AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-10-11, 06:53   Link #141
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Striker Units have plenty of pros that outweigh their cons. It won't be until the BVR era that Striker Units will remain a good solid option to choose, and even then proper development in both sides of the magitech spectrum could make them a very viable choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
Mm'yes. See it this way: She has kep her lone wolf traits since younger years, but she also realizes the need to take care of her subordinates. either way, she makes use both traits. Atleast I want to see it that way.
I'm still having a bit of trouble seeing how a lone wolf can be the one to keep a unit together without losing her lone wolf traits, but I'll wait to see what she looks like in action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
*facefaults*

Zenzen NOT AS PLANNED!!! D:
Sorry to disappoint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
The problem with this approach is… I know next to nothing about the European Theatre! I'm afraid I can’t write this well!!! T_T
As was said, complete copy/paste of historical settings is not needed. I doubt the war will be over by 1945 anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Spoiler for How many miles to a witch?:
Awkward situations are awkward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
*Flies by and bombs the thread with three more profiles*

Spoiler for Joan Foss:
Spoiler for Evangline McCampbell:
Spoiler for Kagerou Ohta:


*Circles back around and strafes it with another random drabble.*

Spoiler for Obligtory Bar fight...:


*Pulls up and away and heads back to base*
A bar fight? Thomasina really doesn't do things half-assed does she?
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 07:13   Link #142
kct
Walk dat crank yo
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kay El, M'sia
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to kct
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Striker Units have plenty of pros that outweigh their cons. It won't be until the BVR era that Striker Units will remain a good solid option to choose, and even then proper development in both sides of the magitech spectrum could make them a very viable choice.
However, Witches couldn't do large carpet-bombing runs (although they would provide cover for the bombers), nor carry the amount of ordnance some of their fighter counterparts (or fighter-bomber counterparts in the myth of the "Intervention War") carried (remember when someone mentioned that the Witches already have trouble carrying a single 60kg bomb?). However, they would still be a pretty good SEAD platform, or pinpoint targets for their Wild Weasel counterparts in the myth, since radars and methods of detection are less likely to detect the Witches. The same reasoning can also be used by the Wild Weasels to lure the Neuroi into a trap the Witches set.

On another note, looking at the map of the world in SW-verse, it was apparent that South China (and Hong Kong) is probably intact.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 07:35   Link #143
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
I'm not going to argue that, Witches are dogfighters, not bombers. However, in the area of dogfighting Witches currently dominate their fighter counterparts. Witches not only have the same speed, but they also have shields, which give them a massive advantage over fighters, and in dogfights getting behind a Witch does not mean you're safe from her guns. Aside from the fact that Witches have a far wider firing arc, a Witch can swivel around in mid-flight and shoot you down while flying backwards. That's a massive advantage in dogfights around that era, where getting behind was one of the most important things for winning.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 07:40   Link #144
kct
Walk dat crank yo
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kay El, M'sia
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to kct
And we should stop bickering about Witches outdoing their namesake fighters, because they are fighting Neurois for most of the time.

No more characters? Can't be doing them at the moment, laptop got some water that seeped in (I am looking at one of the speakers dying, plus the fact I need to take a break).
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 07:58   Link #145
NorthernFallout
Return
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Frosty Scandinavia
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I'm still having a bit of trouble seeing how a lone wolf can be the one to keep a unit together without losing her lone wolf traits, but I'll wait to see what she looks like in action.
Actually, the more I think about it, I can't see how I will get it to work. I think I grasped for something I couldn't handle. I am looking into an alternative path for her profile. She will be changed.
__________________

Steam: ax/apocnuke | LET'S ROCK
NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 08:05   Link #146
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In the XV-8A Spartan "00"
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Sorry to disappoint.
Nothing's set in stone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
As was said, complete copy/paste of historical settings is not needed. I doubt the war will be over by 1945 anyway.
But given the stress on accuracy, I should try at least, and it is possible to end it by 1945. Not with the complete eradication of Neuroi, but beat down all hives by then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
A bar fight? Thomasina really doesn't do things half-assed does she?
Ph34r the little ones. Always.



