AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-10-25, 19:03   Link #41
KillerYomaFromSpace
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by revan5 View Post
Yeah it should be, but the question ought to be is it "scary enough" to make the Ghosts not attempt to take down the Organization?
I didn't say that, I should have used the word dangerous instead of scary, the ghosts are ready to sacrifice themselves, so fear is not a factor here
KillerYomaFromSpace is offline  
Old 2008-10-25, 19:05   Link #42
MisterJB
Warden of the West
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Casterly Rock
Quote:
Originally Posted by revan5 View Post
This is why I'm pretty certain though the Ghosts are fearful of facing Alicia in combat, they know they stand a decent chance of taking out Beth & loosing a new, mostly brainless Abyssal upon the island, which should prove easier to kill. Either that or the Organization attempts to protect Beth with every other Claymore that they have.

I imagine a battle between the Ghosts & Organization this way. Alicia awakens, and Claire & Miria tag-team her, attempting to both keep her contained while trying trying to kill her & simultaneously survive.

The others, led by Deneve & Galatea, pinpoint Beth's location and get smacked into a giant battle with the remaining high level Claymores. I also think that some more high level Claymores will desert by this time (namely Renee & one or two other Single Digits) and be fighting alongside them.

Sometime during the battle Claire or Miria are forced to do a controlled awakening of their limbs and go over their limits. Thus the Organization finds out they're fighting two very SPECIAL people...ones that they would absolutely love to capture.

So sure, maybe they lose that battle, but round two might be when they bring in a mainland army! Of the 3 other factions on the island, only the Ghosts have the standing to lead an opposing army (namely the armed forces of Rabona). Most of the Abyssal Ones hate groups, and the Organization has been systematically wiping out Awakened ones for years now, no doubt leading to a shortage of possible awakened ones for either Abyssal faction to gather an army with.
i don't see the soldiers of rabona being brave enough to figth against claymore only galk and sid
__________________
MisterJB is offline  
Old 2008-10-25, 19:08   Link #43
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerYomaFromSpace View Post
I didn't say that, I should have used the word dangerous instead of scary, the ghosts are ready to sacrifice themselves, so fear is not a factor here
You've got that right. Do you remember when Claire was facing off with Riful? When she initially sensed Riful she was apprehensive, but she got as calm as can be when less than 20 meters from an Abyssal! Makes you think the Ghosts are rather better at sensing what they're facing, as Claire seemed to know exactly what attack she'd be facing when she fled. Though it was a surprise rescue, being able to rescue 4 Claymores, two of them impaled upon an Abyssal One's body, can only be thought of as impressive. Especially since none of them received so much as a scratch from "mighty" Riful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
i don't see the soldiers of rabona being brave enough to figth against claymore only galk and sid
Oh, who said anything about them having to fight Claymores at that point in time? Did I not say they'd likely be facing off with part of the big mainland army of the Organization? That clearly is not entirely made up of "special warriors" that awaken, meaning that they should have significant use for Rabona's army in the story. Sure there might be some Claymores left, but I got a feeling Rabona will play a key role later on in this story.

Look, for the Ghosts to wind up at a heavily fortified city with its own army & antipathy to the Organization just seems far too good not to be put to use in this story. If the Ghosts figure out the advantages of turning the humans against the Organization, then starting with Rabona is a good idea. The only real issue is when it would happen. Clearly this would be of little use if they were just fighting the Abyssals. However, should the Organization call for backup, then having your own "neighborhood" army isn't such a bad thing, eh?
__________________


How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
revan5 is offline  
Old 2008-10-25, 19:16   Link #44
MisterJB
Warden of the West
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Casterly Rock
Quote:
Originally Posted by revan5 View Post


Oh, who said anything about them having to fight Claymores at that point in time? Did I not say they'd likely be facing off with part of the big mainland army of the Organization? That clearly is not entirely made up of "special warriors" that awaken, meaning that they should have significant use for Rabona's army in the story. Sure there might be some Claymores left, but I got a feeling Rabona will play a key role later on in this story.

Look, for the Ghosts to wind up at a heavily fortified city with its own army & antipathy to the Organization just seems far too good not to be put to use in this story. If the Ghosts figure out the advantages of turning the humans against the Organization, then starting with Rabona is a good idea. The only real issue is when it would happen. Clearly this would be of little use if they were just fighting the Abyssals. However, should the Organization call for backup, then having your own "neighborhood" army isn't such a bad thing, eh?
i misuderstood you
__________________
MisterJB is offline  
Old 2008-10-25, 21:57   Link #45
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
i misuderstood you
That's alright. Anyways, does anyone have an opinion on when we'll see the first big fight? One would think it would be Riful vs. the newly Awakened Abyssal One (should that happen), and then perhaps the Ghosts vs. Dauf. I'm hoping it will be so at least.

Any predictions on what matchups we'll see shortly different from this? Seems to me the plot is pretty open-ended right now.
__________________


How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
revan5 is offline  
Old 2008-10-25, 22:10   Link #46
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 29
If Yagi-sensei goes with the "kicking iron board" drift, then the sisters vs. Riful is on the cards.
__________________
Those from the lower levels cannot hope to surpass those from the upper.

