AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 140 54.69%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 68 26.56%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 31 12.11%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 3.13%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 2.34%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.17%
Voters: 256. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-10-21, 06:59   Link #501
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutype View Post
i just noticed that all the gundams other than 00 dont seem to have a cone shaped GN drive..... wtf

am i not seeing it?
Maybe it is some kind of verniers?
RAVNEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 07:00   Link #502
patnam

as I watched ep3 all over again.... i don't see new Gundams still can't match the mass A-Laws' GN Xs (only manage to destroy small amount of them)...
I don't think Gundams can beat A-Laws once and for all...
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 07:06   Link #503
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
While CB's GN Drives do work in a different manner than Tau Drives, in terms of function they work pretty much the same: as a source of GN Particles for the mobile suit's systems. Hence, if one were to observe how a Throne and a true Gundam were to operate externally, without any knowledge of the difference, they won't be able to tell the difference.

And CB may have impeccable intel, but as shown time and again said intel network isn't 100% foolproof: Eifman may be one of those who "slipped under the radar" until he started snooping around.

Another theory may be that Eifman may have already been approached by Celestial Being, but refused. Given his ignorance of CB though this is highly unlikely.
Or maybe Schonberg's plan allowed for some of the best and brightest to be left to the world at large.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 07:24   Link #504
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnam View Post
as I watched ep3 all over again.... i don't see new Gundams still can't match the mass A-Laws' GN Xs (only manage to destroy small amount of them)...
I don't think Gundams can beat A-Laws once and for all...
It's actually EASIER to beat A-Laws than CB's original war interventions. A-Laws is merely an organisation. Further, it's an organisation that is abusing its power behind the back of the world's population. A-Laws cannot survive without government funding, so all it takes is a change in the political landscape before A-Laws would be forced to either disband or go rogue.

And an A-Laws that go rogue, without UN funds and new soldiers from across the planet replacing their numbers, would just be a weaker version of CB.

Part of the hint in how A-Laws would disintegrate, is the fact that someone like Sergei refused to take part in it. There is sufficient doubts in A-Laws' legitimacy, that once the skeletons come out of the closet thank to Katie, everything else will fall into place.

All that would be left to do in the end is to remove Ribbons from power and control, and the job would be done. Peace is hard to come by, but defeating something physical is not hard.
Old 2008-10-21, 07:26   Link #505
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Anyway is Veda still active? Or is it under the control of Ribbons and working for A-Laws?
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 07:28   Link #506
patnam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
It's actually EASIER to beat A-Laws than CB's original war interventions. A-Laws is merely an organisation. Further, it's an organisation that is abusing its power behind the back of the world's population. A-Laws cannot survive without government funding, so all it takes is a change in the political landscape before A-Laws would be forced to either disband or go rogue.

And an A-Laws that go rogue, without UN funds and new soldiers from across the planet replacing their numbers, would just be a weaker version of CB.

Part of the hint in how A-Laws would disintegrate, is the fact that someone like Sergei refused to take part in it. There is sufficient doubts in A-Laws' legitimacy, that once the skeletons come out of the closet thank to Katie, everything else will fall into place.

All that would be left to do in the end is to remove Ribbons from power and control, and the job would be done. Peace is hard to come by, but defeating something physical is not hard.
then it looks like CB will have one shot to beat A-Laws... find Ribbons and KILL him...
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 07:29   Link #507
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Anyway is Veda still active? Or is it under the control of Ribbons and working for A-Laws?
Since Ribbons essentially moved his house to the moon, it stands to reason he is using VEDA. No point wasting a supercomputer after all. He already went through the trouble of reprogramming it into serving him, so there's no sense letting it gather dust.

But I doubt Ribbons is controlling A-Laws directly. He doesn't sound like the type to micro-manage.
Old 2008-10-21, 09:03   Link #508
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

The new CB girl is annoying...I know she is supposed to please the loli/moe loving otakus but she feels extremely random and completely out of place..
Old 2008-10-21, 09:12   Link #509
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
The new CB girl is annoying...I know she is supposed to please the loli/moe loving otakus but she feels extremely random and completely out of place..
She IS supposed to be like that. A typical Buriko-Loli that some lolicons like (I prefer tsundere types though).
Old 2008-10-21, 09:18   Link #510
LoweGear
Great Commandy One
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
So far, Mileina hasn't really done anything that can be worth the annoyance, other than do her job as operator, which she's been doing quite well so far without a slip-up or anything, considering the more strenous situations they're put in now that the Ptolemy 2 is now a frontline unit.

