AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2008-10-27, 23:08   Link #1
AnbuItachi

Camera focus

Hi I bought a Norcent DCS 1050 10 MP digital. The images it's taking at close range is blurred.. this is with anti shake on. Does anyone know other ways I can fix this? Thanks
AnbuItachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 23:15   Link #2
Ledgem
Love Yourself

I'm not familiar with that camera, but all cameras and camera lenses have a certain minimum focusing distance. A quick Google claims that your camera's closest focusing distance is 10 centimeters, or 3.93 inches (~4 inches). If you're putting your camera closer than that to an object, you won't be able to focus properly and you'll get a blurred image. If you're farther back and the images are still coming out blurred, ensure that you're working the autofocus properly (read through the manual to make sure). If it's still an issue then there's likely a problem: if your camera is still under warranty, send it in for repair or replacement.

Side note: image stabilization only helps with camera shake (the movement from your hands/arms).

If you're trying to do macro shots, I think you're out of luck. It looks like that camera is a point and shoot. With bridge (aka "DSLR-like") cameras you could use macro converters, which are essentially magnifying glasses that are mounted to your lens. I don't believe those exist for P&S models.