RIP, Oba-chan (1935-2008)
yezhanquan is offline  
Old 2008-10-25, 22:27   Link #47
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Hey, I'm going to go out on a limb here, but you know what, this could happen with Claire...

Claire "You've killed so many already! And now Yuma!?! AND NOW YUMA!!"
lightning crackles around Claire and her hair gets all spikey...
Riful "W-What are you?"
Claire "Don't you know? I am the light in the dark. The hope of a world crying out in fear. Freind to good, doom to evil. I AM A SUPER CLAYMORE! I AM A SUPER CLAYMORE!"
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............................................
Well not exactly like that, but if anyone is going to do a controled awakening, or something different that surpasess awakening it's going to be Claire.
__________________
YUMA PUNCH! YUMA BARRIER! YUMA HEALING MAGIC! Yuma has a very diverse moveset.
Negativedark is offline  
Old 2008-10-25, 23:18   Link #48
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negativedark View Post
Hey, I'm going to go out on a limb here, but you know what, this could happen with Claire...

Claire "You've killed so many already! And now Yuma!?! AND NOW YUMA!!"
lightning crackles around Claire and her hair gets all spikey...
Riful "W-What are you?"
Claire "Don't you know? I am the light in the dark. The hope of a world crying out in fear. Freind to good, doom to evil. I AM A SUPER CLAYMORE! I AM A SUPER CLAYMORE!"
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............................................
Well not exactly like that, but if anyone is going to do a controled awakening, or something different that surpasess awakening it's going to be Claire.
Now that would be awesome. So if I get this straight, essentially Riful finds out that Claire might be an Abyssal-level opponent while Claire gets pissed, right? I will say this, she's already gotten way stronger than before, and now has two Awakened Number #2 kills to her credit. She killed Rigardo (though paid a heavy price for it) and with help from Miria/other Ghosts took out Agatha in nearly an instant. Given 7 years, you'd have to think her partial awakening of limbs now would be on an another, completely devastating order of lethality.

So essentially, if Claire & Miria were to awaken their limbs now, would they be the equivalent of Abyssal or near-Abyssal Ones? Add in Miata, Helen, Deneve & the others and you've got one dangerous group. Still, killing an Abyssal One is unlikely to prove easy for Claire or Miria. I expect there will be a heavy price to pay for each of those kinds of victories.
__________________


How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
revan5 is offline  
Old 2008-10-25, 23:23   Link #49
iLney
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by revan5 View Post
Now that would be awesome...
I hope it was sarcasm...
iLney is offline  
Old 2008-10-25, 23:25   Link #50
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLney View Post
I hope it was sarcasm...
Oh man, nailed again. Still, a scene in which Claire goes beserk on Riful would be pretty entertaining, even if it weren't like how it was comically portrayed.

I think we'd all love to see what Claire is really capable of against an Abyssal-level opponent.
__________________


How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
revan5 is offline  
Old 2008-10-26, 02:35   Link #51
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tejas
Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negativedark View Post
Hey, I'm going to go out on a limb here, but you know what, this could happen with Claire...

Claire "You've killed so many already! And now Yuma!?! AND NOW YUMA!!"
lightning crackles around Claire and her hair gets all spikey...
Riful "W-What are you?"
Claire "Don't you know? I am the light in the dark. The hope of a world crying out in fear. Freind to good, doom to evil. I AM A SUPER CLAYMORE! I AM A SUPER CLAYMORE!"
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............................................
Well not exactly like that, but if anyone is going to do a controled awakening, or something different that surpasess awakening it's going to be Claire.
Damn :P now clair makes stupid speeches like Sailormoon II_II
Gangsta Spanksta is offline  
Old 2008-10-26, 02:46   Link #52
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tejas
Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Quote:
Originally Posted by revan5 View Post
So essentially, if Claire & Miria were to awaken their limbs now, would they be the equivalent of Abyssal or near-Abyssal Ones? Add in Miata, Helen, Deneve & the others and you've got one dangerous group. Still, killing an Abyssal One is unlikely to prove easy for Claire or Miria. I expect there will be a heavy price to pay for each of those kinds of victories.
I think Claire an Miria if awakened would be on the Abyssal level. I dunno if Miria will ever awaken her limbs like Clare does. She seems to be the cautious type. Miata would be on the Abyssal level since she has the potential to be number 1, it's probably her few screws loose that kept her from that position. I mean here is something to think about: The Alicia/Beth project started in Teresa's time, Miata is from after Clare's time, yet she has the potential to be number 1 given Alicia is the current number 1. That is potential of course, just like Priscilla having the potential to be number one when Teresa was around, doesn't mean that she would ever supplant Teresa.

