AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Toradora!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-27, 13:10   Link #101
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2008-12-27, 13:35   Link #102
typhonsentra

Ahh, that makes everything fit together much, much better. Thank you very much. I have another question about Ami but since they're probably isn't anything in the books that directly explains it.
Old 2008-12-29, 19:58   Link #103
EndlessDestiny

Send a message via AIM to EndlessDestiny Send a message via MSN to EndlessDestiny Send a message via Yahoo to EndlessDestiny
What does everyone think about Minori's comment in ep 13 that she wonders if she's a lesbian?
Old 2008-12-29, 20:06   Link #104
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens

Nearly every teenager has a point in time where they're confused about their sexuality and curious. It's normal.
Old 2008-12-29, 21:03   Link #105
typhonsentra

Speaking from experience?
Old 2008-12-29, 21:48   Link #106
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens

Somewhat, yes.

But not in the way that you're suggesting, no.
Old 2008-12-30, 00:10   Link #107
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessDestiny View Post
What does everyone think about Minori's comment in ep 13 that she wonders if she's a lesbian?
That it was funny.... it certainly put a careening spin into Ryuuji's day.

(shrug) she might be and she might not be .... she's never found anyone she pines for outside of liking to be Taiga's comrade.

Girls often get "girl-crushes" in their teen years, it is particularly common in japanese school life when the concept of being 'just friends' with a guy lags considerably behind progressive American views (think 1950s/60s life when you think Japan; heck even in the 70s.... though at that point in the US, you started being viewed as a troglodyte if you couldn't comprehend being "just friends" with the opposite sex).
Old 2008-12-30, 00:26   Link #108
EndlessDestiny

Send a message via AIM to EndlessDestiny Send a message via MSN to EndlessDestiny Send a message via Yahoo to EndlessDestiny
I hope that they explore this more. Anime doesn't really deal with this subject. It's usually a girl just happens to like another girl.
Old 2008-12-30, 08:06   Link #109
wistfulloner

Minori hasn't been thinking a lot about relationships with boys, but has been very caring towards her girlfriends. That's why she was suddenly confused with her sexuality. Perhaps she should open up more to Ryuji to understand that she's perfectly normal like anyone else, except that she is more friendly and approachable than most people.
Old 2008-12-31, 23:31   Link #110
Voitan

She's really in love with her baseball bat.
Old 2009-01-02, 08:55   Link #111
Aza-oniichan
~Blazing Red Eye~
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aza-oniichan
If there's a girl like minori around me, maybe life wont be boring at all. Everyday she's doing funny stuff, dragging me into unexpected event, etc.
Old 2009-01-04, 02:01   Link #112
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

What are ur guys opinions about Minori x Ryuujin's ?
Old 2009-01-04, 04:46   Link #113
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
As Ami said - they just do not match well together.
Old 2009-01-04, 04:56   Link #114
Tiran86

I like Minori but I don't think she likes Ryuuji that way.
Old 2009-01-05, 19:31   Link #115
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Minorin will overwhelm Ryuji to a non-entity if they hook up together as Ami said.
Old 2009-01-06, 02:08   Link #116
wistfulloner

If you look at it from the exterior though, they seem to make a great couple. If the plot allows it, they could potentially live happily ever after.
Old 2009-01-06, 06:11   Link #117
Amber.Dawn

They make a cute couple, but (once again, as Ami said) they do not match well. One is extremely hyper, while the other is the more quiet type (or something).
Old 2009-01-06, 13:38   Link #118
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Well we've seen Minorin and Ryuujin together Minorin doesn't seem all that hyper when its the both of them alone and both seem to get along .. i think it can happen. AMi could have been lying ..because she wants Ryuujin for herself
Old 2009-01-07, 20:17   Link #119
frubam
singing heartbreak

Send a message via AIM to frubam
My thing with the Minorin/Ryuuji couple is that I don't think he knows the true Minorin. At this point in the story, he seems to acknowledge both Taiga and Ami as their true selves, which includes their faults/negatives. Sure, Ryuuji got to see a bit of Minorin's serious side, but he doesn't really know Minorin to the extent he knows Taiga and Ami. He doesn't know anything about her private life, nor does he know of any faults about her. When Ryuuji starts to learn more about the Minorin's other persona, then I could see them as a couple. Until then, Taiga and/or Ami have a higher chance of a potential relationship than Minorin.
Old 2009-01-07, 21:41   Link #120
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
My thing with the Minorin/Ryuuji couple is that I don't think he knows the true Minorin. At this point in the story, he seems to acknowledge both Taiga and Ami as their true selves, which includes their faults/negatives. Sure, Ryuuji got to see a bit of Minorin's serious side, but he doesn't really know Minorin to the extent he knows Taiga and Ami. He doesn't know anything about her private life, nor does he know of any faults about her. When Ryuuji starts to learn more about the Minorin's other persona, then I could see them as a couple. Until then, Taiga and/or Ami have a higher chance of a potential relationship than Minorin.
i have to go with you on this one...im still waiting for the big smack in the face of minorin's background...remember one of the first few episodes shes like maybe i sing cuz im afraid, or im always so happy because im afraid...or something like that i forget what it was exactly, but im hoping something happened to her in her early life that traumatized her...i mean i guess thats a bad thing to wish for, but then at least ryuuji gets to know her better. I want to know why she's always so darn cheery
Closed Thread

Tags
characters, drama