AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2009-08-24, 06:25   Link #81
PiiCii
lvl 20 Hikikomori/Murse

Hmm, I guess my picture didn't come up. Oh well, here they are

I really like the last one, but it feels kinda empty for the rest of the car. Thinking I have to add some to it, any ideas? And should I have the same picture on both sides? I can't have picture on one side only, cuz' it won't flooow
Old 2009-08-24, 14:10   Link #82
Shadow Kira01

How about just add words of some sort related to the Haruhi series like everybody else who do itasha nowadays? Just check my previous posts and you will get the idea..
Old 2009-08-24, 21:54   Link #83
npcomplete

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiiCii View Post
I really like the last one, but it feels kinda empty for the rest of the car. Thinking I have to add some to it, any ideas? And should I have the same picture on both sides? I can't have picture on one side only, cuz' it won't flooow
Now with the mockups, the GSG actually does look pretty good. It flows very well probably because of its directionality and how it crosses from back to front door. I like the integration of the nozzle fire with front door handle The last one (Haruhi) looks good too but like you said a bit bare.. probably because it seems relegated to the passenger door. I suppose you could add more of background or other characters if you want busier look.
npcomplete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 03:56   Link #84
PiiCii
lvl 20 Hikikomori/Murse

Yeah, I agree, I think the GSG looks pretty cool, but I'll have to make it a bit bigger I think, we'll see. I'll be working on some more later today. As for the Haruhi I'll try to figure it out, some background, another picture with more "flow", or I'll just use the words as you said Shadow, I've seen it on almost every itasha I've ever seen, so I guess thats what you're supposed to do.. I'll try to post more. Right now it's a 50-50 Haruhi and GSGpic.
Old 2009-08-25, 16:37   Link #85
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Where do you get someone to do an itasha on your car in the US?

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 16:56   Link #86
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Where do you get someone to do an itasha on your car in the US?
Pimp my Ride ? ( jk )

No really though, shouldn't any place that specializes in customizing the visuals of cars do ? I mean, what does it matter wether it's an anime character or a tribal symbol, if you provide with them with the material.

( I might be totally wrong about the above though.. But I highly doubt that you will find a place that specializes only in itasha from US )
Old 2009-08-26, 13:58   Link #87
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
I mean someone who can make those stickers and stuff... (doesn't matter where in the US)

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 18:30   Link #88
PiiCii
lvl 20 Hikikomori/Murse

You should just search for a company that sells decals. Some of them, I know, let you send them your image of whatever, and they'll print it out for you. Also, advertising companies could also probably fix something for you since many put their advertisement on cars and such. I'd go for the decals though, since they probably have more experience in similar stuff.
Old 2009-08-26, 19:09   Link #89
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Surely some of you haven't had your head stuck in a cultural rut; Back when "The Fast and the Furious" and the import tuner scene were all the rage as it was almost a decade ago, many tuner cars had body graphics with manufacturers to create such just as common...Of course, that was back in 2001, and nobody does that shit anymore, but there are still manufacturers that cater to whatever lingering demand there still is...

I mean, hell, if you can get a tacky graphic decals made to run down the profile of your car, then you sure as hell can get a tacky itasha decals to run the entire area of the car...

What specific company would do such a thing? Damned if I know; That's not my market...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 07:08   Link #90
npcomplete

You'd definitely need to find one of those companies working for ad agencies like PiiCii mentioned to make one for you since they specialize in making large ones that cover the entire car, including ones that can be seen through from the inside out to cover windows.
npcomplete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 07:15   Link #91
PiiCii
lvl 20 Hikikomori/Murse

I think I'll go with the Haruhi pics, at leat for now. There aren't too many pics that fit the car from gsg, so.. Here are my latest ideas. What do you think? I'm also wondering if I should have the same picture on both sides of the car.. is that okay, or should I have different pictures, but similar "look"..?

Old 2009-08-27, 09:46   Link #92
Shadow Kira01

Cars in America rarely do have something similar to itasha but the pictures are usually either flames or skulls. Don't know why anybody would want to add skulls to a very nice-looking car though. For that matter, people who are looking to add itasha onto their cars can just go the places where they add skulls. I think, all you got to do is pay some extra fees and it should be okay.

Quote:
This one looks good!

Same picture on both sides would look great but I have seen itasha in which they have different pictures and keywords all over the places.
Old 2009-08-27, 10:05   Link #93
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Kira01 View Post
Don't know why anybody would want to add skulls to a very nice-looking car though.
At the same time I don't see why anyone would want to "Itasha" a perfectly good car, but you don't see me raising questions here...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 11:07   Link #94
Kitsune
九尾の狐
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
I mean someone who can make those stickers and stuff... (doesn't matter where in the US)
the stickers can be bought through internet shops, I've bought the Shakugan no Shana one, now I just need to change my car XD
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 11:37   Link #95
PiiCii
lvl 20 Hikikomori/Murse

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
At the same time I don't see why anyone would want to "Itasha" a perfectly good car, but you don't see me raising questions here...
Well, if you really like skulls, then I understand why you would put it on your car. Likewise, if you really like anime/manga, then why not put that on your car as well.

Oh, and I think I'll go with that picture there. Looks good I think, and my girlfriend likes it too. Now all we have to do is find a place to put it on, and the money to buy it. Should be done within a month I think... hope, at least. It needs to be done before the next con at least

Last edited by PiiCii; 2009-08-29 at 10:17. Reason: New info!
PiiCii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 18:03   Link #96
Shadow Kira01

American Itasha

Spoiler for size:

And the characters are from the visual novel Ashita no Kimi to Au Tame ni.
Old 2009-09-22, 22:19   Link #97
infamous619

Itasha

Hey everybody, this is my first time on this website. I am probably on the wrong section, if i am, sorry. I was looking for precise infomation on how to make an itasha decal because I am a HUGE anime fan and want to make me one. Does anybody know any video tutorial online on how to make an itasha decal? or does anybody know how to make one? if so, tell me
infamous619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-26, 10:00   Link #98
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

Actually the majority of Itashas are in Japan, but there are Ita-(insert your object here)s all over the world. For example, Ita-laptop, Ita-PSP, Ita-Wii etc........basically it's just a big sticker........I love them though
MitsubishiZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-04, 14:35   Link #99
Silvanoshei
ぜんぴょう☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfens View Post
I'd be more worried about the paint job if you ever took them off. Does it leave any damage?
Negative, more to the point... decals actually preserve your paint job and protect it from harmful weather. (Fullwraps)
Old 2010-01-04, 21:32   Link #100
Cosmic Eagle
卍曼荼羅・無量大数

I wonder which actually prevents drivers more from getting anime decals....

Cost or the thousand stares and car thief bait from being the only decorated car in an ocean of dull black and red (generally speaking) ones