AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 Series Rating
Perfect 10 365 44.95%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 199 24.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 92 11.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 76 9.36%
6 out of 10 : Average 31 3.82%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 20 2.46%
4 out of 10 : Poor 9 1.11%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 0.49%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.25%
1 out of 10 : Painful 14 1.72%
Voters: 812. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-11-14, 03:32   Link #481
Charred Knight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneizel View Post
Oh, so you thought he "wore" a mask? So why do you think he was wearing a mask? His line at the end of R2 23 was irony because Lelouch ends up winning by wearing the mask of continuously being a dick, and Schneizel = loser because he never bothered really with mask to such an extent. There's a reason why Charles had to come before Schneizel in Lelouch's list of accomplishments, you know.

Edit: Also, if you thought he was a moron in R2, then what do you think of his plan to let Zero have Gawain, thinking he could just take it back so easily later from S1? I think that's a bit stupid.
If Schneizel didn't wear a mask than he was a good person turned evil, someone who supported the SAZ to end the rebellion in Japan is a far cry to a guy who is willing to blow up the world to achieve peace using a Doom Fortress.

His personality changed, I just pinpoint it (knowing Schneizel's love of his siblings) on Euphemia's death.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 03:33   Link #482
Schneizel
fanatical racism moe
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 27
So you think that wrong/right really mean something to him?
__________________
aka koda aka miasmacloud
schneizel.com
Schneizel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 03:33   Link #483
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
He was far sneakier, and less confrontational in Season 1, he was also less cold, while that could be a mask, the fact that he was close to his family was not.

The use of nukes seemed not to be his style compare his plans to sap the Black Knights strength using the SAZ to using a giant doom fortress.

Also the first season version of Schneizel didn't seem to be so stupid that he would talk to a video.
Considering how little we see of him and the incredible lengths you are going to ignore any kind of context, your argument does not hold up very well. I'll explain in detail.

In the first season, Schneizel's very first act is to get Suzaku to hold Zero in place so he can play "death from above" with the unfinished Gawain. This tells you a lot for his first appearance. This is a man fond of ending conflicts quickly, and willing to sacrifice others to do it.

Now the SAZ which Euphie comes up. This is a freaking gold mine as far as disrupting terrorists goes, and Schneizel uses it for that purpose and that purpose alone. It was a tool to quell the rebellious elements and make peace. Only Euphie thought anything more of it. Weapons weren't going to work against the Black Knights, so this would have to do.

Then the second season comes along. Yet more force against the EU, and Schneizel, even though he makes treaties, also shows these people that they have no hope of winning. This wouldn't have worked against the Chinese, particularly with the Black Knights there, so he went the political route. Then faced with open rebellion he abandoned it. Orders are the only thing that sent him back, and he did it in a relatively peaceful manner because the fighting would not go well.

When he gets nukes, Schneizel goes all out, and this was his plan for a while now. Nina gave Schneizel the means to enforce peace worldwide with a weapon of such terrible destructive power that no one would dare oppose him, and he was going to kill millions to prove it.

The point of all that is that Schneizel uses what he has available to make peace, and isn't concerned with the body count as long as he wins.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 03:36   Link #484
Schneizel
fanatical racism moe
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 27
morbo that's pretty "duh" but don't expect charred to get it right away, he seems to think about things in terms of bad/good so we have a long way to go here.
__________________
aka koda aka miasmacloud
schneizel.com
Schneizel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 03:37   Link #485
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneizel View Post
morbo that's pretty "duh" but don't expect charred to get it right away, he seems to think about things in terms of bad/good so we have a long way to go here.
Oh, I know too well. This is the same guy calling the KoR bad pilots because they were so grossly outmatched.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 03:54   Link #486
Charred Knight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Considering how little we see of him and the incredible lengths you are going to ignore any kind of context, your argument does not hold up very well. I'll explain in detail.

In the first season, Schneizel's very first act is to get Suzaku to hold Zero in place so he can play "death from above" with the unfinished Gawain. This tells you a lot for his first appearance. This is a man fond of ending conflicts quickly, and willing to sacrifice others to do it.

Now the SAZ which Euphie comes up. This is a freaking gold mine as far as disrupting terrorists goes, and Schneizel uses it for that purpose and that purpose alone. It was a tool to quell the rebellious elements and make peace. Only Euphie thought anything more of it. Weapons weren't going to work against the Black Knights, so this would have to do.

