AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier Total Series Rating
Perfect 10 67 24.63%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 96 35.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 58 21.32%
7 out of 10 : Good 26 9.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 15 5.51%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 1.47%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.37%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 0.74%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 1.10%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 272. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-10-14, 01:33   Link #81
elfboy
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Brief touch on character development. I watched episode 3, then skipped to episode 24 immediately -- and I was surprised by how much change the characters went through. Sheryl went from superficial spoiled diva to flawed, caring, soulful human being. Alto went from immature, confused boy to confident, focused young man. Ranka went from happy-go-lucky, eager to please everyone girl to long-suffering, confused baby.

I think the main reason why so many of us hate (too strong a word, but for this purpose it works) episode 25 is because the characters that changed so much, reverted back to their early basics at the end of that episode. Like the LT -- after such a clear picture of Alto being with Sheryl, the ending paints a regression back to episode 10.

Also with Sheryl being 'dragged' through the mud, that's part of the reason why we love her so much -- the fact that she made a decision and faced her fear (of dying, of losing Alto) and fought to the end (of course, she 'gave up' and needed to be slapped by Ranka... pfft!). Without that 'personal drama' she would have just floated on that nice middle ground which would not have revealed all these extra sides to her personality. Ranka, a sweet character, a nice character, a naive character, but ultimately proven to be extremely selfish by the time episode 23 came around. It was about what she wanted -- Alto's affections, Ozma not flying, becoming a superstar, finding out about her family, keeping Ai-kun a secret despite the unknown risks it potentially harbors for the rest of the island (unknown alien organism in an enclosed environment... come on!) Episode 25 is a bid to reverse the 'negative' feeling towards Ranka and return her back to the 'innocent' happy-go-lucky child that she was. Sure she has more confidence (impudence might be the more accurate word) in challenging Sheryl in music & love, but it's still a selfish desire. Sheryl gave up Alto to save Ranka & the fleet. Ranka abandoned the fleet because she couldn't have Alto (her desire to be loved by anyone led her to betray the fleet).
elfboy is offline  
Old 2008-10-14, 01:47   Link #82
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by elfboy View Post
[ Even if you guys complain about Alto surviving, the show would have suffered if he hadn't.)
Donīt lump all us guys into this statement by about three people.
__________________
magnuskn is offline  
Old 2008-10-14, 04:03   Link #83
kamikazex
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
definitely my favorite summer series
kamikazex is offline  
Old 2008-10-14, 10:04   Link #84
March
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
March is so negative

I admit, Zero's CGI is obviously nothing compared to Frontier's, but then again, Zero was made in 2002, and the CG was very good for its time. Certainly enough for Zero to win an award in special effects. Moreover, I really can't think of anything at the time that could match Zero's action sequences toe-to-toe.

To be honest, I was looking forward to a prequel, so when I learned about Zero back in 2001, I was quite excited. Its not a perfect show, and I did not like how it went Earth Girl on me, but it was nonetheless watchable, and certainly provided a definite closure regarding the fate of two primary characters, which is something Macross Frontier has yet to accomplish.

I wonder if it would have been better to make Zero as a TV series, rather than an OVA.

- Tak
With praise for Macross Frontier, I wouldn't say I'm negative

Actually, Macross Zero's animation is technically superior to Macross Frontier. The CGI animation in Macross Zero features CG models with much higher polygon counts and much more detail. The problem with Macross Zero is execution. In Macross Zero all the CGI vehicles felt toy-like. The physics and frame rates they used made all the mecha feel like minaturized models and toys (ironic, given this is anime). The sense of scale was awful, particularly the landings shots. In Macross Frontier the CGI was lower resolution and used much simpler models, but the set design, physics and scene compositions were so much more accomplished that the overall CGI presentation feels far superior using less accomplished CG models. Another strength of Macross Frontier is the much better merge of 2D animation with CGI than what was done in Macross Zero.

Comparing it to anime at the time, I personally felt Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex had better CGI than Macross Zero. But again, I say that acknowledging the superior quality of the CGI models in Macross Zero, but again argue execution in favor of GITS.

