AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 Series Rating
Perfect 10 365 44.95%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 199 24.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 92 11.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 76 9.36%
6 out of 10 : Average 31 3.82%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 20 2.46%
4 out of 10 : Poor 9 1.11%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 0.49%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.25%
1 out of 10 : Painful 14 1.72%
Voters: 812. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-11-21, 19:22   Link #601
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Don't you think you guys are totally offtopic? There is suzaku thread ^^
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 19:44   Link #602
Levy
differently sober
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Italy
Age: 31
lol you are right... but there was laso some Suzaku vs Karen, that jumps from thread to thread without ever find a proper collocation. Maybe we are in need of a VS thread XD

no, I don't mean I need it really =P
Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 21:44   Link #603
prototype_sky
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyxOne View Post
Well, Kallen's a better pilot.

And Suzaku's personal limit was below Bismarck's.
To Each his own in my opinion Suzaku's a better pilot
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 21:50   Link #604
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
To Each his own in my opinion Suzaku's a better pilot
If that were true, he wouldn't need the live Geass cheat to keep up. He's outright superhuman and has the cheat while Kallen's a regular person and matched him blow for blow.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 04:22   Link #605
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
the point we were arguing about wasnt "whos the better pilot"
but rather the pointlesness of the LIVE geass being turned into some half assed SEED mode for no reason
they already gave suzkau superhuman reflexs and a super hax mecha
whats the point of giving him a SEED mode if it only ever allows him to beat weaker opponetns then himself
and the one time he actually faces someone on his level (both in skill and machine) he loses
complete waste
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 04:26   Link #606
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
They needed a good reason for him to beat Bismarck, who he wouldn't have been able to beat otherwise. That and it was the only way he could throw the anti-FLEIJA spear so accurately. Against Kallen, who has the superior (only slightly I'd say) Knightmare and is every bit the pilot he is, that boost just doesn't cut it.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 04:49   Link #607
Charred Knight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
They needed a good reason for him to beat Bismarck, who he wouldn't have been able to beat otherwise. That and it was the only way he could throw the anti-FLEIJA spear so accurately. Against Kallen, who has the superior (only slightly I'd say) Knightmare and is every bit the pilot he is, that boost just doesn't cut it.
Just have Suzaku beat Bismarck, don't include a last second powerup that comes out of nowhere and that has a plothole in it.

Having the live geass be used as an anti fleija spear makes sense when combined with its use where its launched fleija in the first place. FLEIJA is launched Suzaku can't run so the only way Suzaku survives is to launch the anti fleija device at the proper time. It makes perfect sense, and it was foreshadowed in an earlier event.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 05:08   Link #608
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Having him "just win" wouldn't make sense unless Bismarck didn't have Geass, which is another thing they didn't really need to have. Then again, the scene did serve to emphasize Suzaku was a beast in the Albion when he had the booster. Maybe they just wanted his loss at the end to be closer.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 06:00   Link #609
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Just have Suzaku beat Bismarck, don't include a last second powerup that comes out of nowhere and that has a plothole in it.

Having the live geass be used as an anti fleija spear makes sense when combined with its use where its launched fleija in the first place. FLEIJA is launched Suzaku can't run so the only way Suzaku survives is to launch the anti fleija device at the proper time. It makes perfect sense, and it was foreshadowed in an earlier event.
Which "plothole" that isn't actually a plothole are we talking about this time?
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 06:07   Link #610
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Which "plothole" that isn't actually a plothole are we talking about this time?
"Plot hole" in the sense that it basically ignores the normal rules Geass is supposed to follow. It's not so much that it's boosting his performance, it's that it isn't fucking with his memory anymore. If it were following the rules, Suzaku should just black out and become super-focused like when he blew up Tokyo. Used as a booster, he's consciously aware of what he's doing.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 06:17   Link #611
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
"Plot hole" in the sense that it basically ignores the normal rules Geass is supposed to follow. It's not so much that it's boosting his performance, it's that it isn't fucking with his memory anymore. If it were following the rules, Suzaku should just black out and become super-focused like when he blew up Tokyo. Used as a booster, he's consciously aware of what he's doing.
I thought it acted by essentially counteracting Bismarck's Geass (making it so that he couldn't read Suzaku's moves because there were now multiple possibilites as to his attack pattern) as opposed to giving Suzaku any sort of boost. The real question we should be asking here are what the limits of Bismarck's Geass are.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 10:12   Link #612
X_Danny_X
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I thought it acted by essentially counteracting Bismarck's Geass (making it so that he couldn't read Suzaku's moves because there were now multiple possibilites as to his attack pattern) as opposed to giving Suzaku any sort of boost. The real question we should be asking here are what the limits of Bismarck's Geass are.
that is exactly what happen. Live Geass when activated there were more than one possible outcome. Live Geass takes control and makes you do some move, Suzaku just let it control him and then regain control. Bismark could not produce an accurate picture and his Future Geass became useless.

