AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2008-10-26, 21:47   Link #81
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by neuromancer View Post
Yeah, maybe the anime producers feel sorry for her seiyu and want to give her some extra lines to say other than "Kurosaki-kun". I wonder if they just recorded "Kurosaki-kun" and just press a button each time Orihime has to say it.
Never! Every "Kurosaki-kun" is 100% organic!

In all seriousness though, I've listend to an interview with Orihime's seiyuu (can't remember her name) and Ichigo's seiyuu (Morita) and she has such a cute voice. Morita got very excited every time she switched to Orihime's tone. One of the cutest voices in anime, but unfortunatly more often than not she's given generic and uninspiring lines. Ever since her capture anyway. It doesn't suit Hime to be so grave and gloomy.

Quote:
BTW, love your new ava. Very cool.
Thanks!
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 23:23   Link #82
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post

In all seriousness though, I've listend to an interview with Orihime's seiyuu (can't remember her name) and Ichigo's seiyuu (Morita) and she has such a cute voice. Morita got very excited every time she switched to Orihime's tone. One of the cutest voices in anime, but unfortunatly more often than not she's given generic and uninspiring lines. Ever since her capture anyway. It doesn't suit Hime to be so grave and gloomy.

Thanks!
After looking at the list of roles she voiced in her extended career as a seiyuu, I would say she is solid, but never really stood out for most part. Her voice specializes in bringing out a soft, gentle, and kind of an-air-hear type of characters. She showed some range when she voiced Tsuruya from Suzumiya Haruhi. The highlight of her career, however, is when she voiced Osaka from Azumanga Daioh. You will have to see that series to believe how much comedy a passive, and somewhat challenged character can generate with uttering the most common phrases used in everyday life.
Old 2008-10-27, 05:55   Link #83
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
After looking at the list of roles she voiced in her extended career as a seiyuu, I would say she is solid, but never really stood out for most part. Her voice specializes in bringing out a soft, gentle, and kind of an-air-hear type of characters. She showed some range when she voiced Tsuruya from Suzumiya Haruhi. The highlight of her career, however, is when she voiced Osaka from Azumanga Daioh. You will have to see that series to believe how much comedy a passive, and somewhat challenged character can generate with uttering the most common phrases used in everyday life.
LOL, according to Wiki she also voiced young Ichigo.

I figured her forte would be the softy type characters. Interesting to know. I'll have to watch Azumanga Daioh to see, it got some great reviews.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 09:34   Link #84
Ryuuken
Quincy

Send a message via ICQ to Ryuuken Send a message via MSN to Ryuuken Send a message via Yahoo to Ryuuken
Quote:
I'll have to watch Azumanga Daioh to see, it got some great reviews.
Because it's great =P

Well I usually recognize voice actors immediately, but this is a little surprise =P
Ryuuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 11:44   Link #85
LiquidLink

Angry flashbacks

this is the thing i hate about filler arcs. they take so long that people forget about the main story, so the writers fell they have to constantly retell past events.
Old 2008-10-27, 11:49   Link #86
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

it's called a necessary evil
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 14:59   Link #87
Casshern

Quote:
*pompous voice*

Yes! As True Orihime Fans we must savour each and every Kurosaki-kun, for it is... Unique!

Ironically, according to wiki (the most reliable source of information in all the internets), her seiyu won a voice actor's award for her role as Orihime. Now, if I was her and I had to give a speech for receiving the award, I'd go up to the mic and say Kurosaki-kun
Crowd applauds, haters fume, mission accomplished, back to Las Noches
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-18, 08:56   Link #88
Meisterdieb

This Aporro Krantz espada has my vote for most annoying villain ever. At leat the madly snickering assassin from the Captain Amagai arc died quickly enough - and had that "mad, snickering villain" charm (well not "charm" charm, but...).
But Aporro just annoys the hell out of me - no style whatsoever (at least Ulqui sticks to his emo shtick). Interestingly, he does the very funny (and also very stupid) villain mistake: turning off the anti-spirit particle field so Renji and Ishida can truly fight.
For someone supposedly that intelligent/devious - although we only have his words for it- that has got to be the dumbest action possible (well, only way to up that would be to kill himself to prove that he can do what they cannot...)

Shinigami Golden:
What's up with Renji being in all these clubs/ happenings, where he obviously doesn't want to be? And Yachiru getting her seets again - FTW
Meisterdieb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anime, weekly episode discussion