AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-01-27, 17:20   Link #121
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larthak View Post
Another double post, sorry for that.

I need your help, guys. I've been experimenting lately and the result is a sig I'm not too sure of. So in the end, I ended up with two versions (neither is finished yet). Which one would you prefer?

The slightly empty one...(it will be filled, don't worry about that)


...or the eye-blinding one?


Thx for any comments.
Definitely the slightly empty one. I assume the sig is supposed to invoke a feeling of bad-ass-ness. When I saw the eye-blinding one, I chuckled a bit because I thought he's under some concert spotlights.
__________________
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 17:46   Link #122
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Europe
Age: 25
Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker View Post
Definitely the slightly empty one. I assume the sig is supposed to invoke a feeling of bad-ass-ness. When I saw the eye-blinding one, I chuckled a bit because I thought he's under some concert spotlights.


I thought so.

Well, my best version so far, the original one, which took me 2 hours to make, was unexpectedly lost in a Photoshop crash (happened for the first time). So much for not saving my work during the process. So I ended up with these 30 min "copies".

Saying that, It's far from completion, I don't want to hasten this one, being a tribute to such a great actor, but before going on, I'll wait for a few more opinions on the subject.
__________________
:3
Larthak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 19:28   Link #123
NorthernFallout
Return
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Frosty Scandinavia
Age: 24
Oughta say I love the light effect, seemingly streaming from the render. Fits in very nicely, although the text can be worked on a little bit. Perhaps make it more metallic and reflect the light on it.
Also, I like that it isn't too empty, but still not much effects. Try not to fill it just for the sake of filling space, try to keep it moderate. It's already good in my eyes. Version 1 that is, scrap the second altogether imo
__________________

Steam: ax/apocnuke | LET'S ROCK
NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 06:18   Link #124
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Europe
Age: 25
Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
I'm satisfied with this result the most so far.



C&C?
__________________
:3

Last edited by Larthak; 2009-01-28 at 06:55.
Larthak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 06:33   Link #125
NorthernFallout
Return
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Frosty Scandinavia
Age: 24
Glad you kept parts of version 1, this looks great. I do have something against the light to his left, the beams. They kinda differences from the other light effects, but I think it works. Maybe lower the opacity/sharpening a bit will help.
For the text, it looks a tad bit pixlie, but that happens for me too and it never want to fix itself >.>;
__________________

Steam: ax/apocnuke | LET'S ROCK
NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 06:56   Link #126
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Europe
Age: 25
Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
Glad you kept parts of version 1, this looks great. I do have something against the light to his left, the beams. They kinda differences from the other light effects, but I think it works. Maybe lower the opacity/sharpening a bit will help.
For the text, it looks a tad bit pixlie, but that happens for me too and it never want to fix itself >.>;
The light column...yeah, I know it is a little different from the rest of the sig, but it felt too empty without it and nothing else fitted the upper left corner more than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
Maybe lower the opacity/sharpening a bit will help.
Now, this is funny, I've intentionally done the exact opposites of what you suggest.

But yeah, in the end, it's not that agressive; looks more natural.

  • Applied noise layer mask for more randomness
  • Opacity lowered to 60%.



Now it's more of a moonshine than a concert spotlight.

Thx for the input, btw.
__________________
:3
Larthak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 07:12   Link #127
NorthernFallout
Return
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Frosty Scandinavia
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larthak View Post
Now, this is funny, I've intentionally done the exact opposites of what you suggest.
Whoops

Quote:
  • Applied noise layer mask for more randomness
  • Opacity lowered to 60%.



Now it's more of a moonshine than a concert spotlight.

Thx for the input, btw.
Hmm, seems like the opacity did most of it. Noise layer helps too, to bring more dynamic shapes. Good job.
__________________

Steam: ax/apocnuke | LET'S ROCK
NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-01, 17:01   Link #128
Nikusu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Nikusu Send a message via MSN to Nikusu
I see you've continued your awesomeness while I've been away. My favorite samurai! I love the size of the signature. Totally works for the render and background.
Nikusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-02, 15:06   Link #129
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Europe
Age: 25
Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
This time I chose the path of simplicity. And it's not as bad as I suspected it would be.

Though it's more suited for darker forums.

__________________
:3
Larthak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-02, 15:18   Link #130
NorthernFallout
Return
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Frosty Scandinavia
Age: 24
Interesting design. The red fits very nicely with the black, creating that feeling...something. I do think the text looks a little out of place, but I'm not sure. Maybe the vector lines makes the text look lower quality, while it isn't.
The render does fit, but there are some white outlines that can be worked on, only to improve the blending. And yea, it might work better on darker forums, but it looks good anyway
__________________

Steam: ax/apocnuke | LET'S ROCK
NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-02, 15:59   Link #131
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Europe
Age: 25
Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
Interesting design. The red fits very nicely with the black, creating that feeling...something. I do think the text looks a little out of place, but I'm not sure. Maybe the vector lines makes the text look lower quality, while it isn't.
The render does fit, but there are some white outlines that can be worked on, only to improve the blending. And yea, it might work better on darker forums, but it looks good anyway
White outlines? Let me see.

