AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2008-03-17, 03:29   Link #1
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

GeGeGe no Kitaro Movie (2008)

There is another Kitaro movie planned in 2008 and the movie looks awesome.

Source ANN1 / ANN2
Quote:

The Japanese website for Gegege no Kitarō: Sennen Noroi Uta (Gegege no Kitaro: The Thousand-Year-Curse Song), the live-action film sequel based on Shigeru Mizuki's supernatural manga, has posted a teaser trailer on Saturday. Eiji Wentz plays Kitarō, an inhuman boy who stands at the uneasy divide between humans and yōkai (supernatural creatures). The second movie deals with a forbidden love between a human man and a nure-onna (enchantress) that has lasted a millennium, and strange occurrences that happen in the present.

Actor Eiji Wentz (Brave Story, Lovely Complex) is reprising his Kitaro role in the second Gegege no Kitaro live-action supernatural movie, which will open this summer. Like the first movie, the second movie adapts Shigeru Mizuki's classic shōnen manga about a young yōkai (supernatural being) who walks the blurry line between the human world and the yōkai world. The first movie opened last April 28 as that weekend's #2 movie, and eventually became Japan's #21 grossing movie of 2007. The movie helped restore the spotlight on the orginal manga, and the first Gegege no Kitaro anime in nine years followed soon after with a premiere last May. (A new Kitaro anime series, Hakaba Kitarō, will begin on January 10.)

The first movie's director, Katsuhide Motoki, began shooting the second movie on December 11. In addition to Wentz, Yo Oizumi (Nezumi Otoko), Rena Tanaka (Neko Musume), Kanpei Hazama (Konaki Jijii), and Shigeru Muroi (Sunakake Baba) are reprising their respective roles from the first movie, although the first movie's leading actress, Mao Inoue (Mika Miura), is not. Ken Ogata joins the cast as Kitaro's powerful enemy Nurarihyon, as do Shinobu Terajima (Nure Onna), Shirō Sano (Jakotsu-Baba), and Takashi Sasano (Ido-Sennin).
Quote:
CAST

* Kitarō: Eiji Wentz
* Kaede Hiramoto: Kii Kitano
* Nezumi-Otoko: Yo Oizumi
* Neko Musume: Rena Tanaka
* Sunakake Babaa: Shigeru Muroi
* Konaki Jijii: Kanpei Hazama
* Nurarihyon: Ken Ogata
* Nure Onna: Shinobu Terajima.
DONT KNOW IF ITS WEBSITE OF MOVIE 1 OR MOVIE 2 // BOTH

Trailer : http://www.gegege.jp/popup/tokuho.html

Last edited by Zu Ra; 2008-03-17 at 05:04.
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 05:10   Link #2
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Couple of Questions on Movie 1 ?

The movie Kitaro 2007 licensed in Poland by Vision Film Distribution and goes by the title Kitaro . its most likely going to be dubbed in Polish .So does the license hold good for R2 and R1 regions ?

IF NOT LICENSED in R1/R2 I have couple of more questions
Old 2008-03-17, 10:38   Link #3
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

R2 distributor is Shochiku according to ANN for movie 1.

R1 distributor has not been announced yet.

R2 distributor for movie 2 is Shochiku according to the trailer on the website and R1 distributor has not been announced yet. .
Old 2008-03-17, 19:08   Link #4
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
R2 distributor is Shochiku according to ANN for movie 1.

R1 distributor has not been announced yet.

R2 distributor for movie 2 is Shochiku according to the trailer on the website and R1 distributor has not been announced yet. .
Now that we know its licensed in R2 its a lost cause . I was planning to host the torrent of the movie on AS . The reason behind it was it would somehow generate interest in the anime i.e. getting it subbed .

I was gambling on the idea that the movie would be popular on AS and somehow influence the show
Old 2008-03-17, 20:12   Link #5
orion

All the stuff on AS is licensed in R2 (Japan). It's the R1 stuff that isn't here AFAIK. Take for example Clannad movie. The source is the R2 DVD release.

Come to think of it. Live-action stuff isn't found here that much either AFAIK.
Old 2008-03-17, 20:17   Link #6
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

As Asuki is Euro based so problems may arise if its licensed anywhere in Europe . Though rule counts for R1/R2 I only am always cautious when it comes to Europe .

Quote:
Come to think of it. Live-action stuff isn't found here that much either AFAIK.
LvA are filtered on AS

Quote:
On occasion AnimeSuki staff may choose to list live action (non-anime) shows on the site. To qualify a live action show needs to be based on a recent popular anime or manga, where "recent" is from the past 15 years or so, and "popular" means it's reasonbly well known among either the Western and/or Japanese fan community (ie: not obscure).

Note that this more specific rule for live action shows went into effect in July 2006 and does not affect live action shows that were already added to the site before that time.
Old 2008-03-17, 20:22   Link #7
orion

Well R2 (UK/Europe) is under different distributors, right? Poland has Vison but no other region was mentioned in ANN yet. Since I can't read Polish, so I can't find out if Vison has any other subsidiaries outside of Poland.
Old 2008-03-17, 20:25   Link #8
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

But we cant host the torrent as its licensed in R2 by Shochiku as you mentioned . Or are you saying it okay to post the torrent on AS
Old 2008-03-17, 20:34   Link #9
orion

I'm not the controller of the torrents. But most anime is licensed in R2 (Japan) by definition since it is televised and or shown in theaters in R2 (Japan).

Your question pertains to R2 (UK/Europe) and that should be their call.

So go ask "They who must be obeyed.". It doesn't hurt to try (ask) imo.
Old 2008-03-17, 20:40   Link #10
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Now I get you ... you were saying its been licensed in Japan by Shochiku .... I was thinking in terms of UK and Europe . The only European licensee is Vision Film Distribution for Poland. Initially I felt Shochiku was licensing the movie in UK .

Okay now I have to take counsel from " They who must be obeyed " regarding Poland : )
Old 2008-03-17, 20:49   Link #11
orion

Right. Shochiku is the R2 (Japan) distributor for both movies.

Poland's distributor for movie 1 is Vision and Poland is located in R2(UK/Europe) region coding. I don't know the EU copyright laws so ask them since AS is based in Germany.
Old 2008-05-04, 14:04   Link #12
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Trailer from the first Movie

Not to be confused with 08 sequel
Old 2008-09-28, 15:13   Link #13
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I watched the 07 movie and well it was better than what I had expected . I was expecting this movie to be on the lines of Great Yokai War but this was great. Yokai have come out awesome nice C.G. the only qualm with the movie is it tends to cater to a younger audience
Old 2008-10-14, 15:21   Link #14
monodemar

hi, were can i find the first movie of gegege no kitaro live action? i search everywhere and canīt find it, please, bye
monodemar is offline   Reply With Quote