AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-11-08, 16:14   Link #121
MisterJB
Warden of the West
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Casterly Rock
In my opinion, Easley and the Organization are the strongest factions rigth now and I think they will face very soon.

Reasons for that? Well, Alicia, Beth and Easley are the only caracthers that we haven't saw since the seven years timeskip, so it's natural they will appear at the same time and they probrably will figth.
Now, who do you think will win that figth?
__________________
MisterJB is offline  
Old 2008-11-08, 23:11   Link #122
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
In my opinion, Easley and the Organization are the strongest factions rigth now and I think they will face very soon.

Reasons for that? Well, Alicia, Beth and Easley are the only characters that we haven't saw since the seven years timeskip, so it's natural they will appear at the same time and they probrably will figth.
Now, who do you think will win that figth?
Well, if it were merely Isley vs. Alicia, then I'd say he would lose, as those two (Alicia & Beth) might be able to switch off awakening.

As for war prospects overall, the Ghosts look highly vulnerable right now, but not as vulnerable as the Organization. The only people the Organization has that can truly be considered of danger to the Ghosts are Nos 9 and up. Considering Yuma merely knocked out No 14, I'd say it's a fair guess even if they sent the whole force against the Ghosts, most of the lower ranks would be taken care of rapidly. Nos 1 & 2 would face off against Claire & Miria. The rest would take on the Deneve/Galatea-led teams and probably be in for a really tough fight.

HOWEVER, should the Ghosts acquire this "Raciella" as a partially awakened ally rather than an enemy, I would think they'll either kill Riful/Dauf in the process or force them into Isley's hands. That's a big if, but I get the feeling, judging from Renee NOT being up to the task of awakening Rafaela/Luciella's combined remains, that the only people capable of it will be Claire/Cynthia.

Most likely they will somehow be forced by Riful to help (though they will hold off on fighting, as they figure it to be suicidal-yeah I know, disappointing except that I'm sure Claire will figure out a way to turn the newly merged being against Riful) awaken/merge a new being. When Claire/Cynthia stop it short of fully awakening, Riful will become furious and attempt to awaken it fully.

At that moment she will realize her (perhaps final) mistake and be fighting shortly thereafter for her life against Raciella and the 3 Ghosts.

As for what will happen other than that, I have no idea. I have to imagine though that Renee will stay alive at least until the Ghosts meet Raki.
__________________


How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
revan5 is offline  
Old 2008-11-09, 05:44   Link #123
MisterJB
Warden of the West
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Casterly Rock
revan5: Now that you have said it...
I never thougth of that, if there are Claymores (Galatea and maybe Beth) and Awakened Beings(that guy in the north that Deneve killed) who can make someone go over their limits then maybe they could do the oposite and make an Awakened Being revert to the human form
__________________

Last edited by MisterJB; 2008-11-09 at 08:03.
MisterJB is offline  
Old 2008-11-11, 13:43   Link #124
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
revan5: Now that you have said it...
I never thougth of that, if there are Claymores (Galatea and maybe Beth) and Awakened Beings(that guy in the north that Deneve killed) who can make someone go over their limits then maybe they could do the oposite and make an Awakened Being revert to the human form
Then perhaps Raki is searching for Claire knowing that perhaps she can "revert" Priscilla to her old state, or at least a partially awakened state. That would certainly change the balance of power on the island...Isley would be completely isolated and almost certainly would need to ally himself with somebody like Riful, who may need to ally herself with Isley soon enough if Raciella does not fully awaken.
__________________


How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
revan5 is offline  
Old 2008-11-11, 14:38   Link #125
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you.
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by revan5 View Post
Then perhaps Raki is searching for Claire knowing that perhaps she can "revert" Priscilla to her old state, or at least a partially awakened state. That would certainly change the balance of power on the island...Isley would be completely isolated and almost certainly would need to ally himself with somebody like Riful, who may need to ally herself with Isley soon enough if Raciella does not fully awaken.
I don't think that's his purpose. We only know for certain that he's looking for Clare. We don't know if he's planned anything beyond that, however. He might not have taken into account what Clare might do when she confronts the fact that he's been traveling with an Awakened Being, much less Priscilla.

