AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2003-11-11, 06:10   Link #1
Hendlefe

test

testing please bear with me
Hendlefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-11, 06:19   Link #2
Hendlefe

k works

Sorry about that but I typed down a rather lengthy post and hit submit but got sent to a internet error thing.

Anyway I'll type it again.

Problem: I download BitTorrent 3.3 but when I start the program I get an error.
Old 2003-11-11, 06:20   Link #3
Hendlefe

Sorry about that but I typed down a rather lengthy post and hit submit but got sent to a internet error thing.

Anyway I'll type it again.

Problem: I download BitTorrent 3.3 but when I start the program I get an error.

These are the steps I took,
1) I go to http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/download.html. I click on windows installer. I click on the file (the picture of the paper with 1's and 0's) and download the program. I get a message saying that it was installed successfully. I get a popup with picture of Bram Coham asking for donations.

2) I go to my C: drive and find the folder BitTorrent under program files. These are the files I see inside: _socket.pyd, _sre.pyd, _winreg.pyd, btdownloadgui.exe, python22.dll, select.pyd, wxc.pyd, wxmsw233h.dll, zlib.pyd, uninstall.exe.
Old 2003-11-11, 06:21   Link #4
Hendlefe

3) I open the btdownloadgui.exe and get a screen that looks like it is about to download but I get an error that says
ERROR
Augments are -
--max_uploads arg
the maximum number of uploads to allow at once. (defaults to 4)

--keepalive_interval arg
number of seconds to pause between sending keepalives (defaults to 120.0)

and it goes on like that for a long time. Sorry for the multiple replys, I kept getting an error for the full version in one post.
Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!
Old 2003-11-11, 06:29   Link #5
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Your problem is so simple that it makes me want to cry. Just don't do what you did and you won't get that error. Read the BitTorrent Step-By-Step to figure out how to use BitTorrent.

Edit: Incidently since your thread title "test" is utterly and completely uninformative, I've decided to edit it into something that actually describes your problem.

Edit 2: And while I'm at it, I'd like to point out that we have an edit button so that you can add information to your post. We frown on double-posting (or triple-posting, let alone quadruple-posting).

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-11, 06:33   Link #6
Hendlefe

I have tried the Classic BT Guide but the same problem arises.

According to the instructions, it says, "This is where it all begins, a .TORRENT file. The first thing you might want to check is the file size, in case it is only 14k, this means that you havent downloaded the file yet, you need to double click this file and run BitTorrent..."

Where is this .TORRENT file? I if you scroll up you could see all the files I have in that folder.

Thanks for responding by the way... I am amazed to see such a lively community on these forums. I have seen forums that move less than once a day...
Old 2003-11-11, 06:35   Link #7
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

I'll summarize the essential point that you aren't getting. Don't run BitTorrent. Find a link on a webpage with an anime that you are interested in. Then click that link. That's all.

If this doesn't help, then tell me what you are trying to download and I'll give much more specific and detailed information.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2003-11-11, 06:37   Link #8
Hendlefe

Oooooh I see, I was thinking that BitTorrent is similar to shareware programs like kazaa. Well this is my first encounter with such a program so yes I am newb.

Anyway now that this is settled, think you could suggest some animes that I should download? I also looked for Escaflowne but it isnt listed... I need closure!
Old 2003-11-11, 06:40   Link #9
Hendlefe

Also, are these animes under http://www.animesuki.com/torrents.php in japanese? I'm english speaking only so that would be an incredible letdown.
Old 2003-11-11, 06:53   Link #10
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Reminder: Earlier I asked you not to double-post! Use the edit button under your post. With that out of the way...

First of all, our homepage www.AnimeSuki.com lists every unlicensed show that is available on BitTorrent. And subtitled in English. By fans. If you have any other questions, then please read our Listing Policy.

Next I should point out that Escaflowne isn't listed because it is licensed. This means that it has been picked up for distribution by a company in the United States. Please read Fansubbing and Licensing for more information on the subject. Also, read AnimeSuki's License List and Grand High License List to find out if something has been licensed. According to our Forum Rules and FAQ we cannot help you download licensed anime like Escaflowne.

As for shows that you should download, here is my list of essential anime on BitTorrent:
  • Princess Tutu - Don't be put off by the name and give it a few episodes or you'll never understand what it is about. It is simply one of the best shows I have ever seen.
  • Condor Hero - This anime resembles a Hong Kong movie. A really awesomely great one.
  • Jungle wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu - You might die laughing, so don't download unless you are of strong constitution.

If one of these doesn't Wow you, then post in the "Suggestion Forum" and tell people what kind of anime you like to watch. Somebody will have a suggestion to help you out. Just don't post the question here.

Old 2003-11-11, 11:02   Link #11
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
Ok, I guess my guide wasnt enough for you, but I feel ashamed to post something like that on my guide so I will just help you here.

THIS WORKS FOR EACH AND EVERY TORRENT ON THE MAIN ANIMESUKI PAGE

Insert www.animesuki.com in the dialog box pointed by the red arrow.

You will see this screen, move your mouse on the "thing" pointed by the bigger arrow and scroll down in the direction pointed by the smaller arrow.

Now, click on the links pointed by the red arrow and wait a few seconds, to allow your browser to load the next page.

Now click with the right button of your mouse on the link of the anime you want to download

Pretty much what the picture points.

Just save the .TORRENT file on your hard disk and follow the steps on the guide.

Good Luck (maybe not)

Last edited by Flash_Squirrel; 2003-11-11 at 16:14.
Flash_Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-11, 13:42   Link #12
Hendlefe

Unhappy

Wow thank you everyone, especially NoSanninWa for being infinitely patient and Flash_Squirrel for your incredible editing skills