AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Toradora!

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-01-16, 08:48   Link #301
Led_Zeppelin
Achilles Last Stand
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bs As, Argentina
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to Led_Zeppelin
Quote:
Originally Posted by wistfulloner View Post
Spoiler:
Well i think that the one who wanna "scream" and "act emo" is Ami...

In the chapt 15 she says someting like "People how thing someone is bound to help them if they shout out loud are very lucky"...

For what i see, she wanna do the same thing, but she can`t do it, she just wanna the rest see her misery by just some small things, but the rest don`t get realise of this...

I think that ami is showing that she is not that mature at all, that she still dont know how to show herself to others, and ami know this, but can`t change it...
__________________
Led_Zeppelin is offline  
Old 2009-01-16, 10:23   Link #302
typhonsentra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: USA
Since the other thread's discussion was getting out of hand I guess this is a better place to discuss it. What were her reasons? Does she actually have a solid reason for being so needy or is it just some abstract self-loathing/lonelieness?
typhonsentra is offline  
Old 2009-01-16, 14:41   Link #303
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Since the other thread's discussion was getting out of hand I guess this is a better place to discuss it. What were her reasons? Does she actually have a solid reason for being so needy or is it just some abstract self-loathing/lonelieness?
It was a multitude of reasons:
Spoiler:
__________________
My twitter - not really seiyuu-centred so follow at your own risk
Celebrities I've talked to in person
Mizuki Nana, Chiba Saeko, Shimizu Ai, Shimokawa Mikuni, Chihara Minori, Tamura Yukari, Nakahara Mai, Sakai Kanako
houkoholic is offline  
Old 2009-01-16, 15:21   Link #304
typhonsentra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: USA
Spoiler:
typhonsentra is offline  
Old 2009-01-16, 16:20   Link #305
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
__________________
My twitter - not really seiyuu-centred so follow at your own risk
Celebrities I've talked to in person
Mizuki Nana, Chiba Saeko, Shimizu Ai, Shimokawa Mikuni, Chihara Minori, Tamura Yukari, Nakahara Mai, Sakai Kanako
houkoholic is offline  
Old 2009-01-16, 16:57   Link #306
typhonsentra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: USA
Spoiler:
typhonsentra is offline  
Old 2009-01-17, 01:54   Link #307
wistfulloner
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Led_Zeppelin View Post
Well i think that the one who wanna "scream" and "act emo" is Ami...

In the chapt 15 she says someting like "People how thing someone is bound to help them if they shout out loud are very lucky"...

For what i see, she wanna do the same thing, but she can`t do it, she just wanna the rest see her misery by just some small things, but the rest don`t get realise of this...

I think that ami is showing that she is not that mature at all, that she still dont know how to show herself to others, and ami know this, but can`t change it...
As I said, its not about being emo or "screaming", its more about who has the opportunity to learn more from this whole dilemma. Sure, she seems like another kid who's trying to look mature, but she could potentially solve her own maturity question faster than anyone else could resolve their own problems.
wistfulloner is offline  
Old 2009-01-17, 23:55   Link #308
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 29
Well, on mature issues, Kawashima does have quite a number of jigsaw pieces in place for her puzzle. But, I believe that apart from sharing her pieces with the rest of the gang, she would probably pick up a few pieces from Minori and Ryuji. I think she keeps an open mind, at least after her own immediate issues were settled earlier in the series (stalker-san).
__________________
yezhanquan is offline  
Old 2009-01-23, 17:43   Link #309
frubam
singing heartbreak
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to frubam
At the end of ep 16, originally, Ami told those two girls to just give the ID to Ryuuji, but when they blurted out in front of Minorin that Taiga loved Kitamura, she quickly snatched it up. She definitely doesn't want Minorin to go after Ryuuji, esp since she knows Ryuuji likes Minorin. Unlike Sumire, who decided to move ahead w/o Kitamura, Ami decided to stay because she likes Ryuuji, which(imo) shows the level of determination she has. She def doesn't want to end up like Taiga, loving a guy that loves another girl more and, in turn, that girl loving him back. In other words, she doesn't want to be the "Taiga" in the Taiga/Kitamura/Sumire relationship. Minorin, who sees that Taiga liked Kitamura all this time, can now open up the possibility that she and Ryuuji can be an item. Now that Ami knows Minorin knows, it really puts her[Ami] in a bad mood. I'm sure at that moment, she felt that everything she's done to get close and to understand Ryuuji will go to waste. I don't remember her clenching her teeth like that since the stalker incident.
frubam is offline  
Old 2009-01-23, 20:10   Link #310
Fran~
floating away...
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Beyond World's End
Ami is the "realistic one" of the bunch, she would be real Happy if Ryuuji decides to leave the bunch and be just with her only. But, as the books said, you love things that you can have, it's circular:

Taiga loves Kitamura, Kitamura loves Sumire
Ami loves Ryuuji, Ryuujis loves Minori...

