AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 27 29.35%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 30.43%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 17.39%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 11.96%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 6.52%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.09%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.09%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.17%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-08, 00:50   Link #61
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Just watched it. Delightful episode. I'm really becoming attached to all the characters. This episode surprised me in the way Taiga and Ami ended up spending time together. And Ami's "breaking free" was incredibly well done.

"Baka chihuahua."
Old 2008-11-08, 01:25   Link #62
sikvod00

Is it me, or is the whole concept of "being yourself" a little meaningless when you have a crappy personality to begin with?
Old 2008-11-08, 04:06   Link #63
Ransom

It seemed somehow like Minori's voice in this episode was... different. I mean, normally she's Yui Horie at her Yui Horiest, but I didn't hear that at all this time.
Old 2008-11-08, 04:50   Link #64
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
Is it me, or is the whole concept of "being yourself" a little meaningless when you have a crappy personality to begin with?
Lets just say she has some "bad social" skills. She has true friends like Kitamura to begin with. She's not that bad as a person herself. Aside from her "bitchy" true sefl and etc. I haven't seen her do anything "bad" or "annoying" etc.
Old 2008-11-08, 05:15   Link #65
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Wow.... I feel like I was in hyperspeed on that episode, very dense information stream.

Yeah, Ami doesn't seem "evil"... just broken like the rest of this crew. She'll fit in wonderfully assuming Taiga doesn't gut her and make ornaments of her entrails

As for Taiga, we can only wonder what emotions are shredding in her little head in that last scene.
(no, don't tell me)
Old 2008-11-08, 10:15   Link #66
noobita

Hmmmm..

what does Taiga made Ami to do in her apartment? That is the only part I dont understand.
Old 2008-11-08, 10:22   Link #67
risingstar3110
The sexy Kongou

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Hmmmm..

what does Taiga made Ami to do in her apartment? That is the only part I dont understand.
Second this. I assumed she forced her to sing and dance, but i am not quite sure as well.
Old 2008-11-08, 10:32   Link #68
Bennyswan
Hmmm.....
*Artist

BAHAHAH Great episode!

The end of this episode was awesome, CAN'T wait for next episode!
Old 2008-11-08, 12:14   Link #69
typhonsentra

Minori was hilarious this episode, she's slowly becoming my favorite character.
Old 2008-11-08, 12:16   Link #70
DragonBladeX
Kancolle love!

@ noobita and risingstar3110:

I think Taiga forced Ami into doing a load of different impressions, since she was so adamant on putting on an act in front of her classmates. That had tire her out at some point given some of the wacky situations she was made to do, Micheal Jackson as a bus tour guide, Mona Lisa taking a corner at 200km/h?

And apparently, plenty of photos have been taken for blackmailing purposes.
Old 2008-11-08, 13:36   Link #71
frubam
singing heartbreak

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOneKnowS View Post
Lets just say she has some "bad social" skills. She has true friends like Kitamura to begin with.
Kitamura is not a "true friend". She would be able to act as herself in front of a 'true friend', nor would a 'true friend' dump the responsibility to help with someone else. She didn't even confide in him when that stalker was around, yet she confided in Ryuuji, someone she's just met? That just goes to show me the level of friendship that they truly have. I could talk negative about Kitamura all day, I have total hate for that guy right now.

Also, did Ryuuji forget that he's in love with Minorin? No blush scenes with her, no stuttering over words, nothing whatsoever.

Last edited by frubam; 2008-11-08 at 13:52.
Old 2008-11-08, 15:41   Link #72
typhonsentra

Yeah it feels like it's easy for the viewer/reader to dislike him, I wonder if that was the author's intent or just our perception?
Old 2008-11-08, 16:06   Link #73
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

I think I understand why Ami is so popular now. Seems a bit quick how she turned to Ryuuji though.
Old 2008-11-08, 16:48   Link #74
Haesslich
Go to DMC! Go to DMC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Kitamura is not a "true friend". She would be able to act as herself in front of a 'true friend', nor would a 'true friend' dump the responsibility to help with someone else. She didn't even confide in him when that stalker was around, yet she confided in Ryuuji, someone she's just met? That just goes to show me the level of friendship that they truly have. I could talk negative about Kitamura all day, I have total hate for that guy right now.

