AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-10-15, 15:32   Link #21
Utsukushii Hono'o
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Currently stalking, Evil Rick, Larthak, Malin, Kholdstare, lv23, as always Endrance.anafewothrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Yoruichi View Post
Although technically sometimes the fillers can show stuff that the canon anime can't. Like, Soi Fon killing someone with her shikai ability..
If it's from the manga then it is canon. Canon material can be shown during the fillers yes. But in the case of Haineko. We never saw more than the release of her battle with Kira.
She can use her Shikai but unless we saw in the Manga first. It doesn't count. The anime can show a manner in which it could be used. That does not make it canon. Her shikai is canon...any use of it is FILLER

Quote:
But... Haineko proves you wrong. It was shown in the anime, thus we know what it looks like. I really don't understand why you imagine a rule and deny any existence of any proof against it. Being manga original or anime original has no bearings whatsoever on what something in-ciontinuity "actually" looks like.

And I fight the rule not because I don't like it, but because it isn't true. If it was true, I wouldn't even respect anything to do with it, because it's an ugly, filthy, discriminatory rule.
Your personal feelings have nothing to do with the rule. It is true whether you like it not.

The anime had a general idea and her shikai was shown based on that. Considering they had no real idea of what it looks like because it was never shown.. Your feelings won't change that fact.
Utsukushii Hono'o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 15:51   Link #22
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsukushii Hono'o View Post
If it's from the manga then it is canon. Canon material can be shown during the fillers yes. But in the case of Haineko. We never saw more than the release of her battle with Kira.
She can use her Shikai but unless we saw in the Manga first. It doesn't count. The anime can show a manner in which it could be used. That does not make it canon. Her shikai is canon...any use of it is FILLER
You're dead wrong. The manga isn't the only thing that can decide what things are and what things aren't. There's nothing official stating that and there is evidence proving that wrong. The anime has just as much authority to create Bleach continuity as the manga. You're also misusing the word "filler", probably because you have no idea what it means. You simply have no idea what you're talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsukushii Hono'o View Post
Your personal feelings have nothing to do with the rule. It is true whether you like it not.
No, it's not a rule. It's false, imaginary, and has no bearing on Bleach at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsukushii Hono'o View Post
The anime had a general idea and her shikai was shown based on that. Considering they had no real idea of what it looks like because it was never shown.. Your feelings won't change that fact.
The anime decided what it looked like. The anime set in stone what it looked like. Your feelings won't change that fact.

Your argument is meaningless and has already been proven wrong anyway, regardless of what I say. You're just living in your own little delusion now.



As I said before, Haineko is old news, unless we see her Bankai.
__________________
Thewanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 16:22   Link #23
kooru
Shoop da Whoop
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Off the argument topic going on....

Whats going on with Yama's vice? 'Coz if Yama goes one on one with Barragan (still I think unlikely due to the current match-ups), that doesn't leave a viable opponent for his vice....

Might he jump in to aid Omaeda? hmm....
kooru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 16:24   Link #24
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by kooru View Post
Off the argument topic going on....

Whats going on with Yama's vice? 'Coz if Yama goes one on one with Barragan (still I think unlikely due to the current match-ups), that doesn't leave a viable opponent for his vice....

Might he jump in to aid Omaeda? hmm....
Or maybe Hitsugaya. Not that he'd be of any help, being a Lt. and all.

And yay for on-topicness, arguing is not fun
__________________
Thewanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 16:53   Link #25
kooru
Shoop da Whoop
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
Or maybe Hitsugaya. Not that he'd be of any help, being a Lt. and all.

And yay for on-topicness, arguing is not fun
Hitsugaya?..... Captain Hitsugaya? The one fighting Halibel?
He wouldn't be much use coz a) hes in a fight already and b) he sucks (my opinion, and im entitled to it...)

EDIT: Sorry, I thought you meant Hitsu would help Omaeda....didn't read it right, my apologies......
kooru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 17:07   Link #26
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by kooru View Post
Hitsugaya?..... Captain Hitsugaya? The one fighting Halibel?
He wouldn't be much use coz a) hes in a fight already and b) he sucks (my opinion, and im entitled to it...)

EDIT: Sorry, I thought you meant Hitsu would help Omaeda....didn't read it right, my apologies......
Yeah, I meant the 1st squad Lt helping Hitsu.
__________________
Thewanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 17:27   Link #27
kooru
Shoop da Whoop
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
Yeah, I meant the 1st squad Lt helping Hitsu.
He's gonna need all the help he can get...

And how freaking long does it take Komamura to freakin' shunpo back to the action? What is he taking a breather after really exerting himself with his one hit KO....... geez......
kooru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 17:58   Link #28
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Stanford, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Rangiku pwns! So she's really going to defeat all 3?
God, I hope not. There's a limit to how weak those fraccion can get.

