AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-23, 12:54   Link #21
iLney

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
we can't really say what luciela wanted we just see her figthing easley and getting killed by raphaela
I got that from her conversation with her sister, Raph. It looked like she made those things up to beg for her life though, but it should leastly carry some truth. That was why I wrote "it seemed."
Old 2008-10-23, 18:07   Link #22
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
See below regarding Isley...

Spoiler:

How about this, if you were Isley, the Ghosts, Riful, or the Organization, what moves would you be making right now against your opposing factions? If I were the Organization right now, I'd be seriously considering bringing over a mainland army or two. If I were the Ghosts I'd be considering how to bring in new Claymores, Riful of course would be doing what she is, and Isley, well, see above for that.

How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
Old 2008-10-23, 19:02   Link #23
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

It is difficult to tell what would happen.
The only way i see the other claymores of the org(except rachel and audrey perhaps) being a menace are yoki pills. IMO clare or miria is probably be able to beat all claymores of the org on her own exceptions are alicia and beth. But on the pills they're more dangerous and capricious because they can do sneak attacks. IMO the org now tends to that strategy.

The main battle will be decided between miria, clare, helen, deneve, isley, riful, raciella, alicia, beth and "the thing"
we don't know how strong raciella will be(probably less strong than priscilla but stronger than the rest but even that will be uncertain). All will depend on the alliances the protagonists will choose and the order they fight each other.

MIata and clarice are an uncertain factor too, If clarice will die miata will probably awaken and we then have a forth AO. So miata and clarice shouldn't fight and hide as well.
The humans should hide. They can't do anything in this war but die in vane.
Old 2008-10-23, 23:47   Link #24
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:
Originally Posted by irvinethearcher View Post
It is difficult to tell what would happen.
The only way i see the other claymores of the org(except rachel and audrey perhaps) being a menace are yoki pills. IMO clare or miria is probably be able to beat all claymores of the org on her own exceptions are alicia and beth. But on the pills they're more dangerous and capricious because they can do sneak attacks. IMO the org now tends to that strategy.

The main battle will be decided between miria, clare, helen, deneve, isley, riful, raciella, alicia, beth and "the thing"
we don't know how strong raciella will be(probably less strong than priscilla but stronger than the rest but even that will be uncertain). All will depend on the alliances the protagonists will choose and the order they fight each other.

MIata and clarice are an uncertain factor too, If clarice will die miata will probably awaken and we then have a forth AO. So miata and clarice shouldn't fight and hide as well.
The humans should hide. They can't do anything in this war but die in vane.
Sure they might be more dangerous with regards to sneak attacks, but the disadvantage is that putting all of the Organization's claymores on youki suppressant pills would leave the Organization dangerously blind to the movement of the Abyssal Ones. Not something you want when your "Eye" has just been captured and the Ghosts have two "Eyes" of their own to watch the situation.

In addition it also leaves them more vulnerable in regular fights with Yoma & Awakened Beings, as evidenced in the most recent chapter. I would bet that youki pills is a tactic only of slight worth, and even then only against the Ghosts.

How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
Old 2008-10-24, 00:48   Link #25
Captain Yoruichi
Yoruichi Biased! ^_^

Send a message via AIM to Captain Yoruichi
Quote:
Originally Posted by revan5 View Post
See below regarding Isley...

Spoiler:
What do you think are the chances of this idea, then?

Spoiler for Isley:
Old 2008-10-24, 04:02   Link #26
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Yoruichi View Post
What do you think are the chances of this idea, then?

Spoiler for Isley:
prehaps ,

Spoiler for Isley:
Old 2008-10-24, 10:18   Link #27
shelter
Every word must conjure

Send a message via MSN to shelter
For some reason, the discussion seems to have switched to Isley's role in the "Island War". Maybe a quick summary of the Isley Theories proposed by my fellow forum members is in order:

Spoiler for Summary of Isley Theories:

Ok. I hope I did justice to everyone's explanations. So let me propose an Isley Theory #5:

Spoiler for Yet Another Theory:
Old 2008-10-24, 10:45   Link #28
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelter View Post
For some reason, the discussion seems to have switched to Isley's role in the "Island War". Maybe a quick summary of the Isley Theories proposed by my fellow forum members is in order:

Spoiler for Summary of Isley Theories:

Ok. I hope I did justice to everyone's explanations. So let me propose an Isley Theory #5:

Spoiler for Yet Another Theory:

I have my own theory:

After many, many decades in the cold, barren, snow-covered north with only his male Awaken Beings as company, while finally having gotten rid of that bossy Lolita with a few screws loose, Isley finally arrives in the south -- the land of the female awakened, the holy land -- singing an old Beastie Boys tune in his head.

Girls - all I really want is girls
And in the morning it's girls
Cause in the evening it's girls

I like the way that they walk
And it's chill to hear them talk
And I can always make them smile
From White Castle to the Nile

Girls - to do the dishes
Girls - to clean up my room
Girls - to do the laundry
Girls - and in the bathroom
Girls - that's all I really want is girls
Two at a time - I want girls
With new wave hairdos - I want girls
I ought to whip out my - girls, girls, girls, girls, girls!

