AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 79 45.40%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 23.56%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 15.52%
7 out of 10 : Good 18 10.34%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.15%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.57%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.57%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.57%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 2.30%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-11-23, 11:45   Link #241
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: http://www.exciting-tits.com/
The current Kurozuka have the female Romi. ^^
__________________
“This be the realest shit I ever wrote.” ~Tupac
So very dead right now.. but still breathing thank you.
Top 4 Manga Waifu
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa


KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 11:47   Link #242
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
I didn't know that it was the same director, interetsing, thanks :3
Yes. Paku Romi is probably chosen to even narrating one of the promo of season 2 could be because of that. If not, why will a VA voicing a supporting be chosen to narrate a promo? This is just my thought.

Quote:
You mean, in the last PD? And the people in it thought that lelouch was a female. But Lelouch used his normal voice... WTF seriously.... XD
Yes, I can't believe no one find "her" fishy. If he wanna disguise as a girl, he should learn from Tieria and do it convincingly

Quote:
I wanna see Lyle's reaction. The worse possibility would be that "he didn't care about who killed his brother" >_>
That should be the way if he want to show the rest that he is different from his brother. But deep down, I'm sure he will be vexed.
__________________

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 11:50   Link #243
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink-chan View Post
It's easier for females to tone down their voice to voice male characters than vice versa I think. I wouldn't be surprised if adjustment is made on Kamiya's voice. With the technology, male giving female voice is possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
You can still tell that a "female-as-male" voice sounds "female" (as demonstrated by the posts that think that Regene is female).

However, no one can say that Tieria's female voice sounded "male".

There are certainly some male VA's that have a higher pitch in general that may be confused as female, but for someone like Kamiya who would have to resort to falsettos to create the female sounding voice in that drama CD, I really don't see him with the female Tieria's voice (unless its through software manipulation).


That's because Romi Paku would otherwise be uncredited for ANY role in that episode. Usually if its a small part and the VA already has another role in the episode (Mayu Asuka in Seed Destiny, who had the same VA as Lunamaria, comes to mind), they just leave it out.

Plus its better for the speculation.
I can see your point about why she would have been credited, and your point about the fact that males do have a higher pitch, but I have heard males (not in anime, but in real life) who are able to mimic a women’s voice perfectly. I haven't heard all of Kamiya's roles in anime before, but I wouldn't be surprised that that was actually his voice. The voice he has done in the Drama CD was bad on purpose for comedic effects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
I am wondering what was Setsuna's hand doing when Louise had her headache
Spoiler for He was:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink-chan View Post
Yes. Paku Romi is probably chosen to even narrating one of the promo of season 2 could be because of that. If not, why will a VA voicing a supporting be chosen to narrate a promo? This is just my thought.
I think it has more to do with Regene being important to the plot, other wise Nena would have also been in the trilers :P
__________________
Arabesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 11:51   Link #244
Tangerine
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chile
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
In which anime is Romi Paku actually a "female Romi"? In all of the ones I've seen she's either "boy Romi" or "tomboy Romi"
Regene voice is more feminine than Temari or Nana.
Tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 11:53   Link #245
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: http://www.exciting-tits.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
I vaguely remember an old woman being voiced by a man somewhere...
And that would be Orochimaru of Naruto
__________________
“This be the realest shit I ever wrote.” ~Tupac
So very dead right now.. but still breathing thank you.
Top 4 Manga Waifu
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa


KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 11:56   Link #246
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
And that would be Orochimaru of Naruto
That's an old woman voicing a man. Not a man voicing an old woman.
__________________
Copyright © 2014 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 11:59   Link #247
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: http://www.exciting-tits.com/
That just prove I need a sleep @.@
__________________
“This be the realest shit I ever wrote.” ~Tupac
So very dead right now.. but still breathing thank you.
Top 4 Manga Waifu
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa


KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 12:01   Link #248
RAVNEN
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: malim nawar,malaysia
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Anyone who did Regene voice sure has made me assume Regene was a girl.
Triple bows for the VA work.
__________________
RAVNEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 12:05   Link #249
Tangerine
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chile
Paku Romi is also chosen to narrating the full promo of season 1 (and Furuya)

