AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2010-06-15, 03:55   Link #221
ShiroiRyu

63 is the final chapter so ? O_o
Anyways, i will wait for Otakami too.
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 15:47   Link #222
Vree

Gah too many chapters at once o_o

I felt that it was kind of ending too soon - there was plenty of development left for the characters. In the end it wasn't so much about "what we have learned on our journey", but "the things we just started that give us a reason to want to keep going".

thoughts for 57 and up:
Spoiler:

Well, here's to the ending of a nice manga!

In the end there weren't huge revelations or complicated reasons, just a bunch of children trying to come to terms with the world.
But, what we got was done well. I'd rate is as a 4/5 (with some of the scenes 4.5, with the wrap-up bringing it down a bit with a 3.5 - it does not seem to be the mangaka's strenght, but it was "decent").
Vree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 16:11   Link #223
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

I also thought it was kind of strange how things suddenly speeded up like that, kind of sad seeing it comming to an end already.

Spoiler for hopes for the ending:
Narzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 20:00   Link #224
breadandstuff

Thank you so much! I love you. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
breadandstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 20:45   Link #225
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!

Well, considering the next chapter is the last, I've got a question:

Where the hell is our anime adaptation announcement? This thing was born to be animated by Gainax.
Old 2010-06-15, 23:21   Link #226
Xacual
The color of a Hero

Probably never come, I don't think the manga has ever been popular enough for one which is really too bad since it is so awesome.
Old 2010-06-16, 17:10   Link #227
velocd
/facepalm

I wouldn't mind an anime, but the story is extremely repetitive.. I imagine people would get bored of the format "fight golems/train" for every episode.
velocd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 17:14   Link #228
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocd View Post
I wouldn't mind an anime, but the story is extremely repetitive.. I imagine people would get bored of the format "fight golems/train" for every episode.
It's got nothing on the monster/battle of the week formula, so i really don't see any problems with that.
Old 2010-06-17, 02:05   Link #229
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Fighting the golems is not the point. It's entirely about how the young characters grow to accept each other from their loneliness, and how the elder characters like Nagumo and Shimaki accept their place to bring the next generation forward. I love how everyone has a different problem. There is a Key-esque bittersweet pain to wrap up each character. It's nowhere close to replacing Key, but I can find the idea in it.

That said, the fighting makes me mentally scream "YEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH" all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vree View Post
If they made a Biscuit Hammer anime with actual Pillows songs, I'd be squeeling like a preteen fangirl.
YEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH.

To be honest, the only problem in this entire series is the artwork, but after 10 or so chapters it's easy to put that aside and let imagination fill in the gaps.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-17, 09:34   Link #230
Wrath88
Kissing...

I agree with that, but the fights aren't that bad either, although you expect everyone to have the same 'telekinetic' based power, the way they shape it to their own style is quite useful.

Lol at Yuuhi's trick on that girl.
Old 2010-06-17, 16:21   Link #231
Vree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
To be honest, the only problem in this entire series is the artwork, but after 10 or so chapters it's easy to put that aside and let imagination fill in the gaps.
But the drawing style is good? It has character and style? Maybe lack of detail on the enviroment but an animation studio could fix that right up.

Well yeah, the fights are not like, shonen manga level (although those can also be pretty dumb) but they are not really about the techniques either (everyone has like, one or two of those? anyway) but the drama during them (will X die or not, will Y join the fight or not, will Z betray the others or won't...)

Quote:
Yeah, in the end, I have to agree with that. You know how one could avoid that, though? With even more emphasis on the self-(+genre-)parody angle. If you KNOW that the golem fights are to be silly and repetitive than you could make it look like lampshade hanging...maybe.
Vree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-17, 16:41   Link #232
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!

Personally, I like the fights. Especially toward the end they have almost a Crouching Tiger feel to them that I think could be expanded beautifully to animation, especially where it concerns Nagumo, Hakudou, Samidare, and both pairs of siblings.

And as bare as the art style is on this series can be, it really couldn't see it reaching its potential in an anime without an inordinate level of production value (read: frame rate). You know, where fights focus on perspective and detail to get the point across, as opposed to "badass" poses and speed lines.
Old 2010-06-19, 22:12   Link #233
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyman View Post
Just something I'd like to point out: seems like the author is a fan of The Pillows.

Blue Drive Monster and Biscuit Hammer are both titles of songs by The Pillows.
Who can blame him? The Pillows are awesome!

If this was ever adapted as an anime it would be such a perfect fit to have the Pillows music in the soundtrack imo.
Old 2010-06-23, 04:02   Link #234
breadandstuff

how long until the last chapter is released?
breadandstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 04:22   Link #235
Xacual
The color of a Hero

I thought it came out on the 28th I might be off by a day or two.
Old 2010-06-29, 22:08   Link #236
MainCharacter
All Evils of the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I thought it came out on the 28th I might be off by a day or two.
Any news, then? Since this has already come to pass.
MainCharacter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 23:44   Link #237
Xacual
The color of a Hero

I think I was wrong and it actually comes out on the 30th. I forgot I posted saying a date here. Anyway we still probably have a few days to a week or so before a translated chapter is out. And that chapter will probably be only on 4chan.
Old 2010-07-01, 14:16   Link #238
Xical
Phantom User

chapter 64 will come out on july 30th, 2010.

I will no spoil you, just wait for it to come out of otakami(or 4chan if is your style), or run and find the RAW.
Xical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 14:49   Link #239
Xacual
The color of a Hero

There's going to be a chapter 64? I thought 63 was the ending?

Edit: Wow there is going to be more chapters. I just found a scan on 4chan but its not complete last 5 pages missing but someone else did those.

Last edited by Xacual; 2010-07-01 at 15:04.
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 21:33   Link #240
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

Man that chapter 63 final page ! Chapter 64 promises to be AWESOME !

Tags
action, comedy, seinen