AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 160 54.42%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 80 27.21%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 33 11.22%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 4.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 1.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 0.68%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.34%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.34%
Voters: 294. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-10-19, 02:05   Link #721
MooMooFarm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
So you're only reason for saying that 00's design suck is because of Exia's gunsword gimmick? Here's a newsflash: Exia's ONLY unique part was that gimmick. Without that gimmick, Exia would be completely generic. Its seven sword thing is the most pointless idea ever, and wasn't implemented well in the show at all. And what about the gimmick itself, anyway? Its just a blade that can extend forward or be swung back so the thing becomes a beam rifle... So actually, without the animation and sound effects, its not really impressive at all (its really not that impressive on the models, for exaple).

The 00 design is meant to go hand-in-hand with the 0-riser and the rest of its accessories, so I'd say wait until you see those in action in the anime before saying its design suck just because its gunsword gimmick doesn't make that sound effect when it transforms.
No, the 00's overall design is already inferior to the Exia. A huge reason that you may called biased is because Exia was the first to come out, so making the 00 the "successor" pretty much requires it to be BETTER, which it's not. All the general stuff that no one can point out specifically because of it's generic BLANDNESS is fail compared to Exia.

Head, chest, legs, you name it. Also is the fact that due to the Exia not having WoW shoulders, it displays a much more well balanced stance, and is almost never in an "awkward position". Try looking at 00's performance to Exia's pause by pause, screen by screen. There are times when 00 doesn't look OMG THIS IS S FREEDAM OF 00, and instead looks WTF ARE THOSE TWO CONES ON ITS SIDES DOING?

The seven swords is one hell of a gimmick, no denying that. But that's like saying Avalanche Exia is gimp, which it IS. The whole point I made throughout S1 was that the best damn Gundam was Exia as plain Exia. NOTHING else. 0 Riser does indeed make 00 look cooler, but you give the damn thing a few years and look back, it won't match up to S Freedom and it's equivalents. Exia WILL rival and surpass Strike, Impulse, and only lose to Rx-78 as a starter Gundam.

The switchblade is NOT a gimmick, because if you actually even took the spare time to try modeling it out yourself, it's clear as day. Does an anime character regardless of robot or not, look cooler holding a giant blade that sticks out of his elbow like Exia? Or does a anime character look cooler with what looks like a DRILL GUN when he's not using it to slice people? Let's not even compare the SWORD art quality, because the current 00 gundam's melee weapons don't even gather enough attention to make it a gimmick.

Models are very different than anime, simply because models regardless of high grade, master grade, or over 9000 grade for all I care can never truly replicate animated characters at this point in time. It's like saying the McLaren F1 looks generic when you look at the hot wheels version. Buddy, have you ever SEEN a McLaren F1 in REAL LIFE? It stuns you. There is no model out there that I've seen that shines like they do on anime, that has the color palettes, nor has the anime-exclusive borders on it to make it what it really is. It's hard to explain, but anyone who believes the models are even close to replicating how any suit looks in 00 (I won't argue against older series because anyone can figure out how to make the Rx-78 look as good if not better than the anime version) anime must be extremely biased.

Quote:
The 00 design is meant to go hand-in-hand with the 0-riser and the rest of its accessories, so I'd say wait until you see those in action in the anime before saying its design suck just because its gunsword gimmick doesn't make that sound effect when it transforms.
I never said the sound effect was the big problem, did I? Thanks for confirming that you didn't understand my main points. The 00's current weapon is nearly a DRILL GUN or a fat BALL POINT PEN that opens up or something and goes PEW PEW then does a few tricks and turns into a Gunsword. The SHAPE is the biggest problem, not the FEATURES. When he splits it apart into two swords, it looks fine and dandy, GENERIC, but that's what the blue and white colors of a main character are. However, when he holds it together using it as a GUN, it looks DUMB AS HELL.

Again, the 0-riser is pretty much trying to trick out your car. It looks neat, but at the same time makes the gundam too tuned out looking. This is still a PERSPECTIVE thing, so it's really up to you whether you believe the 0-riser 00 is awesome sauce, but it pretty much parallels those who like S Freedom more, or those who like the Nu-Gundam more. One is the epitome of DECKED OUT while the other one emphasizes a thoroughbred. 0-Rise 00 belongs with Freedom.

