AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2008-11-19, 14:14   Link #121
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Sengoku said that 6 out of 7 Shichibukai are there, except Jinbei.

That reminds me... I wonder if Moria's even in a good enough condition to fight? I mean, he got wasted by Luffy and he lost his whole zombie army at Thriller Bark. I'd think he would have had to find some corpses and shadows of some pretty darn powerful people if he's to participate in the war....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 14:15   Link #122
Rinji
Mew...
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Rinji
.....HOLY SCREAMING SHEEP SHIT! This could very well be the big one!!
Old 2008-11-19, 14:15   Link #123
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinji View Post
Well hold on, Whitebeard and Luffy coming to the same place... What if Blackbeard is there?! What if this is it?! What if this will be the Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny... you know, with the good guys and the bad guys.... and explosions. But anyway... Yeah you never know..
That "Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny" would most likely be for Whitebeard going against Blackbeard. Don't froget, we have yet to see Kaidou and the mysterious 4th Yonkou at the New World.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 14:18   Link #124
Rinji
Mew...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post

Oh, and.... does anyone still think that Kidd and Law's crews may have ran into the REAL Kuma at Sabaody? If that's the case, then they probably got paw'd by him, too. Either that, or they're sitting in some dark cell at Impel Down, as well. I guess it can be pretty much guaranteed that Apoo, Drake, Hawkins and Urouge are held there, as well....
Unless already said otherwise, I'm willing to believe Kidd and Law escaped capture, and are probably going to play bigger roles in the long run.
Old 2008-11-19, 14:48   Link #125
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
The New World has been built up for quite a while as being the ultimate obstacle for any pirates who aim to become the Pirate King to overcome.
Well, not quite ultimate - surely the last island would be the true ultimate.

The way I tend to think of it is as an order of magnitude difference. Just as there's a huge difference between pirates who sail on the 4 seas (East Blue, West Blue etc) and those who can survive the Grand Line, there's a similar step up between the normal Grand Line and the New World part. (Remember how scary the Grand Line was made out to be before the crew entered it...?)

Incidentally, since it's called the New World, maybe the Marines don't have as much of a presence there (relative to the rest of the world) - ie it's more of a frontier area. Either way, it does seem more likely that Luffy and co will be going up against other pirates more often than in the past.
Old 2008-11-19, 14:53   Link #126
Umaibo

During the earlier chapters when Garp and Luffy met, he gave Luffy a lecture about Luffy being a pirate instead of a marine officer. Garp definitely has an Unswayable sense of justice. I highly doubt that he will rescue Ace. I really think that he is there to lecture him.

As for the shichibukai, I guess only 5 are really fighting, since Jinbei refuses to participate and Boa most likely won't fight,either. Moria is not at his best, but his powers are frightening, nonetheless. He can still steal shadows, and if he bought his corpses along, he can still make zombies. Milhawk is definitely not a pushover. After all, he was once Shanks' rival! Kuma doesn't take orders from the marines but he does take orders from the World Government. He will definitely use his all in the upcoming fight. Not much can be said about Doflamingo because not much is known about him, other than his powers to manipulate someone's movements. Blackbeard will definitely shine in this whole mess. I am sure he will take down Whitebeard in this fight. Remember, Blackbeard gave Shanks a scar (we don't know if he did it before or after he ate his devil's fruit) so he is definitely major badass.

Not to mention, the admirals are said to show up, too. Another interesting part is that it seems lthat Whitebeard had called in some pirates from the New World (if I didn't misread somewhere).

There is the chance that the other Yonkou will participate in this fight. First of all, I realize that this war is none of their business. However, if Whitebeard is taken down. The balance between the "Three Great Powers" will be broken. The marines and the World Government will gain a huge influence. I'm sure at least one of the Yonkou will want to prevent that.
Umaibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 15:03   Link #127
Umaibo

Quote:
Oh, and.... does anyone still think that Kidd and Law's crews may have ran into the REAL Kuma at Sabaody? If that's the case, then they probably got paw'd by him, too. Either that, or they're sitting in some dark cell at Impel Down, as well. I guess it can be pretty much guaranteed that Apoo, Drake, Hawkins and Urouge are held there, as well....
I definitely think that at least half of the supernovas were captured. Even if Kuma met Trafalgar and Kidd, there is no reason for Kuma to save them. Kuma only saved the Straw Hats because of the affairs with Zoro.