Any mention what the Manhatten Project was up to anywhere in canon?
__________________
Kha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 16:56   Link #147
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Awkward situations are awkward.
Trust me, an Original Generation outside a properly sanction corporate crossover is weird by Trope Standards.
__________________
Old McDonald had a farm...Eyey Eyey O...And on his farm he had a Khzithak...Eyey Eyey O...With a ARHHFAHHAAAAAAAAARRRGIIIAAA HELP AAAUUU HELP! IT'S GNAWING OFF MY...
asaqe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 17:42   Link #148
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by kct View Post
No more characters? Can't be doing them at the moment, laptop got some water that seeped in (I am looking at one of the speakers dying, plus the fact I need to take a break).
Water? How did that happen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
Actually, the more I think about it, I can't see how I will get it to work. I think I grasped for something I couldn't handle. I am looking into an alternative path for her profile. She will be changed.
Best way to do that is to make a choice. Though her being a leader, I suggest a character growth from lone wolf to binding leader. Makes for a great story too, she starts out as a lone wolf, but over the course of the story she grows and opens up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
But given the stress on accuracy, I should try at least, and it is possible to end it by 1945. Not with the complete eradication of Neuroi, but beat down all hives by then.
Stress on accuracy is more in terms of fighter development. The fact that the novel Neuroi are pretty much Immovable Objects shows, to me, that the anime victory was only a lucky victory at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Any mention what the Manhatten Project was up to anywhere in canon?
Manhattan project was a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Trust me, an Original Generation outside a properly sanction corporate crossover is weird by Trope Standards.
... You lost me at properly sanctioned corporate crossover.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 18:02   Link #149
NorthernFallout
Return
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Frosty Scandinavia
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Best way to do that is to make a choice. Though her being a leader, I suggest a character growth from lone wolf to binding leader. Makes for a great story too, she starts out as a lone wolf, but over the course of the story she grows and opens up.
Ah, good idea. Makes for some interesting material. *scurries away, brainstorming*
__________________

Steam: ax/apocnuke | LET'S ROCK
NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 18:36   Link #150
kct
Walk dat crank yo
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kay El, M'sia
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to kct
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Water? How did that happen?
Rain. And laptop next to the window, bad news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Stress on accuracy is more in terms of fighter development. The fact that the novel Neuroi are pretty much Immovable Objects shows, to me, that the anime victory was only a lucky victory at best.
Depends on how one wants to do it, really. At least in my case, the Neurois are made to leave some of the major areas (like Karlsland), although not completely eliminated by 1945. This brought a problem one of the Witches mentioned in the anime, that is, "if they are not fighting these things then they would be fighting each other", except that it is not a head-on war (the start of the Cold War).

At least, RIGHT AFTER Karlsland was freed (as in, the Neurois left for elsewhere)...some nations decided to roll into Karlsland to help the battered nation, but something happened (Stalin happened). This effectively throw a huge wrench into whatever the joint forces have worked on for the past few years, because no matter what, some things would still happen (CAPITALIST PIGS, and basically, Britannia, Liberion, Gallia, and Orussia have no idea what to do with a badly wrecked nation, hence the politics). The Iron Curtain would be drawn, and no one knows what the heck is happening to each other (Orussians decided to go solo to bust out the Neurois from their lands, and East Karlsland would be used as a front to check on what would be called NATO).
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 19:11   Link #151
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In the XV-8A Spartan "00"
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Stress on accuracy is more in terms of fighter development. The fact that the novel Neuroi are pretty much Immovable Objects shows, to me, that the anime victory was only a lucky victory at best.
Technological developments are inbound by 1944...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Manhattan project was a joke.
...5 bucks says the Warlock was one of the many products of the Manhattan Project, aimed at possible military applications of Neuroi power. So a self-autonomous unit is too dangerous; we never built robots to fight in our world at that time! With the Warlock proven unreliable, effort became focused on harnessing Miasma as a raw material/energy source, due to the rich nature of the gas, as well as the development of Witch and vehicle mounted Neuroi weapons that lack the sentience to turn on its controller.
__________________
Kha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 19:37   Link #152
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Age: 28
Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by kct View Post
At least, RIGHT AFTER Karlsland was freed (as in, the Neurois left for elsewhere)...some nations decided to roll into Karlsland to help the battered nation, but something happened (Stalin happened). This effectively throw a huge wrench into whatever the joint forces have worked on for the past few years, because no matter what, some things would still happen (CAPITALIST PIGS, and basically, Britannia, Liberion, Gallia, and Orussia have no idea what to do with a badly wrecked nation, hence the politics). The Iron Curtain would be drawn, and no one knows what the heck is happening to each other (Orussians decided to go solo to bust out the Neurois from their lands, and East Karlsland would be used as a front to check on what would be called NATO).
I disagree myself and can see several very critical flaws in your reasoning

Number One: Evidence for "lol Stalin!" seems to be lacking communism is not mentioned and Germany at least was still a monarchy if the German monarchy did not fall then why should we assume the Russian one did?

