AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-01-06, 01:35   Link #2001
Marikina
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherudim Arche View Post
Are you referring to Zwei blocking then slicing through the beam saber of Ein.
Yeah, that one.
Marikina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 05:02   Link #2002
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hot Non-Winter Place
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
I don't see why not Zwei's Buster Sword does not count as a blade.

It's big,it's sharp and it's laced with GN particles.



About the GN saber and blade discussion.I remember reading somewhere(I'm trying to remember) that mentioned that beam sabers do more damage than solid GN laced swords on average.It was just a short statement from a passage,probably from a Gunpla's instruction.

However,solid GN Swords seem to consume much less particles while at the same time have the ability to penetrate through GN Fields.As for how they do againts each other,it seems to be pretty relative to the situation as we've since solid cut through beam(Zwei vs Eins as mentioned above) and beam cutting through solids(Ahead vs Exia,Garozzo vs 00) and even draws.

And solid might have the momentum advantage of GN particles reducing the weight of the sword,though I've olny heard this is effective for the GN Buster Sword where Zwei would turn off the weight reduction while swinging for more momentum,not sure whether the other solid swords benefit from this as much since they're not as heavy like Exia's GN Blades/GN Sword and 00's GN Sword II.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 05:55   Link #2003
astranagun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hinamizawa
Age: 29
Does it say somewhere if the shield bits have a GN condenser considering they are able to stay Trans-Am-ed even after leaving Cherudim for a good while?
astranagun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 11:09   Link #2004
LordStrike
Gundam Meister
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: USA-Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
I don't see why not Zwei's Buster Sword does not count as a blade.

It's big,it's sharp and it's laced with GN particles.



About the GN saber and blade discussion.I remember reading somewhere(I'm trying to remember) that mentioned that beam sabers do more damage than solid GN laced swords on average.It was just a short statement from a passage,probably from a Gunpla's instruction.

However,solid GN Swords seem to consume much less particles while at the same time have the ability to penetrate through GN Fields.As for how they do againts each other,it seems to be pretty relative to the situation as we've since solid cut through beam(Zwei vs Eins as mentioned above) and beam cutting through solids(Ahead vs Exia,Garozzo vs 00) and even draws.

And solid might have the momentum advantage of GN particles reducing the weight of the sword,though I've olny heard this is effective for the GN Buster Sword where Zwei would turn off the weight reduction while swinging for more momentum,not sure whether the other solid swords benefit from this as much since they're not as heavy like Exia's GN Blades/GN Sword and 00's GN Sword II.
i believe is the amount of GN particles that the sword has i bet it can change so it will consume less amount of GN particles depending of the movement or maybe the use that is being given


Quote:
Originally Posted by astranagun View Post
Does it say somewhere if the shield bits have a GN condenser considering they are able to stay Trans-Am-ed even after leaving Cherudim for a good while?
i bet they have Gn condensers as they bits also have fire power
__________________
LordStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 11:58   Link #2005
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherudim Arche View Post
Are you referring to Zwei blocking then slicing through the beam saber of Ein.
? Zwei didn't slice through the beam saber.

Ali parried using the flat of the blade then flipped the blade to get under Eins beam saber.
__________________
Sig removed by Mod (xris) because at 65,726 bytes it exceeds the limits as requested in the forum rules.
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 15:06   Link #2006
Cherudim Arche
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
? Zwei didn't slice through the beam saber.

Ali parried using the flat of the blade then flipped the blade to get under Eins beam saber.
It did block it though, just by using the other side reverse of the blade. I would admit, I got the slicing part wrong, so thanks for clarifying.
Cherudim Arche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 21:06   Link #2007
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hot Non-Winter Place
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Hmm,it seems like beam can cut solids but solids can't cut beams,at least we've not seen any yet.


I guess nothing can cut beam sabers.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 00:22   Link #2008
Double 120%
Double Your Fun
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
I guess nothing can cut beam sabers.
Double 120% is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 02:07   Link #2009
RDF2050
Gundam Meister
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Hmm,it seems like beam can cut solids but solids can't cut beams,at least we've not seen any yet.


I guess nothing can cut beam sabers.


