AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2009-08-01, 01:09   Link #121
RahX

It is a monthly manga...

the latest raw available it's the 45th chapter which was released at the end of June...

I haven't seen the 46 chapter online yet, so I'm not sure if the author took a break or not...

As for myself, being a manga reader I don't really feel that thrilled about Yomi being back once again, on the contrary, to me it felt more like " again her??"...since I thought that everything about Yomi was resolved in the first arc of the manga...
The last chapter was fun to read, especially with Kagura and Kensuke acting like a new couple with Yomi interrupting their "happy moments"...
RahX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 08:48   Link #122
disposablehero92
the guy with the gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahX View Post
It is a monthly manga...

the latest raw available it's the 45th chapter which was released at the end of June...

I haven't seen the 46 chapter online yet, so I'm not sure if the author took a break or not...

As for myself, being a manga reader I don't really feel that thrilled about Yomi being back once again, on the contrary, to me it felt more like " again her??"...since I thought that everything about Yomi was resolved in the first arc of the manga...
The last chapter was fun to read, especially with Kagura and Kensuke acting like a new couple with Yomi interrupting their "happy moments"...
thanks, i knew about 45, but i didn't know when it came out

and that's exactly how i feel about yomi too, since i thought that her death for the second time would allow kagura to actually move forward, like the dude with the scars said at the end of the anime, he said something about 'since she killed her most important person she could never have another important person again,' but as we see after she killed yomi in the manga she id just that, kensuke replaced yomi, but not one a sister relation ship this time. i kind of wish yomi's story ended with that second death,

disposablehero92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 12:49   Link #123
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by disposablehero92 View Post
'since she killed her most important person she could never have another important person again,' but as we see after she killed yomi in the manga she id just that, kensuke replaced yomi, but not one a sister relation ship this time. i kind of wish yomi's story ended with that second death,
This is nonsense. I mean, why can't she have more that one important person? Besides, Kensuke is a love interest and Yomi a sister-like figure. These relationships are pretty different so I don't think she needs to exclude one to have the other. She can have both no problem.
Old 2009-08-01, 15:16   Link #124
disposablehero92
the guy with the gun

watch the anime i swear! cross my heart..... here i'l send you a pm with the link to the vid in particular and a time frame that he says it, i cite my sources good sir, please don't belittle me!

Old 2009-08-01, 15:32   Link #125
Kazu-kun

Quote:
watch the anime i swear! cross my heart..... here i'l send you a pm with the link to the vid in particular and a time frame that he says it, i cite my sources good sir, please don't belittle me!
Sorry I wasn't clear enough. I know that guy said that in the anime series (I watched the series). Regardless, it is still nonsense. Kagura can have both Kensuke and Yomi. I don't see any problem with that.
Old 2009-08-01, 15:40   Link #126
disposablehero92
the guy with the gun

but the symbolism is what i'm going for, and it's true, she was sort of closed off until yomi's second death, so what he said was true.

I'll add this, i SEE yomi as a sisterly figure, but I'm not sure of Izumi, as she is a different person to yomi and met kagura under different circumstance there is a possibility of Yuri, also i will say the real yomi has yet to realy come out, she did of course in chapter 40, and look what happens... that monster was made by her aura or miasma, or what ever you want to describe it as, she is still evil as far as i can tell, and will only protect kagura, she even attacked kensuke and that girl when she met them right off the bat. so.... kagura want to protect yomi, but she has been interacting with izumi, remember they are two people, and it was izumi's body first, she still has most control, knowing this i believe that this arc will truly begin when yomi comes out in full, and if i'm right and she's still evil what then? will kagura have to kill her again? that could be worse then the first time she killed her, or will it be kensuke to kill her? what about their relation ship if he killed yomi? all questions i have.