Considering Christina was basically performing a similar role in S1, I don't quite mind at all...

On Tsundere: "XCOM is like a tsundere: bitingly harsh and difficult to deal with at the beginning, challenging yet satisfying in the middle, then glorious domination at the end."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 09:24   Link #511
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Christina was actually cowering in their first battle as well, and could not do her job and the only things she did that stuck out was the fanservice stuff with Feldt. It is likely due to the fact that Christina's bust size being significantly larger then Miliena...
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 10:16   Link #512
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

I for one find Christina more annoying then Mileina. At least that was the case at the beginning of 00.

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 10:17   Link #513
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Well, actually the way she talks is already pretty annoying.
Which means she is the new comic relief until Patrick reappears.....
Old 2008-10-21, 10:45   Link #514
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
The 00 writing staff doesn't have the luxury to just go at a leizurely pace with only 22 episodes left and a lot of ground to cover.

In short, I don't think the 1st Season covered as much ground as it should have and therefore Season 2 will have to pick up the slack.
Uh, I think you're having R2 flashbacks...

Again how is bringing back 3 missing Gundam pilots in less than 3 episodes NOT picking up the slack? You want Louise in Destroy Gundam next episode eh? What you are doing is calling the gripe before the gripe…You’re complaining about a perception that you have…Clearly 3 eps to get back 3 pilots (In pacing) is marginal at worst…

Quote:
…and then cramming an assload of content into the last 5 episodes or so.
You’ve just described every Sunrise series for the past 10-15 years…What’s your point? From Outlaw Star to Cowboy Bebop to Overman King Gainer to Mai Hime to Gundam SEED to Code Geass R2 to Gundam 00…Oh you just noticed this?? You think you just did some crack gumshoe work? I hope it isn’t badly rushed but as long as it ends well or with fulfillment that’ll be the key…But with that said S1 was the first ever S1 break for a Gundam show, so maybe that played into things in a different fashion…Sunrise does have somewhat of a stigma for this, but the perception of a rushed ending doesn’t = BAD ENDING….When it does, you can spout off, but for now it seems your hedging a bad bet…
Old 2008-10-21, 10:48   Link #515
lubczyk

I am kind of annoyed that Ian would put his own young daughter, Mileina, on the front line just to fulfill Aeolia Schenberg's ideals. With all the young people Celestial Being is willing to sacrifice and recruit, they always seem like religious fanatics to me. Their religion God is Aeolia Schenberg and their temple is Gundam.

Say what you will about the Earth Federation, but you don't see they using young children to fight their wars. Even Sergei was reluctant with leading Soma into battle. The members of Celestial Being seem to have no such dilemma.

It's hard to sympathize with an organization whose leaders use their own children to further their own ends.
lubczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 10:54   Link #516
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Man,I start to like Mileina. The way she talk,sound so err.....comfortable & is'nt she cute. But I think Louise is more cute than Mileina.

Maybe Ian take his daughter because there no one that could be trusted.Or Mileina is a genius about mechanical thing.
RAVNEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 10:55   Link #517
lubczyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Uh, I think you're having R2 flashbacks...

Again how is bringing back 3 missing Gundam pilots in less than 3 episodes NOT picking up the slack? You want Louise in Destroy Gundam next episode eh? What you are doing is calling the gripe before the gripe…You’re complaining about a perception that you have…Clearly 3 eps to get back 3 pilots (In pacing) is marginal at worst…

You’ve just described every Sunrise series for the past 10-15 years…What’s your point? From Outlaw Star to Cowboy Bebop to Overman King Gainer to Mai Hime to Gundam SEED to Code Geass R2 to Gundam 00…Oh you just noticed this?? You think you just did some crack gumshoe work? I hope it isn’t badly rushed but as long as it ends well or with fulfillment that’ll be the key…But with that said S1 was the first ever S1 break for a Gundam show, so maybe that played into things in a different fashion…Sunrise does have somewhat of a stigma for this, but the perception of a rushed ending doesn’t = BAD ENDING….When it does, you can spout off, but for now it seems your hedging a bad bet…
Sorry, I was wrong to expect the writing of Sunrise to become better over time. Yes, Rushed Ending =/ BAD but it's definately not ideal nor desirable. It's quite amateurish to not have a competent writing staff and a director that have a good sense of pacing from such a wealthy and prestigious company like Namco Bandai Holdings, Inc.
lubczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 11:09   Link #518
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
I am kind of annoyed that Ian would put his own young daughter, Mileina, on the front line just to fulfill Aeolia Schenberg's ideals. With all the young people Celestial Being is willing to sacrifice and recruit, they always seem like religious fanatics to me. Their religion God is Aeolia Schenberg and their temple is Gundam.