I am curious where they are going with the Macross Frontier movie. In a way, I'm kinda hoping for a re-imagining ala Do You Remember Love?. A continuation of Macross Frontier might be interesting as well, but I'd dislike a compilation movie. Sadly, I think we're likely to get a compilation film more than anything else
March is offline  
Old 2008-10-14, 12:21   Link #85
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to FLCL
well on a slightly related note, i just beat ace frontier on S rank...basically....klan klan is invincible in her Q rau when upgraded.
FLCL is offline  
Old 2008-10-14, 16:17   Link #86
Seifall
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
I honestly, think this show doesn't deserve a perfect score, if not, a movie would not have been scheduled.
Too much question about Minmei and Bilrer, the useless Mickhail's death, Sheryl overshadowing the heroine of the show(now I know it wasn't Kawamori intention ), Galaxy's real structure, more information about Grace's kind, the fate of Fairy 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 ; MAo's husband, Sheryl's parents, the role of Ranka's father in the research fleet ...

I find it utterly paradoxical that people can say the show was awesome or this was the better of all the others Macross like SDF,DYRL,M plus, M0 and add about Kawamori: This guy can't write a script worth a damn.

That's what the majority of people here, think now that they discovered Kawamori isn't the one who made Sheryl a better character from 18 to 24 , but the one who made her like she was in the first episode( we all know how she acted...),
the episode 10( kissing Alto knowing Ranka is just near...),
episode 11( the "endless sky" from Sheryl, even thought few hours ago she encouraged Ranka... )
episode 12( the Karma does exist ?!.... )
episode 15( A jealous Sheryl.....)........




And BOOM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Episode 18( Sheryl 's solitude ...),
episode 19 ( Sheryl who is struggling with herself ...: & " Watashi wa Sheryl Nome"< WE know, we know!! ........)
episode 20( Hikaru's come back and a Sheryl : " singer of despair ....)
episode 21( The despair at its peak, the fall of Sheryl Nome, this unbearable fact that Sheryl is losing everything.... : they didn't even give her 60 second of speaking time ... My,My.... how could they ?! How ?! ....)
episode 22( Sheryl singing her "secret love " kono omoi mukuwarezu
awa ni nari kiete mo heiki , so touching, so beautiful, what an amazing character ... & how can I forgot the kiss scene when she at last let her mask fall.... her love to sing united with her love for Alto,...)
episode 23 ( She is living her last days with the man she loves, this is such a tragedy ..., she even heard Alto and Klan 's conversation which broke her heart !!! How!! Howw!!!! how did they dare to do that to this already poor woman who is dying , how !!!)
episode 24( she knows her man might die in the battle so give him the goodbye kiss, so romantic, magnificient, so much unspeakable , touching,she is the godess of MAcross, no, after losing everything she became the modern cindirella ... she became the FAIRY of this tale ... )




OOps Kawamori is the original compositor of the story , Macross has nothing to do with fairy tale .

Kawamori, " I like Othello game "

The final episode :
Ranka slapped Sheryl , KARMA !!! I TOLD YOU !
Ranka cured Sheryl !
Sheryl isn't the only wing of Alto ( I remind him saying people shouldn't fly alone only for her though )
Sheryl wasn't choose by Alto even after the 18-24 scripts

So it's sad to read people voted to say this show is amazing and added after, Kawamori shouldn't have been at the controls of the final episode, he is the one who leaded Macross Frontier into this popular show.
And I don't buy all the comments about him not being the one who made the legend of Macross,...
In life you acknowledge people by their grades and the results provided not their coworkers...
If we must follow this logic, May'n is not what made Sheryl since Aya Endo was here too.
So why praising May'n everywhere here and not Aya Endo ?!
So you have the right to praise Ohnogi because he made Sheryl like you wanted to but more respect to Kawamori's work is the least from fans who call themselves
fan of Macross.
This is not a suggestion or something else, just an observation from my side, after you are free to do whatever you want to.

