AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Maria-sama

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is your most favourite Rosa?
Rosa Chinensis (Youko) 14 3.00%
Rosa Foetida (Eriko) 7 1.50%
Rosa Gigantea (Sei) 201 43.13%
Rosa Chinensis en bouton (Sachiko) 96 20.60%
Rosa Foetida en bouton (Rei) 9 1.93%
Rosa Gigantea en bouton (Shimako) 58 12.45%
Rosa Chinensis en bouton petit soeur(Yumi) 50 10.73%
Rosa Foetida en bouton petit soeur(Yoshino) 31 6.65%
Voters: 466. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-02-13, 08:39   Link #1
SleeplessHeart
Sakuya - Rosa Tsukkomi
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
[POLL] Favourite Maria-sama ga Miteru character

Who is your most favourite character?

Rosa Chinensis for me: Wisdom, leadership and beauty within a person
SleeplessHeart is offline  
Old 2004-02-13, 08:58   Link #2
pkgirl163
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: USA
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to pkgirl163 Send a message via MSN to pkgirl163
I like all the characters a lot (well, Eriko is kind of weird and we don't know much about her yet, so everyone but her), but after the end of ep 6 I guess I have to say Sei.
pkgirl163 is offline  
Old 2004-02-13, 09:14   Link #3
lordwu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
My vote goes to Rosa Gigantea as well. She has so many different characters in her. She can be naughtily playful at times and extremely caring at others. She can be cheerful and sentimental. Although I like all of the characters in marimite, Sei is still the best.
lordwu is offline  
Old 2004-02-13, 09:15   Link #4
Lanimoo
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
seino houga sukidesu!!!!! I think sei is pretty much the most straightforward person out of the bunch. the voice actress for sei is the prettiest too!
Lanimoo is offline  
Old 2004-02-13, 18:01   Link #5
SleeplessHeart
Sakuya - Rosa Tsukkomi
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quite an unexpected result so far. Rosa Gigantea is the most favourite person
SleeplessHeart is offline  
Old 2004-02-13, 18:38   Link #6
lordwu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeplessHeart
Quite an unexpected result so far. Rosa Gigantea is the most favourite person
It's not quite unexpected. I think japanese fans also like Rosa Gigantea the best.
lordwu is offline  
Old 2004-02-13, 19:25   Link #7
kj1980
kaii~...kana? kana?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeplessHeart
Quite an unexpected result so far. Rosa Gigantea is the most favourite person
Not really...out of the three former oneesama-gata, Rosa Gigantea makes the most appearances in the novels, and she does tend to be with Yumi-chan alot.

By the way, you have your "titles" wrong:

x Rosa Chinensis petit soeur (Yumi)
x Rosa Foetida petit soeur (Yoshino)

they should be:
o Rosa Chinensis en bouton petit soeur (Fukuzawa Yumi)
o Rosa Foetida en bouton petit soeur (Shimadu Yoshino)
kj1980 is offline  
Old 2004-02-13, 19:30   Link #8
kj1980
kaii~...kana? kana?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Not really...out of the three former oneesama-gata, Rosa Gigantea makes the most appearances in the novels, and she does tend to be with Yumi-chan alot.

By the way, you have your "titles" wrong:

x Rosa Chinensis petit soeur (Yumi)
x Rosa Foetida petit soeur (Yoshino)

they should be:
o Rosa Chinensis en bouton petit soeur (Fukuzawa Yumi)
o Rosa Foetida en bouton petit soeur (Shimadu Yoshino)
...either way, I chose Shimadu Yoshino for her energetic behavior...
kj1980 is offline  
Old 2004-02-14, 01:52   Link #9
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Somewhere in Hawaii
This poll really belongs in the General Anime Forum. Remember the Fansub Forum is for discussing anime series currently available as fansubs.

Thread moved -> General Anime Forum
__________________
Keitaro is offline  
Old 2004-02-14, 03:32   Link #10
SleeplessHeart
Sakuya - Rosa Tsukkomi
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitaro
This poll really belongs in the General Anime Forum. Remember the Fansub Forum is for discussing anime series currently available as fansubs.

Thread moved -> General Anime Forum
Sorry, I believe you are wrong on this. Maria-sama ga miteru is only available in fan-sub since it is just started in january 2004.

Could any admins return the thread to the fansub forum?
SleeplessHeart is offline  
Old 2004-02-14, 05:28   Link #11
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Somewhere in Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeplessHeart
Sorry, I believe you are wrong on this. Maria-sama ga miteru is only available in fan-sub since it is just started in january 2004.

Could any admins return the thread to the fansub forum?
Yeah I was wrong and I apologize. I had Nosanninwa move it back to the fansubs forum.
__________________
Keitaro is offline  
Old 2004-02-14, 05:38   Link #12
xris
Just call me Ojisan
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: U.K. Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeplessHeart
Sorry, I believe you are wrong on this.
Each to his or her own...