Nice to see Omaeda beaten though. I never liked that guy. That would give Soi Fong the opportunity to beat 2 fraccion and thus be more useful in battle.
__________________
Darklord_bg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 18:00   Link #29
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In The Farplane
I still think with the exception of kyoraku vs Stark the other match ups just seem wrong
__________________
Endrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 18:13   Link #30
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Rangiku and Nel do look like cows and I didnt coin it . Most likely a Japanese pun to do with big bust . I havnt checked up on blue rose significance . It definitely means something .Though I am more interested in the last part



is Bleach going to get bad oops worse @_@
a quick mythology thing I found


Quote:
According to a Chinese folktale, the blue rose signified hope against unattainable love.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 21:42   Link #31
Lendial
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
when did bleach become such a cat fight.
Lendial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 01:14   Link #32
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 30
just need some water *looks at Hitsugaya*
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 01:56   Link #33
Langus
Optimus Prime
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Japan/Canada
Age: 30
Looked up the whole blue rose thing... Not sure if there's a specific meaning within Bleach itself that I haven't found but basically the blue rose is supposed to symbolize one of two things:

1) The unattainable dream/desire
2) Mystery

Both of which I suppose could apply to Matsumoto (particularly 1?)...
__________________
(This magnificent sig. is courtesy of the talented Kuroda )
Langus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 02:23   Link #34
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 30
*takes things the completely other way*

will Kubo try to put a minor twist and let Matsumoto die?
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 04:18   Link #35
Amirali
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Over the rainbow.
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Quote:
Originally Posted by kooru View Post
He's gonna need all the help he can get...

And how freaking long does it take Komamura to freakin' shunpo back to the action? What is he taking a breather after really exerting himself with his one hit KO....... geez......
It's most likely Komamura will stay there and guard the pillars now. With Yamachika and Ikkaku disabled, those 4 pillars need at least 4 shinigmai in the vicinity (I'd say Iba, Komamura, Hisagi and Kira). If another fraccion on Poh's level attacked, a captain level guard could be sure of success.
Amirali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 04:26   Link #36
kooru
Shoop da Whoop
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirali View Post
It's most likely Komamura will stay there and guard the pillars now. With Yamachika and Ikkaku disabled, those 4 pillars need at least 4 shinigmai in the vicinity (I'd say Iba, Komamura, Hisagi and Kira). If another fraccion on Poh's level attacked, a captain level guard could be sure of success.
There isn't anyone left to attack the pillars..... No fraccion anyways.... And it's been shown that any hollows that randomly get "summoned" to attack the pillars can easily be dispatched by the original 4 that were there!

Im going to hedge my bets with the fact that Komamura will mysteriously not appear in the big rumble for a while, at least until Tousen gets his ass outta the fire....
kooru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 06:59   Link #37
Amirali
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Over the rainbow.
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Quote:
Originally Posted by kooru View Post
There isn't anyone left to attack the pillars..... No fraccion anyways.... And it's been shown that any hollows that randomly get "summoned" to attack the pillars can easily be dispatched by the original 4 that were there!

Im going to hedge my bets with the fact that Komamura will mysteriously not appear in the big rumble for a while, at least until Tousen gets his ass outta the fire....
Ikkaku and Yamachika are out of commission, so it's just Kira and Hisagi. The two of them would have a hard time guarding 4 pillars without help if there's another attack. Regardless, things might very well work out as you say. Komamura does have unsettled business with Tousen.

Last edited by Amirali; 2008-10-16 at 08:36.
Amirali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 08:28   Link #38
Ichimaru
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
so matsumoto is buzy with 3 fraccions...

so how many fraccions are left at the pillars?
Ichimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 09:13   Link #39
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kasumigaseki; where contractors dwell.
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
*takes things the completely other way*

will Kubo try to put a minor twist and let Matsumoto die?
I'm personally not for it, but if she dies, say at the hands of Gin, then it'd add a whole lot more depth to the story...kinda like D Gray Man in terms of sacrificing characters for the sake of development.
cloak_and_dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 09:38   Link #40
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
So we get Matsumoto and Soifon this chapter eh? Someone wrote earlier in the thread that they were disappointed Omaeda lost so quickly and I feel the same way. I was actually hoping to see his morningstar shikai in action since he got pwn'd by Ichigo before we could see what it does the first time he released it. Too bad, but he's a loser anyway.

Looks like Matsumoto isn't getting any help with the 3-1 battle after all. Apache and Mila are loudmouths so I think they'll be the first ones to go down. Sun-sun is the quiet one, she'll probably be more difficult.

Soifon getting matched against someone as weak as a fraccion is weird. The more I think about, the more I believe that it's probably a set up for Barragan to enter the fight. After Soifon defeats all his fraccs, Barragan will be forced to step in. He'll probably defeat Soifon and then it'll be time for Yamaji to tag in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger
I'm personally not for it, but if she dies, say at the hands of Gin, then it'd add a whole lot more depth to the story...kinda like D Gray Man in terms of sacrificing characters for the sake of development.
Unlikely that would happen seeing as how Gin actually goes out of his way to avoid harming Matsumoto. Even if she attacked him, he'd probably escape or overpower her without doing any serious damage. It be interesting to see how he'd react if she died though.
__________________



Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
manga, weekly chapter discussion

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.