Number Two: The damage to Russia in this timeline looks to be significantly worse and more extensive Russia would be no position to occupy ANYTHING post war. This is compounded by…

Number Three: The fact that while Russia appears deadlocked the Western Allies are making progress in reclaiming Europe. It looks likely they will beat the Russians into Karlsland possibly by years and once they have it they're not going to bloody well hand half of it over to them afterwards!

Number Four: Germany in SW has an intact government while in the original timeline the German government was destroyed and thus the allies could chop it up as they pleased in this timeline a legitimate government in exile exists and would demand its former lands be returned to it. Russia would be in no position to refuse this even less so with the power house of Liberion standing behind Karlsland looking down on them. One can likewise presume that similar governments in exile exist for many of the nations of eastern Europe that where overrun.

Due to the damage Russia has suffered and the very key differences in the timeline it seems unlikely to me they will be able to claim Eastern Europe as in the original timeline. They’ll be too weak and the west too politically and militarily too strong to simply boss around. No in this timeline Russia will emerge in a badly weakened state probably just reclaiming its former borders and perhaps even losing some outlying territories.

Fuso and Liberon would be the big fish here both with untouched homelands and population they would be the economic powerhouses. Liberon as in real history likely flexes it’s muscle to bail our Europe probably ending up reinstating most of the governments right back up the Russian border. Fuso meanwhile would take the lead in Asia. Unlike in the original time where Japan emerged from the war a shattered wreck in this timeline they would emerge strong and growing and they would hardly allow Russia to come fuck with things in there own backyard. Fuso would be the keeper of Asia if you wanted to mess with things there you’d go through them.

About the only area they might still be able to get away with dick waving is central Asia in the various “Stains” and the Caspian region.

In fact far from a cold war between Liberon and Orussia I’d actually anticipate one between Fuso and Liberion. They’d be the two undisputed heavy weights in the world and they’d share competing interests in the pacific just as in the 1930s in real life this would cause tensions. They’d also compete economically as both of them with undamaged industrial bases would be major exporters and manufacturers.

Remember while there are parrells strike witches is an AU and once you begin to diverge the divergence will escalate with time and the result will begin to stray more and more from the history we know. The further into the future you go the more the “small” changes begin to pile up on each other to make a totally different timeline.
__________________



Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 20:02   Link #153
kct
Walk dat crank yo
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kay El, M'sia
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to kct
Probably as another way to say F*** YOU to history again, but as I've said, to each of their own. Also, it would be very, very hard to write Fuso as the enemy for once, at least that is a notion not welcomed around here (it is an assumption, although they would shut themselves away from the rest of the world like what happened before Meiji, and unleashed their might, which is not something we can write without some random mainland Chinese BAAAWWWing).

Of course, those in the other side in the myth (the Ye-152 pilots) would say "F*** THIS, I AM GOING TO SAVE MY OWN @$$" and start using their radars to burn those Neurois, while the increasingly-joint forces would make the kill. The hostility would end quicker than we imagined, although this would also meant that Vietnam would reunite as a democracy, instead of a communist entity as we know it.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 20:07   Link #154
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
.... You lost me at properly sanctioned corporate crossover.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...inalGeneration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Generation
Oddly, enough, rare in Fan Fic. Likely due to the fear of them becoming Mary Sues.
__________________
Old McDonald had a farm...Eyey Eyey O...And on his farm he had a Khzithak...Eyey Eyey O...With a ARHHFAHHAAAAAAAAARRRGIIIAAA HELP AAAUUU HELP! IT'S GNAWING OFF MY...
asaqe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 20:13   Link #155
kct
Walk dat crank yo
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kay El, M'sia
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to kct
And I'm already having a tough time trying to divide the attention.