I am curious about Hawkins' predictions. I guess it said that there was 0% of them dying, but it said nothing about them being defeated and captured.
Old 2008-11-19, 15:03   Link #128
yaluckyboy
NaruHina Maniac

One Piece Chapter 523 has been released in OneManga today (pretty early I'd say since it usually comes out late Thursday or Friday)

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/523/
( W)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
yaluckyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 15:04   Link #129
Rinji
Mew...
*Author

Well Shanks told Whitebeard that he was given the scar and it still burned after so long, then he warned him of his great new power. So I would assume he gave him the scar during his Yami Yami Fruit days.
Old 2008-11-19, 15:07   Link #130
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireportgas View Post
I didn't read the posts so I'm not sure if someone mentioned it but I have an EXTREMELY bad feeling that Sanji will become an okama to be able to fight with women...If that happens I'll stop watching One Piece right now...
I'm not sure exactly how to respond to this, so I'll just speak my mind.

Where the hell did you pull that cow-fart idea from?

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
holypanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 15:22   Link #131
Rinji
Mew...
*Author

Wow, yeah I wonder if the WIND KNOT is going to be an important plot item, *cough cough*. Well yes, it seems the chapter was well translated, especially at the end with Sanji... "I am now in hell" seems very fitting.

So what's all this about Jimbei wanting out of the Shichibukai?
Old 2008-11-19, 15:24   Link #132
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Wow, yeah I wonder if the WIND KNOT is going to be an important plot item, *cough cough*. Well yes, it seems the chapter was well translated, especially at the end with Sanji... "I am now in hell" seems very fitting.

Yes, the wind knot has potential. I'd like to see Nami come backwith all sorts of similar gadgets for Usopp and Franky to improve upon. Anyone else thought that franky's section was hilarious?
Also; I think Sanji might get the spotlight for the next few chapters, look at the title: Hell. Where is Sanji? Hell.
Old 2008-11-19, 15:31   Link #133
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

The translation carry through well, but they didn't translate exactly, but mostly minor stuff. Like the girls were calculating Hancock's smile by carats, not just thinking why its brilliant.

Not sure about you guys, but Hancock's definitely got me with her Coodere moe lol

She's the best Coodere I've ever seen, effectively kicking out Tokiko~chan, the Busou Renkin female lead, out of my No. 1 spot for Cooderes.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 15:36   Link #134
Umaibo

Quote:
Yes. I found that interesting, as well. Having the title of "Shichibukai" gives a pirate extreme freedom, not to mention that most of the Shichibukai are still pirates at heart. For example, Moria still wants to be Pirate King; Boa is rebellious. They have "freedom" because the marines can never disturb them, just like how Amazon Lily is untouched by the marines. Also, the Shichibukai do not have to listen to the marines, just like when Kuma saved the Straw Hats IN FRONT of an admiral; it was really a daring thing to do.

Anyway, Jinbei must have a great reason to not want to join the war against Whitebeard, so much so that he lets himself get imprisoned. Surely, he has enough powers to not get captured, even if he refuses to participate.

This seems to signal that he will meet Luffy in Impel Down and something significant will happen.
Old 2008-11-19, 15:40   Link #135
Rinji
Mew...
*Author

Yes it does signify that Jimbei will be the most unpredictable of all.
Old 2008-11-19, 15:47   Link #136
KingOfWorlds
The Destined One

am i the only one who noticed that One Piece was released like ... SUPER EARLY; at first when i first saw it i was hoping that maybe i missed something or something had happen and that 524 was going to come out this week since 523 got leaked or released early. But i dont think their going to answer my prayers
KingOfWorlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 16:12   Link #137
seiji_kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by usopsama View Post
Blackbeard gave Shanks a scar (we don't know if he did it before or after he ate his devil's fruit) so he is definitely major badass.
Quote:
Well Shanks told Whitebeard that he was given the scar and it still burned after so long, then he warned him of his great new power. So I would assume he gave him the scar during his Yami Yami Fruit days.
He gave him that scar obviously before he ate his DF. Shanks already had that scar when Luffy was a kid. Teach had to run after he ate his DF, and Ace was after him so it was something that happened recently since Ace was only for 2 years in the GL.
Old 2008-11-19, 16:40   Link #138
Umaibo

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
He gave him that scar obviously before he ate his DF. Shanks already had that scar when Luffy was a kid. Teach had to run after he ate his DF, and Ace was after him so it was something that happened recently since Ace was only for 2 years in the GL.
Nice deduction. That is definitely very plausible.

Do you remember where it says that he has only been in the Grand Line for two years? I can't find it anywhere (I checked "Luffy meets Ace in Arabasta," "Shanks meets Whitebeard" and "Luffy meets Garp," and I can't find it anywhere) It is not that I don't believe you but I want to see it, too.
Old 2008-11-19, 16:47   Link #139
seiji_kun

I remembered it a bit wrong, I was of bye a year.

Spoiler:
Old 2008-11-19, 17:13   Link #140
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

omg SANJI YOU UNLUCKY GUY!!!!!
cloak_and_dagger is offline   Reply With Quote