Also, did Ryuuji forget that he's in love with Minorin? No blush scenes with her, no stuttering over words, nothing whatsoever.
Well, he's not as 'dere-dere' towards Minorin as Aisaka is towards Kitamura - he just really gets kinda.. shy.

As for the Kitamura thing, I blame the director - since in the novels, when Kitamura was explaining Ami's two-faced nature to Ryuuji at the restaurant, he noted that Ami had always manipulated the adults with her 'good girl' act but didn't use it on him... and since becoming a model, she'd stopped confiding in Kitamura and was showing him the mask too. In other words, she'd repudiated the friendship they'd had and given him the false face, and she was no longer being true to herself. It wasn't Kitamura ending things, but Kawashima - he didn't know about the stalker because she no longer talked to him... or with anyone.

As for confiding in Ryuuji... he's really easy to talk to, and in the novels this came after Ryuuji helped Ami get away from the stalker following a failed attempt to intimidate him. Basically, a lot of the dropped stuff in the anime follows this pattern; a bunch of details which are important are either shuffled around to be shown later (like the Kitamura confessing to Taiga bit) or are apparently left out entirely. A lot of the hate towards Kitamura (that he's an insensitive prick) comes from this, since the parts that showed his sensitivity or that he's not a totally blind asshole were left out or moved by the directors.
Old 2008-11-08, 17:01   Link #75
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

Regarding gripes over what's been omitted from the anime, I would like to complain that the hot lesbian scene that I had been imagining between Ami and Taiga was not included in this episode. Regarding her character type though I think she is becoming a neoclassic yingtongdere now.

Stalkers: if a drip with a camera is such a scary figure, I hope Ami never meets any Paparazzi photographers, she would probably slit her wrists on the spot.

Overall it was interesting to see the story move on, but I was a bit unconvinced not only by the stalker but by the low level of hostility between the girls given what had gone before, I felt their coming together should have been a bit more grudging. E.g. Her choice of staying with Taiga rather than Ryuu was pretty false, that needed developing further to make it (and subsequent events) plausible. So I think maybe they should have taken two episodes rather than one to effect the change in Ami from two-faced princess to one-faced comrade in arms.

Minori: I want to see her snatch Ryuuji from the jaws of defeat and run off with him! I am sure from the way she behaved at the beginning of the series that she fancies him and has just been sacrificing herself in a misplaced way on Taiga's account. In this episode she didn't do much apart from the belly thing, I hope she comes back to the forefront soon.

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Old 2008-11-08, 22:47   Link #76
JediNight
キズランダム

So is the anime for ToraDora supposed to be 13eps or a full 24-26? I don't think I've read anything definitive.
Old 2008-11-08, 22:52   Link #77
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
So is the anime for ToraDora supposed to be 13eps or a full 24-26? I don't think I've read anything definitive.
It's supposed to be 25 episodes.

General of the Trap Army.

Nekomimi Mode!
Old 2008-11-09, 00:29   Link #78
risingstar3110
The sexy Kongou

@Samatarou:
Minorin actually have the lowest chance among the three to end up with the main char statistically speaking. Because a) she didn't appear first; b)she didn't appear last

But if it's always true, we will call it "anime law" rather than statistic. The novel or manga or even the anime can prove quite opposite
Old 2008-11-09, 02:44   Link #79
Tiran86

I'd say Ami has a lower chance than Minori, since at least she's the current love interest. I'd bet money on Taiga x Ryuuji though.
Old 2008-11-09, 02:53   Link #80
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

Does Ami actually dig Ryuuji though? I got the impression that this was another one of her acts.
Closed Thread