AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-04, 17:17   Link #61
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Not knowing anything about the original material is a great bonus for this show, though i hope the main character's relationships with the rest of the cast (mainly the school life characters) are made clear. It doesn't look like any of the female cast carries any feelings for him, though that can soon change. Saying that i don't even know if there's going to be anything like that in this story.
aye, i am also reveling in my non-knowledge of the source material

As for the rest of the cast ... i think there "might" be a chance the classmate that hugged him (Sorry, don't remember the name, and can't check the episode at the moment) have some for him, though she might just be acting friendly, who knows. However i wouldn't be surprised if she does - she didn't seem airhead enough to be hugging her acquaintances just because Well, even if she doesn't, she is definitely on rather friendly terms with him, so i wouldn't be surprised if she does develop some. I can't imagine her playing much of a role in the grand scheme of things though ... although that assertion might be also wrong, given there is relatively little to base it on, but that was the feeling i got never the less. We shall see i suppose
Old 2009-04-04, 17:19   Link #62
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
Well...good point~
(Seriously which ghost girl, no which girl sleeps barely clothed over a guys head?! xD)
Maybe this time he has a reason for it, but it was said that girls don't pay attention to him (and he suggested that he not always talked to Misao in puplic just started it now because he was used to it because of the vacation or something) and then/now "booom" girls falling for him one after another. Well at least I hope those will only be the girls who can see Misao, too. So we have a reason why normal girls don't start to like him (he talks to air xD).
Still I just don't like it that much when all girls fall for one guy like there aren't any other males in the whole universe.

Overly nice....is normal, if you look at all other males in such series. The unfriendly one and the dumb one exist but no other normal polite guys.
As far as the subs I had went, he became lax with not talking to Misao in public due to the break, and I don't know about girls falling for him. As far as I can tell, the only girls which have actually tried to interact with him were, obviously, Misao, Kurosaki due to his brother, Saeki because she was protecting Takatsuki, and Oohara. In my opinion, if anyone seems to be interested in Tomoharu, it's Oohara, and it's possible that she's just a really close friend or really wanted him to join the track club.

Edit: Aw, Skyfall beat me to it.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 17:21   Link #63
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
As for the rest of the cast ... i think there "might" be a chance the classmate that hugged him (Sorry, don't remember the name, and can't check the episode at the moment) have some for him, though she might just be acting friendly, who knows. However i wouldn't be surprised if she does - she didn't seem airhead enough to be hugging her acquaintances just because Well, even if she doesn't, she is definitely on rather friendly terms with him, so i wouldn't be surprised if she does develop some. I can't imagine her playing much of a role in the grand scheme of things though ... although that assertion might be also wrong, given there is relatively little to base it on, but that was the feeling i got never the less. We shall see i suppose
Going by what she called Tomoharu's brother, it made me think straight away that they are related --- brother and sister. Of course it was not stated so i'm not saying that's certain, though there does seem to be some backstory between them that's more then just the two coming from the same middle school.
Old 2009-04-04, 17:23   Link #64
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

I really loved it. In fact out of all this seasons shows that have aird so far this one was the best. Closely followed by Phantom. Queen Blade totaly sucked and K-On was a disapointment.

Finally a show i can get my teeth into, though i hope to god it dosent end up another linebarrel

I really only see Misao being the love interest at the minute. I mean the ending of the ep made it clear there was more to her than just being another ghost.

As for his relatonship with whats her name, she could just be a childhood frind/friend of the family sort of thing. I mean he worked for her dad
Old 2009-04-04, 17:24   Link #65
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Going by what she called Tomoharu's brother, it made me think straight away that they are related --- brother and sister. Of course it was not stated so i'm not saying that's certain, though there does seem to be some backstory between them that's more then just the two coming from the same middle school.
They have different last names. It's still a possibility, though, but I think they're just good/childhood friends.

Edit: Ah, his mother remarried, so I'm not sure. I think that's just a way to get rid of the parents though.

Edit 2: Does anyone have any idea how long this will be? From the article on THAT blog, I got the impression that it's going to be 13 episodes. I hope not, since I can see so much potential for the story, and I think 13 episodes would make it too fast-paced.
Old 2009-04-04, 17:35   Link #66
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat's Disciple View Post
I really only see Misao being the love interest at the minute. I mean the ending of the ep made it clear there was more to her than just being another ghost.
My speculation at the moment has much to do with the flashback we are shown. It looks like the flashback is from the moment she first appeared in the ghost like form, and plays a big part in Tomoharu contract with the briefcase and mech that appeared inside. Tomoharu must have made a contract at the time --- his line "i'll do anything if it means bringing her back" is what started this theory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
They have different last names. It's still a possibility, though, but I think they're just good/childhood friends.

Edit: Ah, his mother remarried, so I'm not sure. I think that's just a way to get rid of the parents though.
Thanks for clearing that up for me. Mother remarried? Hmm, could be a sister in that respective then.