Last edited by disposablehero92; 2009-08-01 at 16:00.
Old 2009-08-01, 16:06   Link #127
Kazu-kun

Quote:
nowing this i believe that this arc will truly begin when yomi comes out in full, and if i'm right and she's still evil what then? will kagura have to kill her again? that could be worse then the first time she killed her, or will it be kensuke to kill her? what about their relation ship if he killed yomi? all questions i have.
Ah, you don't read raws.... My bad, sorry. I read raws, and I'm up to chapter 45, so I already know the answer to pretty much all your questions but... well, I don't want to spoil you so I suppose we'll have to leave this conversation until you've read all the chapters.
Old 2009-08-01, 16:17   Link #128
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Ah, you don't read raws.... My bad, sorry. I read raws, and I'm up to chapter 45, so I already know the answer to pretty much all your questions but... well, I don't want to spoil you so I suppose we'll have to leave this conversation until you've read all the chapters.
Please spoil me about the reason how Yomi comes back and her relation with Izumi. I have watched up to latest raw but I can't read Japanese. T_T And also who are those strange dudes from Naraku?
Old 2009-08-01, 16:36   Link #129
disposablehero92
the guy with the gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
i read but can't read raws (figure that one out...lol)

i can't read the words, but i can guses at the pictures and that easy enough, but i base my knowledge of 41-45 on the pictures and what people talk about on other websites, the people who explain whats going on are usually correct and what they say is consistent across the board so i can usually trust them on whats going on...

Old 2009-08-02, 11:19   Link #130
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Seriously...Yomi's like Sephiroth for Cloud(at least without the love-love thingy). She comes back every time and tortures Kagura with it.
Well, not exactly, but there's many similarities between Sephiroth and Yomi's character description and roles(not the personalities. Sadistic mother complex megalomaniac guy and a big sister-like character's quite different in terms of attitude.)

Not as if I would mind it...
EDIT: I watched the raws
Spoiler for Yomi:

Last edited by willyvereb; 2009-08-02 at 12:59.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 17:12   Link #131
disposablehero92
the guy with the gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
EDIT: I watched the raws
Spoiler for Yomi:
read the English chapter 40 on onemanga.com, when yomi cam out she had the same aura as she had when she was a evil spirit, kensuke comments n how much that aura scares him.....and that big spider was made by her (by accident) when yomi took over.... so far up to ch40 it hadn't been yomi but the look alike izumi.

Old 2009-08-02, 17:49   Link #132
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Well...I spoke about the following ones. The scanlations are lagging behind a bit. The latest one you can read is 45-46th chapter. I know it's somewhat spoiling myself, but I'm generally resistant to it(the spoilers) anyways.
Old 2009-08-04, 22:53   Link #133
disposablehero92
the guy with the gun

please spoil it for me, if you can answer my questions from earlier than do so please....i don't mind

Old 2009-08-09, 12:35   Link #134
disposablehero92
the guy with the gun

OK so i have something i want to ask. i saw the raws for chapter 45, i understand that kagura has her full memories back, what i want to know, is why was there a temporary truce between the s evil guys and the others? also i have no idea what kagura said after she woke up, it seemed dramatic and all but i'm clueless on what was said , so could anyone fill me in?

Old 2009-08-09, 12:53   Link #135
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Put those things in spoiler please.
Spoiler:
Old 2009-08-09, 13:30   Link #136
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahX View Post
I
You can blame the anime for making her popular, so popular that the Author bring her back from the dead & the anime fans rejoice with tears of joy!
Old 2009-08-10, 08:01   Link #137
zato_1one

That can't be helped because Yomi is that great really.

But looking on the other side, it can be interpreted that no other character is good enough to replace her. I'm not sure if it's a good thing though.
Old 2009-08-10, 11:02   Link #138
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Well, Yomi's return makes Kagura to open up her closed heart more and it eventually propels her relationship with Kensuke forward(even if Kagura's a target of love triangle thanks to that)
Old 2009-08-10, 12:49   Link #139
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
even if Kagura's a target of love triangle thanks to that
Don't know where you got this idea from but there's no love triangle.
Old 2009-08-10, 13:04   Link #140
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Well...it not exactly that but Yomi's overprotective to Kagura. I guess Kensuke has a hard time to make her accept him as Kagura's boyfriend. But I used love triangle because of Izumi. Izumi had a crush on Kagura and without the translations I have a hard time even guessing Yomi's acting like a big sister or a bit more than that.

Tags
action, shounen