...



I'll fix that up tomorrow. The font was stretched to 150% vertically. The original is like a hobbit among all the other fonts.
__________________
:3
Larthak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-17, 08:39   Link #132
Teshiro
What the deuce?!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Central Europe
Send a message via ICQ to Teshiro
Oh, looks like it's been a while since u made something, or u already have tons of work stored for update Well then. I'll wait.
__________________
Click Stewie to enter my homeland of Unicorns and Rainbows.
The Victory shall yet be mine!
Teshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 10:50   Link #133
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Europe
Age: 25
Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teshiro View Post
Oh, looks like it's been a while since u made something, or u already have tons of work stored for update Well then. I'll wait.
Okay, it's over a month now. Don't want my thread buried that much.


Not final, may be improved later...If I get any ideas.


Seriously, I'm out of ideas lately.

+2 latest sotm sigs added on the first page.

I'll try to make some more stuff later...
(later = +/- 2 weeks)
__________________
:3
Larthak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 10:56   Link #134
NorthernFallout
Return
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Frosty Scandinavia
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larthak View Post

Not final, may be improved later...If I get any ideas.
That reflection or what it is to the left looks a bit weird. I think it doesn't fit in as it is now, you can check on that if you make another version. I do like the colors though and the text is bordering to not fitting in, but i makes it. Soft render, me like.

Quote:

I actually think you can remove the render and make an abstract sig, or pick another, "harder" render. The current one really doesn't fit in, but I like the bg, which can be used for abstract work.
__________________

Steam: ax/apocnuke | LET'S ROCK
NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 17:18   Link #135
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Europe
Age: 25
Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larthak View Post

Not final, may be improved later...If I get any ideas.
That reflection or what it is to the left looks a bit weird. I think it doesn't fit in as it is now, you can check on that if you make another version. I do like the colors though and the text is bordering to not fitting in, but i makes it. Soft render, me like.


I actually think you can remove the render and make an abstract sig, or pick another, "harder" render. The current one really doesn't fit in, but I like the bg, which can be used for abstract work.
Updated - Personally, I hate the text. But gawd, I can't make it look any better. There's no other place for it, still this one sucks. Bah, playing with it for about an hour and that thing is nowhere near its completion.

Okay then, now the real question. Is this an improvement (excluding the text from rating)?


Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larthak View Post

Seriously, I'm out of ideas lately.
I actually think you can remove the render and make an abstract sig, or pick another, "harder" render. The current one really doesn't fit in, but I like the bg, which can be used for abstract work.
Well, I knew I wanted to make a sig with that render the moment I saw it. Sadly, as it seems, the result didn't end up as I hoped it would. The way I see it, the sig will either get split in two, or thrown away into the Abyss.

Abstract, you say...never actually tried one. Can't imagine what layer-blending horrors reside beneath the render layer.

Still, I'll think about it.
__________________
:3
Larthak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 17:20   Link #136
NorthernFallout
Return
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Frosty Scandinavia
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larthak View Post
Okay then, now the real question. Is this an improvement (excluding the text from rating)?
I would say so, yes. However, I'm fairly uncertain so it wouldn't hurt to get another opinion on it.

Edit: Actually, the "Te" part of the last name is fairly hard to see as it uns over the white...some compromise might be done there.

Quote:
Well, I knew I wanted to make a sig with that render the moment I saw it. Sadly, as it seems, the result didn't end up as I hoped it would. The way I see it, the sig will either get split in two, or thrown away into the Abyss.

Abstract, you say...never actually tried one. Can't imagine what layer-blending horrors reside beneath the render layer.

Still, I'll think about it.
"The Horrors of the Layers: Blending Fatality"
__________________

Steam: ax/apocnuke | LET'S ROCK
NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-13, 14:03   Link #137
Sagasu
Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sweden
Age: 20
About your newest sig, the light on her face makes her look like a doll ;O
Otherwise it's quite nice.... the text-style kinda bothers me though^^
__________________
Sagasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-13, 16:22   Link #138
TheZap
Mod Magnet XD
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Teach me :O
__________________
TheZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-14, 00:07   Link #139
Daniel E.
AniMexican!
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Monterrey N.L. Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larthak View Post
Okay then, now the real question. Is this an improvement (excluding the text from rating)?
I think is great!

Though, I think it would be better off without text.
__________________
Daniel E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-14, 11:17   Link #140
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈΈ is the Best !!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: away from you
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to The Chaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larthak View Post
Okay, it's over a month now. Don't want my thread buried that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Though, I think it would be better off without text.
It Really Look Great But I must agree with Dan ..Better without text
__________________
The Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
avatars, signatures

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.