Say what you will about the Earth Federation, but you don't see they using young children to fight their wars. Even Sergei was reluctant with leading Soma into battle. The members of Celestial Being seem to have no such dilemma.

It's hard to sympathize with an organization whose leaders use their own children to further their own ends.
The world in 00, is a world that is constantly at war. If the safest place to keep your children safe, is the frontlines, and your children understands and wants to do a part, why not?

What I'm saying is, if you can die at anytime, in any part of the world, isn't it the same if you're at the frontlines? Instead of being someone like Saji who wants peace without fighting, Mileina chose to be someone who will help bring peace to the world.

And for people who think's that she's annoying because of her speech. Milenia's way of speaking is cute and Japan agrees that it is a cute way to speak in their language. She's created to be cute to Japanese audience and she is cute.

Unless you're telling me you're fluent in Japanese and have been speaking in the language, you're only finding it annoying because you don't grasp the reason why its a cute way to speak in Japanese. And in Japan, girls being cute is part of being polite, its a form of manners. People always ask why do Japanese girls act cutesy all the time. The answer is that they are all brought up this way, its their culture. Why don't people ask why don't the girls in their country act cute, again the answer is their culture.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 11:13   Link #519
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
The world in 00, is a world that is constantly at war. If the safest place to keep your children safe, is the frontlines, and your children understands and wants to do a part, why not?
errr, no.The world of 00 is no more violent than ours.00 Japan is a pretty safe place with the exception of few terrorist attacks.Same thing for most of the AEU, federation and HRL, there's a few conflict zones but nothing out of the ordinary.
Old 2008-10-21, 11:29   Link #520
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:

What I'm saying is, if you can die at anytime, in any part of the world, isn't it the same if you're at the frontlines? Instead of being someone like Saji who wants peace without fighting, Mileina chose to be someone who will help bring peace to the world.
That could probably one of the reason why people fight even for the most miniscule reasons, for something called personal glory. Common quotes used would be "At least I died fighting to live the way I want!".

In the context of pragmatism in war, I shall quote a very famous and funny saying from Churchill.....

Spoiler for Slightly NSFW:

Quote:
And for people who think's that she's annoying because of her speech. Milenia's way of speaking is cute and Japan agrees that it is a cute way to speak in their language. She's created to be cute to Japanese audience and she is cute.

Unless you're telling me you're fluent in Japanese and have been speaking in the language, you're only finding it annoying because you don't grasp the reason why its a cute way to speak in Japanese. And in Japan, girls being cute is part of being polite, its a form of manners. People always ask why do Japanese girls act cutesy all the time. The answer is that they are all brought up this way, its their culture. Why don't people ask why don't the girls in their country act cute, again the answer is their culture.
I think the idea of cute would be "less assertive, innocent and with servitude and dedication" in your manner of speaking. As we know, suppression of one's true personality would cause a person to lose all sense of self-confidence, resulting in a rather submissive person (the so-called Yamato Nadeshiko in Japan) or in otaku terms, a yandere.

Then again, it is up to the guy to decide which girls he like. Some guys don't like these sort of girl because they are too submissive and always seem to have some shield for the various form of abuse thrown at them, intentional and unintentional, whereas some like punching bags.

Ultimately there are some Japanese girls who act this way to attract attention, being a natural law of females to attract male attention. As such actions of being overly polite, having a liking for overtly girlish stuff (pink, dresses, stuffed toys, and nothing womanly like garter belts, handbags, etc) is basically just a way to attract attention in a positive way, or as supposedly taught to them by their parents. This form of childlike silliness could have touched the inner fetish for innocence in men (I am guessing it to be something like fatherhood), resulting in the lolicon complex.

Back to the topic, Sergei could be a good example of the above-mentioned though.