Then the second season comes along. Yet more force against the EU, and Schneizel, even though he makes treaties, also shows these people that they have no hope of winning. This wouldn't have worked against the Chinese, particularly with the Black Knights there, so he went the political route. Then faced with open rebellion he abandoned it. Orders are the only thing that sent him back, and he did it in a relatively peaceful manner because the fighting would not go well.

When he gets nukes, Schneizel goes all out, and this was his plan for a while now. Nina gave Schneizel the means to enforce peace worldwide with a weapon of such terrible destructive power that no one would dare oppose him, and he was going to kill millions to prove it.

The point of all that is that Schneizel uses what he has available to make peace, and isn't concerned with the body count as long as he wins.
Weapons won't work on the Black Knights?

They sure as hell worked on them during the Black Knights rebellion. Most of the group was captured, and if the immediate execution of the whole lot of them had been done, the movement would have failed. What is Kallen and Zero going to do when most of the group is dead?

If Schneizel wanted to end the Black Knights at all cost all he had to do was send 4 of the KoR (Luciano, Anya, Gino and one of the others), and the Glaston Knights,and crush the Black Knights, you think Todoh, the 4 swords, and, Kallen could have stood up to those odds? Even if the KoR's personal units where not built than they should have still won.

The Glaston Knights could take on the Black Knights (except the Gawain) by themselves, add 4 KoR and they are finished. Schneizel only used a small portion of Britannia's army and only one group of elite units (and only in the final episode at that).

If Schneizel wanted to end the Japanese Rebellion, than he sends all the Britannian military he can, and ends it with a massive war that crushes the Black Knights. The Japanese rebellion was far more important than crushing the EU, rebellion's always come before conquering other nations, its common sense.

Japan isn't like Afghanistan, they can't flee to the mountains, or to another country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Oh, I know too well. This is the same guy calling the KoR bad pilots because they were so grossly outmatched.
I don't understand how you can call two pilots that died in seconds anything other than complete shit. Tamaki was shown to be more competent and he was comic relief.

Last edited by Charred Knight; 2008-11-14 at 04:05.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 04:04   Link #487
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Weapons won't work on the Black Knights?

They sure as hell worked on them during the Black Knights rebellion. Most of the group was captured, and if the immediate execution of the whole lot of them had been done, the movement would have failed. What is Kallen and Zero going to do when most of the group is dead?

If Schneizel wanted to end the Black Knights at all cost all he had to do was send 4 of the KoR, and the Glaston Knights,and crush the Black Knights, you think Todoh, the 4 swords, and, Kallen could have stood up to those odds?

The Glaston Knights could take on the Black Knights (except the Gawain) by themselves, add 4 KoR and they are finished. Schneizel only used a small portion of Britannia's army and only one group of elite units (and only in the final episode at that).

If Schneizel wanted to end the Japanese Rebellion, than he sends all the Britannian military he can, and ends it with a massive war that crushes the Black Knights.
Sigh, yet again ignoring any sort of context. Please pay attention.

In the first season, the Black Knights are terrorists. This means that they only pop up when they plan to do something, and the rest of the time remain hidden in the woodwork, damn near impossible for anyone to find. Hell, if we go by episode 18, half they time they probably aren't even in Japanese waters, making them even harder to find.

During the rebellion, which the Black Knights started, and weren't exactly in a position to just quit from, force worked because they were out in the open to be shot at. Even then, a small portion still escaped, even though many were captured. Even if they killed off the ones that got captured, people can be replaced, and they were, in far greater numbers. Granted they lose some decent pilots, but that can be adjusted for in strategies.

Your KoR scenario fails for a number of reasons, chief among them that those awesome frames they have either didn't exist or just weren't as cool. Lancelot was the first seventh generation frame, and its tech wouldn't have spread out until later. Next the fact that Schneizel has no authority over them, so it fails twice over. The Glaston Knights were only winning because they were bunkered in and helped by the super death fortress that is the government complex while missile spamming the Black Knights who were fighting an uphill battle. This is also the only advantage the KoR would have.

In short, your whole idea that might somehow would have beaten the Black Knights hinges on the singular fact that they would be stupid enough to engage a superior enemy without some form of advantage, which they wouldn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
I don't understand how you can call two pilots that died in seconds anything other than complete shit. Tamaki was shown to be more competent and he was comic relief.
And I don't understand how you can so egregiously ignore context and think that any pilot, no matter how good, should be able to stand a snowball's chance in hell against a god frame in crap mechs. You're ignoring blatant advantages and disadvantages to fault the pilots.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 04:12   Link #488
Charred Knight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Sigh, yet again ignoring any sort of context. Please pay attention.

