AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-10-29, 06:52   Link #41
Molenir

Different tastes is all, I don't see how you can like them...
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 06:58   Link #42
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urei View Post
Well, certainly this anime gives some nostalgic Kaiji vibes. I hope it will go in a different path though. Kaiji was a good anime but I simply can't picture the same thing happening in baseball. It's understandable to a degree but it's a very thin line after which it all starts to become... silly.
Yeah, but Akagi was totally unrealistic since he was like GOD of gambling.. Kaiji too, had stupid luck and it was borderline silly. But that's really not the point of these shows. They're supposed to be unrealistic, over the top and just a whole character study on how awesome the main leads are, even if they lose or go near total defeat. Personally, I think they're onto a brand new genre here and a really good one. Sometimes I just don't want to bother with the archetypal stories that casts the normal ensemble of characters too much. I hope One Outs doesn't become too generic and instead focuses on the 'gambling anime' feel of focusing on Toua.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 10:43   Link #43
usagijen

I personally find this series reminiscent of Akagi more than Kaiji, and since I found Akagi a lot more enjoyable and awesome than Kaiji, that's a great thing :P

This show is mindfuckingly awesome, and it saddens me that not much people are giving this the attention it deserves, so now we see a scarcity of fansubbers working on this

Mentioned more of my thoughts (and some random lulz) in my One Outs post. Not sure if that will get more people into this, but it won't hurt to try I guess xD
Old 2008-10-31, 18:05   Link #44
Aceywacey
Shadow Priest

Send a message via ICQ to Aceywacey
I didn't think I'd like a baseball anime so much, but damn this show is getting to be more exciting than other more popular shows out there at the moment...
Aceywacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 04:47   Link #45
shomazta
imataco
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to shomazta Send a message via MSN to shomazta Send a message via Yahoo to shomazta Send a message via Skype™ to shomazta
Quote:
Originally Posted by usagijen View Post
I personally find this series reminiscent of Akagi more than Kaiji, and since I found Akagi a lot more enjoyable and awesome than Kaiji, that's a great thing :P

This show is mindfuckingly awesome, and it saddens me that not much people are giving this the attention it deserves, so now we see a scarcity of fansubbers working on this
Can't agree with you more. This show is just too fucking good. I've never gotten into an animation as much as this one... well maybe Major at some parts, but this is so good I can't explain my feelings in words. Not watching this show simply because you think "eww, baseball" or "eww, more crappy Kaiji artwork" or "lots of dialogue I can't keep up with because my brain is too slow to keep up with my eyes and I'd rather be ignorant and only watch moe loli shows" should be considered a sin. Forget Casshern Sins, we've now got Phailure SINS...

Seriously, those of you not watching this series simply fail... no... phail... you've committed a great sin. But hey, don't take offense:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molenir View Post
Different tastes is all, I don't see how you can like them...
Seriously though, if you haven't seen the show at all... don't bother commenting on it at all

As far as the "scarcity of fansubbers" is concerned, B2E is plenty enough and aside from them I know of a few other groups that are currently working on the series and should be seeing releases in the near future. So all is well, yay for the potential oversubbing of this once un/under-subbed show

Good blog entry by the way, usagijen.
Old 2008-11-09, 22:49   Link #46
kamikazex

i dont like baseball either but come on this is too entertaining
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 17:00   Link #47
neoeagle

This Anime is fucking unreal.Who is the script writer? is there a manga?

Unreal.I haven't enjoyed anime like this since AKAGI.

Watching:One Outs,Tales of abyss,Gundam 00 S2,Index,Toradora, Casshern,Kurozuka
neoeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 22:40   Link #48
Lostdreams

most unreal anime ever, but really freaking exciting. Most underrated anime out this year. Kinda like Mushi-shi.
Lostdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 03:17   Link #49
Gin456

I amn’t baseball fan.Can I enjoy it?
Gin456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 04:00   Link #50
ddwkc
Lone Wolf

Send a message via MSN to ddwkc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdreams View Post
most unreal anime ever, but really freaking exciting. Most underrated anime out this year. Kinda like Mushi-shi.
I totally agree with you. Damn only three pages of replies. I hope that word of mouth starts helping this show.
Eo tempore mortem cognovi
ddwkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 06:30   Link #51
Yong

Just watched episode 5 and I loved it.