Old 2008-10-24, 12:11   Link #29
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta Spanksta View Post

I have my own theory:

After many, many decades in the cold, barren, snow-covered north with only his male Awaken Beings as company, while finally having gotten rid of that bossy Lolita with a few screws loose, Isley finally arrives in the south -- the land of the female awakened, the holy land -- singing an old Beastie Boys tune in his head.

Girls - all I really want is girls
And in the morning it's girls
Cause in the evening it's girls

I like the way that they walk
And it's chill to hear them talk
And I can always make them smile
From White Castle to the Nile

Girls - to do the dishes
Girls - to clean up my room
Girls - to do the laundry
Girls - and in the bathroom
Girls - that's all I really want is girls
Two at a time - I want girls
With new wave hairdos - I want girls
I ought to whip out my - girls, girls, girls, girls, girls!

Now that would really make Isley the "Pretty boy" that Luciella referred to him as.

Spoiler:

Old 2008-10-24, 12:39   Link #30
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Next week, when Duff finds a way to rid himself of his Lolita: Isley and Duff's Excellent Addventure!
Old 2008-10-24, 14:27   Link #31
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

This is a manga thread right? Then there should be no need for spoiler tags.
Old 2008-10-25, 08:52   Link #32
Sordes Pilosus
Claymore Addict

Hmm i just made a post in the Chapter 84 Thread regarding Racilla awakening. Anyone mind reading it over and seing if it has relevance for this thread aswell ? Dont want to create any double posts or simular by posting thories based around that post unless it has relevance.
Old 2008-10-25, 10:53   Link #33
MisterJB
Warden of the West

the Organization and iesley are problably the most powerful factions in the island rigth now.
the organization has Alicia along with more than 40 claymores the only problem is that we don't know who is stronger Alicia or Priscilla.
if Priscilla could kill Alicia then all the other claymores would be uselless against iesley
Old 2008-10-25, 12:24   Link #34
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

I don't think the organization is one of the two strongest factions on the island at all. I think Alicia is overrated; she is a flawed controlled abyssal. She might be as powerful as Riful, but once you take out Beth, while she will still be as power he allegiance will change to her own self-centered purposes, as is what happens to all awakened beings, minus Priscilla who is an exception. I am also one of those who believes that this current generation is weaker than the previous ones. I think that the organization is short sighted and has put all its eggs in one basket with Alicia, and is neglecting the overall strength of the other 45 Claymores, since they think that Alicia is the right direction for their research, and the other projects are less significant now. On the whole, if you include more than just the island, the organization power far exceeds any of the Abyssals or ghosts, but we are talking about the island.

I don't consider Priscilla as being part of Iesley faction anymore, so his faction strength is unknown at this time.

Right now I would rate 'em like this:

1) Priscilla
2) Riful/Iesley
3) Ghosts
4) The Org. (Alicia is as strong as the Abyssals, but she is flawed when it comes to being controlled.

I think the ghosts are going to make a jump in power soon. They have two members who are at number one levels, meaning that they would be Abyssal if awakened. The organization has Alicia, but what they really want is something like Clare. I think she will fight riful soon, and during the battle will find a way to exceed Riful's strength.

1) Priscilla
2) The Ghosts (Clare reaching a new power)
3) Riful/Iseley
4) The Org.

But in that battle, we have a new Abyssal being created. She will take either the number 1 or number 2 slots, and will either be part of Riful's faction or her own.

I just see Alicia as being a liability to the org in a battle of heavy hitters instead of an advantage. Once someone figures out her weakspot, Beth, then she will become her own faction, just like the ABs the org uses to fight the DoD.
Old 2008-10-25, 18:17   Link #35
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Quote:
I don't think the organization is one of the two strongest factions on the island at all. I think Alicia is overrated; she is a flawed controlled abyssal. She might be as powerful as Riful, but once you take out Beth, while she will still be as power he allegiance will change to her own self-centered purposes, as is what happens to all awakened beings, minus Priscilla who is an exception. I am also one of those who believes that this current generation is weaker than the previous ones. I think that the organization is short sighted and has put all its eggs in one basket with Alicia, and is neglecting the overall strength of the other 45 Claymores, since they think that Alicia is the right direction for their research, and the other projects are less significant now. On the whole, if you include more than just the island, the organization power far exceeds any of the Abyssals or ghosts, but we are talking about the island.

I don't consider Priscilla as being part of Iesley faction anymore, so his faction strength is unknown at this time.

Right now I would rate 'em like this:

1) Priscilla
2) Riful/Iesley
3) Ghosts
4) The Org. (Alicia is as strong as the Abyssals, but she is flawed when it comes to being controlled.

I think the ghosts are going to make a jump in power soon. They have two members who are at number one levels, meaning that they would be Abyssal if awakened. The organization has Alicia, but what they really want is something like Clare. I think she will fight riful soon, and during the battle will find a way to exceed Riful's strength.

1) Priscilla
2) The Ghosts (Clare reaching a new power)
3) Riful/Iseley
4) The Org.