First Gundamm 00 Trailer, Full Version July 2007:
http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk9AJ21uQvw
Tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 12:08   Link #250
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Coquitlam, BC, Canada/Quezon City, Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangerine View Post
Regene voice is more feminine than Temari or Nana.
IMO, check Sekirei or Kurozuka for that.
__________________

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 12:16   Link #251
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
I was convinced in Regene was a girl, in fact part of me still thinks that. Is that weird.
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 12:46   Link #252
Terrestrial Dream
勇者
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tesla Leicht Institute
Age: 24
So how did Ribbons knew about Tieria's feeling about Lockon? Is it because they could communicate through each other with their thoughts?
Also if Tieria's va did the voice of Tieria in disguise then he did an amazing job I couldn't tell it was the same va.
Anyhow this episode it was a strange one, I enjoyed it quite a bit nice character interaction between the CB, and the return of PATRICK! or now the Patrick the Immortal whatever his nickname was. But Tieria in disguise and dancing with Ribbons did not felt wrong, that is what is so strange to me. In the end enjoyable episode and next episode it will be interesting to see Tieria's reaction seeing Prince Ali again .
__________________
Terrestrial Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 13:12   Link #253
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
The Immortal Cockroach is a good nickname for Patrick. He may not be a bad guy but he is damn annoying.
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 13:19   Link #254
sgogeta4
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
So the whole plan was to get people to emigrate to space... Ribbons wants to accomplish that by destroying the Earth and forcing people out... I guess that kinda explains the last scene in the ED where there is a massive hole in the clouds...
sgogeta4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 13:19   Link #255
Seibee
Mwu Fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM View Post
The Immortal Cockroach is a good nickname for Patrick. He may not be a bad guy but he is damn annoying.
*grins* What's he done wrong? Sure, he's a bit exuberant, and he may not be the best pilot, but he's harmless enough.
Seibee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 13:25   Link #256
pingva
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM View Post
The Immortal Cockroach is a good nickname for Patrick. He may not be a bad guy but he is damn annoying.
He gets so little screentime that you even will not notice him if you so much don't like him.
pingva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 13:32   Link #257
ThoHell
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Interesting episode. Tieria in my eyes is now a female, no matter what!

Never really like the Wang character or her role, hate characters like that. Kill them all please!

Damn cliff hanger ending as always, this is going to be another one hell of a dragging week! Finally we get to see the insanely skilled nut case back in action, but I got to admit his appearance (mainly everything about him) is just random, he's like a one main wrecking crew who seems to have enough skills to take on everyone as once. Mr Bushido is good, but this guy is whew.... Setsuna just seems to attract/make enemies with a lot of highly skilled people (mainly the best).

Patrick...lol...weirdo as always.

Hope Marie will start playing a bigger role and not tossed aside now as a background character after how much her character has been present throughout S1 and S2.

time for the Saji arc to starts soon huh?
__________________
Oh no, my signature was 550 pixles wide and 474 KB. That's too big and it has been deleted by a forum mod, guess I didn't read the Forum Rules. If only I had paid attention I wouldn't have to deal with this irritation now.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 13:47   Link #258
Zeta Gundam
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Setsuna will continue to get his ass handed to him. Why? Because he sucks as a pilot. That's the only reason he's gotten this far.

Think about it: Graham and Ali have always had his number in S1 but he got out only by virtue of having a better machine. Now, it's once again the exact same case. He easily has the best machine in the entire series, and yet continues to lose to inferior machinery because he's a garbage pilot.
The best machine in the series, that isn't even fully complete yet, thus is severely hampered in battle.

Do you seriously just purposely ignore thing's they very clearly say and stress in the show?
Zeta Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 13:52   Link #259
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Just ignore him. He's never really contributed to any Gundam 00 thread, he just posts constant complaints.
__________________
Rising Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 13:56   Link #260
Critias
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
If Arche had a MA mode this ep, I didn't see it.

Spoiler for Arche Montage:
ok so Um Arche has Chaos Gundam's foot sabers? yay? 00 just got instant competition in the melee department.
Critias is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.