AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Sora Kake

Notices

Old 2009-02-03, 20:11   Link #441
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
I've always thought right from the beginning that the person Akiha-chan is betrothed to is me, I mean is Leopard.

For some reason, probably my mecha sense.
That seems slightly...odd, but on a related note: it'd be kinda funny if Akiha did something that made her think her secret was revealed, only to have Kazane say, "Oh yeah, we knew the whole time. Also, the Shishidou Foundation built Leopard. Didn't you see the logo?" Akiha would go ._. and then o_o and then O_O

Of course, it's quite likely that Akiha will gain some knowledge of the situation herself next episode, all things considered.

General of the Trap Army.

Nekomimi Mode!
Cat Megex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-03, 20:14   Link #442
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Megex View Post
Be kinda funny if Akiha did something that made her think her secret was revealed, only to have Kazane say, "Oh yeah, we knew the whole time." Akiha -> ._.
But its already like that lol, or at least next episode will probably disclose her secret.

Yea I saw the logo, it makes me think that Leopard was created to match quantum brainwaves or something with a certain Shishidou, Akiha in fact.

EDIT again: Yea she will disclose next episode.

But I'm thinking Nami seems like she's really the most 'useless' of the family and probably be plunging into something bad soon.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-03, 21:29   Link #443
cynicalicious
I like pie.

Nami going evil (or just whacking out) is kind of obvious. They've been throwing out not-too-subtle hints about that since the beginning.

What I find more interesting is Kazane's skillful manipulation of Akiha. The whole "You're getting married now" trick to set Akiha in motion to suit Kazane's ideas of what Akiha needs to be doing is interesting. (And skillful manipulation of an underachieving younger sister.) Of course, we don't know yet what Kazane intended exactly, but as soon as Akiha met Leopard, Kazane pulled back on the whole marriage thing.

What I want to know is just what the hell is an XQT, anyway? (A canon, definition, that is. I'm guessing it's not a retired model.) There have been hints that Akiha is off-the-scale in that regard, but they haven't really beaten us over the head with it. Yet. Nor do we really know what the ramifications are (except that maybe you'll have a predilection for wearing red cardboard boxes on your head, and possibly going nuts.)
cynicalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-03, 21:41   Link #444
cynicalicious
I like pie.

Oh, and

Spoiler for Episode 5:
cynicalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-03, 21:54   Link #445
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalicious View Post
What I want to know is just what the hell is an XQT, anyway? (A canon, definition, that is. I'm guessing it's not a retired model.) There have been hints that Akiha is off-the-scale in that regard, but they haven't really beaten us over the head with it. Yet. Nor do we really know what the ramifications are (except that maybe you'll have a predilection for wearing red cardboard boxes on your head, and possibly going nuts.)
Don't know the exact definition, but so far at least some appear to be people with powers similar to telekinesis.

Nekomimi Mode!
Old 2009-02-03, 22:31   Link #446
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

I believe it's an Ex-QT (well, from StrikeS TL anyway).

Spoiler:

qmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-04, 05:36   Link #447
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Thanks to finding a solution for MKV to MP4 conversions so I can watch this on my XBox 360 I got the chance to give episode 2 a whirl seeing as I had little else to do tonight.

Surprisingly (or perhaps not) the puzzlement I had been feeling while looking at the promotional material for this series has finally been cleared up.....at least I think. I could very easily be proven wrong in the near future, but I had been wondering how a series could appear to make such a run for the straight up pandering and cliche as a concept and expect to succeed, especially one from Sunrise who usually plays a very cuthroat game when it comes to it's original series by coming up with the anime equivalent of a killer app on a regular basis. For a number of reasons I initially saw Sora Kake Girl as taking a step back or what I like to call phoning it in and while I'm still not sold on it completely I've been given enough reason to revoke my first impression of it and to reserve further judgement on it for the time being.

This is because I am now considering that this series is in fact quite self aware and is the kind that pushes it's cliches and panders as much as it rips on them, creating a balance that somehow makes it work......for now. A couple of examples include Honoka's (cat-loli's) introduction which was so absurd (I'm convinced this was deliberate) and random that when it came time to do the whole new student introduction monotony (In terms of anime with a high school setting this one ranks right up there with the "track & field meltdown with sexy results" bit as far as cliches that make me want to lobotomize myself go) it seized the opportunity to make light of it with the the character's total oblivousness to the chunk of ceiling still sitting on her head. It's nothing laugh out loud funny (though it did illicit a few giggles mixed with "....what's?"), but I kind of appreciate that the people behind this series have an understanding of visual and referential comedy of the kind that allows for a bit of subtlety with a mix of absurdity WITHOUT the need to beat the viewer over the head with it. Also this show doesn't seem to discriminate between the sexes as far as it's physical comedy goes which is a big plus as far as turning cliches on their head go. Then again this show doesn't really have a male presence to begin with so it doesn't really have much of a choice. Then again again I'm also convinced that Nina Stratoski (sp?) is supposed to be the "man" in the show because she gives off a lesbian vibe.

There are other instances of self-awareness and fourth wall breaking as far as the episode went and I don't really understand how it can be both so in your face and unabashedly so, yet layered enough to poke fun at this fact, but it's allowed the show to rise above it's own would be mediocrity......again for now at least. It's kind of like what Haruhi supposedly did with itself, though I'd say this show is more evidently self-aware at the moment then Haruhi ever was if that was actually even the case for it. I'm still not sure what type of show this is going to be in the end, but right now it has enough of a blend of interesting concepts and a below the surface smartness in how it presents itself to warrant further consideration on my part.

Aside from this second chance evaluation I'd also like to mention that the BGM sounded like a concept demo tape for a Jazz/Techno album and I'm kind of digging it.

Other observations:

- I don't get Imo-chan....like at all, but as a result I can't help but laughing with incredulity every time it appears on the screen.

- Honoka has a tendency for appearing completely out of nowhere which I assume might be a running joke. She's also the first CSL to come along in a good while.

- Putting on the QTector turns Akiha into a ninja who can perform all kinds of flips, spins and what appears to be a salchow all in one go.

- Yep, that was the old Sunrise fake out ending back in action again. I guess they'll be damned if they are going to cue up that ending music anywhere orthodox instead of just NOW!

- Was that 90's style J-Pop in the ending. It sure sounded like it since it was catchy instead of just feeling derivative. It sounded like something out of Gravitation only with female instead of male vocals.

The fact that the episode of this that I watched came across as more smart and witty then the episode of Tytania I watched tonight both disturbs and confuses me greatly.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-04, 06:25   Link #448
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I don't get Imo-chan....like at all
Seriously, what is there to get?
Old 2009-02-04, 08:10   Link #449
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

With leotards, they can be as lewd with the fanservice as they want without censoring anything. BRILLIANT!

Also, it's always freaky when Imo-chan comes out of her human shell. How the hell can anyone get used to that?
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-04, 08:13   Link #450
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

i have one really deep question

what the hell is Faust doing there (faust from Guilty Gear the one with the paper bag on his head)

also i seem to notice that honoka is somewhat un able to show much emotion...i wonder why

BUt GOD WAS she SOo efing cute when she was all teary in ep 3
Old 2009-02-04, 08:14   Link #451
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
With leotards, they can be as lewd with the fanservice as they want without censoring anything. BRILLIANT!

Also, it's always freaky when Imo-chan comes out of her human shell. How the hell can anyone get used to that?
Not really leotards lol, pilot suits are.

And I always look forward to Imo-chan popping out of the Maidroid head lol, I really do

Everytime I see her Maidroid form on scene, I'd be looking out for head to crack open lol

Can't wait for the Nendoroid Maidroid figure.

@Kaioshin: That is why you don't judge anything by its cover, like I said, this anime caters to a large audience, moe, fanservice, mecha etc. The moe and fluff doesn't get you, but other parts will, and this anime is doing great in all areas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post

what the hell is Faust doing there (faust from Guilty Gear the one with the paper bag on his head)
Its a box on the head though , these guys will become important to the central plot soon.

Old 2009-02-04, 08:19   Link #452
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

i see

but still it was soo effing funny the part were

Spoiler for Disapearing:
Old 2009-02-04, 08:31   Link #453
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Quote:
i see

but still it was soo effing funny the part were

Spoiler for Disapearing:
That was Itsuki, not Nina.

Nekomimi Mode!
Old 2009-02-04, 08:31   Link #454
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I wouldn't want to see Nina in anything lesser than the suit lol

Old 2009-02-04, 09:15   Link #455
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Spoiler for Akiha:
Old 2009-02-04, 09:17   Link #456
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Spoiler for Akiha:
Spoiler:

Old 2009-02-04, 11:15   Link #457
Midonin
Last Engage

I like this piece of art that came with the ED single. The girls in those retro outfits from the ED, except not in SD.

Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-04, 11:32   Link #458
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
I've always thought right from the beginning that the person Akiha-chan is betrothed to is me, I mean is Leopard.

For some reason, probably my mecha sense.
Yeah right. But How is actually marrying a narcisstic, self-centred AI going to help defeat Nerval?

And the "I have kontoruu" sparsed throughout the show gives me vibes of Allelujah from G00.

Also, the mecha showcased seem to be done pretty much in the way the Gundam series do it, introducing each mecha in the OP in action alongside its pilot.

Quote:

I think this anime is made up of alot of parodies chunked together, most likely the director "did it for the lulz". Nami's hairstyle and character seem to reflect that of a gold-haired Nena Trinity.

Quote:
also i seem to notice that honoka is somewhat un able to show much emotion...i wonder why

BUt GOD WAS she SOo efing cute when she was all teary in ep 3
*kicks techno* She is mine! Go away! You can go fight with C.A over Akiha!

P.S Honoka + ponytail = love. I swore that look was criminal.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-04, 15:20   Link #459
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I was having a conversation online about Honoka, cardboard boxes, and solid snake...

And, well, this is the result. Excuse the MS-Paint pixels, this is just for fun, not for an art prize.
Old 2009-02-04, 15:48   Link #460
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Yeah right. But How is actually marrying a narcisstic, self-centred AI going to help defeat Nerval?

And the "I have kontoruu" sparsed throughout the show gives me vibes of Allelujah from G00.
We don't even know why they're the King and Queen, its too early to tell. But they're supposed to get together and take over the universe(s) or something.

Though 'I have control' didn't start from Allelujah.

I've been using MS Paint to edit pictures ever since I had my first computer, it is win. I never had photoshop.

Tags
shoujo, shoujou, shounen, sunrise