petty speed give me a blasted brake. nothing in Code Geass was mentioned that Live Geass makes someone better than what he is capable off. The Live Geass supposed to be a curse for him cast by Lelouch to keep his ass alive, nothing more. Suzaku was trying to use it to find some advantage against Bismark and it worked. That is why Lelouch complemented him on it.

Suzaku didnt bother using his Live Geass that much only until the end when the battle ended in a draw against Kallen. the first time he used it at the beginning was just for show since the writers were just showing off and pumping up the battle in the beginning. after that, he didnt bother using it until the end.
__________________

Last edited by X_Danny_X; 2008-11-22 at 10:24.
X_Danny_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 10:42   Link #613
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
the live geass didnt prevent bismark from seeing what he was doing
he saw exactly what he was doing (right down to the slash that killed him)
it made him faster and able to use the albion to its max potental
your reasonsing failed since even bismark comments on the capabilities of the albion when seeing what it can do (and then questions if its suzaku's skill or the albion's specs

and while it was a curse in the show before the last arc
it was treated as a power up from then on out
lelouch comments that he can use it to his advantege (which suggests that he's aware that it gives him some kinda edge)
and suzaku wonders out loud why it wont let him beat kallen (which suggets that he expected it to allow him to win)

its just one more thing that makes the final arc seem so poor when compered to the rest of the show
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 10:46   Link #614
NyxOne
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Well, look at it from another angle- if Suzaku's allied with Lelouch, the damn thing ain't exactly gonna be a curse, is it?

And, also- Suzaku never whined about it not beating Kallen, he was simply surprised that, even with it active, she was able to match his every move.
NyxOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 10:49   Link #615
Grey Dawn
zzzzzzzz
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Danny...no, just no.

Watch the fight against Bismark again. He clearly saw exactly how Suzaku was going to move and Suzaku clearly moved into his predictions. There was no hocus pocus your geass gone haywire.

And no, Suzaku clearly stated he was using geass and couldn't win, claiming it "was just for show" is absurd. You're ignoring what's actually there to fit your view of it.
Grey Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 10:53   Link #616
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Dawn View Post
Danny...no, just no.

Watch the fight against Bismark again. He clearly saw exactly how Suzaku was going to move and Suzaku clearly moved into his predictions. There was no hocus pocus your geass gone haywire.

And no, Suzaku clearly stated he was using geass and couldn't win, claiming it "was just for show" is absurd. You're ignoring what's actually there to fit your view of it.
he can also trigger it at will by that point
he used it against bismark xing-ke and kallen
but not against gino and toudo (and tamaki LOL)
so he chooses to use it at the start of his fight with kallen
why would he turn it off before he wins when she's shown to match him WHILE he is using it
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 11:37   Link #617
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Danny just wants an excuse for why Suzaku got beat, so he's trying to make it look like Suzaku did everything on purpose.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 11:38   Link #618
X_Danny_X
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Dawn View Post
Danny...no, just no.

Watch the fight against Bismark again. He clearly saw exactly how Suzaku was going to move and Suzaku clearly moved into his predictions. There was no hocus pocus your geass gone haywire.

And no, Suzaku clearly stated he was using geass and couldn't win, claiming it "was just for show" is absurd. You're ignoring what's actually there to fit your view of it.

in the end, it was a front head on attack! however before that, Bismark could not predict Suzaku's movements. he was shocked at what he saw. no accurate picture. the only explanation is letting Live Geass take control and regain control over yourself over and over. thus no accurate picture can be made for those two seconds that Bismark is able to see



at the end with the front head on attack, Bismark with his future Geass taken away, the mecha advantage then came into play and Suzaku just sliced through him.


if Bismark was on a machine that was equal to everybody else, then I would agree that he would defeat anyone and that includes Suzaku, Kallen, Xing-ke, even without using his future geass since he was regarded as the best pilot.


as for your last part of your post, I was talking about the beginning! They were just pumping up the fight and Live Geass was shown active just to show off in that section since they were talking and the mechs with their wings were glowing, blah blah. After that we didnt see it until the end of the fight.


Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Danny just wants an excuse for why Suzaku got beat, so he's trying to make it look like Suzaku did everything on purpose.
look in the mirror my friend, when reading past post of yours that there are no skills in fighting, that Suzaku should of frozen, the arm crap, Xing-Li being arrogant without no evidence.

dear lord, sometimes i wonder why i bother with you! Head&Shoulders commercials might just have that side effect that they talk about in their commercial, Morbofist has to be using it since he cant control his head from wondering too much in lala land.
__________________

Last edited by X_Danny_X; 2008-11-22 at 11:50.
X_Danny_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 11:46   Link #619
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Danny_X View Post
in the end, it was a front head on attack! however before that, Bismark could not predict Suzaku's movements. he was shocked at what he saw. no accurate picture. the only explanation is letting Live Geass take control and regain control over yourself over and over. thus no accurate picture can be made for those two seconds that Bismark is able to see
He saw a perfectly accurate picture. The viewer sees a perfectly accurate picture. You're making things up. Suzaku's movements exactly follow Bismarck's predictions. Your theory ignores the obvious, not to mention the fact that if he were turning it on and off the lights in his eyes would go off in tandem. They're lit up constantly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Danny_X View Post
at the end with the front head on attack, Bismark with his future Geass taken away, the mecha advantage then came into play and Suzaku just sliced through him.
He still had his future Geass. The last part is the only thing you got right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Danny_X View Post
if Bismark was on a machine that was equal to everybody else, then I would agree that he would defeat anyone and that includes Suzaku, Kallen, Xing-ke, even without using his future geass since he was regarded as the best pilot.
That's a no-brainer. It also does not support your argument in any way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Danny_X View Post
as for your last part of your post, I was talking about the beginning! They were just pumping up the fight and Live Geass was shown active just to show off in that section since they were talking and the mechs with their wings were glowing, blah blah. After that we didnt see it until the end of the fight.
Incorrect, he's using for the entire time after they start fighting hand to hand. Only when they're fighting with weapons does he forgo it, and it still supports the speed theory and not your on/off nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Danny_X View Post
look in the mirror my friend, when reading past post of yours that there are no skills in fighting, that Suzaku should of frozen, the arm crap, Xing-Li being arrogant without no evidence.

dear lord, sometimes i wonder why i bother with you! Head&Shoulders commercials might just have that side effect that they talk about in their commercial, Morbofist has to be using it since he cant control his head from wondering too much in lala land.
Since all you can do is make dumb-ass insults about commercials I don't even watch, I'll assume you can't form a decent argument to the contrary. If you're going to complain about me making things up, look to your own behavior first. Your current argument just doesn't hold up.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 12:05   Link #620
X_Danny_X
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
He saw a perfectly accurate picture. The viewer sees a perfectly accurate picture. You're making things up. Suzaku's movements exactly follow Bismarck's predictions. Your theory ignores the obvious, not to mention the fact that if he were turning it on and off the lights in his eyes would go off in tandem. They're lit up constantly.
no he didnt, Bismark could not predict his movements after Live Geass was activated. Suzaku head on attack was seen a mile away. He came right at Bismark and Bismark paid the price because his mech was inferior. Suzaku didnt made no intentions of hiding his attack.

Quote:
He still had his future Geass. The last part is the only thing you got right.
you get nothing right ofcourse. his future geass didnt help him at all in this fight. since i it was taken out of the equation. on or off it didnt matter, in the end Bismark future geass was mute and then lost because of his inferior mecha and thinking it could match Suzaku's superior mecha.

Quote:
That's a no-brainer. It also does not support your argument in any way.
i never intent it too.

Quote:
Incorrect, he's using for the entire time after they start fighting hand to hand. Only when they're fighting with weapons does he forgo it, and it still supports the speed theory and not your on/off nonsense.
bwahahahahahahahahahahhahahah dear god, LOL! here is your nick picking, quit your nick picking! the short hand to hand battle was the end.
__________________
X_Danny_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:55.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.