AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2008-03-17, 15:48   Link #1
Iron Maw
Aspiring Drunkard

Valkyrie Profile DS: The Accused One

I'm surprised that there isn't thread on this one.

Spoiler for Scan:

Quote:
You don't play as a Valkyrie, you don't even play as a female.
The main character is a young soldier with silver hair who hates the Valkyries from past experience.
He is determined to fight against the gods using the "feather that leads to victory" given to him by Heru from the underworld.
Everytime he uses the power of the wing, it turns darker.
Ansel is close friend of Wilfred.
Elise is a mysterious girl from the underworld that seeks to help Wilfred.
The game doesn't look like it's in Profile, it's isometric instead.
The theme of the game is "Vengence on the Gods".

Source is NeoGaf.
There are some rumors that the game takes place before VP1, which may mean a predetermined ending, but they can always pull a "VP2".
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 16:27   Link #2
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

wow so this is what Enix is working a VP for the DS it should come out for the PSP....now im gonna be forced to get a DS
Old 2008-03-17, 16:39   Link #3
lilguy
Certified Thread Killer

So the storyline is that of an anti-Valkyrie? O_o
Old 2008-03-17, 18:09   Link #4
Rias

I just hope they don't screw up the story again like in VP2...
Old 2008-03-17, 18:47   Link #5
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

I'll have to wait and see on this. I never played Valkyrie Profile (Though I wanted too...)

Though you won't play as a Valkyrie or anything? Disappointing. *Likes cool female lead characters over the all-too-common male leads*
Old 2008-03-18, 22:08   Link #6
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
As much as I thought the combat system in Valkyrie Profile 2 was pretty neat I hope they go back to the classic PSX one as it was much more direct and to the point. Even if they use the Valkyrie Profile 2 one I'll be happy though as it has it's charm. It's just that the DS doesn't really do 3D as well whereas I think it would be perfect for the classic battle system with it's ability to render some sweet 2D sprites. Oh and make use of the stylus somehow that isn't just gimmicky. Please? Something like it being used in the timing and selection of your attacks to make an already interactive non-menu driven battle system even better.

One thing I do know I can expect, this being a Tri-Ace game and all, is a bonus dungeon in the post game with an overly cutesy harmless looking superboss near the end. Think about it, the Tri-Ace games have leant us a legacy of bosses such as the Worm, Chibi Lenneth and Freya, Dirna Hamilton and if we count Tales Of then Seles and to some extent Arietta (Hard mode first playthrough).

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2008-03-18 at 22:28.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-18, 23:53   Link #7
Spectre

Vengeance on the Gods, sounds like a God of War plot. But it sounds like a nice twist to the plot, maybe we'll be slaying Valkyries this time around?
Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-19, 00:18   Link #8
Iron Maw
Aspiring Drunkard

Famitsu Scans are up!

http://www.forever-fantasy.net/modul...&orderby=dateD

http://www.forever-fantasy.net/modul...&orderby=dateD

The game is a Action RPG and 50% complete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
It's just that the DS doesn't really do 3D as well whereas I think it would be perfect for the classic battle system with it's ability to render some sweet 2D sprites.
Well, your in luck because it is 2D, but the sprites are really small.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama
One thing I do know I can expect, this being a Tri-Ace game and all, is a bonus dungeon in the post game with an overly cutesy harmless looking superboss near the end. Think about it, the Tri-Ace games have leant us a legacy of bosses such as the Worm, Chibi Lenneth and Freya, Dirna Hamilton and if we count Tales Of then Seles and to some extent Arietta (Hard mode first playthrough).

Personally, I thought the Hamsters were more painful then those guys.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-19, 23:13   Link #9
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
but they can always pull a "VP2".
TIME PARADOX.

With the feather progressively getting darker, I'm wondering if they are going back to the "periods" thing the first VP had.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-21, 04:36   Link #10
Rey Za Burrel
Taiyou no Tsubasa

this time we're not playing as a Valkyrie , so it's mean no recruiting einherjar.......right ? I hope that's wrong
GO, AQUARION !
Rey Za Burrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 12:15   Link #11
-Kh-
ポルカ

Bumping this thread to post that the release of Valkyrie Profile Covenant of the Plume has been announced for North America in March 17, 2009.

The official site is up already.
-Kh- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 23:51   Link #12
Shadow Kira01

Hope this time around, its not 2D... I was expecting it to be more like the Star Ocean series in terms of visiting towns and character interactions, yet that part was totally lacking.
Old 2008-11-12, 01:34   Link #13
-Kh-
ポルカ

Trailer

Some details about the Karma system

- About Karma

Even if the target of your attack dies (even if its physical strength drops to 0), if you keep attacking, "OVER ATTACK!!" will appear. This is the so-called "flogging the dead," and when you do this, you can acquire the karma. "Karma," like the appraisal rating of the first game, has a role, and with it you can rack up points that are recognized in the underworld. Aside from using the goddess' feather, earning karma with the "over attack" is the only way to acquire blame.

- The Objective of the Karma Rating

Whenever you rush into a battlefield, your objective karma rating is displayed. By attaining the amount of karma displayed inside the battlefield, you can obtain a rare item as a prize from the Queen of the Underworld when you clear the stage. On the flip side, if you don't exceed the karma displayed at the beginning of the battle, you may have to pay a penalty.

- Situations Where You Attain Objective Karma Rating

When you attain the Objective Karma Rating stated at the beginning of the battle, you can receive rare items from Queen Hel of the Underworld. If you greatly exceed the amount of karma provided, you can receive things as prizes, such as rare items and weapons that will increase your power, and will prove advantageous to you in the story. In addition, when you attain karma, "blame" gathers in the goddess' feather, which is possessed by Wylfred.

Ailyth: "Well done, Lord Wylfred. Lady Hel has sent you an item as a reward. Please accept it."

- Situations Where You Could Not Attain It

In cases where you could not attain the objective karma rating, the disappointed Queen of the Underworld sends an extremely strong messenger as a punishment. The general term for these messengers is "Hel Stalkers." Within Hel Stalkers are beings you have no chance of succeeding against with your current party, so you will be forced into a difficult fight within every battlefield.

Ailyth: It appears Lady Hel is disappointed with the way you have been working, Lord Wylfred. Please be careful.

-Kh- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 07:01   Link #14
tenkenX6
*Fansubber

Hmm....looks interesting. I hope it turns out good. I'll probably check it out when it releases stateside.
tenkenX6 is offline   Reply With Quote