AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 114 52.05%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 17.81%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 36 16.44%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 4.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 3.65%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 3.20%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.46%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 2.28%
Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-11-22, 00:56   Link #561
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Wow what a surprise, 4Tran has nothing but bad things to say about a Gundam 00 episode. Who ever would have suspected?

Going to side with the likes of NyxOne on this one and say that I'm glad it was resolved, that it was a logical conclusion that was built towards over the course of the series and that it REALLY was just not a bad episode no matter how much people are trying to bring it down for trivial reasons such as the belief that children cannot have a romantic interest in one another that can blossom through hardship and that the two can't be so excited after being reunited that they would embrace. I think some people are just sore because Soma went through a huge character change over one episode and neglect to realize that we've been buildin to this point with her character for the greater course of the last 13 or so episodes leading back into season 1.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 03:25   Link #562
jonli
JONLIの憂'
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Which might make sense, except that the creators seem to be trying hard to show how nice-nice Marie is supposed to be. Oh well, we'll know next episode if this is supposed to apply to just Allelujah.

Thinking about it a little more deeply, it'd be for the best if Marie does turn out to be a monster (and that the creators have the guts to show that) since it'd at least make her interesting. Right now, I find her to be about as exciting as a cardboard cutout.
That would really make things interesting actually. If they start to show Marie beginning to enjoy the thrill of the kill. Allelujah trying to stop it and all that. It would definitely breath more life into Allelujah's character.

I'm really afraid that they might just "end" Allelujah's story for now (until the very end of season 2). Like how they finished his story in season1, then ignored him for the rest of the season until the last episode.
__________________
Oh~ Baby! Shalalalala~ Shalala in the morning~ OH! BABY!
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 04:08   Link #563
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
I think that they made it clear that Marie had no contact with anyone other than Allelujah, so her experience in the super soldier facility must have been completely different from his. Since he must have treated her very well, Marie shouldn't have any sort of unusual psychosis (aside from that other identity, of course). And for that matter, Soma herself doesn't seem to have resented her status as a super soldier, so I don't think that such a conclusion comes naturally.
I don't think Marie had lost all of her senses from birth, or:
- they wouldn't have kept her that long;
- her intellect would be a lot less developed;
- she wouldn't have been able to acquire them later on, added personality or not. Her brain wouldn't have developed properly.

I speculate she grew up like a normal super-soldier, whatever that means, and lost her senses as a result of the scientists tweaking her "quantum brain waves" at some point in her childhood. Though you may be right and she didn't meet others of her kind before, for some reason.

Quote:
On your other note, it shouldn't come as a surprise that Soma is more compassionate; of the cast, she ranks fairly high in terms of empathy (if only because there are so many callous characters).
I know, but at first she was presented as some kind of fighting robot, but she is, in fact, one on the nicest characters in the cast. Marie, OTOH, from her voice and soft expression, is presented as a nice person, but may be a sociopath.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 06:54   Link #564
Ryuk
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Allelulja and Marie are going to wreck Celestial being. They are going to keep everyone at the ptolemy up all night and ruin the 8 hours of proper sleep needed to properly pilot a Gundam.

But hey, let's hope it's good for something, it may just wake up Hallelulja.
__________________
I'm a nitpicker, and I like it.
Ryuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 07:23   Link #565
Seibee
Mwu Fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: United Kingdom
it's too much to hope Marie might really be as nice as she seems?
Seibee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 07:30   Link #566
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
She seems to have no trouble forgiving the gratuitous slaughter of dozens of kids. How nice does that look to you?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 07:33   Link #567
Seibee
Mwu Fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: United Kingdom
I'm clinging to the slim hope she might just have been trying to make Alle-chan feel better. Most likely I'll be wrong though ._.
Seibee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 07:39   Link #568
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
She seems to have no trouble forgiving the gratuitous slaughter of dozens of kids. How nice does that look to you?
She understands why he did it, because she knows what he went through better than any audience. She forgave him, because she was the only one who can.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 07:44   Link #569
Ryuk
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
A little slaughter now and then is just healthy, as long as it does not become a regular habit, like with Ali.
__________________
I'm a nitpicker, and I like it.
Ryuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 07:51   Link #570
Seibee
Mwu Fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
She understands why he did it, because she knows what he went through better than any audience. She forgave him, because she was the only one who can.
That's the impression I got. Rather than not caring about the other children, she knew that what Allelujah did was probably the kindest thing he could have, to save them from going through what they already had.
Seibee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 07:57   Link #571
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seibee View Post
That's the impression I got. Rather than not caring about the other children, she knew that what Allelujah did was probably the kindest thing he could have, to save them from going through what they already had.
And even if she disapprove of what he did, there was no point being angry at him. Instead of avenging the dead, it is more important to protect the living.

I am actually crediting Sergei's upbringing for this, against the nay-sayers who say the old Soma is gone. Marie is portraying a level of maturity only possible under proper parenting, and Sergei was the only one in the position to do so.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 08:13   Link #572
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pizza
OMG! I'm gonna miss SOMA! T_T I hope she can you know..show her badass moves. But still, I know Ale won't allow that to happen.
Spring_sakura111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 08:14   Link #573
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring_sakura111 View Post
OMG! I'm gonna miss SOMA! T_T I hope she can you know..show her badass moves. But still, I know Ale won't allow that to happen.
Soma never left. She would now merely chose when and where to fight again by her own will, without being ordered to. Sergei will understand.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 09:16   Link #574
Seibee
Mwu Fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: United Kingdom
That's another reason why it confuses me as why people have said Marie might be some sort of monster. It's not like she's suddenly a completely different person. She's as much Soma as she is Marie. If not, she wouldn't have been at all upset to leave Sergei.
Seibee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 09:25   Link #575
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seibee View Post
That's another reason why it confuses me as why people have said Marie might be some sort of monster. It's not like she's suddenly a completely different person. She's as much Soma as she is Marie. If not, she wouldn't have been at all upset to leave Sergei.
People are just trying to justify claiming the old Soma's "return" is desirable by demonising Marie as much as possible.

They want the slave-solder Soma back, even though that isn't what Sergei wanted either. An obedient servant who will do everything the superior officer wanted. Sergei spent years getting that out of her, and A-Laws was putting it back.

And now it appears the Soma "fans" want their fantasies more than they care about Soma's wellbeing...
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 14:58   Link #576
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Yeah, why do people think Marie is supposed to be some sort of secret psycho again?
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 15:45   Link #577
Galerian
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
And now it appears the Soma "fans" want their fantasies more than they care about Soma's wellbeing...
You were suprised by this Anime-watcher prefering being fed their favourite dish of fanservice above the emotional well-being of an non-real person. Yeah, a real shock
Galerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 16:11   Link #578
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Yeah, why do people think Marie is supposed to be some sort of secret psycho again?
Because she seemed relatively unphased by Allelujah's gruesome tales of killing defenseless kids.

Besides, it's more fun that way.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 16:12   Link #579
NyxOne
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Maybe she didn't care about the rest?

And even if that's the case, that doesn't mean she's a bottled-up lunatic.
NyxOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 16:34   Link #580
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kinku
i dont think they are defenseless kids..... they are growing up to be weapons preatty much
__________________
☆● PeAcE N Love●☆
Kinku is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:28.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.