Rating : 8/10

Conclusion : The characters from episode 25 were like Kawamori wanted them to be , and they will be took as they were in the final for the movie. It's rassuring
Seifall is offline  
Old 2008-10-14, 16:50   Link #87
kujoe
from head to heel
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 32
/facepalm

It was more of a team effort with Kawamori at the helm. Kawamori led with the vision, and he simply deferred to others concerning different aspects of the show.

Don't get your underwear in such a bunch. Macross Frontier is still overall great, but of course it has its own flaws.
kujoe is offline  
Old 2008-10-14, 16:56   Link #88
SethEng
Eating your babies
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to SethEng
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifall View Post
I find it utterly paradoxical that people can say the show was awesome or this was the better of all the others Macross like SDF,DYRL,M plus, M0 and add about Kawamori: This guy can't write a script worth a damn.
[delurks]

It's kinda like George Lucas and Star Wars. A lot of people consider him a genius for his creative vision, but the man can't write a script. He's worse than Kawamori in that regard and someone probably should have taken the writing of the prequel's away from him. I don't think Kawamori has done anything on the level of the travesties that are the so-called Star Wars Prequels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifall View Post
Conclusion : The characters from episode 25 were like Kawamori wanted them to be , and they will be took as they were in the final for the movie. It's rassuring
How do you figure? If Kawamori and Co were satisfied with ending it the way they did, why do a retelling at all? I think it's far more likely that Kawamori just didn't want to give up his original vision even if the story had changed because Sheryl changed. The movie is likely going to be his way of not alienating the massive amounts of Alto x Sheryl folks and tying up the story that had evolved.
SethEng is offline  
Old 2008-10-14, 17:05   Link #89
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Kawamori is an excellent director in a sense that while he isn't what you would call a top-notch script writer, he is open minded enough to cooperate with those who can compensate his shortcomings.

And given Ohnogi's track record, why the hell wouldn't I want him in the job? After all, this man is responsible for creating several most enduring characters in anime today. I need not remind anyone how long both Kira and Lacus have dominated polls.

Although I was kind of disappointed that Mikimoto wasn't on the job

- Tak
__________________
Come join the fun, you know you want to!

World of Tanks/Planes: Tankers, Pilots, Sailors! JOIN US!!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline  
Old 2008-10-14, 17:12   Link #90
Seifall
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
What I find disturbing is that no one I said no one here until recent news said Kawamori couldn't write a script.
But now that people know he didn't know what to do with Sheryl 's character , that's it, he can't write a good script....



The movie is likely going to be his way of not alienating the massive amounts of Alto x Sheryl folks and tying up the story that had evolved.

I really think you're wrong if you think it's just about Alto x Sheryl folks. He will do the same with Ranka x Alto folks.
I really must say to all people here that the popularity for Alto x Sheryl in japan is not far away in advance from Alto x Ranka's one.
It's not because, you see that here in this forum, all people are rooting for Alto x Sheryl that it's the case in japan.....
Really, Alto x Ranka 's fan opinion will too play a role in the movie.
I sense that people here think Sheryl is loved and better she has a huge fanbase so the movie will not let her down her with her love story.
This is absolutely wrong. Her fanbase I think played a role towards the end of the serie and with Kawamori but to say it will balance the continuation of the movie in favour of some fan and not the others, I am sure it will not.
Seifall is offline  
Old 2008-10-14, 17:23   Link #91
SethEng
Eating your babies
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to SethEng
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifall View Post
I really think you're wrong if you think it's just about Alto x Sheryl folks. He will do the same with Ranka x Alto folks.
But you see, he didn't change the show for Ranka's character, he did change the show for Sheryl's character and because of the fan reaction to Sheryl. He's not just going to make a movie and probably change the ending because he was satisfied with the way the show ended. I mean, the ending was his original vision, sure, but it doesn't fit with the changes. What does fit is an Alto x Sheryl ending, because that's where the story had gone. That's why the ending felt so disjointed to so many people.