And somehow I doubt that it's possible to change someone back into a human who's fully awakened, because their way of thinking greatly changes as well. Resisting awakening in the first place taes a strong mind, but even the mere possibility of "un-awakening" would take incredible mental strength ("the human heart", so to speak) which a typical Awakened Being would no longer possess in the first place.
__________________
Spectacular_Insanity is offline  
Old 2008-11-11, 14:46   Link #126
MisterJB
Warden of the West
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Casterly Rock
I see i was misunderstood; to me is also impossible to bring back someone who has fully Awakened what I meant was like this:

We got Miria and Clare figthing Easley, they are getting her asses kicked but then, Galatea, Tabitha and Cynthia step in and using their combined Yoki-manipulation's power they manage to bring Easley back to his human-form, then it would be easy for Miria and CLare to kill him.
__________________
MisterJB is offline  
Old 2008-11-11, 15:19   Link #127
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
I don't think that's his purpose. We only know for certain that he's looking for Clare. We don't know if he's planned anything beyond that, however. He might not have taken into account what Clare might do when she confronts the fact that he's been traveling with an Awakened Being, much less Priscilla.

And somehow I doubt that it's possible to change someone back into a human who's fully awakened, because their way of thinking greatly changes as well. Resisting awakening in the first place taes a strong mind, but even the mere possibility of "un-awakening" would take incredible mental strength ("the human heart", so to speak) which a typical Awakened Being would no longer possess in the first place.
Yet we also know that some amount of humanity remains in a number of people like Ophelia that become Awakened Beings. We should consider it NOT out of the realm of possibilities for an awakened being to revert in some way, even if only in the way Ophelia did.

I still think that we will NOT see Renee merge/awaken a "Raciella". Why? Because as Renee points out, she is not very skilled in internal youki manipulation, just Youki detection. What that means is that I am pretty certain Claire/Cynthia MUST BE THE ONES TO MERGE THE NEW ABYSSAL-LEVEL BEING.

Why would they do that? Well, I have the feeling that Riful IS going to detect them, and that Claire, for the sake of saving her comrades from dying, will agree to do it. That is NOT to say that she'll agree to what Riful was planning on. I think Claire may be forming a plan already about only partially awakening someone of Abyssal-level strength. Then after Riful becomes upset at a lack of total awakening, she commits a large (and possibly fatal) mistake of attempting to awaken the new creation herself! At least that's my theory...

Which reminds me, what is supposed to happen when you merge/and possibly awaken two Abyssal-level beings, one of whom has awakened, and the other who has not?

Do you get a PARTIALLY AWAKENED CLAYMORE SIMILAR TO THERESA IN STRENGTH? Do you get an Priscilla-level Awakened being with memories from both sisters? Does anyone have any good reasoning as to what we will see result? Plus how does the new merged being figure in the Island War?
__________________


How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
revan5 is offline  
Old 2008-11-13, 17:20   Link #128
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Well after reading volume 13 I realized something about Audery and Racheal. Having survived the experience with Riful, they might be a lot wiser now. At the very least there are two lessions they should have learned.

1: Pay attention to the terrain. This seems to be a common problem with the new generation, since
Spoiler for spoilers for latest chapter:


2on't judge a foe by how much yoki you sense.
__________________
YUMA PUNCH! YUMA BARRIER! YUMA HEALING MAGIC! Yuma has a very diverse moveset.
Negativedark is offline  
Old 2008-11-13, 18:51   Link #129
radioIzzy
stuck in a harem genre
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
How long has this war been going on for?

I just never got a clear answer for this question, but after reading the island/ experiement part in ch. 84 or 85, I've always sort of wonder how long the mainland war has been going on for.
radioIzzy is offline  
Old 2008-11-14, 01:54   Link #130
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:
Originally Posted by radioIzzy View Post
How long has this war been going on for?

I just never got a clear answer for this question, but after reading the island/ experiement part in ch. 84 or 85, I've always sort of wonder how long the mainland war has been going on for.
Go over to Onemanga.com, and then find claymore chapter 79, pages 27-28. It essentially says that the two sides (possibly composed of many previous countries gobbled up by two great powers) have been at war for more than a century. The war took a turn a century ago when it split into only two different sides, one of which used Dragonkin/dragons to take on the power behind the Organization.

After that Claymores and Awakened Beings were created and experimented upon in order to match the dragonkin in battle. So in essence that seems to suggest that none of the Abyssal Ones on the Island is older than a century or so. It also suggests that Claymores are a relatively new innovation of the past century, since it implies that they came into being AFTER the dragonkin began making a devastating impact upon the battlefields of the mainland war.
__________________


How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
revan5 is offline  
Old 2008-11-14, 12:15   Link #131
MisterJB
Warden of the West
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Casterly Rock
In my opinion, the Island war is going to lose one faction soon, because I think that Riful is enjoying her last moments alive.

This will happen because I'm 100% sure that we will see the Awakening of Raciela, Yagi-san has always given what his fans wanted and he won't let us down on this.
SO this is what I think it will happen:
Renne Awakens Raciela and she attacks Riful, Riful is able to kill Raciela but Easley has felt that Riful was really wounded because of the figth and he rushs to finish the job. Riful will have no chance because she doesn't have a Priscilla watching her back
__________________
MisterJB is offline  
Old 2008-11-15, 14:24   Link #132
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
In my opinion, the Island war is going to lose one faction soon, because I think that Riful is enjoying her last moments alive.

This will happen because I'm 100% sure that we will see the Awakening of Raciela, Yagi-san has always given what his fans wanted and he won't let us down on this.
SO this is what I think it will happen:
Renne Awakens Raciela and she attacks Riful, Riful is able to kill Raciela but Easley has felt that Riful was really wounded because of the figth and he rushs to finish the job. Riful will have no chance because she doesn't have a Priscilla watching her back
Well I don't know about a full-awakening. Yagi seems to be inferring from the most recent chapter that perhaps we won't see a full awakening, but rather we will see Riful attempt to get even with Claire & Co. After all, what is the point of Riful saying "You'll pay dearly for this" if it never happens? My guess is we will NOT see a full awakening if Claire is involved. If she isn't involved with Raciella, then we will see a full-scale awakening.

Have to agree on the Riful dying part, if not on who does it. I think she'll be killed by "Raciella", not Isley or even Alicia. Why? Well she's merging/awakening two Abyssal-level individuals for one. 1 + 1 usually = 2

If Claire is involved and the individual only partially awakens then I have a feeling Raciella may join the side of the Ghosts. Otherwise she will form her own new faction in all of this. My guess is her hunger will lead her on a rampage if she awakens, which will result in a showdown between her and Priscilla.
__________________


How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
revan5 is offline  
Old 2008-11-15, 16:34   Link #133
KillerYomaFromSpace
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
I don't think Riful will get killed, defeated, maybe, but I'm sure that with a body like hers and her hability to disappear, she can easily escape any situation
KillerYomaFromSpace is offline  
Old 2008-11-16, 00:08   Link #134
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerYomaFromSpace View Post
I don't think Riful will get killed, defeated, maybe, but I'm sure that with a body like hers and her hability to disappear, she can easily escape any situation
Yeah, but can she escape in time if she doesn't sense the true strength of that which she is fighting/possibly awakening? Speed is only useful when you're quick in reacting, or plan ahead. Being right next to a new Abyssal One seems to be less than well-planned on Riful's part, particularly since she can't tell if what she's awakening is stronger than her (and cannot even read the Youki enough to truly look at it, else she wouldn't be guessing about "Raciella's" strength.

What I'm saying is that Riful (Western Abyssal faction) seems to be the most vulnerable of the four sides currently on the island. Oh sure, she may have the most potential to gain at the moment, but the Ghosts have the most potential to gain in the long-run, and if Miata calms down and gets stronger, the Organization may be in even greater trouble.
__________________


How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
revan5 is offline  
Old 2008-11-18, 15:41   Link #135
Wiggle wyrm
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
At the moment, I wouldnít say that any of the sides have an insurmountable advantage over the others. That will probably be changing pretty soon with Rafciela awakening and who knows what Priscilla will do when she reaches her limit.

The Organization: As far as we know, still only have Alicia and Beth, that and a generation of Claymores who are mostly rookies and amateurs.

Isley: Is MIA and doesnít seem to have Priscilla anymore.

Riful: Has plans, and probably a few ABís, but at the moment her only trump card is a strange coffee table that may well destroy her.

Ghosts: Are effectively invisible right now, but donít have the power to take down any of the big movers and shakers.

Raki & Priscilla: A ticking time bomb wandering around right now. Not involved with any of the other factions right now.
Wiggle wyrm is offline  
Old 2008-11-19, 20:32   Link #136
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggle wyrm View Post
At the moment, I wouldnít say that any of the sides have an insurmountable advantage over the others. That will probably be changing pretty soon with Rafciela awakening and who knows what Priscilla will do when she reaches her limit.

