AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-03-21, 16:50   Link #1441
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuryu View Post
Well, it took me much longer than expected but here are the freebies from episode 10.

...0_0 ..squee time May I swipe the evil natsuki sig please? You just made my day. (^_^)
SageGaiGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 16:55   Link #1442
Hakuryu
Klutz

^ Go ahead and take it, they're all freebies~ :3
Old 2009-03-21, 16:56   Link #1443
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Cheers, thanks! Also wanted to use one of the natsuki avatars but then I'd have to get rid of my current one ;_;
Old 2009-03-21, 22:03   Link #1444
CrowKenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicero View Post
They need a rather large fanbase to support, so that hypothetical fourth season would have to be godly.
And definitely not produced by the current animation team!

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 02:49   Link #1445
cicero

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
And definitely not produced by the current animation team!

Yeah, pretty much. I mean, I don't mind the animation, but that kind of thing turns off a lot of viewers, which doesn't help popularity (or profits, for that matter).

Can someone who's more familiar with the industry tell me if the following theory makes sense?

-Minami-ke season 3 announced
-Economy crashes
-Asread cuts back on budgets for everything in anticipation of lowered revenue; this includes season 3 animation budget.
cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 03:28   Link #1446
anyme

I think this 3rd is miss some spice. 1st has Sensei and Ninomiya-kun. 2nd has Fuyuki the lucky bastard. 3rd has Curry song but it is only 1 EP, other than that it is the same as manga.

I feel that Sensei&Ninomiya-kun is more popular than the real show.

They should make Sensei&Ninomiya-kun OVA.
anyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 03:48   Link #1447
Ithekro
Space Battleship

It is probably the little things they did during the first season (that they repeated some of during the second) that is missing. The extra touches that gave it flavor and style. They've got the comic timing back for the third season that they seemed to lose for the second, but they lost some of the effects that helped accent some of those bits of comedy.

Ninomiya-kun and Sensei was an okay running gag in the Minami's television...but the PS4 game was epicly warped. Also the reactions of the Minami sisters tended to sell the jokes better than the actual running gag. (Chiaki's obsession with some sort of Shopping Channel in Season Three seems to be a running gag of sorts)

However, Asread has been using some of the same angles and shot composition that Doumu was using recently...but the shadowing and lighting for mood seems to be lacking (as are the faces, even though they still use the sound effects at the proper times). They are using the music correctly for the most part, and they've gotten better with their "pauses for effect" scenes over the second season where they messed up several jokes because they didn't have enough pause for the effect to set in, or a properly timed reaction shot (though they still had them).

In fact Natsuki's face when he starts growling at Chiaki is about the closest thing we've seem to some of those old reaction shot faces Doumu use to use and that Asread used to lesser effect in the second season.

(and the mention of Fuyuki...."lucky bastard" doesn't cover it really. "lucky bastard that didn't fit in or take the situation given to him my the Minami Sisters" is more like it. To be honest, he wasn't in all that many shots, and they honestly made you feel for him a little at the end...when it was too late for that...but Episode 6...made me hate his so much for sticking out too much from the rest of the cast...he just didn't fit in...to the point where even Kana couldn't even attempt to break him like she's broken everyone else that sets foot in that appartment to one degree or another.)
Old 2009-03-22, 12:04   Link #1448
ReddyRedWolf

Missed the first part but read the rest.

Spoiler for ep 12:

Frankly I'm amazed that Fujioka isn't the only one being tricked outside of Haruka and Chiaki that Mako-chan as a girl.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 14:25   Link #1449
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Episode 12's material was boring... But the main point to look at is the art quality/character designs! Because, well, unless you are blind, was very different from the previous episodes AND was different through the episode... And, that was the most interesting part. If the art was the same as usual, the episode would have been almost sleeping leveled...

The A-Part was the best... I think I might like the art here better than the usual season 3 art. Anyways... GJ! Especially considering he did it himself, it seems, looking at the staff in the credits...

And onward to the rest... From B-Part, we have another person doing the art and stuff, and with one look, you can see how bad it got. You really don't need to pause to see it, but try pausing at 14:08 or 22:43. (O_O)

And the next episode continues this...?! In a different meaning, looking forward to it.

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 14:43   Link #1450
SkoolRumble4Ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuryu View Post
Well, it took me much longer than expected but here are the freebies from episode 10.

Can I grab this?
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 18:34   Link #1451
Ithekro
Space Battleship

Not sure what is going on at the end between Chiaki and Kana, but the first half or so is surprisingly well done in an artistic sense.
Old 2009-03-22, 20:36   Link #1452
FireDetei
Online Gamer.

woah the art works really changed after section 1! It looks really erm, cool i spose tho LOL i just had flashbacks to old street fighter and capcom games during some of the scenes where the background was moving and it slightly zoomed out.

There were some shots where the drawing was really lame, Kana's legs being weirdly shapped, and exp at 22:43 as previously mentioned, Chiaki looked freaky as!

Last edited by FireDetei; 2009-03-22 at 20:50.
FireDetei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 00:05   Link #1453
Nemo_N
Anime Leecher

Episode 12

Did anyone else recognize Maki's former classmates?

Spoiler for classmates:
Nemo_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 01:59   Link #1454
U<3Anime
Boo!

I actually laughed pretty hard at the part where Kana draws on Maki and Uchida
Old 2009-03-23, 03:38   Link #1455
anyme

The first part of EP12 is very good quality. Character design is very nice. After that, somebody eat too much. I can see it on their face.
anyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 04:12   Link #1456
Ithekro
Space Battleship

Almost like they have one animation team that knows what they are doing, and then two others that are trainees or something. I can understand if they dont have the budget for effects and all, but some consistancy would go a long ways to making sure one would get a profit out of later sales. There wouldn't be the cry of "QUALITY" running around.
Old 2009-03-23, 04:28   Link #1457
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo_N View Post
Did anyone else recognize Maki's former classmates?

Spoiler for classmates:
The girls of Class 5-2?

Since Chiaki's class is Class 5-2 does that mean Makoto is the spiritual successor of Ryouta?
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 13:45   Link #1458
Ithekro
Space Battleship

Aside from a brief mention by Natsuki, there is no Touma in this episode.
Old 2009-03-23, 17:55   Link #1459
cicero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Almost like they have one animation team that knows what they are doing, and then two others that are trainees or something. I can understand if they dont have the budget for effects and all, but some consistancy would go a long ways to making sure one would get a profit out of later sales. There wouldn't be the cry of "QUALITY" running around.
There's probably a curve you can draw relating anticipated revenue and animation budget. It should start off really steep and flatten off at some maximum. For maximum profits, you should be where the slope is 1. I feel like this show is somewhere way too far to the left of that. Just not good business sense. What is Asread thinking?

Unless they just don't have enough money to put in. It is possible, since business loans must be damn hard to get right now, but it doesn't seem like other studios are having any problems.

As for trainee animation teams...it'd be disappointing if this show were the "trainee" show. Is Asread even doing anything else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
The girls of Class 5-2?

Since Chiaki's class is Class 5-2 does that mean Makoto is the spiritual successor of Ryouta?
....the trap successor, sure.
The picture seems to be missing the "main" girl though. Unless that girl changed her name to "Maki", dyed her hair red and cut it, and lost track of Ryouta somehow...
cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 20:03   Link #1460
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Almost like they have one animation team that knows what they are doing, and then two others that are trainees or something.
To be clear, the first part was done by Hosada, who participated a lot in Okawari, and the second part was done by Tomooka (see here), who has also worked on stuff in the past, so none of them are actually trainees. But it seems this is the first episode of Minami-ke that Tomooka worked? Which explains why this type of art collapse in this episode hasn't been seen before.

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen, slice of life