I mean sure, he might still go harem end or whatever in the movie, but I doubt it. It just doesn't fit and Kawamori is a better storyteller than that.
SethEng is offline  
Old 2008-10-14, 17:26   Link #92
kujoe
from head to heel
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifall View Post
What I find disturbing is that no one I said no one here until recent news said Kawamori couldn't write a script.
But now that people know he didn't know what to do with Sheryl 's character , that's it, he can't write a good script....
It's typical fan reaction, one that makes sense considering that information wasn't available at the time.

Looking it at another way, it's the same as Ranka fans crying foul when they thought that Kawamori betrayed them and was unfair to the Ranka, when in truth he really was trying to cope with certain aspects of her character.
kujoe is offline  
Old 2008-10-14, 18:05   Link #93
Seifall
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by SethEng View Post
But you see, he didn't change the show for Ranka's character, he did change the show for Sheryl's character and because of the fan reaction to Sheryl.
I agree if you talk about Ohnogi here.
he didn't change the show for Ranka's character, he did change the show for Sheryl's character
What I want to say is that I knew during the serie that Kawamori wasn't the one who made Sheryl change that much but didn't really know it was from 18 to 24 and thought it was Yoshino.
Ohnogi did change the show for Sheryl from 18 to 24 and focused on her and her love story with Alto.
Kawamori sent Ranka to her " journey of discovery" and let her in Ohnogi's hands like Kawamori said it.
But really, who seriously think they bring something and totally change Ranka's character from 18 to 24 ???????!!!!
This is a joke. Ranka had more change of character in episode 12 than she had from 18 to 24. I see here all Sheryl's fan who are annoyed with the end : Sheryl didn't get her Alto and she was slapped by Ranka.....
But can you all imagine what is it for Ranka's supporters to expect a big change for Ranka who is supposed to be the heroine of the show, and instead of that seeing her take her leave, with a story which now cares more to developp Sheryl and Alto's relationship than Ranka's growth ???? !!!!
We only saw Ranka with Brera in space or a piece of memory for her ....
So Kawamori gave his scenario expecting Ranka will grow more and at the end of the 24 we saw what compared to Sheryl's metamorphosis ??!! Nothing! Nothing!!!
We got to see Sheryl and Alto's lovey dovey moments in a lot of minutes in episode 23, her and him intimate for again some minutes in 22, again her and him in 24 and Ranka got what ?! A scene with her parting from Brera ? Her belly glowing ? Her remembering of her memories ? So where went the so called " journey discovery" here ? huh?! Nowhere because Sheryl and Alto's moment erased the chance for Ranka to have a proper change.
So since the beginning you know Ranka will change like they made Sheryl changed but all that was replaced by some lovey dovey moments ?
This is what I call being trick and hard


Quote:
He's not just going to make a movie and probably change the ending because he was satisfied with the way the show ended. I mean, the ending was his original vision, sure, but it doesn't fit with the changes. What does fit is an Alto x Sheryl ending, because that's where the story had gone. That's why the ending felt so disjointed to so many people.
For me, it felt more disjointed due to the inequity of the characters 's growth.

Quote:
I mean sure, he might still go harem end or whatever in the movie, but I doubt it. It just doesn't fit and Kawamori is a better storyteller than that.
You sure are optimistic . I really expect more for the developpent of the characters than the love end since I really am disappointed to see how Sheryl could change and have a proper love story next to Ranka who was completely put aside until the final episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
It's typical fan reaction, one that makes sense considering that information wasn't available at the time.
So you're saying me that just because Kawamori didn't have a high opinion of Sheryl's character that it's justified to say he can't write a script ?
Well this is disturbing.