One thing I hate are people who always go WAIT BEFORE YOU COMPLAIN. You are the same people who go WAIT LET SOME MMO DEVELOP FOR TWO YEARS WHILE WE PAY MONTHLY BEFORE CRITICIZING. The whole dang point of this thread and every weekly thread is not to discuss the OVERALL series, it is to discuss the EPISODE, and what partakes in the episode. If it has SUCKED up til that point, then it has SUCKED UP TIL THAT POINT. Why is it so hard for today's generation of trolls and what not to understand that it is OKAY to like something AFTER a certain time duration. Must you LIKE Bush after all he's done just because you voted for him the first time? Why must you wait for ages before criticizing politicians who don't do their jobs from day 1? Because "it's hard and it takes time?"

Quote:
The 00 looks like crap. It really does. There's just something about its design that isn't appealing to me this time around. It's not epic enough in appearance!

Tieria has this enormous super-GN-Particle-Firin'MaLazor setup on his...

The 00 has... Exia + Body Mass + Uglification + Twin Drives. Don't get me wrong though, I expect the 00 to have some awesome things going on there. Hopefully they take full advantage of that second power they've been rambling on about (drool included)
^This is support that the 00 while trying to be the S Freedom of AD, still wants to retain it's starter Gundam Roots, and fails to a point. I won't say 00 is ugly like him, and in fact, it is overall NOT BAD. But I've seen the 0-Riser kit, and it definitely doesn't spell END GAME like S Freedom or even Freedom. Nu Gundam was like the lvl 99 jobless guy in Ragnarok, and it retained it's elegant n00b factor while making it look awesome. Exia is a starter gundam, it FITS the role. 00 does not fit either role, but it tries to, and that is just something ambitious Bandai wanted to try. They clearly overdecked the S Freedom, so they wanted a series that was more close to it's roots, and S1 clearly showed that. There were almost no super upgrades, all the kits were more "optional" and "situational" than "I LEVELED UP BIATCHES".

If you think I believe the 00 looks ugly, you are mistaken. What I am saying is that out of a score of 100 in fitting it's purpose in the show, it only hits a 8X while the Exia scores 9X. Why? Because Exia is scored out of how good it is as a STARTER. You do not COMPARE a ZAKU to a GUNDAM RIGHT? Just like how you don't compare a REALDO to a FLAG because they aren't even in the same CLASS. Exia is NOT IN THE CLASS OF 00. Just because your FERRARI obviously looks RICHER than a tuned out civic doesn't mean your ferrari isn't ugly among ferraris.

Quote:
You want Gundams that are 'epic' in appearance, go watch G Gundam.
G Gundam was not epic, because the whole story was fail. Master ASIA? Please.

Epic has nothing to do with what power level you have, because we all know Mustache Mario Gundam beats all with his twin Wario. What we say when we mean epic (those of us who don't try to use it so LITERALLY in only one value every time) is how it "fits" in the show as end game. Like, if you had NO IDEA what that gundam does, and it just sits there in Ian's garage, how would YOU rate it? FACT is people, if we all went BACK in time 10 years ago, and we saw screenshots of 00 with 0-riser kit just sitting there in the launch bay, could you have POSSIBLY believed it would be as end game epic as Strike Freedom, Guren MK9000(WHATEVER IT WAS THAT RAPED BRITANNIA), Wing Zero Custom, and all those other mechas that make people go LOLUROP? No, you won't. Anyone who does is a bad liar. It all RELIES on the GN particle light show to make it cool.
MooMooFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 02:46   Link #722
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 3 times the passion of the usual flamenco
*sigh*

I'm not gonna try and stop you from hating the 00 Gundam's design, it's your opinion on the aesthetic and function afterall.

Though I'm not sure I like the way the argument is worded to sound like it's 100% fact that the 00 Gundam is unlikeable though, when first and foremost it's just an opinion. I mean while many people don't like the design, there are an equal number of people (like myself) who already love it, some because of the very qualities you don't like.

Also, only time will tell how well the 00 Gundam will be recieved through the decades, since as history shows, popularity isn't really something one can predict (two decades ago people were saying Cindi Lauper would still be singing decades from now while Celine Dion would fade into obscurity... guess which of them fell out of the radar faster; if you want a non-pop example, people saying nearly a century ago that video was just a fad that would fade in a few years...).

