AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2009-06-15, 18:16   Link #81
iWish
!{-=+Soul~=~Eater+=-}!

Send a message via AIM to iWish Send a message via MSN to iWish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woopzilla View Post
I dislike characters who are overly shy, scared or unconfident to a point where they can't do something without tons of encouragement.

So I like personalities that don't rely too much on others; characters that are strong enough to deal with situations calm and collected.
Yes i agree too, thats why i like Anju from Karin, always calm and colected handles everything with calm aditude. Shes always there taking care of her sister even though shes younger and doesnt take or rely on huge help of others.
iWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 07:31   Link #82
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈΈ is the Best !!

Send a message via MSN to The Chaos
Male
Uchiha, Itachi from Naruto

Female
Kou, Shuurei from Saiunkoku Monogatari

best ever
Old 2009-06-16, 11:46   Link #83
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Kira01 View Post
Does Arisato Minato have a personality in the manga? I know Seta Souji has one, but what I've read of the P3 manga [which isn't much. I stopped reading once I found out the timeline wasn't linear, since I haven't finished P3 yet], he doesn't really have much of a personality.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 12:28   Link #84
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

As far as male characters go, I prefer more GAR guys. Men should act manly, damn it. Fuck Shinji and the like.

A few of my favorite male characters:
  • Kamina (Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)
  • Himura Kenshin (Rurouni Kenshin)
  • Isamu Dyson (Macross Plus)
  • Maes Hughes (Fullmetal Alchemist)

As for ladies, I am a total sucker for tsunderekko though I also appreciate the occasional genki girl as well. No doormats for me.

A few of my favorite female characters:
  • Shigure Asa (Shuffle!)
  • Aisaka Taiga (Toradora!)
  • Suzumiya Haruhi (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
  • Makino Tsukushi (Boys Over Flowers)
DJLowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 12:43   Link #85
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

male - kyon from suzumiya (what can I say, he is so cool yet i could connect with )

female - Sanae from clannad
Spoiler for in clannad AS:
, also being gentle and strong at the same time
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 13:35   Link #86
Haak
Forever Alone...

i like the smooth confident types like Akira from Eden of the East or Maes Hughes from Fullmetal Alchemist, or the strong, determined that have strong morals like Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist or Suzaku from Code Geass.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 21:51   Link #87
lolitaninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Lelouch is by far the most unspecial character, his archtype has been portrayed countless times in countless enactments, the only difference in CG is that he is on the so called "good side" and also wins more battles then he looses.
and that's exactly why I think he is overrated!
lolitaninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-27, 17:27   Link #88
Rawr:3
Kabang. ★

Send a message via AIM to Rawr:3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Lelouch is by far the most unspecial character, his archtype has been portrayed countless times in countless enactments, the only difference in CG is that he is on the so called "good side" and also wins more battles then he looses.
I agree with what you said about him being portrayed countless times in countless enactments. But the major difference in his character compared to any badguy is from their goals. He portrays the irony and how he's trying to change the world for the better, the people that needs that type of hero[Japanese], under the name of a villian and terrorist to the others[Brittanians], which are the main villians in my opinion, but that's another thing.

Back on subject.

For males, I like characters that can fight XD. But they fight because of their values and something that they hold dear to them. Vague, since it applies to almost all the male anime characters, lol, but the ones that really mean it. I dislike characters that're reckless, loud, ignorant, so on and so forth. = =

For females, characters that are strong and determined, some that don't let others look down on them and actually helps out. For some odd reason, I find girls with a very tragic past likable too.

I would give a list, but theres too much lol. :3
Old 2010-08-10, 15:38   Link #89
AkasuraBoshi

My fav girl list.
1.Hinagiku Katsura
2.Segawa izumi (both of these girls are from hayate no gotoku)
3. Yuki Nagato ( Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
4. Tachibana Kanade ( Angel Beats)
5.Yui ( forgot last name, Yui Nyaa~
FAV male Chars:
1. Harima Kenji (school Rumble)
2. Kyon ( Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
3. Koizaumi (Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
4. Hanai ( school rumble and i also forgot last name)
5. Hayate Ayasaki ( Hayate the combat butler or aka Hayate no gotoku)
Now ill explain why i love these people.

1. Katsura hinagiku is a nice and sometimes bossy kind of girl, but when shes in love shes so KAWAII
2. Segawa Izumi is always smiling and happy, she is optimistic and immensly CUTE. and she laughs like this in a cute voice. Nihaha<3
3. Yuki Nagato is my role model, She is the silent and strong type, she doesnt say anything unless needed to and she is aweasome.(cute )
4. Tachibana kanade is a shy looking type of girl, she talks low, acts pretty nice and caring. she is gentle even when she is shot and is very cute also
5. Yui is also on this list because she is outgoing, happy and optimistic about life, she likes to fool around and sing. And as you know all these girls have different personalities and they are all cute . Yui Nyaa~