In the first season, the Black Knights are terrorists. This means that they only pop up when they plan to do something, and the rest of the time remain hidden in the woodwork, damn near impossible for anyone to find. Hell, if we go by episode 18, half they time they probably aren't even in Japanese waters, making them even harder to find.

During the rebellion, which the Black Knights started, and weren't exactly in a position to just quit from, force worked because they were out in the open to be shot at. Even then, a small portion still escaped, even though many were captured. Even if they killed off the ones that got captured, people can be replaced, and they were, in far greater numbers. Granted they lose some decent pilots, but that can be adjusted for in strategies.

Your KoR scenario fails for a number of reasons, chief among them that those awesome frames they have either didn't exist or just weren't as cool. Lancelot was the first seventh generation frame, and its tech wouldn't have spread out until later. Next the fact that Schneizel has no authority over them, so it fails twice over. The fact that the Glaston Knights were only winning because they were bunkers behind the super death fortress that is the government complex missile spamming the Black Knights who were fighting an uphill battle. This is the only advantage the KoR would have.

In short, your whole idea that might somehow would have beaten the Black Knights hinges on the singular fact that they would be stupid enough to engage a superior enemy without some form of advantage, which they wouldn't.
The complete destuction of the Tokyo Ghetto will give you the confrontation you need. Get on TV and announce that due to the rebellion every single person in the Tokyo ghetto will be put into camps. The Black Knights would either be taken in the sweeps or would confront you in an attempt to save their family. Its a rebellion, Schneizel hardly used the forces he could use from himself or the rest of his family, you think Cornelia wouldn't accept his advice? The only person who would be against it is Euphemia. Charles doesn't even need the Japanese, I have no idea why Charles didn't ethnically cleanse the whole nation of them when he had the chance.

Also it would be hard for Zero to replace nearly his entire army, because it would take time for pilots to be trained, and Todoh would have been one of the executed so he couldn't use Todoh for recruitment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post

And I don't understand how you can so egregiously ignore context and think that any pilot, no matter how good, should be able to stand a snowball's chance in hell against a god frame in crap mechs. You're ignoring blatant advantages and disadvantages to fault the pilots.
So you want me to pretend that Monica and Dorothea where protrayed as competent?

I am sorry I am not going to pretend for the director's sake.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 04:22   Link #489
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
The complete destuction of the Tokyo Ghetto will give you the confrontation you need. Get on TV and announce that due to the rebellion every single person in the Tokyo ghetto will be put into camps. The Black Knights would either be taken in the sweeps or would confront you in an attempt to save their family. Its a rebellion, Schneizel hardly used the forces he could use from himself or the rest of his family, you think Cornelia wouldn't accept his advice? The only person who would be against it is Euphemia. Charles doesn't even need the Japanese, I have no idea why Charles didn't ethnically cleanse the whole nation of them when he had the chance.

Also it would be hard for Zero to replace nearly his entire army, because it would take time for pilots to be trained, and Todoh would have been one of the executed so he couldn't use Todoh for recruitment.
Killing an entire country full of cheap labor is not a smart idea. Charles also wasn't bloodthirsty. These people needed to be taught why they were inferior. The dead learn nothing.

Now for the ghetto cleansing. One, Tokyo is largely covered by the settlement, not a ghetto. You can pick a different ghetto if you like, it doesn't matter. Two, if you think Lelouch would buy such an obvious ploy, you must be smoking something. Three, there's a whole country out there for them to hide in, not just Tokyo. In fact, they weren't anywhere near Tokyo when they rebelled the first time. Taking out one ghetto would not succeed in capturing more than a few dummy cells, as other Britannian raids did in episode 15 (I think, around that). Even if Lelouch attacked, he'd do it in a smart way, not the "oh let's run out for the glory of our Japanese brethren and get slaughtered" method.

As for replacing his entire army, he gained a measly 250 soldiers from that rescue attempt. Hardly an army in any sense of the word. Tohdoh and the Swords were the only game breakers in that pack. Training Knightmare pilots evidently isn't difficult. Suzaku did a simulator run and that was enough to learn to pilot. Kallen didn't even have that luxury and she can do what he does without the aid of a Charles Atlas Superpower (since you're find of the tropes). Knightmare piloting is clearly a fairly intuitive thing. Not having Tohdoh to recruit (which makes no sense by the way, his presence is never said to be a factor) is at best an inconvenience.

You don't even seem to be trying here. Your scenarios assume these people to be idiots for no apparent reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
So you want me to pretend that Monica and Dorothea where protrayed as competent?

I am sorry I am not going to pretend for the director's sake.
Getting their asses kicked by an unexpected and vastly superior foe does not make them incompetent, any more than the Geass Cult is incompetent for getting blown up by Lelouch's brutal surprise attack. Some people are just better prepared. That's how battle works.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 04:25   Link #490
Schneizel
fanatical racism moe
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 27
So is this an "if" game now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
:words:
If Schneizel really gave a shit, why not just take off straight from Cambodia, go into orbit, and fuck with everyone? The characters even say that at certain elevation, KMF's would quit malfunctioning, plus the blaze luminous around it made it impenetrable except when firing FLEIA which wouldn't have been an issue due to the elevation thing, so no one would be able to catch up with him.
__________________
aka koda aka miasmacloud
schneizel.com
Schneizel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 04:30   Link #491
Charred Knight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
One, Tokyo is largely covered by the settlement, not a ghetto. You can pick a different ghetto if you like, it doesn't matter. Two, if you think Lelouch would buy such an obvious ploy, you must be smoking something. Three, there's a whole country out there for them to hide in, not just Tokyo. In fact, they weren't anywhere near Tokyo when they rebelled the first time. Taking out one ghetto would not succeed in capturing more than a few dummy cells, as other Britannian raids did in episode 15 (I think, around that). Even if Lelouch attacked, he'd do it in a smart way, not the "oh let's run out for the glory of our Japanese brethren and get slaughtered" method.

As for replacing his entire army, he gained a measly 250 soldiers from that rescue attempt. Hardly an army in any sense of the word. Tohdoh and the Swords were the only game breakers in that pack. Training Knightmare pilots evidently isn't difficult. Suzaku did a simulator run and that was enough to learn to pilot. Kallen didn't even have that luxury and she can do what he does without the aid of a Charles Atlas Superpower (since you're find of the tropes). Knightmare piloting is clearly a fairly intuitive thing. Not having Tohdoh to recruit (which makes no sense by the way, his presence is never said to be a factor) is at best an inconvenience.

You don't even seem to be trying here. Your scenarios assume these people to be idiots for no apparent reason.

Getting their asses kicked by an unexpected and vastly superior foe does not make them incompetent, any more than the Geass Cult is incompetent for getting blown up by Lelouch's brutal surprise attack. Some people are just better prepared. That's how battle works.
Lelouch might not, but the Black Knights themselves would have done something, I would hardly think that the Black Knights would allow Zero to just let innocent Japanese die.

Even if that didn't work, he could have at least put forth the idea of ethnically cleansing the place, and giving themselves control of the Sakuradite mines. What's Kyoto going to do? Throw money at them?

The Geass Cult was incompetent for not putting forth better defenses. One traitor and the whole place gets massacred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneizel View Post
So is this an "if" game now?


If Schneizel really gave a shit, why not just take off straight from Cambodia, go into orbit, and fuck with everyone? The characters even say that at certain elevation, KMF's would quit malfunctioning, plus the blaze luminous around it made it impenetrable except when firing FLEIA which wouldn't have been an issue due to the elevation thing, so no one would be able to catch up with him.
So your proving that Schneizel's an idiot? What's the point?

Schneizel's plan to kill millions starting in the second season doesn't match his lack of ruthlessness in the first season.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 04:35   Link #492
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Lelouch might not, but the Black Knights themselves would have done something, I would hardly think that the Black Knights would allow Zero to just let innocent Japanese die.

Even if that didn't work, he could have at least put forth the idea of ethnically cleansing the place, and giving themselves control of the Sakuradite mines. What's Kyoto going to do? Throw money at them?

The Geass Cult was incompetent for not putting forth better defenses. One traitor and the whole place gets massacred.
You assume they were willing to act on their own at that point. They weren't. Hell, they were damned terrified to fight the Britannian army in episode 11. Zero makes these people bold, and without him they know they don't stand a chance. Such an overwhelming amount of force would keep them from attacking.

As I mentioned above, ethnic cleansing kills potential labor, and do you honestly have any idea how much effort they would have to expend to cleanse an entire nation with conventional weapons. It would take forever.