Quote:
Looking it at another way, it's the same as Ranka fans crying foul when they thought that Kawamori betrayed them and was unfair to the Ranka, when in truth he really was trying to cope with certain aspects of her character.
Who said that ?
Ranka's fan , not here did say they feel betrayed about the love triangle since we thought it was on the bag, but it had nothing to do with Ranka's character.
And honestly, you could tell even during the air of the serie that Kawamori wasn't the one who stopped Ranka's change to focus instead in Alto and Sheryl's relationship.
It was obvious since we all knew Ranka was Kawamori's main female character since the beginning. She had the lead role next to Alto and Brera.
Kawamori couldn't have let her down like it was done from 18 to 24.
That's why you can see a little improvement in the final episode, for Ranka's character but it's still nothing compared to Sheryl's one.
Seifall is offline  
Old 2008-10-14, 18:23   Link #94
kujoe
from head to heel
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifall View Post
So you're saying me that just because Kawamori didn't have a high opinion of Sheryl's character that it's justified to say he can't write a script ?
Well this is disturbing.
The words may be too strong, but that's just your typical case of disappointment.

And no, Kawamori does have a good opinion about Sheryl. He does like the changes that were made after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifall
Who said that ?
Ranka's fan , not here did say they feel betrayed about the love triangle since we thought it was on the bag, but it had nothing to do with Ranka's character.
You did.

Perhaps I was wrong to generalize all Ranka fans, but the one who said this was you.

And I'm not so much talking about the triangle, since you were mostly referring to how her character was treated.
kujoe is offline  
Old 2008-10-14, 18:51   Link #95
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifall
since we thought it was on the bag
Did ya really think it was gonna be that easy? If the last episode was Hippiemori's original intention? Har. Had it been, then he is no Kawamori.

With or without Sheryl's popularity and/or changes, he was going to have us trolled anyway. That is confirmed based on an interview long, long time ago. Come on now, its his bloody dream. A major let down for the rest of us, but its a dream for the old geezer.

But... once he got Ohnogi to write the script, he poked a huge arse hole in that bag of yours...

Never mind that letting Ranka fans have it in the bag would kill everyone's character development, and make every character surrounding her look like untrustworthy, two-faced assholes.

- Tak
__________________
Come join the fun, you know you want to!

World of Tanks/Planes: Tankers, Pilots, Sailors! JOIN US!!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Last edited by Tak; 2008-10-14 at 19:37.
Tak is offline  
Old 2008-10-14, 21:24   Link #96
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifall
So where went the so called " journey discovery" here ?
If you have to ask that, then it means you didn't understand what Episode 21's message to Ranka was, and why it was a necessary move in the way Ranka's character was set up in the previous episodes. Kawamori and team's version of the innocent Ranka Lee turned out to be completely different than what they expected; she needed to fly away from the shackles of her innocence and naivete that bound her down to Alto.

Ranka: "I'm fine. I feel so happy now, but... I feel sad too. That's just how I feel."

Sending Ranka away was a necessary move to salvage her character. She had already shown she was taking the right steps in moving on her own direction instead of depending on Alto so much, and this is emphasized later on, as Ozma drew a parallel between him and Ranka, when he followed his direction to save his 'women', and Ranka followed hers in pursuit of her own truth.

Kawamori has already admitted the initial character concept for Ranka turned out to be different, much like Sheryl's did.

There is no use going on and on about "Kawamori didn't plan this for Sheryl" because it wasn't just Kawamori, it was the whole team that brought Macross Frontier together. If Kawamori hit a block, then he consults other people, Ohnogi, Mikimoto (who incidentally happened to be his old university friends, and Ohnogi who wrote the scripts for SDF-Macross) so I suggest you give this Kawamori issue a rest as there is no need to sound like you know everything within the production team when you actually don't. Cheers.
cheesie is offline  
Old 2008-10-14, 22:33   Link #97
BetoJR
... suki ...
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
Age: 36
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
There is no use going on and on about "Kawamori didn't plan this for Sheryl" because it wasn't just Kawamori, it was the whole team that brought Macross Frontier together. If Kawamori hit a block, then he consults other people, Ohnogi, Mikimoto (who incidentally happened to be his old university friends, and Ohnogi who wrote the scripts for SDF-Macross) so I suggest you give this Kawamori issue a rest as there is no need to sound like you know everything within the production team when you actually don't. Cheers.
QFT.
This is an even more inane discussion than the Fairy/Nymph/Whatever debacle. We can go around in circles all we want, but we cannot presume to know whatever went through the production team's collective minds, at all - unless they tell us. So, I say we should give it a rest and discuss the things that we can actually grasp.
__________________
It's always a great time to immerse yourself in Deculture love!
All hail the Empress!!!