Polls like this are borderline as to where they should exist. The Fansub forum is for discussing anime series currently available as fansubs. This sort of poll isn't really about discussion of the series but just requests a 'one-shot' opinion (yes, yes, I know that opinion will form part of discussion but the poll by it's nature doesn't invite debate).

IMHO, it's only the posts by kj1980 (which as usual provide some interesting insight into anime from a Japanese point of view) which raise this thread above the rather meaningless "What type are you" class of threads.

So, I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be in the General Anime forum, I certainly prefer to see the Fansub forum contain threads about debate and discussion and a lot of the polls there do not provide this. And don't take that as a negative view to this thread, I'm just as interested in the topic as are many others and I don't want to inhibit people from post to it. It's just that Keitaro felt it was better suited in this forum and I see no reason to disagree with him.
xris is offline  
Old 2004-02-14, 14:16   Link #13
Lanimoo
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
ahhh!!! Yumi is catching up with Sei! We need more people to vote!!! 25 folks is not enough....
Lanimoo is offline  
Old 2004-02-14, 14:30   Link #14
laurore31
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanimoo
ahhh!!! Yumi is catching up with Sei! We need more people to vote!!! 25 folks is not enough....
lol I voted for Sachiko. but I lengthily hesitated between Sei and Sachiko. I thought that Sei would be the first, this is why I voted for Sachiko.
laurore31 is offline  
Old 2004-02-14, 20:27   Link #15
SCR512
Ayu/Eclipse Semi-Slave
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to SCR512
I voted for Rei, cause she looks like a guy and that show needs more guys.. muhahaha
SCR512 is offline  
Old 2004-02-14, 22:17   Link #16
Lanimoo
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCR512
I voted for Rei, cause she looks like a guy and that show needs more guys.. muhahaha
ahhhhhhh!!!!!! tsk tsk bad excuse... so you would've voted for Yumi's brother or even Suburu if they were on the list? aww...
Lanimoo is offline  
Old 2004-02-15, 00:25   Link #17
SleeplessHeart
Sakuya - Rosa Tsukkomi
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Not really...out of the three former oneesama-gata, Rosa Gigantea makes the most appearances in the novels, and she does tend to be with Yumi-chan alot.

By the way, you have your "titles" wrong:

x Rosa Chinensis petit soeur (Yumi)
x Rosa Foetida petit soeur (Yoshino)

they should be:
o Rosa Chinensis en bouton petit soeur (Fukuzawa Yumi)
o Rosa Foetida en bouton petit soeur (Shimadu Yoshino)
I just borrowed a margaret magazine from my friend.
I think you are right. The manga convention is using "Rosa Chinensis en bouton petit soeur" term. From Anime episode one, Rosa Chinesis told Sachiko that she is the "Grande Soeur", so I assume that Yumi will be automatically become his "petit soeur".

Back to the current result, I assume that shoujo fans prefer energetic, independent and care-free characters like Rosa Gigantea (Sei).
SleeplessHeart is offline  
Old 2004-02-15, 01:06   Link #18
Kurara
Ningyou Hime
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Digital Space
Send a message via ICQ to Kurara Send a message via AIM to Kurara Send a message via MSN to Kurara
I'm not sure if I remember the names correctly.. But so far, Yoshino is my favorite because I can relate to her. I also like Shimako because she seems to be very gentle and nice.
Kurara is offline  
Old 2004-02-15, 21:33   Link #19
laurore31
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: France
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeplessHeart
I just borrowed a margaret magazine from my friend.
I think you are right. The manga convention is using "Rosa Chinensis en bouton petit soeur" term. From Anime episode one, Rosa Chinesis told Sachiko that she is the "Grande Soeur", so I assume that Yumi will be automatically become his "petit soeur".

Back to the current result, I assume that shoujo fans prefer energetic, independent and care-free characters like Rosa Gigantea (Sei).
They are french words.

"petite soeur" = younger sister
" grande soeur " = elder sister
i think you know.

in fact, there are Rosa : Sei, Youko and Eriko. their sisters are " rosa ... en bouton ".
and the sisters of " rosa ... en bouton " are the "petites soeurs ".

in fact the "bouton" is a good symbol :
in flower term, this is a stage of development of the button during which the bud is still closed, but the scales open at the top leting foresee the pink point of the petals
(ontoni gomenasai : for my english)
so, " rosa .... en bouton " is in progress to become a beautifull flower (as their older sister) :-)

the "petites soeurs" are not sown yet :-) lol

i really like this symbol.
laurore31 is offline  
Old 2004-02-15, 21:48   Link #20
Loikol
slightly confused
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
I voted for Sachiko because I like that type of person. She seems smart and gentle but strong willed, and of course, she is beautiful. After all, it was Sachiko's character what grabbed me to download marimite.
Loikol is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.