AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-08, 12:55   Link #1
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Bleachlike Animes

Hi,
lately I am really bored of waiting a week or two for a next Naruto/Bleach/Soul Eater chapter/episode.
Does anyone of you know similar animes?

Ive watched Claymore, Fate Stay/Night, DragonBall and am watching Naruto, Bleach, Soul Eater and One Piece but still Im looking for more (good!) "martial arts - action - animes".

Thanks in advance,

ZGoten

/edit: Thanks Voracious Hollow...this thread belongs to the suggestion section, please move it Mr. Moderator.

Last edited by ZGoten; 2008-11-08 at 13:10.
Old 2008-11-08, 12:59   Link #2
AceD
See You En' Tee

Busou Renkin
Ayakashi
Kaze no Stigma
Kekkaishi

you should like them...and this should prolly be in the suggestion section
Old 2008-11-08, 13:03   Link #3
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

You have already followed One Piece, there will be nothing in the world better than it.

But you should check Hokuto no Ken if you can take exploding guts for a hundred plus episodes.

Then Busou Renkin for a great, short but sweet 26 episodes.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2008-11-08, 15:32   Link #4
ddwkc
Lone Wolf

Send a message via MSN to ddwkc
D.Grayman is kinda like Bleach.
Eo tempore mortem cognovi
Old 2008-11-08, 17:49   Link #5
blewin

Hunter x Hunter - I'm sure you'll like it as a Naruto fan. The actions are unique and refreshing, the characters are excellent and appealing. This series is about Gon and his new-found friends, taking an exam and other things trying to become Hunters, world-renown.. uh, an organisation of powerful people. Series completed.

Katekyo hitman REBORN! - this anime starts out with the daily arc that mostly contains comedy, but the action picks up from ep 20 (you might want to start from here). Very refreshing and different types of action, doesn't drag and is super-cool. After that, ep 34 begins the future arc that brings the characters to the future, more kick-ass action. On-going anime that is currently on ep 106. The story revolves around Tsuna and his group of friends. Tsuna's trained by REBORN to become the next Vongola tenth boss (mafia), but things start to get pretty serious when other mafia groups show up.

The law of Ueki - tournament style fighting. Comedy with action. I love Ueki the main character, not only because of his personality, but because he is voiced acted by the voice actor who acted Edward in FMA. The story's about the gods trying to find a the next god candidate on earth and making them do battles to find out who is the most suitable. Series completed.
Old 2008-11-08, 21:32   Link #6
Shadow Kira01

Gintama!

That's the only one I can think of right away.
Old 2008-11-08, 22:21   Link #7
Wavie
Freedom

Send a message via ICQ to Wavie Send a message via MSN to Wavie Send a message via Skype™ to Wavie
yep hunter x hunter definietely one of the closest animes to naruto and bleach.

When I recommend anime and people like Naruto or bleach I always recommend these ones above all the rest...

Hunter X Hunter (closest anime to bleach and naruto, slow start like naruto)
Naruto
Bleach
One Piece
Hajime No Ippo (perhaps the best out of all 5, Like one piece i put off watching this for over a year. It turned out to be one of the best animes I have ever watched)

It looks like you have watched and like the same animes as me, so hajime no ippo and hunter x hunter a definit yes for you. Trust me. Dont be put off by hajime no ippo being a boxing anime. Its one of the best action animes ever made along with its amazing story and unique characters. So far everyone (or most ) that has watched it considers it to be a legend among anime.

let me know what you think of these series once you have watched first ep or so

I have read other posts on the thread, whiles those recommendations are quite good the best ones are definitely hunter x hunter and hajime no ippo. I'll second kekkaishi and hunter x hunter. As for rest, they can wait.

D-Gray man is to damn slow and the action scenes are boring until near the end of the anime. look at it this way, naruto kicks off by ep 4. D-gray man almost never does. With endless fillers and bad and boring action scenes.
My Anime List
Old 2008-11-08, 22:28   Link #8
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
Soul Eater may fit the bill.
Old 2008-11-09, 08:08   Link #9
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Ill definately try Hunter x Hunter somewhen.
Ive looked up Hajime no Ippo on Youtube and it looks pretty interesting, too.

However, Ive just remembered Rurouni Kenshin.
I read the first six manga volumes a few years ago and I quite enjoyed it.
What do you think about it?

Last edited by ZGoten; 2008-11-09 at 08:23.
Old 2008-11-09, 09:07   Link #10
Wavie
Freedom

Send a message via ICQ to Wavie Send a message via MSN to Wavie Send a message via Skype™ to Wavie
Rurouni Kenshin was great for the first 20 episodes or so. but it is the most repetitive anime i have ever seen. every evil character is the same, every fight ends the same way. i lost interest.

shame, coulda been great.

you may like it tho, might not have been for me. I just dont like repetive stories, and the same move getting used from ep 1 to the end. it does start off good tho.

i really would recommend watching hajime no ippo, its just so well made. Its a boxing anime, it should be bad. but it rises above all other anime and becomes one of the best. The main characters and even the guest type characters (like on bleach) are just so story orientated that its great.

omg i forgot one, kenichi is also good. Its about martial arts and comedy mix.

but trust me, try ep one of hajime and see what ya think, i was totally put off by it being boxing and i regretted not watching it when i first found out about it.

so did you watch some of hajime no ippo or just first episode? That anime is one of the animes that just get better and better as it goes on.
My Anime List
Closed Thread