AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-12, 08:54   Link #281
EoT
~~

I'm really enjoying this series so far
EoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 09:22   Link #282
evil-samurai

The second episode was better than the first and I'm sure that's going to be the same case with the next episode. The fight scenes weren't all that good, but that was kinda expected. Still awesome the way they are handling Alice with playing out how creepy she can be xD
Spoiler for Freebie gifs:
evil-samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 09:51   Link #283
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Next episode is probably one of my favorite parts i've read in the manga. Going by the preview, it looks like they've captured the Abyss perfectly.

Shame most of you aren't sharing your thoughts on what you think of the black rabbit.
I feel terrible shame for not sharing thoughts on that subject .

Ability wise a pretty good fighter since those guys were handled easily and were even being toyed with. Pretty tough to handle I'd say with the weapon and the chains working together. Still trying to get a handle on that girl overall. Did save Oz from getting stabbed to death. Of course then labels him as property and let's them dump him into Abyss. Definitely one of the more interesting parts of the episode when black rabbit arrived on the scene.
Old 2009-04-12, 12:12   Link #284
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil-samurai View Post
Second from the left, itadakimasu!

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 12:26   Link #285
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Definitely one of the more interesting parts of the episode when black rabbit arrived on the scene.
/me nods

I adore the visuals in this story. I'm such a fan of fairytales and such, and this has plenty. So many hidden references to Alice in Wonderland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Second from the left, itadakimasu!
A good change. Rather fitting for you.

& i just changed my sig image~
Old 2009-04-12, 12:48   Link #286
Guido

If out of any remote chance in this universe a proper live-action film adaptation, with good script-writing and a decent cast, of Pandora Hearts could ever manifest, do you think that Tim Burton would make a perfect match to direct it?

Sorry for this off-topic comment, it's just that yesterday I've finally watched (for the first time) on video, "Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street", and watching Burton's archetypal, trademark, Victorian-Goth filming style, I got strucked with an epiphany.

The Abyss, Alice World's, and the world of Pandora Hearts would be made justice coming to life with Burton's art filming and directing.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 14:57   Link #287
Used Can

Hmm... at the beginning, despite apparent the flashback, the story gave me a bad impression with all those kids running around. However, the story did build up well throughout the first episode as it turned more mysterious, even more so when that crazy girl showed up.
Old 2009-04-12, 16:00   Link #288
Guido

Tempest of Conviction

I'm in awe after watching the second episode.

Not only the tension build up to heighten the anxiety from Gilbert to Oz, but the battle sequences rocked the heavens.

After watching this episode, I'm getting thrilled at rereading back the manga to make comparisons among the changes made to the anime.
Spoiler:

Yuki Kajiura's soundtrack magnificiently complimented Alice's rampage against the Soul Reapers, and just as it happened before with other anime featuring her musical scores I'll waiting for the release of the Pandora Heart's soundtrack.

Spoiler for Hints:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 16:08   Link #289
Manic
real men love pink

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil-samurai View Post
The second episode was better than the first and I'm sure that's going to be the same case with the next episode. The fight scenes weren't all that good, but that was kinda expected. Still awesome the way they are handling Alice with playing out how creepy she can be xD

sweet thanks i was hoping someone would make some avy/sigs
Old 2009-04-12, 18:09   Link #290
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

After rereading the manga I actually like Alice in the anime better since it's easier to show her shift from fits of madness to sanity. I guess it's a little easier to do with spoken words than type alone. And I really can't make any comments on the art anymore since I seem to be watching some really low quality subs, I suspect it would look better if it didn't look quite so blocky.
Hmm, Yen Press is going to start publishing Pandora Hearts in their magazine, I might want to subscribe since they have a number of nice things now...
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 18:22   Link #291
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

It's a fine line walked in a story like this, where you have a kawaii central character who by all appearances has done nothing wrong - yet is apparently about to be subjected to some grisly trials. A few steps over the line and it can gather an unpleasant feel to it.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 19:09   Link #292
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

Yes, ep2 keeps the ball rolling. Good stuff. Madness that I can just about follow. And a stunning plot event well portrayed and emphasized.

I can't say much about the Black Rabbit, Shiroth, because I'm still in shock, lol. I will say it reminds me of the opening of ep1 of Souten Kouro. There is a monster there that some people are thinking is too humorous. I disagree there, and here.

I'm still thinking Kawasumi is giving us one of the best performances of the season here. Some others: Hayami Saori in Higashi no Eden, Endou Aya in Hanasakeru Shounen, Takagaki Ayahi in Requiem for the Phantom.
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Akatsuki no Yona | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Fate/Stay Night UBW | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete | Wixoss
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 19:36   Link #293
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I can't say much about the Black Rabbit, Shiroth, because I'm still in shock, lol.
I can't blame you.

As i said before, i adore fairytale settings. The black rabbit is very much to my tastes --- especially the shot shown in the OP.
Old 2009-04-12, 19:41   Link #294
DeadlySoldier37
The players president

Just saw episode 2, I have to say this episode was better than the last one. It has it high points of suspense, like when the clock started moving again when Oz arrived at the top. I have to say my favorite part of the show was when Alice appeared to mark her property. The fight between the Black Rabbit and those weirdos was pretty good. At the end when Alice told Oz that she will be waiting for him in the abyss was pretty freaky. Looking forward for the next episode to see how things move on from here.
DeadlySoldier37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 21:39   Link #295
EoT
~~

I wasn't really feeling the music they played in the fight scene in episode 2. It didn't have that pump feeling
EoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 22:24   Link #296
Yaluen
銀髪冒險家兼少女殺手

Quote:
Originally Posted by EoT View Post
I wasn't really feeling the music they played in the fight scene in episode 2. It didn't have that pump feeling
I don't think that fight was suppose to have that pump feeling at all, since that scene was probably meant more to give Alice/B-Rabbit a more spiced up introduction into the show than anything else (I hope...)

I'll admit, I didn't like that fight scene either (even though the music was nice), but I'm willing to let it slide since the series hasn't exactly...what do you call it?...get up to speed yet. They better not pull off something like that again though. I'm expecting some good action from the Cheshire cat.
Yaluen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 23:30   Link #297
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Time for a change of avatar... and some art.
Spoiler for keeping space:
Old 2009-04-13, 05:44   Link #298
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
Time for a change of avatar...
Heh, that avatar has been around on this forum.
Old 2009-04-13, 09:48   Link #299
Beruko08
The Shadow of Twilight
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Beruko08 Send a message via Skype™ to Beruko08
freebies
Spoiler for save space:

Umineko no naku koro ni

Current Playing: Oblivion IV, Recettear, Bad Company 2, Starcraft II.
Current Watching Shiki, Seitokai, Mitsudomoe, Densetsu, Nurarihyon no mago, FMP Brotherhood, HOTD, Occult
Beruko08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 10:10   Link #300
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*´∀`)ノ

Good lord, Kajiura's music is awesome #_# And it fits pretty well for this series. The first time I heard it, I got goosebumps because it fits with the beginning of the fighting scene. . .and Alice maniac laughter.

Sharon is cute :x I wonder who she really is. .
and uh, is that Gilbert at the end ?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shounen