But in that battle, we have a new Abyssal being created. She will take either the number 1 or number 2 slots, and will either be part of Riful's faction or her own.

I just see Alicia as being a liability to the org in a battle of heavy hitters instead of an advantage. Once someone figures out her weakspot, Beth, then she will become her own faction, just like the ABs the org uses to fight the DoD.
Yeah, but nobody's ever seen Beth fight right? You never know, they could be both like Theresa-strong as hell but with one just able to do a controlled Abyssal-level awakening. If she is at a really high level like that (and since they used the same yoma to make her a claymore as her sister, we have to assume she must be), then she should have no problems fighting. Rather the problem seems to be can she keep Alicia's soul human while fighting off the onslaught the Ghosts/Abyssals may launch her way during battle?

Old 2008-10-25, 18:27   Link #36
KillerYomaFromSpace

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan5 View Post
Yeah, but nobody's ever seen Beth fight right? You never know, they could be both like Theresa-strong as hell but with one just able to do a controlled Abyssal-level awakening. If she is at a really high level like that (and since they used the same yoma to make her a claymore as her sister, we have to assume she must be), then she should have no problems fighting. Rather the problem seems to be can she keep Alicia's soul human while fighting off the onslaught the Ghosts/Abyssals may launch her way during battle?
I think the attack of both sisters without using the awakening trick should be scary enough
Old 2008-10-25, 18:44   Link #37
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerYomaFromSpace View Post
I think the attack of both sisters without using the awakening trick should be scary enough
Yeah it should be, but the question ought to be is it "scary enough" to make the Ghosts not attempt to take down the Organization? With so many single-digit level fighters amongst the Ghosts, along with Galatea, Miata (who has the potential to be number one ABOVE Alicia), Claire & Miria, do you really think the Ghosts are lacking fighters who could prove severe hazards to both sisters?

My theory is that we're likely to see both sisters or just Beth in the coming Helen/Deneve arc. Without Claire I rather doubt they'll be fighting to take the sisters out should they encounter them, but I'm sure Miria and her team of five reserve fighters will prove more than capable in rescuing Helen/Deneve from whatever trouble they are guaranteed to get themselves into.

That isn't to say either is a bad fighter. On the contrary, I think they could prove a match or more for Numbers 3 & 5. The problem is if they run into either of the top two! Based on my intuition of claymore plot & there penchant for trouble, I'm putting the likelihood on that at better than 50%.

Old 2008-10-25, 18:46   Link #38
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

I'm sort of under the impression that Beth is vulnerable when Alicia goes abyssal. I don't think she can fight, when her sister awakens, or if she does than Alicia loses her humanity. The whole thing is flawed, and works good if she is fighting regular claymores or regular ABs, but against Riful and all her ribbons, or Iesley and his arrows, Beth is probably history. Those two are too clever not to figure out the gimmick, and Riful like Ophelia is good at analyzing her opponents moves
Old 2008-10-25, 18:53   Link #39
MisterJB
Warden of the West

when the Organization tries to kill an Abissal one they will probrably have the others 40 claymore protecting Beth while Alicia figths
but that take us to a situation similar to the one Easley faced against Luciela
even by example if Alicia killed Riful then Easley would just appear and finish her off while she was very tired and the 40 claymores wouldn't have a chance against him
Old 2008-10-25, 18:57   Link #40
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Quote:
I'm sort of under the impression that Beth is vulnerable when Alicia goes abyssal. I don't think she can fight, when her sister awakens, or if she does than Alicia loses her humanity. The whole thing is flawed, and works good if she is fighting regular claymores or regular ABs, but against Riful and all her ribbons, or Iesley and his arrows, Beth is probably history. Those two are too clever not to figure out the gimmick, and Riful like Ophelia is good at analyzing her opponents moves
This is why I'm pretty certain though the Ghosts are fearful of facing Alicia in combat, they know they stand a decent chance of taking out Beth & loosing a new, mostly brainless Abyssal upon the island, which should prove easier to kill. Either that or the Organization attempts to protect Beth with every other Claymore that they have.

I imagine a battle between the Ghosts & Organization this way. Alicia awakens, and Claire & Miria tag-team her, attempting to both keep her contained while trying trying to kill her & simultaneously survive.

The others, led by Deneve & Galatea, pinpoint Beth's location and get smacked into a giant battle with the remaining high level Claymores. I also think that some more high level Claymores will desert by this time (namely Renee & one or two other Single Digits) and be fighting alongside them.

Sometime during the battle Claire or Miria are forced to do a controlled awakening of their limbs and go over their limits. Thus the Organization finds out they're fighting two very SPECIAL people...ones that they would absolutely love to capture.

So sure, maybe they lose that battle, but round two might be when they bring in a mainland army! Of the 3 other factions on the island, only the Ghosts have the standing to lead an opposing army (namely the armed forces of Rabona). Most of the Abyssal Ones hate groups, and the Organization has been systematically wiping out Awakened ones for years now, no doubt leading to a shortage of possible awakened ones for either Abyssal faction to gather an army with.

Closed Thread