Hence, agree to disagree, and let those of us who like the 00 Gundam actually like it.

Just my 2 cents.
__________________

On Life: "If you have problem with Ukrainian hard house, you have problem with life. If you have problem with life ... maybe we can fix that."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 02:54   Link #723
Nightwing(T_T)
Sooo............sad
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
*sigh*

I'm not gonna try and stop you from hating the 00 Gundam's design, it's your opinion on the aesthetic and function afterall.

Though I'm not sure I like the way the argument is worded to sound like it's 100% fact that the 00 Gundam is unlikeable though, when first and foremost it's just an opinion. I mean while many people don't like the design, there are an equal number of people (like myself) who already love it, some because of the very qualities you don't like.

Also, only time will tell how well the 00 Gundam will be recieved through the decades, since as history shows, popularity isn't really something one can predict (two decades ago people were saying Cindi Lauper would still be singing decades from now while Celine Dion would fade into obscurity... guess which of them fell out of the radar faster; if you want a non-pop example, people saying nearly a century ago that video was just a fad that would fade in a few years...).

Hence, agree to disagree, and let those of us who like the 00 Gundam actually like it.

Just my 2 cents.
agreed actually that guy sounds more like trolling since he flooded the gundam 00 thread (see yourself) with useless comment
Nightwing(T_T) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 04:36   Link #724
RAVNEN
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: malim nawar,malaysia
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwing(T_T) View Post
agreed actually that guy sounds more like trolling since he flooded the gundam 00 thread (see yourself) with useless comment
That guy actually flooded the thread with useless comment? Man,I need to carefully post this time around.
Anyway your avatar is cool & awesome.
RAVNEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 09:51   Link #725
Dream_Traveller
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Isn't comparing a relatively normal Gundam to something entirely invincible (Kira "Jesus" Yamato) and over-powered as the Strike Freedom a worthless argument?
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 17:20   Link #726
MooMooFarm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
*sigh*

I'm not gonna try and stop you from hating the 00 Gundam's design, it's your opinion on the aesthetic and function afterall.

Though I'm not sure I like the way the argument is worded to sound like it's 100% fact that the 00 Gundam is unlikeable though, when first and foremost it's just an opinion. I mean while many people don't like the design, there are an equal number of people (like myself) who already love it, some because of the very qualities you don't like.

Also, only time will tell how well the 00 Gundam will be recieved through the decades, since as history shows, popularity isn't really something one can predict (two decades ago people were saying Cindi Lauper would still be singing decades from now while Celine Dion would fade into obscurity... guess which of them fell out of the radar faster; if you want a non-pop example, people saying nearly a century ago that video was just a fad that would fade in a few years...).

Hence, agree to disagree, and let those of us who like the 00 Gundam actually like it.

Just my 2 cents.
Err, that made no sense considering I never made a vague statement of what I don't like about the 00. Your post however is vague, and I don't even know if you understood what I've been trying to say. Are you saying you like the still shot when his gun looks like a paper airplane? Or when his shoulders look like giant cones when he's on the interface panel nearly spread eagle? Cause if you are talking about how a specific part of him CAN look cool in CERTAIN SITUATIONS, let me make this clear, I AGREE with you and NEVER said anything against it. The opening to 00 shows two or three scenes where his WoW ARENA SHOULDERS look BAD ASS. There are also a few scenes where they make him look plain STUPID.

Short story: If you PAUSE the video at CERTAIN intervals, the 00 DOESN'T LOOK AS EPIC as it COULD BE due to it using a NEW and REFRESHING DESIGN that tries to emphasize MOBILITY and AGILITY than DECKED OUT FIREPOWER aka STRIKE FREEDOM.

Episode 3 proves me right, while Ep 2 clearly showcased an AWESOME light show, Ep 3's focus was not on the Twin Drives and therefore 00 just got generic animations. Tell me exactly how EPIC the 00 felt in Ep 3 as the END GAME gundam?

Sunrise even supports me due to the little small changes to his damn gun in episode 3. It looks less generic white like a long paper airplane and more like a futuristic blaster now.

Quote:
agreed actually that guy sounds more like trolling since he flooded the gundam 00 thread (see yourself) with useless comment
=] Trolling is more insightful than what most people on this forum do. I don't mind those who call me a troll nor my comments useless when they themselves cannot even specifically explain why they are "useless" opposed to "well I DISAGREE and it's MY OPINION".

