AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-03, 13:07   Link #41
NakedAngelX

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouhitori View Post
While, the scene transition could have been smoother at times, for me, the amount of mystery makes it more interesting, for now.

Anyway, despite the popular theme (action, lots of girls, etc), not many seems to be interested in watching even the first episode. I wonder what makes new series popular for Western audiences....

For anyone interested:
First episode screenshots & summary
Well, NA audiences are too heavily influenced by Haruhi and Big Boobs xD.
Just look at Queen Blade and K-ON
Old 2009-04-03, 13:07   Link #42
Midonin
Last Engage

I found it fun. I was looking forward to seeing Haruka Tomatsu as Misao, and the whole gear motif they have going allures me, if only because it reminds me of 3days. But that's neither here nor there. I understood the first episode well enough; just waiting for subs to get the full gist of it.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 13:23   Link #43
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Anyway, despite the popular theme (action, lots of girls, etc), not many seems to be interested in watching even the first episode. I wonder what makes new series popular for Western audiences....
^ give it some time. The first episode has only been out for a day, and far from everyone is willing to watch RAWs

Personally, i found the first episode rather enjoyable, despite the fact it was fairly all over the place. I believe the plot has potential, and i definitely like the animation and visuals - crisp colors and easy on the eyes, and the music was not half bad either. As long as they slow down with the erratic pace (which i believe they will), it should be fine.

Spoiler for episode 1:
Old 2009-04-03, 14:06   Link #44
mouhitori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
^ give it some time. The first episode has only been out for a day, and far from everyone is willing to watch RAWs
I guess the manga/light novel probably don't have a lot of fans, and there is no Kyo-ani factor either:b
mouhitori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 14:24   Link #45
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
I guess the manga/light novel probably don't have a lot of fans, and there is no Kyo-ani factor either:b
That could be a blessing considering how many troll torrents K-On ep. 1 had.
Old 2009-04-03, 19:32   Link #46
Nosauz

i dunno i was looking forward to it, and from the premise I did not expect the mecha to be roaring in. Really i'm more on the fence then previously, the mecha genre just doesn't really seem to fit especially with ghosts and magic and what not, but i'll keep watching just that it might in the end be pretty bad.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 11:11   Link #47
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Interesting first episode. A lot of characters and specific names there and there. But overall not bad, I will keep watching
Old 2009-04-04, 11:46   Link #48
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

I read at Kyou fansubs...

Quote:
Source will be Sun/MX for the 720 and BS-i for the 1080.
Am I correct that the first time one of their sources runs is 4/6/09 at 01:30 (I got the schedule from the official site), and thus should be expecting subs sometime on 4/7-4/8?

EDIT: I found that Chihiro subs will release 4/8 or 4/9. Until there's a sub, I won't watch it, but I'm looking forward to this one!

Last edited by spawnofthejudge; 2009-04-04 at 12:37.
spawnofthejudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 15:21   Link #49
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep1:
Old 2009-04-04, 16:01   Link #50
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 01:
Old 2009-04-04, 16:05   Link #51
Midonin
Last Engage

Probably the most surprising thing to me in this episode was that Saeki was voiced by Kimiko Koyama. I'm so used to hearing her loli voice (Yukari, Sora, Komoe-sensei) that something a bit more mature...well, I didn't even know it was her at first.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 16:08   Link #52
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

That echoing effect is annoying, but everything seems interesting. I think they'll take everything they threw at us and dissect it piece by piece in the later episodes, and for now it's just to get people curious and interested [Although it seems that it's putting people off]. I'm liking the music though, especially the OP.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 16:17   Link #53
Slice of Life
eyewitness

That was all over the place. "Look, here is a harem dude with a ghost girl. Ah, forget about the ghost girl. The ghost girl is not important. Because we also have psychic miko and secret organizations and mecha and ..."

I thought this would be another Kannagi. But it looks like Kannagi meets Linebarrel meets ...
Old 2009-04-04, 16:32   Link #54
Kitsu
The unlucky one

I like the concept of the story and of course OP/ED, Mecha meets Fantasy is great but...it annoys me somehow

We have of course the blond dumb friend (who of course won't even play a minor role in the actual plot, because he's so dumb he won't notice anything)
The mysterious "Lady"
The shy miko
The protective friend of the shy one (who won't even play a minor role in the actual plot)
And the nice hyperactive girl (who won't even play a minor role in the actual plot)
Okay and the "ghost" girl...which isn't really a ghost.
oh and then we have that overly nice guy, who never had a girlfriend before for whatever reasons which don't exist. And of course Miko, Ghost girl and maybe even the mysterious "Lady" will deeply fall in love with him. And of course our little hero won't notice it...and think of them as friends (except maybe for ghost girl) ..blabla... (I hope that at least Kurosaki (that was her name or) will stay single or go with someone that isn't Tomo)

