AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2005-12-27, 06:01   Link #121
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

You can say that because you actually fansubbed the show. How many times have you seen each episode? I've watched each episode merely once.

In other words, I've already given up because I could only recognize a dozen. And the one near the end that just won't stop - I guess that's another dozen right there.

Have you considered the possibility of giving the prize to the person who can guess the most arienais if you don't get a complete answer by the end of January?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 06:12   Link #122
Quarkboy
Anime Translator

Send a message via AIM to Quarkboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
You can say that because you actually fansubbed the show. How many times have you seen each episode? I've watched each episode merely once.

In other words, I've already given up because I could only recognize a dozen. And the one near the end that just won't stop - I guess that's another dozen right there.

Have you considered the possibility of giving the prize to the person who can guess the most arienais if you don't get a complete answer by the end of January?
Sure I guess I didn't realize how much Pretty Cure was burned into my brain....

One hint: You can always tell whether an arienai is from the first 13 episodes or 14+, from the encoding quality (the ones from 1-13 were tv rips)...
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 12:51   Link #123
Guido

http://www.asahi.co.jp/precure/news/15.html

The link above leads to the Pretty Cure page announcing that for the third series the previous cast will be replaced with a new one.

Cure Black (Misumaru Nagisa) replaced for Cure Bloom (Hyuuga Saki)

Cure White (Yukishiro Honoka) replaced for Cure Egret (Mishou Mai)

The third series will feature a whole, different story from the previous two.

Pretty Cure: Next Generation, anyone?
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 14:42   Link #124
Quarkboy
Anime Translator

For more info on splash star, read this post on the the precure livejournal community:

http://www.livejournal.com/community...29.html#cutid1

where I translate the entire article.

P.S. As for the "next generation thing", I've specifically read that Honoka and Nagisa will NOT APPEAR in the new series at all. So I presume that means they are "reborn"/"reinvented" and it's not a generational thing.
Old 2005-12-27, 16:47   Link #125
Oiseau

Send a message via Yahoo to Oiseau
I'm still curious to see how they're going to pull off a "remake" of a show that's just finished airing. The plot for Splash Star looks nearly identical to the one for PreCure Season 1. Too bad I won't know in the near future -- if the Arienai team persist in their decision to release the next season in H264 only, I'll have to wait until I save enough money to buy a new computer. And that won't happen in the foreseeable future.
Oiseau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 17:14   Link #126
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
I'm not against new characters being introduced. However I can't see any point to starting the entire story from scratch. They should build on the previous seasons. Disregarding them is stupid. Although maybe despite that the series will be decent.
Old 2005-12-27, 22:33   Link #127
Quarkboy
Anime Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiseau
I'm still curious to see how they're going to pull off a "remake" of a show that's just finished airing. The plot for Splash Star looks nearly identical to the one for PreCure Season 1. Too bad I won't know in the near future -- if the Arienai team persist in their decision to release the next season in H264 only, I'll have to wait until I save enough money to buy a new computer. And that won't happen in the foreseeable future.
It took me 1.5 years to finish first season, so it'll probably take that long to finish max heart too. You sure you can't save enough money for a new computer over the next 1.5 years?
Old 2006-01-07, 14:06   Link #128
zrdb
I'm Under Arrest!!

Send a message via Yahoo to zrdb
I first saw Pretty Cure about a year ago at a local anime club and got totally addicted to Honoka and Nagisa, it was kinda hard getting all of the episodes together, had to use 2 different fansubs, well worth the effort. I'm not in the demographic group that this series was intended for, ie-female and under the age of 13-but that doesn't stop me from enjoying it, none the less. But then I'm a great shojo fan, can't wait for Areinai to start putting out Max tv.
zrdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-24, 17:24   Link #129
Kamui4356
Aria Company

According to animeondvd and animenewsnetwork, 4kids has licensed pretty cure... While I'm not what you'd call a fan, I didn't think the series was bad. It's a shame to see a series go to 4kids when you know they're just going to butcher it...
Old 2006-02-24, 17:45   Link #130
Guido

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
According to animeondvd and animenewsnetwork, 4kids has licensed pretty cure... While I'm not what you'd call a fan, I didn't think the series was bad. It's a shame to see a series go to 4kids when you know they're just going to butcher it...
Did 4-KIDS further comment if they licensed all the three Pretty Cure series or just the first Pretty Cure (classic series)?

I'm thankful to be able to have finished watching the first Pretty Cure (unbutchered, unadulterated, unedited, uncensored), but unfortunately, I will have to wait a long while to watch Max Heart and worst of all, it would be the 4-KIDS butchered, censored, and edited dub.

