AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-20, 19:28   Link #1
Newguy

Anime where the male love intrest is an older gentlemen?

Kinda like Sergei and Soma in Gundum 00, except you know, confirmed.

And it could be sub characters, it doesn't have to be main characters.

Also, the guy shouldn't be some bishonen.
Old 2008-10-20, 19:42   Link #2
Last Sinner
For Gnomeregan!

Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
Paradise Kiss
Old 2008-10-20, 19:44   Link #3
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Well... hmmm, depends on how you define "older".

Spice and Wolf: the male Lawrence is nearly 30; his love interest Horo appears to be and sometimes acts as a young maiden (though her chronological age is much much older).

Tsukiyomi Moon Phase: male lead Kouhei is in his early 20s; love interest Hazuki is 13 or 14.

Will add others if I think of them.
Old 2008-10-20, 19:51   Link #4
Newguy

My only critera is pretty much anyone who act like some guy from a harem anime and doesn't look like some pretty boy. A guy like Sergei, or Chang from Black Lagoon would be ideal but they don't have to be that old.
Old 2008-10-20, 19:56   Link #5
jedinat
フリーター

Koi Kaze - the guy is 28 and the girl (his sister) is 16 at the start of the show
Old 2008-10-21, 17:20   Link #6
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Speed Grapher
- It's consentual though^^... Legendary photographer gets cool mutant power from loli slave girl, feels pity for her, wants to rescue her, she falls in love with him...Oh yeah he's like 20 years older than her and kinda crusty^^....Lots of action and political intrique aswell...
Old 2008-10-21, 19:38   Link #7
Last Sinner
For Gnomeregan!

@jedinat: Isn't that one involving incest, though....

@wingdarkness: That wasn't a love relationship. That was a bond between a protector and an innocent soul. Plus that series was an utter disgrace for how utterly bad it was.
Old 2008-10-21, 20:03   Link #8
Deus ex Digital Boy
21st Century Digital Boy

Fuck it, Kodomo no Jikan.
Old 2008-10-21, 20:16   Link #9
Last Sinner
For Gnomeregan!

I think what OP was trying to say was that there is a fair age gap but that it's a 'normal/healthy' relationship....
Old 2008-10-21, 21:21   Link #10
Shadow Kira01

Vampire Knight: the leader of the Night Academy, Kaname-senpai is actually a few centuries older than the female protagonist, Yuuki
Old 2008-10-22, 01:31   Link #11
Newguy

Eh, I don't really care if it's a "healthy" relationship. It can be loli, incest, or trap or whatever else anime can think of for all I care. But I do want the guy to be old looking, He doesn't have to be old but he has too look it. Something like Paradise Kiss and Vampire Knight isn't what I'm looking for since they all look like typical anime punks.

And it doesn't have to be a main story plot either. They can just be sub characters in the show.
Old 2008-10-22, 13:51   Link #12
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Chizuko, the teen-aged "daughter of Twenty Faces," has a crush on Twenty Faces, and he certainly cares for her. He's probably in his thirties.

While Bartender is an episodic series, the main female character, Miwa, most definitely is attracted to the "Glass of the Gods" Ryuu. It possible he reciprocates her feelings, but he maintains his professional bartending cool throughout the series. Some of the stories in this show concern romance among older people, but often it's a melancholy story.

Yakushiji Ryoko portrays a couple in their thirties. Ryoko is a police superintendent and the man is her assistant. Ryoko would clearly like him to pursue a sexual relationship with her, but he smartly holds his ground.

There are shows with older main characters, like Monster or Mononoke, but these men are rarely if ever in romantic situations. There are women who might admire them from afar (Nina or Kayo in these cases), but there's no real romance portrayed.

There just aren't going to be many shows like this because of the demographics of the anime audience. Most anime viewers are teenagers or young adults, so they have little interest in a romance where the main character is much older than they. I'm always on the lookout for series where the characters are older, and there aren't that many.
Old 2008-10-22, 14:36   Link #13
DanielSong39

Candy Candy?

An old classic - if you can find it.
Old 2008-10-22, 17:20   Link #14
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post

@wingdarkness: That wasn't a love relationship. That was a bond between a protector and an innocent soul. Plus that series was an utter disgrace for how utterly bad it was.
The show definatley had it's problems, but I don't share this opinion...I also don't share the opinion that it was just a "bond" relationship...That girl wanted Speed Grapher to take her away...And he did, and I doubt they're "bonding" in seperate beds...He fell for her and the impression from the last ep was that they were together IIRC...

BTW the poster asked for "Male love INTEREST"...
Old 2008-10-23, 00:58   Link #15
Rahan

You are under Arrest : During most of the first series (well, until she finds her man) one of the 2 female lead is interested in older men, particularly her boss. She is in her twenties and her boss in his forties / fifties.
The male lead's father (who is at least in his sixties and looks like it) marries a 20 years old woman during the series, but there aren't that many episodes with them.
Old 2008-10-23, 16:05   Link #16
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newguy View Post
Eh, I don't really care if it's a "healthy" relationship. It can be loli, incest, or trap or whatever else anime can think of for all I care. But I do want the guy to be old looking, He doesn't have to be old but he has too look it. Something like Paradise Kiss and Vampire Knight isn't what I'm looking for since they all look like typical anime punks.

And it doesn't have to be a main story plot either. They can just be sub characters in the show.
if you don't mind some yaoi (no extreme scenes and such though) I'd suggest Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo, the young protoganist falls in love with a much older adult man
Old 2008-11-08, 18:19   Link #17
Newguy

It doesn't have to be the main characters that are older, it could be some sub characters too.....
Old 2008-11-08, 20:04   Link #18
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

ef - a tale of melodies. Currently airing. One of the main subplots involves a romance (of sorts) where the man is significantly older than the girl.
Old 2009-01-18, 14:54   Link #19
Newguy

Sorrow-K, does the guy actually looks older? Or is it one of those he's really 300 years old type of things?
Old 2009-01-18, 15:21   Link #20
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

hmm... Gravitation - the male love interest is definitely older and mature
Closed Thread