BetoJR is offline  
Old 2008-10-15, 01:17   Link #98
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 38
Well, after reading that translation, it seems that Kawamori just wants to leave things as ambiguos as possible, because apparently he doesnīt like conclusions. That doesnīt give me hopes for the movie. Hey, Tak, organize the resistance over there in Japan!

Just to translate the answer which made me the most furious, because I hate such wishy-washy politician shit:

Q: This was the reason because of which you concluded the triangle like this?

A: Why should we put aside the alternatives which present itself? Why take the left or the right and express it on screen in such a complex love triangle? Actually there are a lot of combinations if you just examine what both girls lived through. Even I got my own interpretation and the viewers got theirs, so I believe that the manner in which I concluded the triangle makes it more interesting.


Iīd translate it all, if I had time, but I have to go to work and after work there is patch 3.0.2 for World of Warcraft... Iīm sure the Japanese speaking people here will do a better translation anyway, than me translating the Spanish translation to English. ^^
__________________
magnuskn is offline  
Old 2008-10-15, 03:31   Link #99
BetoJR
... suki ...
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
Age: 36
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkplataform View Post
Well, actually you can make more than presume, just need to translate the next 2 of 3 parts from the kawamori's interview.
That's why I said we can only presume unless they tell us.

Thanks for the interview links, tho.
__________________
It's always a great time to immerse yourself in Deculture love!
All hail the Empress!!!

BetoJR is offline  
Old 2008-10-15, 05:19   Link #100
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 38
Iīve got a breather at work, so Iīm going to quickly translate the ( for me ) relevant parts of the interview.

Q: We were very preoccupied with the development and conclusion of the triangle.

A: You know, it is the eternal debate for a triangle. So I looked for it. For one part you had two person with a profound intimacy, for the other there wasnīt a solid sensation
( I wonder who he might be talking about? ). People look for the feeling of a conclusion, but for a triangle with such complex relations as we had shown, I felt that the viewers had to know that same sense of complexity. The world of today lives a sensation of conclusion, but a relation is difficult to end, much less so if it is about two divas ( laughs ). I think it was a an enormous obstacle to end it.

Q: We loved seeing the progress of this love story, the public supported both of them and weīd love to see the future of this relationship with you presented to us.

A: I think that this was the very best. Besides, both idols had good music so that made it more difficult ( laughs )! That is what I referred to when I said that the viewers should feel that complexity. Only drawing the scene under any song didnīt make it any easier.
( I donīt get what the hell he is talking about, to be honest... he didnīt answer the question at all. )

Q: This was the reason because of which you concluded the triangle like this?

A: Why should we put aside the alternatives which present itself? Why take the left or the right and express it on screen in such a complex love triangle? Actually there are a lot of combinations if you just examine what both girls lived through. Even I got my own interpretation and the viewers got theirs, so I believe that the manner in which I concluded the triangle makes it more interesting.


About Sheryl:

I liked Sheryl. Thatīs to say, at the beginning we looked for a "strong and combative" character. Later I got the idea to make her an older sister to Ranka. But I discovered something incredible: Her strength and her fragility gave us a beautiful opportunity to make a delicious mixture. At the beginning we improvised and then looking at the woman we got, I called upon someone to make that mixture. At the beginning I hated her, although I recognize that she has a very pretty face. Nonetheless, I was wrong and we corrected those steps. Her dialogue voice and her musical voice, Aya Endo and May'n, transformed into a unique voice and defined her. Thanks to both of them, the balance of those two voices sounded very good to me. At the end I was fascinated by her and she made me smile. And we then decided to show the viewers her form of fighting.

Thatīs all, the rest is about the production, etc. The guys at Macrossworld can do that.
__________________
magnuskn is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:35.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.