As for how long this show will last, i also hope something like 24/26 episodes, going by how much potential there is. Wiki tells me there are 11 volumes of light novel material, so easily enough material for that amount of episode.
Old 2009-04-04, 17:49   Link #67
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
My speculation at the moment has much to do with the flashback we are shown. It looks like the flashback is from the moment she first appeared in the ghost like form, and plays a big part in Tomoharu contract with the briefcase and mech that appeared inside. Tomoharu must have made a contract at the time --- his line "i'll do anything if it means bringing her back" is what started this theory.
You also see her in that... tube container thing. I'd assume that she was dying, and he begged to bring her back, which started his involvement in the thing.

Actually, if I think about it, this could be like Kurokami, where we're shown something that will happen in the future. After all, it seems he has never seen what was in the case before this episode. Then, the flashback [not the one where he's in the hospital] could be not a flashback, but something that happens in the future. I don't know, though, since then it wouldn't make sense to show those flashbacks at those points in the episode....

Or this anime will involve alternate universes or something. Actually, Tomoharu probably just has amnesia, or....
Well, I guess everything's just speculation at this point.
Old 2009-04-04, 18:02   Link #68
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Did it look like she was tied inside that tube at the end to you guys? It looks like she's wearing an oxygen mask.
Old 2009-04-04, 18:05   Link #69
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

It looked like that to me.
Old 2009-04-04, 18:14   Link #70
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Well, she definitely seemed "suspended" in there. (Might be her actual body maybe ... i assume her physical body is still around somewhere, seeing she is refered to as an astral projection, not a ghost). At the moment i would speculate Misao is actually going to be the one controlling said mecha (as implied by the OP scene where she jumps in front of Tomo as if to protect him, and the next second we have the mecha blocking an incoming attack, and the fact we get a quick glimpse of what seems to be a female's dress just before Reishiro summons his mecha) ... as for when the conversation in the "flashback" took place ... it could be the future, but, i think it could be the past as well, most likely around the time when he suffered in said plane crash (Which, i assume, is where Misao died as well) ...which would be a fitting time for such "contracts" ... might be said scene didn't happen in "reality", but in his mind or such. Reason i believe so is because it would explain why Kurosaki brought him the trunk and insisting it is his - it was something he had already agreed upon, regardless if he recalled at the moment or not. Then again i guess she could have brought it knowing that he wouldn't refuse in the future anyway, if it presented a chance of saving Misao. Too little information ... but the epsiode sure did throw out a lot of stuff
Old 2009-04-04, 19:03   Link #71
orion

You can't save someone who is already dead. The dead don't need a mask inside of a tube and wouldn't be suspended like she was. She prob is on life support inside that tube at whatever time that flashback took place. Maybe she was combined with the mecha prior to the plane accident and the plane accident was an attempt to kill him. He lost his memory after the accident and has had Misao following him ever since. Misao for whatever reason can't remember either. Also, both OP and ED show a Misao with a real body and not an astral projection.

This could be like the Rahxephon/Reideen/Demonbane scenario with Misao = Asura Machina.

Edit: Asura Machina is kind of a weird name. But looking at Demonbane's Deus Machina as a reference, Asura Machina could also be a "Demon Machine" (one of this universe's "God Machines") which could go with it being black colored, called Schwartzchild and having another religious group dressed in white going after it along with "demons" and having its opposite colored Hisui (another of this universe's "God Machines").

Last edited by orion; 2009-04-04 at 19:30.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 19:23   Link #72
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
You can't save someone who is already dead.
In a show that is stacked on fantasy and SciFi elements, you most certainly can. That said, by "died" i was referring to whatever incident it was that turned her in to her current "ghost state". Whether she is actually dead is still up in the air, though i am leaning towards no.

Quote:
The dead don't need a mask inside of a tube and wouldn't be suspended like she was. She prob is on life support inside that tube at whatever time that flashback took place.
Depends. In the event that she did die, it is quite likely the body would need to be "supported" while awaiting resurrection, if you want for it to be in usable state. I don't think she is dead and that indeed to be life support, but you would need some even if she was and there was hope of revival - if you would not take measures to support a body, it would no longer be usable. Brain would die within minutes with no supply of oxygen for example - can't revive someone in a body that can no longer sustain functions required for living.