Depending of the GN particles output of the Gundam/Mobile suit the Beam sabers can be cuut or cut.
RDF2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 03:00   Link #2010
LoweGear
Kuso Teitoku
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 3 times the passion of the usual flamenco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double 120% View Post
And the point of the image? That tween frame is from a scene where the Zwei struggles to overpower the Dynames' beam saber - it never broke through it in animation, otherwise the Dynames would've been toast minutes earlier.
__________________

On Sickness: "Like someone filled my journal with junk data and then set it to defragment and gave me the lowest priority possible."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 03:20   Link #2011
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Hmm,it seems like beam can cut solids but solids can't cut beams,at least we've not seen any yet.


I guess nothing can cut beam sabers.
In the 00 universe, the beam sabers do have ONE weakness. They are unstable when used in an atmospheric environment. The beam sabers work best in the vacuum of space, but otherwise the solid blades are more reliable.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 03:35   Link #2012
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hot Non-Winter Place
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
In the 00 universe, the beam sabers do have ONE weakness. They are unstable when used in an atmospheric environment. The beam sabers work best in the vacuum of space, but otherwise the solid blades are more reliable.
Really?Hmm,they look pretty fine to me even in used in the atmosphere.Though I can definitely see them suffering in the water,though I think Exia used it once there without much problems.


But personally,I do think that solids are more reliable and versatile.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 04:05   Link #2013
Double 120%
Double Your Fun
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
And the point of the image? That tween frame is from a scene where the Zwei struggles to overpower the Dynames' beam saber - it never broke through it in animation, otherwise the Dynames would've been toast minutes earlier.
I completely disagree.

That is clearly not a normal length beam saber. The physical sword already cut into the beam.
Double 120% is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 04:08   Link #2014
KaiDamien
Sua-ve-ke-va
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ve Land
Is that image the starting when Dynames activated his beam saber to block Zwei's blade, if so i can understand why the beam saber's short
KaiDamien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 04:16   Link #2015
Double 120%
Double Your Fun
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiDamien View Post
Is that image the starting when Dynames activated his beam saber to block Zwei's blade, if so i can understand why the beam saber's short
No, Dynames already had his beam saber activated many seconds before the image. This is just one of the many clashes that occurred in the fight.
Double 120% is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 04:17   Link #2016
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Really?Hmm,they look pretty fine to me even in used in the atmosphere.Though I can definitely see them suffering in the water,though I think Exia used it once there without much problems.


But personally,I do think that solids are more reliable and versatile.
Oh, you CAN use them. It's just that CB decided the standard beam sabers be treated as back-up weapons only. They don't want to use them all the time because they could fail unexpectedly; like how the 00 Gundam could fall out of the sky at unpredictable times without the 0-Raiser.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 04:40   Link #2017
KaiDamien
Sua-ve-ke-va
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ve Land
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double 120% View Post
No, Dynames already had his beam saber activated many seconds before the image. This is just one of the many clashes that occurred in the fight.
Ah i see thanks, guess this one of 00's one-moment-animation-and-gone-in-the-next-moment,i always hate it when they do that.
KaiDamien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 06:02   Link #2018
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Permanent retirement from raws-hunting
Age: 29
Not sure if this has been posted yet (kudos to the peeps at mahq for finding it in the first place), but some person spent a certain amount of time studying the concept of orbital elevators
Spoiler for future event hinted at by Mizushima:
__________________
<< -- Click to enter my GFX thread.

-- Permanently retired from the raw-hunting business --
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 07:06   Link #2019
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hot Non-Winter Place
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Spoiler for 00 Spoilers:




By the way,considerong that space is mostly vacuume,aren't all the space batle we have suppose to be almost soundless?

Or sound was added for the benifit of excitement for the audience?
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 07:10   Link #2020
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 34
I don't think there is any need to "dramatize" anything if the Elevator fails.

The loss of ALL ENERGY ON EARTH would immediately cause a Mad Max scenario. The only nations who would not be affected by it would be, ironically, in the Middle East, as they haven't got any energy supply from the Elevator to begin with.

It would not take more than a week for the rioting to start, a month for the crime spree, and 2 months for the mass starvation.

Compare to that, a colony-drop is nothing.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.