Well but this series does have some really good points
-i like the uniforms for both organizations and school
-Except for lead role all seem rather likable
-Some one with two different eye colors (I just like that)
-MechasxMagic(?)
-Nice choice of voices
-Interesting plot
-Awesome Ed/Op
Kitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 16:49   Link #55
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
I
oh and then we have that overly nice guy, who never had a girlfriend before for whatever reasons which don't exist.
Sorry, but i would say this time the reason is bluntly obviously hanging over the guy's head ... quite literally, in terms of Misao. (What does a girlfriend have to do with this anyway ...). And chances are pretty high he already has some feelings for her (He does find her sleeping form rather captivating at the very least ) and vice versa would be of no surprise as well, but that obviously can only go so far with her being a ghost, so even if they are there, this has likely never been brought up between them, for good reasons.
Old 2009-04-04, 16:52   Link #56
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Sorry, but i would say this time the reason is bluntly obviously hanging over the guy's head ... quite literally, in terms of Misao. (What does a girlfriend have to do with this anyway ...). And chances are pretty high he already has some feelings for her (He does find her sleeping form rather captivating at the very least ) and vice versa would be of no surprise as well, but that obviously can only go so far with her being a ghost, so even if they are there, this has likely never been brought up between them, for good reasons.
I don't think it was obvious that he has any sort of strong feelings for her. Sure at the moment it can go either way, though i don't believe there was any solid evidence shown to believe what you're saying.

They are childhood friends (going by the summary), and i like to stay with that for now, until something more is shown regarding their relationship. As for looking at her while she's sleeping --- most boys will feel a little shy when seeing something like that. It's quite common in these situations.
Old 2009-04-04, 16:52   Link #57
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Kitsu probably doesn't like generic harem leads. I'm wondering how he's automatically "overly nice". He seemed ordinary to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
They are childhood friends (going by the summary), and i like to stay with that for now, until something more is shown regarding their relationship. As for looking at her while she's sleeping --- most boys will feel a little shy when seeing something like that. It's quite common in these situations.
I'm surprised Tomoharu isn't used to it yet, considering that definitely can't be the first time he's slept with her.

... No, not like that.

I'm afraid that this will end up like Kurokami, where it seemed interesting at first, but then proved to be not so interesting.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 16:57   Link #58
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Well...good point~
(Seriously which ghost girl, no which girl sleeps barely clothed over a guys head?! xD)
Maybe this time he has a reason for it, but it was said that girls don't pay attention to him (and he suggested that he not always talked to Misao in puplic just started it now because he was used to it because of the vacation or something) and then/now "booom" girls falling for him one after another. Well at least I hope those will only be the girls who can see Misao, too. So we have a reason why normal girls don't start to like him (he talks to air xD).
Still I just don't like it that much when all girls fall for one guy like there aren't any other males in the whole universe.

Overly nice....is normal, if you look at all other males in such series. The unfriendly one and the dumb one exist but no other normal polite guys.
Kitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 16:58   Link #59
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I don't think it was obvious that he has any sort of strong feelings for her. Sure at the moment it can go either way, though i don't believe there was any solid evidence shown to believe what you're saying.

I am not implying it was shown he has romantic feelings for her just yet - the subject was not touched upon. What i am saying, however, is that such a possibility should come of little surprise. Like i said, due to their situation such a topic is unlikely to have ever come up in the first place (And i don't believe it will either in the near future), but if asked the question of whether there is a possibility that he might have feelings for Misao (regardless if they are consciously considering this at the moment), i would believe "yes" being a more likely answer than "no".
Old 2009-04-04, 17:05   Link #60
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I am not implying it was shown he has romantic feelings for her just yet - the subject was not touched upon. What i am saying, however, is that such a possibility should come of little surprise. Like i said, due to their situation such a topic is unlikely to have ever come up in the first place (And i don't believe it will either in the near future), but if asked the question of whether there is a possibility that he might have feelings for Misao (regardless if they are consciously considering this at the moment), i would believe "yes" being a more likely answer than "no".
I agree with you on that, easily. Sorry if it seemed like i was jumping on your reply back there~

Not knowing anything about the original material is a great bonus for this show, though i hope the main character's relationships with the rest of the cast (mainly the school life characters) are made clear. It doesn't look like any of the female cast carries any feelings for him, though that can soon change. Saying that i don't even know if there's going to be anything like that in this story.

Tags
fantasy, shounen