On the bright side, I do not care very much about the fiasco that Splash Star started as.
Old 2006-02-24, 21:26   Link #131
Quarkboy
Anime Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
Did 4-KIDS further comment if they licensed all the three Pretty Cure series or just the first Pretty Cure (classic series)?

I'm thankful to be able to have finished watching the first Pretty Cure (unbutchered, unadulterated, unedited, uncensored), but unfortunately, I will have to wait a long while to watch Max Heart and worst of all, it would be the 4-KIDS butchered, censored, and edited dub.

On the bright side, I do not care very much about the fiasco that Splash Star started as.
Well, I knew this day would come. No, really, I did know, I got a tip from the Forbes magazine reporter, so I knew almost for sure PC was scheduled for Fall 2006 on 4kids in about september.

On a more immmediate note, I will continue to sub Max heart (ep 1 is amost done) until they clarify that they've licensed all 3 years. I'm guessing that's probably not the case. They might even only do the first 26 eps like with TMM...

We'll have to wait a bit until that's clarified, I'm sure.

In any case, now the subs are "out there", so even if 4kids doesn't release subbed versions or uncut version (as I'm sure will be the case, unless Toei made strange demands on them) they'll be out there to people who really really want them.
Old 2006-02-25, 12:16   Link #132
Calca
Expressionless

4Kids is the only group I really don't have any qualms downloading fansubs for after a license because:

1. They don't release DVDs of the original product

2. They are not interested in promoting anime as it is, only making anime into "cartoons"

I am happy to hear that Max Heart fansubbing will go on as planned. I also seriously doubt that they have Max Heart considering 4Kids likes to license episodes in blocks based on the performance of an anime on Fox.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 21:53   Link #133
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

But anime is a cartoon, and vice versa. They'r both animated cells. Anyways, 4kids will probably give it a okay dub along with many, many needless cuts in terms of plot and music.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 00:35   Link #134
Leo_Otaku
俺たちはリトルバスターズ!

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I never cared for this series but the music is kinda catchy other wise the plot was just way too cliche and so darn boring....

It sucks for the fans tho who wanted to get the R1 dvd's uncut
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 04:28   Link #135
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maceart
But anime is a cartoon, and vice versa. They'r both animated cells.
Saying that anime is a cartoon and vice versa because they both have animated cells is like saying that humans are chimpanzees and vice versa because you are both primates.

While there is a strong resemblance between some of the people I know and chimpanzees, nevertheless there are some differences of note. Like the ability to use the internet, among other less important abilities. Similarly I note a lot of differences between the categories of cartoons and anime that make it useful to differentiate between them.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-02-27, 19:06   Link #136
Princess_of_Hell
Being Felt Up My Skirt

Send a message via AIM to Princess_of_Hell
At least all the episodes were fansubbed before it was licensed.
Princess_of_Hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-28, 11:52   Link #137
Guido

Another interesting article concerning the 4-KIDS licensing of Pretty Cure in Anime Nation's Ask John archives.

What's John's Reaction to 4Kids Distributing Pretty Cure?

Two points are stressed.
1. Since Pretty Cure remains virtually unknown and unheard of within the mainstream American anime community, the dub will help to build up an American fan base for the show.
Pretty Cure's licensing has started discussion in other boards, regarding mainstream fans of magic-girl anime like Sailor Moon.

2. The Pretty Cure fans contempt about the severe cuts and changes that the dub will undergo to fit into American TV standards.

The most blaring change for all of Pretty Cure fans will be altering of Cure Black and Cure White names so as to avoid negative potential criticisms stem from racial insensitivity.
Old 2006-02-28, 12:53   Link #138
Eeknay
Gendo died for your sins.
*Fansubber

He said that Cure White/Black *might* be changed. It's speculation.
Eeknay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-28, 19:03   Link #139
Quarkboy
Anime Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeknay
He said that Cure White/Black *might* be changed. It's speculation.
I would be really suprised if they did that. It'd be way too hard to change all the merchandize .

Now that I think about it, though... it IS kind of racist. Why is Black so atletic and White so intellectual? And Black only likes fried foods too... White has a big house while black lives in a small apartment. White is obviously way richer than Black. And the biggest thing: Black can't swim.

Goddamn, it's a giant stereotype! I'm gonna write an angry letter to the NAACP to get the show banned from the air...
Old 2006-02-28, 19:45   Link #140
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy
Now that I think about it, though... it IS kind of racist. Why is Black so atletic and White so intellectual? And Black only likes fried foods too... White has a big house while black lives in a small apartment. White is obviously way richer than Black. And the biggest thing: Black can't swim.

Goddamn, it's a giant stereotype! I'm gonna write an angry letter to the NAACP to get the show banned from the air...

Tags
magical girl, school life