AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Old 2010-02-13, 07:34   Link #241
Knightrunner

Do you think that people would be more satisfied if they didn't introduce Yomi as the first boss in the first arc?

I think some people are tired of yomi coming back to life so I think if the author would have introduced her later then that will solve coming back from the dead 3 times repetition.
Knightrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 08:07   Link #242
Knightrunner

Who else thought Kensuke was a shallow character at first?
Old 2010-02-13, 08:45   Link #243
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
Who else thought Kensuke was a shallow character at first?
Your typical male lead. Didn't bother me, but I kinda felt he became more of an observer than an active member in the latter part of the series.
What really got to me was butterfly boy, who ended up being lame despite being the fag that ruined everything in the first place.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 08:49   Link #244
Iggy_Pop

Can somebody tell me when did Ga-rei start becoming popular? From what I see there was already scanlation since 2006
Iggy_Pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 13:53   Link #245
straferd
Toushi

I guess it became popular when the anime was released

Goddess: Kan'u
Favourites: 1. Lucy 2. Revy 3. Yomi 4. Nina Wng 5. Jo 6. Teresa 7. Saber 8. Shiki 9. Alphard 10. Chidori 11. Sousuke 12. Shana 13. Yin 14. Natsuki
straferd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 23:59   Link #246
Knightrunner

Old 2010-02-14, 03:34   Link #247
Knightrunner

Old 2010-02-15, 15:12   Link #248
Knightrunner

What do you guys think about Kagura after she lost almost all her memories?
Old 2010-02-23, 15:42   Link #249
wingman32x

Quote:
What do you guys think about Kagura after she lost almost all her memories?
I personally liked the Kagura before the memory loss better. That whole memory loss arc was a joke IMO.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 15:08   Link #250
Kunagisa
赤緑黒白

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
I personally liked the Kagura before the memory loss better. That whole memory loss arc was a joke IMO.
I agree with this, but I wouldn't say it's a total joke. Then again, I'm pretty immune to memory loss; I used to hate it so much because it's like a reset of the story, but the usual "I REMEMBER NOW" moment either concludes in happy end or total tragedy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
Spoiler:

@karuroso:
Probably doesn't mean anything more than "they're watching over you". I wouldn't read into it since that dead horse has been beaten.

After the BDs that'll probably be the last that we'll see of the series. Oh, and the Figma.
This is true ...

Spoiler for last page of 52:

Could see some H-doujin artist being creative with this set up @__@, but let's not go there~

Ending sucked, but really it did what it had to do. Yomi didn't get KO'ed totally, so I'm fine with that. It's not a perfect ending, yet not a shitty one (I totally expected her to die). In one aspect, the character developments are rather nicely finished, so I'm content with it.

On another note ... Tokyo ESP has like THE SAME DAMN CHARACTER DESIGN, not that I hate them but it's rather ... at least the premise looks fun.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-27, 05:41   Link #251
Knightrunner

Do you think that people would be more satisfied if they didn't introduce Yomi as the first boss in the first arc?

Chapter 47 just got translated by Maigo's. Read it and give opinions everbody.
Old 2010-02-27, 05:53   Link #252
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:

Chapter 47 just got translated by Maigo's. Read it and give opinions everbody.
All things considered now, yes. At the very least, the approach the first arc went with the entire Yomi story wasn't... appropriate. The concept wasn't bad, but the approach towards it wasn't sound.

Though I can't really blame Segawa, he probably never expected that 4 years down the road it would all come back to this.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-27, 11:30   Link #253
wingman32x

No...Izuna!!!!

He was so awesome! I really liked the way he died though. It was so when he talked about time standing still after Yomi died . It'll be interesting to see what Yomi's going to do.

And wow! Shizuru getting her fingers cut off kind of surprised me. I never thought these guys were going to rough up the main cast as bad as they did.

All in all, a surprisingly depressing chapter. IDK about you guys, but I sure as hell felt bummed out seeing my favorite characters getting absolutely destroyed and losing body parts...
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-27, 23:44   Link #254
Knightrunner

To answer my previous question I think if yomi was introduced later people will not complain about her being revived to many times. It will only make one revival thanks to the anime but the author couldn't have read the future.

Yea, it was depressing to see our favorite characters getting pwn by f.. up people from the special govt. It is kind of scary that these four divas are going to be the main head leaders. The future leaders are going to be corrupt too in this world. No wonder the exercist society is so narrow minded. lol last chapter when yomi, nori, kagura, and team are gather up i thought they can beat these people with ease and pwn them but it was the other way around.
Old 2010-02-28, 00:57   Link #255
Knightrunner

I just rememberd the isayama household and izuna household do not really have any great heirs to the throne now.
Old 2010-02-28, 01:02   Link #256
Bombo
TSF Fans

Geez...,y favorite char dead...sad
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-28, 08:53   Link #257
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
Your typical male lead. Didn't bother me, but I kinda felt he became more of an observer than an active member in the latter part of the series.
What really got to me was butterfly boy, who ended up being lame despite being the fag that ruined everything in the first place.
I'd always liked Kensuke from the beginning and didn't bother with the silly Bleach comparisons. Though I didn't see enough development for him, he is a pretty developed character, and his reactions to his situation are fairly realistic. He takes on a more watcher/support role later on, but that doesn't mean he doesn't affect the goings-on of the story as a protagonist.

As for Mitogawa, you don't really have to be super strong to fuck stuff up royally, and that's just what he did. To be honest, the world of exorcists in this story was a bridge just waiting to collapse eventually, what with the cold, heartless rules and the way they treat each other. Shit would've hit the fan soon enough.

Thanks to kira_lacusXX for this great sig!
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-28, 15:59   Link #258
KLGChaos
The Shermain

I think the memory loss followed the return of Yomi (again!) was a bit much.

As I said on OM, the only real issue I had with Kensuke was his constant whining about how he wasn't strong enough to protect Kagura (he said it quite a bit), yet he never actually did anything to get stronger. He stayed pretty much stagnant as a character throughout the series.
Old 2010-03-01, 02:01   Link #259
Knightrunner

Did anyone notice that Nori in Chapter 47 looked like Kensuke? Yea, I wish Kensuke would practice his swordsmanship to get stronger but at least his heart is in the right place.
Old 2010-03-14, 03:17   Link #260
Knightrunner

I didn't know that Nu is considered the third strongest spiritual beast.

Tags
action, shounen