I love this anime and I love the pacing of the episodes. There is always something happening

This is kinda like when History's strongest disciple came out. No one was watching that series at first but then it eventually attracted alot of people. I hope the same thing happens for this show.
Yong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 07:15   Link #52
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I really, really, really, REALLY want to see someone like Toua go against any of the other anime hero/heroine pitchers of Touch, Princess Nine, Major and Ookiku.

The mindgame WAR that'll happen... so amazing..
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 07:17   Link #53
kamikazex

lol seriously. that'd be awesome
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 08:56   Link #54
Yong

That would be cool. But I think that Toua is much more mentally above the other pitchers.

Goro for example, does not portrait a real pitcher. He just uses no-brain full power
Yong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-15, 08:18   Link #55
usagijen

Lostdreams said it, One Outs certainly is the most underrated anime of 2008, pfft. Not that it'll affect our enjoyment of this anime, though it'll be great to see more people give this a shot! Just to make it clear to all people who are still hesitating to watch this, you need not be a fan of baseball to enjoy this, as other members have already said. I don't think you even need to be a fan of gambling per se, which I also explained in this post. Would love to hear your feedback on that, since most people who read it just ran off without saying anything lol.

As for SuperKnuckles' idea, I agree that it'll be cool, but I'm imagining scenes where most of the baseball players in Touch, Major and Oofuri will run off crying in fear of Toa haha (haven't seen Princess Nine so I can't comment on that) XD
Old 2008-11-16, 04:38   Link #56
zzeroparticle
NEET

Send a message via AIM to zzeroparticle
Well, I don't think there are many shows that can make me excited about baseball, but this one has managed to do it. Part of the appeal comes from me getting easily irritated when I see an incompetent organization, so to see Toua go in there and really shake things up with his blunt comments towards the team and be absolutely spot-on with his remarks earns a thumbs up from me. He schemes, battles ridiculous odds, and delivers every time, without caring much about being tactful, but he gets results. And when he does, that's when you just really want to stand up and cheer.

As you can probably tell, I'm happy with the way this series is going and I do hope they can maintain the sheer addictiveness of it.
zzeroparticle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 21:04   Link #57
Lostdreams

I just saw episode 5 subbed, going on to ep 6 raw. I have to say that Tokuchi is a major badass!!!
Lostdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 12:03   Link #58
AkatsukisApprentice
Akatsuki's Apprentice

I have a feeling this might be one of my favourite series this year I am loving this show so far...ep 6 is awesome!

Can someone let me know who did the music in the OP song? I really want to get this great music track.

Edit: I saw in the Op sequence [B u r y] Pay money To my Pain. I am going to google it

Edit 2: YES!!! GOT IT! Time to buy it!

Edit 3: Sigh...their cd isn't out yet

Edit 4: Ooooh they have other good songs too!! http://www.myspace.com/paymoneytomypain

Last edited by AkatsukisApprentice; 2008-11-20 at 12:27. Reason: might of found the op song
AkatsukisApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 18:17   Link #59
zzeroparticle
NEET

Send a message via AIM to zzeroparticle
Episode 6 was decent. I think the show in general is just better when Toua is doing the talking because his dialogue tends to be the best out of all the other cast members, especially when he decides to just be blunt about the situation. When it's other people talking, the show just doesn't have the same level of badassery and though we got a good outside perspective into Toua's mind, this episode still was just a standard mind battles episode, which is a step down from the previous episodes thus far.
zzeroparticle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 19:27   Link #60
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
extremely over dramatized baseball... can't say I can get into this...

Tags
gambling, seinen, sports