PLUS

Taiga is REAL close to Ryuuji and Minori now is also close to Ryuuji also... so Ami sees a lot of competence for Ryuuji, who even doesnt notice that Ami falled for him.

Ami loves Ryuuji because of that, is something hard to get even for her, if Ryuuji would be like Noto, Ami would not taking a look on him.
__________________
Improving my english ^^
Fran~ is offline  
Old 2009-01-26, 15:28   Link #311
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Age: 25
hmm, i see more Ami fell for Ryuuji because he was one of the first people to treat her as a normal person rather than be starstruck by her. It makes me sad that she'll be a footnote by the end of the series. she's by far the most interesting character in the show.
germanturkey is offline  
Old 2009-01-26, 16:21   Link #312
typhonsentra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: USA
What about Kitamura?
typhonsentra is offline  
Old 2009-01-26, 16:29   Link #313
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
What about Kitamura?
They were friends since they were kids. I don't think she's ever considered him as a romantic option at all.

Most people who grow up together like that consider themselves siblings, regardless of what most anime will tell you.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline  
Old 2009-01-26, 19:37   Link #314
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 29
Siblings and lovers are two very different types of love, and most do not think that they want to convert from one to the other.
__________________
yezhanquan is offline  
Old 2009-01-26, 19:58   Link #315
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
What about Kitamura?
yeah, i assumed that since they grew up together, there was no romantic interest between them.
germanturkey is offline  
Old 2009-01-27, 20:56   Link #316
Fran~
floating away...
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Beyond World's End
Just read how Kitamura describes Amin to Ryuuji at the Family Restaurant. Yes they're friends, but Kitamura wants a change in her personality, he asked to Taiga for "change her".
__________________
Improving my english ^^
Fran~ is offline  
Old 2009-01-27, 21:19   Link #317
typhonsentra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: USA
I think you misunderstood, he tells Ryuuji he's fine with her personality. It's just that he doesn't like her hiding what she really thinks.
typhonsentra is offline  
Old 2009-01-27, 21:28   Link #318
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
I think you misunderstood, he tells Ryuuji he's fine with her personality. It's just that he doesn't like her hiding what she really thinks.
So basically Yuusaku didn't mind about Ami's personality, just that he hoped that she'd be more honest.

I wonder what is Ryuuji's actual opinion of Ami. Even after 75% (just my estimation) of the season's running episodes I still can't make it clear what Ryuuji thinks about Ami and I suspect that is the main reason which is stumping Ami's attempts to actually make any further progress than just being friends.
__________________
I like to run portable on my dude, so I ran while running runs in my portably portable, dude-like dude.

Kazuma Kamachi FC

Since we are all so trigger happy about certain behaviors that we do when talking about his works.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline  
Old 2009-01-27, 21:31   Link #319
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Age: 25
Ryuuji sees her the same as he sees everyone else, at face value. he doesn't particularly glorify anyone in the anime, nor does he think ill of anyone either. so to him, Ami is just a girl who happens to be famous and attends the same school as him. I believe this is the reason why everyone speculates that Ami has feelings for Ryuuji, because he can see passed the lights and glamour.
germanturkey is offline  
Old 2009-01-27, 21:40   Link #320
Fran~
floating away...
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Beyond World's End
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
I think you misunderstood, he tells Ryuuji he's fine with her personality. It's just that he doesn't like her hiding what she really thinks.
That's a change to me .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
I wonder what is Ryuuji's actual opinion of Ami. Even after 75% (just my estimation) of the season's running episodes I still can't make it clear what Ryuuji thinks about Ami and I suspect that is the main reason which is stumping Ami's attempts to actually make any further progress than just being friends.
To me Ryuuji thinks that Amin is really beautifull but with a dishonest attitude, he thinks that she is happy teasing him (and everyone) and i really can't see that Ryuuji could think something more than friendship. With Taiga you can expect something more, Ryuuji is always caring Taiga and thinking in her.



Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
Ryuuji sees her the same as he sees everyone else, at face value. he doesn't particularly glorify anyone in the anime, nor does he think ill of anyone either. so to him, Ami is just a girl who happens to be famous and attends the same school as him. I believe this is the reason why everyone speculates that Ami has feelings for Ryuuji, because he can see passed the lights and glamour.
Ami is the classical girl who is in love of the guy who doesn't pay attention in her. Same way Harima Kenji attracted Sawachika Eri. If Ryuuji woul pay any attention, she probably will use him like a toy, but Ryuuji didn't act that way, and THAT is what Ami saw in him, and she can't stand that he pays more attention in Taiga that in her.
__________________
Improving my english ^^
Fran~ is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
characters

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.