Also, the next time clare awakens, be it fully or just limbs, I expect it to be different from the last version in looks and functionality.
Gangsta Spanksta is offline  
Old 2008-10-26, 02:52   Link #53
Newhope
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: England
I personally don't think we'll see another awakening like Claire's in her fight against Rigardo it just won't cut it against an abyssal level opponent there just to powerful to lose to a half hearted awakening, for any of the ghosts to stand a chance I think they would need to go the whole way and achieve the frist fully self controlled awakeings. If that happens I think it could bring the DND and the ORG into the story a lot more as the ghosts would become what the ORG has been working towards for the last century and naturally the DND would be trying to stop them.
Newhope is offline  
Old 2008-10-26, 03:23   Link #54
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tejas
Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
I personally don't think we'll see another awakening like Claire's in her fight against Rigardo it just won't cut it against an abyssal level opponent there just to powerful to lose to a half hearted awakening, for any of the ghosts to stand a chance I think they would need to go the whole way and achieve the frist fully self controlled awakeings. If that happens I think it could bring the DND and the ORG into the story a lot more as the ghosts would become what the ORG has been working towards for the last century and naturally the DND would be trying to stop them.
First off, you use the wrong term to describe a controlled awakening of a Claymore's limbs. There was nothing half hearted about Clare's controlled awakening of her limbs. It was an all out battle to the death that she took serious. Your second term also doesn't mean what you are trying to say. A fully self controlled awakening can be awakening just a pinkie to awakening the entire body minus the mind, which would be the point the human mind loses control to the 'awakened' mind. Anyway, I don't see much difference from awakening all her limbs to awakening her whole body as far as the technique goes. What Clare did was combine what she learned from the quick sword from what she saw Jean doing -- keeping her mind in a fully awakened body -- to awaken her limbs and stay in control. The next time, she probably will be better at it than her first try. The more you awaken, the more control you must have. It's all a matter of practice and building the control. I think we will probably see a fully awakened clare. I don't know if Clare will fight her last battle in that state though, because I know a little bit about writing, and how authors think. You have two polar opposites here. One an Abyssal creature like Priscilla and then on the other hand you have Teresa of the Faint Smile who never uglies her face in combat. That's two paths that Clare can travel down of. On one hand you have Humanity and on the other hand you have a Demon. Clare's battle in the North is opposite from her battle in the Slashers arc and how Teresa fights. I could see the possible setup right away.
Gangsta Spanksta is offline  
Old 2008-10-26, 07:08   Link #55
iLney
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by revan5 View Post
Oh man, nailed again. Still, a scene in which Claire goes beserk on Riful would be pretty entertaining, even if it weren't like how it was comically portrayed.

I think we'd all love to see what Claire is really capable of against an Abyssal-level opponent.
Unless Riful is wrong about everything and fails at life, Clare is no match for any AO even if fully awakened,
iLney is offline  
Old 2008-10-26, 07:28   Link #56
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Florida
Clare can be a match for any AO, she just has to know their weakness. Once she knows their weakness, she can configure her body to take advantage of it, just like when she fought Rigaldo.
__________________
Miria is alive
Awakened is offline  
Old 2008-10-26, 08:20   Link #57
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta Spanksta View Post
Damn :P now clair makes stupid speeches like Sailormoon II_II
Son Goku actually.

Anyways while that exact thing won't happen, I wouldn't be surprised if Claire does get to do some sort of transformation at some point. Granted in this series it could be a bit nervewracking, what with the possibility of losing your mind and all, but it might happen.
__________________
YUMA PUNCH! YUMA BARRIER! YUMA HEALING MAGIC! Yuma has a very diverse moveset.
Negativedark is offline  
Old 2008-10-26, 09:21   Link #58
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Florida
I think Clare will eventually awaken. Everything has been leading up to her awakening as far as am concerned.

We have the Org doing research to get a controllable Ab (Clare is part of that research).

We have Ruble saying that Clare is what the Org wants, but he is hiding her from them.

We have Yagi staking the ghost with three sensing Claymore's possible four (Renee), to give each of the G4 their own personal pull me back if I go out of control.
__________________
Miria is alive
Awakened is offline  
Old 2008-10-26, 10:17   Link #59
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakened View Post
I think Clare will eventually awaken. Everything has been leading up to her awakening as far as am concerned.

We have the Org doing research to get a controllable Ab (Clare is part of that research).

We have Ruble saying that Clare is what the Org wants, but he is hiding her from them.

We have Yagi staking the ghost with three sensing Claymore's possible four (Renee), to give each of the G4 their own personal pull me back if I go out of control.
I know they have two right now (Tabitha & Galatea), so who's the third that they currently have? Cynthia?

I would have to say, yes, Clare is what the Organization wants, but she isn't exactly going to come willingly. So if you were the Organization, how would you capture somebody of Clare's level? The only way is either with their number one claymore or with an entire army of "special warriors" through armed force means.

The only alternative is they capture Raki and tell her what to do through threats to him. In other words, her love/affection for Raki will be used as her controlling agent.

Anybody else have any theories on how they would attempt to capture the fabulous 4 assuming they find out about partial-awakening?
__________________


How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
revan5 is offline  
Old 2008-10-26, 10:19   Link #60
KillerYomaFromSpace
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakened View Post
We have Yagi staking the ghost with three sensing Claymore's possible four (Renee), to give each of the G4 their own personal pull me back if I go out of control.
aaah, I just had a horrible vision... Fully awakened Clare soul linked with the 4 of them
KillerYomaFromSpace is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:12.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.