The Geass Cult couldn't put forth better defenses because that would give them away. They relied on secrecy and it bit them because Lelouch used it against them. They got beaten by a better-informed foe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Schneizel's plan to kill millions starting in the second season doesn't match his lack of ruthlessness in the first season.
Did I not just point out how he was willing to sacrifice Suzaku without a thought in his first appearance? Hell he does it again in episode 20 by sending Suzaku in against the entire invading army just to make a hole in the enemy's defenses. The man is ruthless in both seasons.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 04:35   Link #493
Schneizel
fanatical racism moe
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
So your proving that Schneizel's an idiot? What's the point?

Schneizel's plan to kill millions starting in the second season doesn't match his lack of ruthlessness in the first season.
Note the use of "if he really gave a shit" as opposed to "if he wasn't such an idiot."

(In any case, he pretty much says why he doesn't just do stuff like that buuut.)
__________________
aka koda aka miasmacloud
schneizel.com
Schneizel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 04:44   Link #494
Charred Knight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
You assume they were willing to act on their own at that point. They weren't. Hell, they were damned terrified to fight the Britannian army in episode 11. Zero makes these people bold, and without him they know they don't stand a chance. Such an overwhelming amount of force would keep them from attacking.

As I mentioned above, ethnic cleansing kills potential labor, and do you honestly have any idea how much effort they would have to expend to cleanse an entire nation with conventional weapons. It would take forever.

The Geass Cult couldn't put forth better defenses because that would give them away. They relied on secrecy and it bit them because Lelouch used it against them. They got beaten by a better-informed foe.

Did I not just point out how he was willing to sacrifice Suzaku without a thought in his first appearance? Hell he does it again in episode 20 by sending Suzaku in against the entire invading army just to make a hole in the enemy's defenses. The man is ruthless in both seasons.
Then use the Japanese as slave labor. Do something to either force a fight, or get belief in Zero destroyed. Schneizel did neither, so his extreme plan in season 2 comes out of nowhere.

I would hardly call sacrificing a single man to be similar to bombing the planet. A lot of battles sent the front line on suicide missions so that the rest of the battle can suceed, I would hardly expect those same people to go around killing millions of people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneizel View Post
Note the use of "if he really gave a shit" as opposed to "if he wasn't such an idiot."

(In any case, he pretty much says why he doesn't just do stuff like that buuut.)

So your suggesting that Schneizel is so lazy that he doesn't even give a shit if he wins or loses? I am going more for the idiot route.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 04:47   Link #495
Schneizel
fanatical racism moe
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 27
Well when you consider his environment, he has little reason to really care about... anything, really.
__________________
aka koda aka miasmacloud
schneizel.com
Schneizel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 04:49   Link #496
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Then use the Japanese as slave labor. Do something to either force a fight, or get belief in Zero destroyed. Schneizel did neither, so his extreme plan in season 2 comes out of nowhere.

I would hardly call sacrificing a single man the equal to bombing the planet.
Schneizel isn't the one running the country, Cornelia is, and she tried that in episode 7. It didn't really work. Schneizel only approved the SAZ as a person in a higher position of government. And I'll say it clearly, since you insist on ignoring context, nukes did not exist in season 1. His extreme plan came from the creation of an extreme weapon which didn't exist before.

Sacrificing one man may not be equal, but when it's unnecessary it's still an indicator of how little he values human life. Send in the pawns, then attack when they die.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 04:50   Link #497
Charred Knight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneizel View Post
Well when you consider his environment, he has little reason to really care about... anything, really.
What the hell series where you watching?

He made sure Cornelia lived, he was horrified by Euphemia's death, and he hated Japan because he thought Lelouch died there.

He wasn't some robot that just occasionally nuked the planet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Schneizel isn't the one running the country, Cornelia is, and she tried that in episode 7. It didn't really work. Schneizel only approved the SAZ as a person in a higher position of government. And I'll say it clearly, since you insist on ignoring context, nukes did not exist in season 1. His extreme plan came from the creation of an extreme weapon which didn't exist before.

Sacrificing one man may not be equal, but when it's unnecessary it's still an indicator of how little he values human life. Send in the pawns, then attack when they die.
The nazi killed 8 million people without nukes, and they where selective. Imagine how many Britannia would kill or enslave if they just rounded up the Japanese, but he never pushed for it. Not once, its not like Cornelia thought highly of the Japanese she was as racist as the rest of the Britannians.