Quote:
Maybe she was combined with the mecha prior to the plane accident and the plane accident was an attempt to kill him. He lost his memory after the accident and has had Misao following him ever since. Misao for whatever reason can't remember either. Also, both OP and ED show a Misao with a real body and not an astral projection.
Misao is portrayed in both ghost and "normal" way during the OP, depending on scene. I don't think this has got to do much with anything, aside from being s stylized choice to suit the specific scene better

Her being bound to the mecha prior to the incident ? Unlikely, considering the two are supposed to be childhood friends. And an attempt to kill him ...? Why ? There is no reason to think that for the moment, and that would be a hellishly awkward way to try and kill someone anyway There might be a chance said crash was not an accident and something caused it, but there is no reason to believe anyone is after his life for the moment.
Old 2009-04-04, 19:37   Link #73
orion

Childhood friend status is prob before bound to mecha. Besides if she is still with him and they're in high school, most likely they are not childhood friends anymore. I bet it was easier to get him to make the contract because of his feelings for her. The reaction to a sleeping Misao just reinforces it. Anime rule is friends usually stop being childhood friends by middle school. At middle school, they are considered dating until proven otherwise.

They would need to kill him to gain control over Asura or have him hand it over. This is a mecha title which means he could most likely the pilot with Misao as the secondary like in Demonbane and Reideen.

But being ep. 1, we have to wait to see how this plays out.
Old 2009-04-04, 19:40   Link #74
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
They would need to kill him to gain control over Asura or have him hand it over. This is a mecha title which means he could most likely the pilot with Misao as the secondary like in Demonbane and Reideen.
This. One has to wonder what part she plays in this mystery contract --- and why the hell there has to be a contract that involves bringing someone back from the dead as a ghost. Still, after everything that happened in the first episode, all that isn't clear yet.

It's quite fun talking about this when all of us could easily be wrong about all our speculation.
Old 2009-04-04, 19:55   Link #75
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I don't believe he will be taking a part in controlling the mecha at all (The OP implies Misao protecting him, and the mecha being summoned by Reishiro looked like it was about to wreck havoc on its own, only with the implied female pilot. My guess would be their situation could be similar - Tomo being the one capable of summoning said mecha, and Misao controlling it.

There is nothing to say he needs to be killed though, quite contrary if the episode is anything to go by - everyone was after the case, not his life. I am not really sure if i am ready to call the whole thing a "contract" either ... said word attaches some strings that might not be there, (Though the case does respond to him specifically it seems) and Asura might just be some rare/dangerous element he was willing to use. And somehow his brother ties in to the whole thing. Well, too little information at this point to speculate anything about his and Misao's connection with Asura beyond wild guesses. It is fun though

Last edited by Skyfall; 2009-04-04 at 20:05.
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 19:58   Link #76
orion

I'm betting with the genre on this one. This is a shonen title which means he's the pilot.

It is fun speculating.
Old 2009-04-04, 20:07   Link #77
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I'm betting with the genre on this one. This is a shonen title which means he's the pilot.
The blonde haired guy didn't pilot the mecha that was with him, so i don't think it's the type that needs piloting. It looks more like a hidden spirit that they control personally, instead of piloting.
Old 2009-04-04, 21:32   Link #78
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

If you watch it again you notice something interesting, that black ooze thing becomes his shadow, then the mecha comes from it. (Blue Dragon style!!!)

I can't see him piloting it rather i see Misao as being the mind that controls it, and is out to protect him. I got that impression from the end when she's telling him to open it. It looked like she was feeling something about it.

Also i agree, none of them seem to be piloting, rather just issuing commands. The miko wasn't piloting hers, and nether was whatshisname. Just cause it's a shonen dosen't mean he's going to be the pilot >.<

That said i don't really see this being 24/26 eps. Given the way things are at the moment, i think we're more likely to see a season of 12/13, and if it does well they'll announce a second season. If it dosen't they call it quits and haven't lost as much as they would have over a 24/26. Seems to be the trend of late, we aren't getting as many full right off 24/26 series.
Old 2009-04-04, 22:39   Link #79
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
In terms of controlling/piloting that thing I would be leaving it up to Misao. Though hopefully the guy will be able to participate in a greater way than just summoning the thing. Would feel for Tomoharu if he just had to stand there and watch any struggles happen .

The more episodes the better to me. Long as they have the material to work with should go as far as they can. But might end up closer to the 13 episode mark to see how the series is liked. Would rather keep on watching than wait for that kind of thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat's Disciple View Post
I really loved it. In fact out of all this seasons shows that have aird so far this one was the best. Closely followed by Phantom. Queen Blade totaly sucked and K-On was a disapointment.

Finally a show i can get my teeth into, though i hope to god it dosent end up another linebarrel

As for his relatonship with whats her name, she could just be a childhood frind/friend of the family sort of thing. I mean he worked for her dad
Agree with you on the shows so far. I really got into this one and like it the most of the ones I've seen so far. Pretty much the same feelings about Queen blade and K-On.

If the show hints at any pairings will be pulling for Misao. Kind of got behind ghost characters after Kuroha . Glad she had such a nice personality.
Old 2009-04-04, 22:57   Link #80
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Wow, felt like I needed Cliffs Notes (and a valium) for that episode. Lots going on, that's for sure. Like the look and the voice work (Miyu Irino is always great), still not quite sure about the premise. Definitely going to give this a couple more episodes to sort itself out.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shounen