell Schneizel wasn't even the same person he was the year before. The death of Euphemia changed him as much as it changed Suzaku.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuuda View Post
@NyxOne: Do not take this the wrong way (since I am tending to side with you in this arguement) But you cannot use "bias" as an argument against someone, since everyone is bias in favour of their argument.
Thank you, someone with some manners finally enters the arguement. Since NyxOne can't actually win the arguement (but then Neither can I) he just starts claiming that I am wrong to try to make it look like his winning. I may be rude, but I try to at least accept other people's opinions even if I don't agree with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
mao only had a very short talk with him (only tells him where he is, and then starts monologing aobut C.Cs name
and he basiclly did the same with kallen in ep 3 (only in her case it was just a recording without expecting what she'd say)
he "talked" to shnizel for a few minutes (predicting every line he would say despite making fairly ambiguas statments of his own)
thats streching it beyond the point where its belivable
That's why I was so pissed off, the idea that someone intelligent could be so predictable just shattered my suspension of disbelief.
Old 2008-11-12, 17:00   Link #452
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

*sneaks into the discussion*

Quote:
death of Euphemia changed him as much as it changed Suzaku.
Is that official?
Just curious. o.o
Nogitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 17:09   Link #453
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
*sneaks into the discussion*

Is that official?
Just curious. o.o
No, that's my opinion

Just look at the way he acted when Euphemia died, that to me is a man who agreed with Euphemia, even if it was to undermine the Black Knights, that's a complete change in method from the Season 2 where he just tried to nuke everything.

Schneizel appears to be close to both Euphemia, and Cornelia, so a change of personality would probably happen. it would also fit with the reoccurence of corruption that happened with Clovis, Charles, and Suzaku.
Old 2008-11-12, 17:17   Link #454
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
No, that's my opinion

Just look at the way he acted when Euphemia died, that to me is a man who agreed with Euphemia, even if it was to undermine the Black Knights, that's a complete change in method from the Season 2 where he just tried to nuke everything.
Hm... maybe.
I think Schneizel truly cared about his siblings, but he always kept his emotions at bay, so it's really hard to say.

Quote:
Schneizel appears to be close to both Euphemia, and Cornelia, so a change of personality would probably happen.
He also seemed to care about Lelouch and Clovis, so I guess he had to snap sooner or later, mask of indifference or not.
But I wouldn't say it was Euphie's death alone that changed him. If anything, it seems more like the trigger to me.
Or maybe the trigger was finding out just who killed Clovis and Euphie?
Ah, I wish we knew.
Nogitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 17:31   Link #455
NyxOne

Okay, I apologize. But I just feel you're seeing the picture in a sort of odd way, Charred. Each to one's own, though.

But...really. Kallen fighting with the EU? The nation was defeated utterly by episode 11-14. Any hope of that died within weeks of the show being aired.
Old 2008-11-12, 17:51   Link #456
Charred Knight

Quote:
Okay, I apologize. But I just feel you're seeing the picture in a sort of odd way, Charred. Each to one's own, though.

But...really. Kallen fighting with the EU? The nation was defeated utterly by episode 4. Any hope of that died within four weeks of the show being aired.
That to me kind of seems lazy. Its an attempt to give the feeling that this is some epic world with the least amount of work necessary. "Their is an EU, they have mecha, but they where defeated."

Compare that to Gundam 00 where every group has a representitive, they each have mecha, and the amount of thought put into is obviously higher.
Old 2008-11-12, 17:55   Link #457
NyxOne

The E.U. were only shown to have fourthies that were totally dominated by the Lancelot.

And as for France, that was demolished so badly that the Brits could just waltz in and conquer it. Nina said it herself, but Schneizel opted for a treaty. All that was left of the EU was the United Kingdom, Germany, Norway, Sweden, Finland, the Ukraine, and parts of Italy and Holland according to one episode, and an area of the Congo. They couldn't even hope to face Britannia with that pathetic amount of land under their possession.
Old 2008-11-12, 18:22   Link #458
Charred Knight

Quote:
The E.U. were only shown to have fourthies that were totally dominated by the Lancelot.

And as for France, that was demolished so badly that the Brits could just waltz in and conquer it. Nina said it herself, but Schneizel opted for a treaty. All that was left of the EU was the United Kingdom, Germany, Norway, Sweden, Finland, the Ukraine, and parts of Italy and Holland according to one episode, and an area of the Congo. They couldn't even hope to face Britannia with that pathetic amount of land under their possession.
So your saying that Japan using only a small island can hold their own but the Europeans with their much larger land possession can't? Like I said, the whole thing was written to make sense with the least amount of work necessary.

Way to many times did I imagine a massive battle or interesting plot twist only to be met with dissapointment by lazy writing, and unimaginative battles.

Marianne's alive? The person who killed her is dead, and she dies the same episode with some plot screw thing about Lelouch geassing God, and how she was secretly evil.

The black Knight's defect? They become Schneizel's dog, and the incredible genius Xingke is nothing more than a pilot.

The UFN vs. Britannia? The only two countries to send out mechas where Japan and China. Sure it made some sense, but it was clearly lazy.

Schneizel, and the black knights vs. Lelouch and Britannia? The Black Knights vs. Britannia battle was great but the Schneizel vs. Lelouch battle sucked, it was a god damn curb stomp battle. Lelouch countered Schneizel's every move, and only the Black Knights did any good. Lelouch made Schneizel look like a moron.
Old 2008-11-12, 22:51   Link #459
Schneizel
fanatical racism moe
*Fansubber

Why do people think that Euphy's death left an impact on Schneizel. I don't understand this at all.
Old 2008-11-12, 23:47   Link #460
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneizel View Post
Why do people think that Euphy's death left an impact on Schneizel. I don't understand this at all.
My opinion on that is that we did not know much about Schneizel prior to that incident to really make that call. They did not really go into Schneizel's character and we did not really learn how he was prior to that incident.