Replace parts of Communism with Fuso Empire in Asia (it would be a joint conquest, the Ivans get their land back, while the Empire get some of the tech that Ivan has been working on behind the scenes...like Iron Curtain generators?) = PROFIT???? At least what happened in the "Intervention War" would set the tone for a massive revamp of the Empire. Or probably take ideas from the Axis of Time.

Last edited by kct; 2008-10-11 at 20:46.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 20:42   Link #156
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Age: 28
Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by kct View Post
Probably as another way to say F*** YOU to history again, but as I've said, to each of their own. Also, it would be very, very hard to write Fuso as the enemy for once, at least that is a notion not welcomed around here (it is an assumption, although they would shut themselves away from the rest of the world like what happened before Meiji, and unleashed their might, which is not something we can write without some random mainland Chinese BAAAWWWing).
That last part just confused me, but there's no fucking way Fuso ISN'T going to exploit there position post war to expand there power.

I doubt they’d actually fight each other in any case I see it very much like China and the US today there’s distrust, but they’re way better of off trading and working together and have more to gain by it then they ever would by going to war with each other. So you might get generals on both sides looking cross at each other while the corporate folks are tripping over themselves to try and work together to make as much money as possible and the public at large is indifferent to slightly liking each other.

Quote:
Of course, those in the other side in the myth (the Ye-152 pilots) would say "F*** THIS, I AM GOING TO SAVE MY OWN @$$" and start using their radars to burn those Neurois, while the increasingly-joint forces would make the kill. The hostility would end quicker than we imagined, although this would also meant that Vietnam would reunite as a democracy, instead of a communist entity as we know it.
I just don't think Vietnam happens like it did in history with Fuso a strong and intact force post war Communism (if it exists) will have SERIOUS issues attempting to expand into Asia. Plus Fuso would be free to fuck around in China having who knows what effect on the revolution that historically took place, but if they end up keeping the communists from taking control. (entirely possible and indeed quite possibly there objective) Vietnam is probably really never going to happen.

One possible option is to go for the Full Metal panic route where China (well what's left of it maybe) actually ends up split up so Orussia maybe manages to help the commies gain control of some of the Northern part, while Fuso and Lib backed forces control the south. This could set up tensions and border clashes between them which could then be used as a stand in for the Vietnam war, but either way the setting demands that Fuso play some kind of large active role in anything happening in South East Asia post war.

So just trying to transplant Nam' as it happened won't really work in my view as the history that led to that war is too drasticlly different.
__________________



Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 21:33   Link #157
kct
Walk dat crank yo
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kay El, M'sia
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to kct
I know, that is why I am considering some changes to make sure that the key players would appear in very different circumstances as it is (whatever is left of the region is spit into three blocs, that is, probably following your example, except one side that doesn't want to get into the crossfire). And what started the whole business might be entirely different from what we know (the battlefield remains, but what happened before is different).

Already considering changes to doctrines and whatever used to make it different. Liberion can't afford to push it alone at this time. However, the story would focus on what happened after the coalition turned their attention to Neurois.

In addition to that, the 1957 Defence White Paper which would effectively kill off the military aviation industry in Britain in real-life never happened. Hopefully this would pave way for the likes of the TSR-2 to exist (even though it might prove to be a costly mistake due to the fact that it is not allowed to carry nuclear weapons, but it would be a viable stand-off platform).

Last edited by kct; 2008-10-11 at 23:06.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 00:46   Link #158
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Age: 28
Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Trust me, an Original Generation outside a properly sanction corporate crossover is weird by Trope Standards.
Ah yeah I have my own crossover crack rather like that which I basiclly keep to myself. It's more or less version one listed there basically you get like a dozen versions of Russia plus various other down on there luck authoritarian governments and ebil powers teaming up to try and take down the free multi-verse (SW earth included)… and hence begins World War III to be fought by men like Henry G172, Stanley “Stuka” Luft, and Arnold Ballard.

K I'm done pimping my crap that's only vaugely related to SW now to get back to work...
__________________



Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 01:08   Link #159
kct
Walk dat crank yo
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kay El, M'sia
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to kct
Also, CRAZY SCIENTISTS (something like Dr. Evil). Anyone can give me ideas? It is a must for a 60s/70s setting.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 01:34   Link #160
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In the XV-8A Spartan "00"
Age: 28
The Sons of Cain.
__________________
Kha is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.