Also once again that happens in war all the time, its not a value of life, its sacrificing for your country. If Schneizel killed Zero with the ship than Suzaku would be hailed a hero who sacrificed himself for the good of Britannia.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 04:59   Link #498
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
The nazi killed 8 million people without nukes, and they where selective. Imagine how many Britannia would kill or enslave if they just rounded up the Japanese, but he never pushed for it. Not once

Also once again that happens in war all the time, its not a value of life, its sacrificing for your country. If Schneizel killed Zero with the ship than Suzaku would be hailed a hero who sacrificed himself for the good of Britannia.
The Nazis took years to kill those eight million. An entire nation would take much longer, especially one with an infrastructure such as Japan had. There's all sorts of underground areas to hide in. It would take decades to kill every last Japanese person, and the retaliation would be pretty damn aggressive to the very end.

Again, they had no reason to go for ethnic cleansing. They are trying to educate these people, not exterminate them. If you insist on pushing for ethnic cleansing, provide a better excuse than getting the terrorists to show themselves.

Suzaku sacrificing himself as he did wasn't necessary in the slightest, regardless of how they'd spin it. Plus, your claim that it happens all the time doesn't matter when Schneizel quite clearly says that he's willing to sacrifice people just to get the advantage, rather than needing to.

Seriously, stop trying to make out ethnic cleansing as a viable option for Schneizel at the time, because it is in no way, shape, or form considered acceptable. Wiping out a terrorist haven, sure, but an entire country is out of bounds. Colonies still have taxes to pay, their people still make good labor, etc. There's simply no way he could jump out and say "I'm gonna wipe out everyone in this country" as the Prime Minister of Britannia.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 05:02   Link #499
Schneizel
fanatical racism moe
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
What the hell series where you watching?

He made sure Cornelia lived, he was horrified by Euphemia's death, and he hated Japan because he thought Lelouch died there.

He wasn't some robot that just occasionally nuked the planet.
What the hell series where you watching?

He was horrified by what Euphy was doing because it was out of his control, as Lloyd said even if he had known Euphy was down on Shikine Island he still would've ordered a missile strike because killing Zero took priority, he had no qualms about the idea of killing Lelouch and Nunnally because world peace took priority.

...and "world peace" wasn't all that much of a priority either since he didn't just go into orbit after lifting off from Cambodia.
__________________
aka koda aka miasmacloud
schneizel.com
Schneizel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 05:11   Link #500
Charred Knight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
The Nazis took years to kill those eight million. An entire nation would take much longer, especially one with an infrastructure such as Japan had. There's all sorts of underground areas to hide in. It would take decades to kill every last Japanese person, and the retaliation would be pretty damn aggressive to the very end.

Again, they had no reason to go for ethnic cleansing. They are trying to educate these people, not exterminate them. If you insist on pushing for ethnic cleansing, provide a better excuse than getting the terrorists to show themselves.

Suzaku sacrificing himself as he did wasn't necessary in the slightest, regardless of how they'd spin it. Plus, your claim that it happens all the time doesn't matter when Schneizel quite clearly says that he's willing to sacrifice people just to get the advantage, rather than needing to.

Seriously, stop trying to make out ethnic cleansing as a viable option for Schneizel at the time, because it is in no way, shape, or form considered acceptable. Wiping out a terrorist haven, sure, but an entire country is out of bounds. Colonies still have taxes to pay, their people still make good labor, etc. There's simply no way he could jump out and say "I'm gonna wipe out everyone in this country" as the Prime Minister of Britannia.
The money you take from them is worth far more than taxes. Just imagine how much money Britannia would get from the Sakuradite mines, worked by Japanese slaves. Or how cheaper automobiles would be with Japanese slaves instead of having to pay them.

Its not like Britannia was presented as anything other than a ruthless state where the Britannian ruled over the weak Japanese. If Charles doesn't bother with postive press, I don't see why Schneizel would. If Taniguchi, and Okouchi didn't want me to think a personality change happened, they should have set it up earlier that, Schneizel was a madman willing to do anything no matter the cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneizel View Post
What the hell series where you watching?

He was horrified by what Euphy was doing because it was out of his control, as Lloyd said even if he had known Euphy was down on Shikine Island he still would've ordered a missile strike because killing Zero took priority, he had no qualms about the idea of killing Lelouch and Nunnally because world peace took priority.

...and "world peace" wasn't all that much of a priority either since he didn't just go into orbit after lifting off from Cambodia.
For a guy who is willing to kill millions/billions a situation being out of control horrifies him? Once again theirs a difference between a precision strike, and killing millions/billions by pretty much blowing up the planet.

As for point 2 just says Schneizel's an idiot
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.