Quote:
Isn't comparing a relatively normal Gundam to something entirely invincible (Kira "Jesus" Yamato) and over-powered as the Strike Freedom a worthless argument?
The 00 is the franchise gundam. The show is called Gundam 00 basically. Gundam Seed Destiny was not called LOL FIN FUNNEL SPAM. Secondly, the importance of 00 is akin to S Freedom the moment he gets his 0 Riser unless we see some other extra equipment from here on out. I have never stated the 00 has to be overpowered in performance even though he WILL be, but it's that how he currently doesn't look anywhere near WOAHMG WTF GG NO RE if he doesn't turn on the x-mas lights. The 00's ACTUAL performance doesn't matter to me because Setsuna F Seiei is by far one of the weaker pilots on the show carried only by his plot holes of using EMOOOTTIIOONNS.

I'm pretty much the guy telling those screaming fangirls of models or something that if you look from a DIFFERENT angle, that person on the poster suddenly DOESN'T LOOK as cool and actually looks KINDA UGLY. There are definitely people that you know with facial features and perhaps maybe even bodies like that (ILL GIVE YOU AN EXAMPLE, LOOK AT ANGELINA JOLIES FACE FROM THE SIDE, IT SUCKS SO HARD COMPARED TO JUST A FULL FRONTAL FACE SHOT), let alone items such as CARS, PLANES, GUNS, ETC. ANYTHING you NAME IT. That's what I've tried to say, so if any of you are going to reply again, please at least acknowledge what my point is BEFORE you say "OBJECTION YOUR HONOR!"
MooMooFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 20:18   Link #727
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 3 times the passion of the usual flamenco
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMooFarm View Post
Short story: If you PAUSE the video at CERTAIN intervals, the 00 DOESN'T LOOK AS EPIC as it COULD BE due to it using a NEW and REFRESHING DESIGN that tries to emphasize MOBILITY and AGILITY than DECKED OUT FIREPOWER aka STRIKE FREEDOM.

Episode 3 proves me right, while Ep 2 clearly showcased an AWESOME light show, Ep 3's focus was not on the Twin Drives and therefore 00 just got generic animations. Tell me exactly how EPIC the 00 felt in Ep 3 as the END GAME gundam?

Sunrise even supports me due to the little small changes to his damn gun in episode 3. It looks less generic white like a long paper airplane and more like a futuristic blaster now.
My point was that no matter what you say about how "un-epic" or ugly the 00 looks, there'll still be those who'll disagree with you. Because beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and while you may think that it's not epic enough, I think differently. You can say what you like about your opinion on the aesthetic of the 00 Gundam, and certainly won't fault you for that, but you can can't actually PROVE it to me and expect me to see the same way like what you're doing on your above post , because unlike things like official statements or mechanical features, aesthetic opinion is highly subjective. You may see the 00 as generic in action and form... doesn't mean I HAVE or CAN see it the same way, and even if I look at the scenes you suggested, I'd still like the feel of the 00.

Besides... does the 00 have to look epic for me to actually like it? Certainly not.

I'mma dropping this subject now before it gets out of hand.
__________________

On Life: "If you have problem with Ukrainian hard house, you have problem with life. If you have problem with life ... maybe we can fix that."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 14:57   Link #728
Wal Ouran Leviathan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Something's been bothering me for a while about this episode. First, how was Ribbons able to watch 00's activation ? Second, why do we see 6 lights of red GN particles leaving the A-Laws ship while only 5 MS attacked the Ptolemaios. Did Louise actually launch and stay away from the battle ?
Wal Ouran Leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 15:00   Link #729
NyxOne
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Yeah, Louise was launched and put on stand-by.
NyxOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 15:18   Link #730
Wal Ouran Leviathan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Ok thank you. The whole dialogue between Louise and Barrack was confusing. She asked him permission to launch and he replied it wasn't his decision to make (I supposed there that she wasn't allowed to launch) then ordered her to stay on stand by (on the ship ? away from the battle ?). And why wasn't she called/sent as reinforcement ? It also seemed that Barrack gave up on Seravee after 00 was activated. It looks like the director focused his efforts on showing us 00 Gundam's awesomeness and forgot about other details.
Wal Ouran Leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.