1. Harima kenji is truly the most hilarious anime character EVER. He is the kind of person who automatically jumps to all kinds of hilarious conclusions, i cant completly describe his personality but he is very very hilarious and his personality is my all time favorite.
2. Kyon is what you might consider a normal high schooler, the reason i like him is because of his laidback personality, the way how he always says what he critisizes in his mind, and how he talks like any other pervert in his mind when he sees Mikuru from the anime he is in XD.
3. Koizumi is a sophisticated talker. he speaks like a gentleman, acts like a gentlemen and he also knows when to throw in a nice random joke. hes always smiling and he is kind in a sense.
4. Hanai is the loud and acts like a leader. He is caring for his friends and tries to follow the riles, but he is always doing hilarious things in the name of love and his challenging personality is all to funny when hes up against Harima
5. And last but not least, Hayate Ayasaki!!!! Hes the extremly caring,affectionate,and probably the most unlucky anime character there is! He is kind to others and is innocent(isnt aware if girls are hitting on him and he is embarresed when he sees a ero magazine). instead of trying to help himself he always puts others safety in front of his.
Those are my favorite characters xD.
AkasuraBoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 22:21   Link #90
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Accelerator (To Aru Majutsu no Index) - My favorite anime character of all time, and for a good reason. He starts off as a someone in that everyone hates, but then we delve into his past that made him that way, his encounter with the first person who accepted him not as a "monster" but as a "person", his realization that he no longer needs to be alone anymore, and his strong decision to try and change. His character development from the series' first villain to antihero is wonderful to watch. Plus the fact that he is THE strongest person on the science side with amazingly hax powers and that he gets stronger and stronger as the series progresses makes him a really interesting character to analyze, unlike A CERTAIN PREDICTABLE FIRST PROTAGONIST...

Plus he's just plain cool and psycho when he kills. I mean, just look at him in my avatar, he just stares at you with those piercing red eyes...

-ahem- Ending that rant, I also have...

Nodame (Nodame Cantabile) - Her weird personality and her entrancing piano playing just stands out spectacularly. Nodame's relationship with Chiaki is also very fun to watch, like a boke-tsukkomi pair.

Firo (Baccano!) - Because he's main character-ish.

Rena (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni) - Cute most of the time, but a very reliable and strong willed friend. Also loves HAU! OMOCHIKAERI!!!ing whatever she deems "cute" and I love her hatchet.

Toboe (Wolf's Rain) - H-he's so CUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE HAU! OMOCHIKAERIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Izaya (Durarara!!) - Master troll.

Shizuo (Durarara!!) - Master of RAEG

Horo (Spice and Wolf) - Extremely teasing and flirty, but carries her wisdom and experience of a wolf god with pride. Plus her banter with Lawrence is entertaining.

Senjougahara (Bakemonogatari) - Just from her dynamic entrance you can tell she's a completely different character type from the rest. Staples indeed...

Kamina (TTGL) - WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM?!?!

Lelouch (Code Geass) - Both similar and different from Light, Lelouch is a force to be reckoned with. Extremely smart and capable of facing an entire oppressive empire. Also, I love how he's absolutely useless at anything athletic related and his dramatic effects.

Ryouko (Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakamatachi) - Definitely NOT a Taiga ripoff. She has her own reasons and traumas for keeping people away from her and should NOT be lumped with KugiRie tsundere in any shape or form.

Ryoushi (Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakamatachi) - With his fear of being looked at, he starts off as afraid of other people but he manages to turn into someone cool and someone Ryouko can rely on. Plus, despite his fear, he's managed to confess to Ryouko THREE times already.

Fai (Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle) - Happy and always bright on the outside, but hiding his dark past with a smile. Love that type of character with a tragic past.
Old 2010-08-10, 22:38   Link #91
imbehindyou
turn around...

I can't particularly pick out favorite personality for guys.

As for girls, I like mostly shy, (gentle, kind, nice, sweet), (clueless, clumsy), dojikko-type, boke-type girls.

My #1 girl is Rena but she doesn't fit into all of those categories. In general though those types make up many of my favorites.

yuuki kanade @ fortune arterial
imbehindyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 03:31   Link #92
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Favorite Female Characters
1. Shana (Tsundere) (Shakugan no Shana)
2. Haruhi (Tsundere) (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
3. Yurripe (Strong, Leader type) (Angel Beats!)
4. Kaname (Strong, Determined) (Full Metal Panic!)

Favorite Male Characters
1. Kyon (Laid-Back, Lazy) (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
2. Lelouch (Intelligent, Determined) (Code Geass)
3. Tomoya (Delinquent, Kind) (Clannad)
4. Sabrac (God-Like Hacker) (Shakugan no Shana)
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 12:11   Link #93
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Konata (solves problems the anime way / or not solve it at all)
Haruhi (solves problems her own way or ignore it outright)
Yui (carefree, ask onee-chan to help)

I'm easily satisfied with 99% of anime characters XD

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 23:37   Link #94
colorles
kid

i suppose Yukimura from SDK, personality just flows of colors lol
colorles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 11:16   Link #95
MadPanda

Hmmmmm.....

Male:
The cool, unflappable type (Spike Speigel) that handles even the most dangerous situations with a wink and a smile.

Female:
Kotoha (the meganekko who can call out weapons) from Yozakura Quartet. Sexy, fun-loving, dangerous.

===
MadPanda...(meganekko always get a +1 rating to begin with)...
MadPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 13:56   Link #96
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
Generally Tsundere like Kagami (Lucky Star), Azusa (K-ON), Shana (Shakugan no Shana), Hitagi (Bakemonogatari), Kyou (Clannad), Rin (Fate/Stay Night), Haruhi (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya), Funimo (Mayoi Neyo Overrun), Ryouko (Ookami-san) and Kanna (Air); though I like plenty of other personality characters I ussually love specific characters rather than the personality as a whole like I do with Tsundere.
Old 2010-08-14, 14:25   Link #97
john_jones

Hm. I remember...

Durarara!! : Celty
Spice and Wolf: Horo. Lawrence
Wolf's Rain: Blue *_*, Tsume
Blood+ : Diva, Haji
john_jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 14:13   Link #98
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
yandere and tsundere
Old 2010-08-16, 14:16   Link #99
Revan21

Tsundere. The cool beauty type, not the angry loli
Old 2010-08-16, 15:16   Link #100
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

I like Yanderes especially male ones ~Oh Rolo your so awesome~ <3

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote