AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 14 14.43%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 34.02%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 20.62%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 15.46%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 10.31%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 3.09%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.03%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.03%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-10-24, 01:51   Link #41
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Obsessive cleanliness? I would choose that everyday, over any kind of obsession... Makes alife of a slob so much easier.

msuwildog80, weell I agree with you at this point that phrases at this moment would

Spoiler for phrase:
Oh, I can tell you obsessive cleanliness can become OCD and actually be debilitating. My grandmother suffered from a fair case of it; fearing public places because of dirt and germs, cleaning the same areas constantly, spraying disenfectant til the area was barely breathable.

@margafred: aye, that scene reminded me of Stitch (Lilo&Stitch) going from full homicidal mania to purring with the right touch.
Vexx is offline  
Old 2008-10-24, 02:44   Link #42
jedinat
フリーター
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 28
Reading the manga got me all confused... It's like it jumped back to before episode 2. I thought we already knew that Kitamura had confessed to Taiga... apparently not. And it seems the anime decided to ignore the rejected confession from said episode. Kitamura seemed to express very well that he was no longer interested in Taiga... yet now it's again Kitamura this, Kitamura that. This anime might be a bit too annoying for me. I've seen this story before in Lovely Complex, and in that case the chemistry between the leads was more interesting. If the leads don't get through this stage in their relationship quickly the show is going to become tedious.
jedinat is offline  
Old 2008-10-24, 03:04   Link #43
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The USA
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
Reading the manga got me all confused... It's like it jumped back to before episode 2. I thought we already knew that Kitamura had confessed to Taiga... apparently not. And it seems the anime decided to ignore the rejected confession from said episode. Kitamura seemed to express very well that he was no longer interested in Taiga... yet now it's again Kitamura this, Kitamura that. This anime might be a bit too annoying for me. I've seen this story before in Lovely Complex, and in that case the chemistry between the leads was more interesting. If the leads don't get through this stage in their relationship quickly the show is going to become tedious.
At the end of episode two, Taiga said that she wasn't going to give up on Kitamura, so...*shrugs*
__________________

General of the Trap Army.


Nekomimi Mode!
Cat Megex is offline  
Old 2008-10-24, 03:06   Link #44
stormy001_M1A2
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
Reading the manga got me all confused... It's like it jumped back to before episode 2. I thought we already knew that Kitamura had confessed to Taiga... apparently not. And it seems the anime decided to ignore the rejected confession from said episode. Kitamura seemed to express very well that he was no longer interested in Taiga... yet now it's again Kitamura this, Kitamura that. This anime might be a bit too annoying for me. I've seen this story before in Lovely Complex, and in that case the chemistry between the leads was more interesting. If the leads don't get through this stage in their relationship quickly the show is going to become tedious.
Don't watch this series with novels or manga as your guide. The anime staff have touched up the story, combining few parts from novels to make coherent narrative and include some original scenes.

Just watch the anime as stand alone product and enjoy the ride.
__________________
stormy001_M1A2 is offline  
Old 2008-10-24, 03:31   Link #45
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
Don't watch this series with novels or manga as your guide. The anime staff have touched up the story, combining few parts from novels to make coherent narrative and include some original scenes.

Just watch the anime as stand alone product and enjoy the ride.

I agree, as I've argued with many people before.

If the anime change afew scenes from the original material, then that's fine. They're bringing something new... People should be more open minded...

But if they start to change the characters' personality and behavior along, then that's when we'll have a problem.
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2008-10-24, 03:54   Link #46
jedinat
フリーター
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
Don't watch this series with novels or manga as your guide. The anime staff have touched up the story, combining few parts from novels to make coherent narrative and include some original scenes.

Just watch the anime as stand alone product and enjoy the ride.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
If the anime change afew scenes from the original material, then that's fine. They're bringing something new... People should be more open minded...
Well there is no reason for me to try and force myself to like it nor the changes made... it's just that the changes so far seem to be intended to draw out an aspect of the story I find uninteresting. The manga scanlations stop shortly after the failed confession, and it seems very much that Taiga's feelings have begun to move to Ryuuji--none of that yet here. Oh well. We'll see what happens. (I'm just not having any fun watching Taiga drool over another guy... watching and waiting for the characters to realize where the story is going is boring... and the violent chibi-tsundere act is so tired these days, especially with that Shana seiyuu voicing all of them)
jedinat is offline  
Old 2008-10-24, 04:05   Link #47
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
Well there is no reason for me to try and force myself to like it nor the changes made... it's just that the changes so far seem to be intended to draw out an aspect of the story I find uninteresting. The manga scanlations stop shortly after the failed confession, and it seems very much that Taiga's feelings have begun to move to Ryuuji--none of that yet here. Oh well. We'll see what happens. (I'm just not having any fun watching Taiga drool over another guy... watching and waiting for the characters to realize where the story is going is boring... and the violent chibi-tsundere act is so tired these days, especially with that Shana seiyuu voicing all of them)
That's basically the entire premise though. "Two people who aren't even really friends are working together to set each other up with their best friends and accidentally bonding without realizing it." If Taiga stopped drooling over Kitamura this early that'd be the end of the story. If it's gonna happen, it has to happen at or near the climax. Not to mention they're still in the "introducing characters" phase of the story.

Spoiler for vague novel:
Clarste is offline  
Old 2008-10-24, 04:07   Link #48
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
@jedinat

Really? I find it interesting that they're not romantically attracted to each other, I say it might just be for that reason that they could hold normal conversations, and even feel comfortable revealing personal thoughts and feelings to each other.
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2008-10-24, 04:18   Link #49
jedinat
フリーター
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
That's basically the entire premise though.
Yeah, I guess that's the problem, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
@jedinat

Really? I find it interesting that they're not romantically attracted to each other, I say it might just be for that reason that they could hold normal conversations, and even feel comfortable revealing personal thoughts and feelings to each other.
...followed by a drop-kick to the head. Naw, I don't think it's interesting. The anime is too derivative, with the loli, and the tsundere, and and the scary-eyes, and the energetic girl, and the fresh boy... it's not deep enough to interest me in the dynamic of their relationship or whatever. For that you'd need some truly interesting characters and a bit more realism (or uniqueness), not a bunch of otaku fetishes and anime cliches stuck together. I guess I'm being really negative, lol, but I'd be fairly happy if they just skipped the whole we're-practically-living-together-but-don't realize-we're-made-for-each-other thing. I've seen it already. (but then, as Clarste pointed out, what is left? I don't know, lol, then they'd really need to supplement the source material--I guess this show just isn't for me)
jedinat is offline  
Old 2008-10-24, 04:37   Link #50
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
...followed by a drop-kick to the head.
Yeah right, like you never hit your friends before
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2008-10-24, 04:47   Link #51
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
But not because they are in love... There is a difference...

You can make jabs about it while drinking but not hitting one when he is love...

If your friends falls in love and you start hitting whenever he tries to talk or look or even think about the girl I doubt your friendship would last long...
Darknemo2000 is offline  
Old 2008-10-24, 04:57   Link #52
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
But not because they are in love... There is a difference...

You can make jabs about it while drinking but not hitting one when he is love...

If your friends falls in love and you start hitting whenever he tries to talk or look or even think about the girl I doubt your friendship would last long...
We're not talking about that...

And for the record, there's nothing wrong with knocking some sense into the guy when he's pretty much about to drool.
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2008-10-24, 05:06   Link #53
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
But we are talking about that. He is in love and yet he gets beaten for that. Taiga drools just as much if not even more but Ryuuji is understanding and helps her. Thats what friends do. Not what Taiga does.

And you are taking phrase knocking some sense too literally. In areal friendship if it comes to such intimate things as love it is not solved with fists or kicks... Rather you talk trying 'to knock some sense' , but not really beating the guy up.
Darknemo2000 is offline  
Old 2008-10-24, 05:14   Link #54
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
But we are talking about that. He is in love and yet he gets beaten for that. Taiga drools just as much if not even more but Ryuuji is understanding and helps her. Thats what friends do. Not what Taiga does.
No, we're not

Quote:
Really? I find it interesting that they're not romantically attracted to each other, I say it might just be for that reason that they could hold normal conversations, and even feel comfortable revealing personal thoughts and feelings to each other.
Quote:
...followed by a drop-kick to the head.
Quote:
Yeah right, like you never hit your friends before



Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
And you are taking phrase knocking some sense too literally. In areal friendship if it comes to such intimate things as love it is not solved with fists or kicks... Rather you talk trying 'to knock some sense' , but not really beating the guy up.
Okay, that's just complicating things.

That was 1-2 isolated incidents not at all affecting the overall situation.
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2008-10-24, 05:17   Link #55
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Oh but it really just shows how Taiga is 'supportive'. Now compare it how Ryuuji helps her. He does act like understanding friend, and we have yet to see that from Taiga. The cahnces where she could just smile and help him, like he did for her, she just hit him...
Darknemo2000 is offline  
Old 2008-10-24, 05:34   Link #56
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Oh but it really just shows how Taiga is 'supportive'. Now compare it how Ryuuji helps her. He does act like understanding friend, and we have yet to see that from Taiga. The cahnces where she could just smile and help him, like he did for her, she just hit him...
Now you're just changing the subject -_-

Also, I think this hitting-accusation has gone on far enough; Yes she hits him, which then I point out who hasn't hit their friend before, but she has never done it like in every waking moment they're together. In fact if I'm not wrong, she've only attacked him once this episode, and that even failed!
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2008-10-24, 05:41   Link #57
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Not really, I still am on the same point as at first.

You are talking about hitting general and as I said yes you hit friends when you fool but not with such intimate problems as love deals. I am saying that beating friends do not happen in such situation while you are putting a general situation when you fool with friends. However, when the things go about love you would see more talking and not beating, which is the case in here.

I do not care about this episode simply because he and his love interest was not in the focus THAT IS WHY there were no beating. It centered on Taiga and Ryuuji is more supportive to her and does not beat her when she drools.

If it would center more on Ryuuji and Minori then you would see her getting physical again.

SIMPLY put Taiga is still not doing anything for their friendship and is not helping him, but demand things from him. It is still not mutual teamwork for them, only when Taiga will start being supporting for Ryuuji as well we can see them working together as a Team Toradora, friends...

Right now instead of Toradora it looks more like Tora(dora) if you know what I mean. Taiga takes center while Ryyuji supports but doesnt get much back from her.

She may grow up in being a friend in a future but right now she isn't a true friend that helps for now.

Anyways, we should stop... We are discussing way too long already and its obvious that there will be no conclusion anyway.

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2008-10-24 at 05:55.
Darknemo2000 is offline  
Old 2008-10-24, 05:58   Link #58
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Just watched episode 4.

Taiga used the same kick as Haruhi during the "Day Of Sagittarius" episode. Pwn!

Seriously I really love Taiga's character alot. She is so cute, silly but her personality is really out of this world.

P.S She looks so sweet curled up on the bed.
SaintessHeart is offline  
Old 2008-10-24, 06:02   Link #59
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post

Anyways, we should stop... We are discussing way too long already and its obvious that there will be no conclusion anyway.
Very well, I was about to come to that conclusion anyway
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2008-10-24, 06:25   Link #60
msuwildog80
Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
@Chaos: Perhaps I have gotten old... been 10 years since high school for me.

i cant say I ever physically hit a friend. at least not for fun and hell if a girl stab me in the eye.. I probably stop talking to them for at least a week. Expecially one that I am not romantically involved with.

The who hasnt hit their friends? ..and being friends means its ok argument? There is always a threshold, no one will stand being repeatedly humilated in public. But thats my opinion ;p

@Jedinat I think thats my problem as well. At the end of the day, after reading the translated novels and the manga. I had assume that the key to this series is the chemistry between our leads.

But with 4 episodes in the path they are taking now.. it implies that chemistry is unnecessary for the anime. Ryuji probably will not change much.. being the same ole same ole the entire series. Taiga will in the course of 10 episode realize she might like Ryuji. Ryuji will stay the same. 10 episodes later Taiga confess to Ryuji, he accepts (why? cause anime makes him a push over.. oh Taiga likes me? sure why not.) The end.

This whole scneario is terribly uninteresting.

Perhaps my experience with novels to anime is too low to realize that this is not out of the norm. Now I just wish the novels gets translated faster or people post spoilers.
msuwildog80 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.