The Organization: As far as we know, still only have Alicia and Beth, that and a generation of Claymores who are mostly rookies and amateurs.

Isley: Is MIA and doesnít seem to have Priscilla anymore.

Riful: Has plans, and probably a few ABís, but at the moment her only trump card is a strange coffee table that may well destroy her.

Ghosts: Are effectively invisible right now, but donít have the power to take down any of the big movers and shakers.

Raki & Priscilla: A ticking time bomb wandering around right now. Not involved with any of the other factions right now.
We'll see about that part about the Ghosts not having "the power to take down any of the big movers and shakers" now won't we? I would hazard a guess that they could do some significant damage as a group of 7 against Riful or Isley, or heck, even Alicia and Beth. They've acquired (I'm pretty certain Miria will have them as allies soon enough) Galatea, Miata and Clarice in addition to that. One is an ex-No 3, another a ex-No 4 with the potential to OUTDO the current No 1, Alicia. They explicitly mentioned that (The Organization that is) when giving Clarice her pre-mission briefing (chapter 73 page 3).

My guess is that Claire will be forced to go up to a whole new level (and possibly alert the Org to her half-awakened status via Renee) that forced Half-Awakenings are very possible. That might mean she'll eventually rival an Abyssal One by the end of this storyline (fingers crossed).

As for Isley being a separate faction than Priscilla...well, we don't really know that. There's been a debate on earlier that he may be in fact trailing Raki & Priscilla in the hope that they'd find Riful and/or her prize. The theories on that range from Raki/Priscilla being actively involved, to being passively used and also to be unknowingly used (my theory).

I agree that Riful's sole possession right now might kill her though. It looks very likely she has something more powerful than herself and doesn't know it.
__________________


How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
revan5 is offline  
Old 2008-11-20, 00:52   Link #137
FateAnomaly
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
I don't really believe the ghosts are all that powerful now. It just that they had numbers on their side. Both Riful and and Alicia have shown that they are capable of defeating mutiple above avg ABs. The ghost work together to defeat ABs. Therefore, a simple solution to defeat them is by using numbers. Gather enough ABs/Claymores to match their numbers and have Riful/Alicia defeat them 1 by 1.
FateAnomaly is offline  
Old 2008-11-20, 02:03   Link #138
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
I don't really believe the ghosts are all that powerful now. It just that they had numbers on their side. Both Riful and and Alicia have shown that they are capable of defeating mutiple above avg ABs. The ghost work together to defeat ABs. Therefore, a simple solution to defeat them is by using numbers. Gather enough ABs/Claymores to match their numbers and have Riful/Alicia defeat them 1 by 1.
It's less that the Ghosts are really powerful right now than the fact that they clearly have the most potential of all the factions on the island. If they keep picking off Claymores from the Organization, then it'll be just a matter of time before the balance of power shifts in their favor.

If Riful dies and/or "Raciella" joins them, that'll really benefit them. Considering Claire's plot armor, I'd say it's likely to see Riful's death. I'd make it about 50/50 considering what she's trying to awaken. That'd make her the first faction to die and the Ghosts possibly the first to benefit or come in contact with "Raciella" as a new faction.

As for when the war between the Ghosts' and Org gets started, I put it within the next six months/chapters. Right now Helen/Deneve risk getting things started early exposing themselves to No 8, who may or MAY NOT have been told about mysterious, enemy claymores from the North. We'll find out how much she knows shortly...but I get the feeling she's brighter than most when it comes to running thru Helen's lies.
__________________


How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
revan5 is offline  
Old 2008-11-26, 16:12   Link #139
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by revan5
Considering Yuma merely knocked out No 14
I thought about the Yuma - Punch again. It seems that most of us, i'm included, have forgotten, that number 14 was under yoki - suprresants. Therefore she probably would be stronger with yoki release. Yuma was trained to fight yokiless so she had perhaps some kind of advantage too? This would perhaps explain to some degree why dietrich is that strong. But somehow i think she is half-awakened because she seems to strong to me.
__________________
irvinethearcher is offline  
Old 2008-12-02, 20:43   Link #140
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Spoiler:
__________________


How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"

Last edited by revan5; 2008-12-02 at 23:50.
revan5 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:16.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.