AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-11-25, 05:04   Link #21
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

I await the epic "ore ga gundam da" to be delivered in dub form.
[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-25, 05:26   Link #22
Usami Haru
Mr. Broshido
*Graphic Designer

I....liked Graham. But somehow, I have mixed feelings about it. Some lines were really good, but in episode 2 it was completely different from the "normal" Graham we saw in the first episode.

The voice that disappointed me was Sergei. I loved the trailer we he said "That head of yours, I'll take it" but dunno, it felt like it was a different person. Haro was....well, just bad. As for the Meisters, I liked most of them, nothing outstanding, but fitted their roles.

The best or at least closest voice to the original was Billy, I really liked it. Also Patrick, Patrick was just as awesome and lol worthy as the original. And of course, I am looking forward to hear Scott McNeil's Ali in battle.

Overall, good. Nothing OMG So awesome, but good. Looking forward to next week. I wish we had SciFi Channel in the cable network in my country, watching it streamed is not the same D:, but hey, at least I can watch it live.
Usami Haru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-25, 06:43   Link #23
Double_Edge
Cool Lander

What the, this came out hecka fast!!!

Man, this dub kicks BUTT!!!! When do the DVD comes out?!?

I'm about to run up on Bandai if they don;t put it out soon!!!!

hey what's the schedule for it? i checked the sci fi website but it said the first episode runs on the 1st of DECEMBER http://www.scifi.com/schedulebot/index.php3 . You guys time traveling?!

EDIT: Whoops, just wiki'ed it. I'll catch the next episode for sure next week! Guess no family guy on mondays from now on.
Old 2008-11-25, 08:21   Link #24
nutype
Future MD

the only ones that stood out for me were:

sumeragi: perfect

graham: horrible i was shocked for a while

Other than that everyone else was so-so.

It's going to be hell whenever I see graham talk.

*shudders*
nutype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-25, 09:02   Link #25
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DOT].L View Post
I await the epic "ore ga gundam da" to be delivered in dub form.
I am gundam! will soon replace This is sparta!
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-25, 17:49   Link #26
strategos

Well, I really enjoyed the Dub. It wasn't perfect but still had a good punch. I notice that many of the dub actors were from Gundam 00. Specially Graham, he's Duo Maxwell. At the very last scene of episode 2, really sounded a lot like Duo. Haro, in the first episode sounded so plane. At the second episode I noticed that the voice sounded or try to sound more fun. I am looking forward for the next episodes and for the DVDS.

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-25, 18:09   Link #27
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Maxwell was voiced by Scott McNeil, who's Ali in the show.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-25, 18:49   Link #28
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

saw the 00 dub & 2ep shown 23 plus 2nd half to go

the setsuna's "i am gundam" reminds like "i am kira" (still remind of light yagami)
lockon's dub well an unknown sound ok
alle-hale a bit extreme remind of inuyasha
tieria sound like a machine side of athrun zala

Sumeragi-murrue geez a total 180 from being murrue to Sumeragi
Christina was different from doing as misa amane
feldt still early to tell but small remind of lacus

wang liu geez was different than both luna & revy
Alejandro seems relax

G.M.B. (Graham Masked Bushido) was a from i thought was cocky to ok
billy remind like rey & trowa
sergei don't feel like a russian "where the mother russsia of red alert saying?!"
patrick oh please BIG MOUTH

marina well very little to hear & still early to think
saji oh please it nicol with hanging around with barbie
louise/barbie it seem slowly average but on develop
kinue like another Miriallia but as searching info

well next week is going to be 3 & 4 with the dub of S.M.P. (Soma Marie Parfacy)
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-25, 23:19   Link #29
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Graham is a passionate guy, but he's also a very serious soldier...He gets excited about things but manages to contain those emotions while in public...This dub-voice (which I guess is Naraku--which I am shocked since I think he is 1 of 3 Ocean Group guys that don't deserve to be fired [Sesshomaru and Rau Le Creset's VA's being the other 2]) just betrays his seriousness as a character...I would much rather a static VA over this obtuse version of Graham we'll get (Jesus Billy and Patrick pwn Graham's voice)...The scene when he owns Lockon and Johann are gonna be so tard now, if the end of episode 2 is any indication...

I was looking so forward to this despite the dub since I got SciFi on HD, but I honestly don't think I can take his VA with him being my fav-character and all...I'm just sad for his character ...I just wanna write some hate-mail to ocean group at this point...

I think I'll go and find out how to go about doing that right now...
Old 2008-11-26, 01:11   Link #30
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Like everyone else, the commercial breaks through me for a loop more then a couple of times. It's such a jarring transition most of the time and I'm more or less used to watching a version that is one clear narrative the whole way through. Even the Japanese commercial break is barely noticeable. Anyway:

The Good:

- Allelujah (Honestly I find his dub actor better than Hiroyuki Yoshino who's voice just comes across as annoying and overemotive at times)

- Tieria (Pretty much spot on)

- Sumeragi (She sounds a lot deeper, but somehow it sounds right for an English version)

- Wang (She retains the haughty/bitchy aura in her voice and also sounds more her age in this one)

- Lockon (Good enough, but missing the cool as ice factor that Shinichiro Miki leant to the role)

- Hong Long (Good fit)

The Okay:

- Billy (No real problems)

- Setsuna (In a way Brad does his tone right, but he's missing that curt and stunted sort of speech style that Miyano gave him and that fit his character so well. It's going to take a while hearing Setsuna's lines said a normal speech rate)

- Graham (Is it just me or is this not the guy from the trailer? He sounds fine to me)

- Aeolia Schenberg (aka Teddy Roosevelt in this version. He's appropriate, but somehow missing that sinister tone that made him so intriguing in the first episode of the Japanese version)

- Louise (Didn't here much of here, but she sounded alright)

- Patrick (He's got the character down, I just don't find his voice as amusing as Hameda Kenji's nor do I see how he is going to pull off any sort of "Cooooooooollllllloooooooooooooooenel" or whatever they translate it as".

- Alejandro (Okay, but not nearly suave enough)

The Bad:

Marina (HOLY COW! was my first impression upon hearing this. Way to old and confident sounding such that I don't see any way she can pull off Marina's weak exterior later on in the series. WTF?!)

Christina (I got nothing from her and it sounded more like her voice actor should have been doing Feldt instead of the peppy Christina. I can only imagine how boring Feldt is going to have to sound to complete the contrast)

Ali (Sounds....just wrong if that indeed was supposed to have been his voice in the beginning in both versions. He doesn't have nearly the same degree of reckless abandon that Keiji Fujiwara's does and he sounds a little too with it. Almost snobbish. If that wasn't Ali's voice then just ignore this)

Sergei (He doesn't sound nearly gruff enough and just comes off as yet another hot-headed soldier rather than the experienced man's man tha Sergei is supposed to be)

Undecided:

Saji (It could be that the voice actor knows Saji is supposed to be a little ignorant, or the VA could just be clueless himself. Hard to tell)

The Garbage:

Haro (Nobody ever said Haro had to sound retarded did they?)

What also threw may for a loop was hearing all the "damns" sprinkled throughout the dialogue. What did they think people would think it was strictly a kid's show if they didn't do that? Overall not a bad start to the dub though.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 01:23   Link #31
Alvatore
Hello

i just lol at some CB eng voices....bu i think i need to get to used of it
Alvatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 06:14   Link #32
Obi-Wan
Mr. Folgers! Wassup, suh?
*Fansubber

For the most part, all of the voices in this dub are pretty good except Graham's. Graham's dub is flaming like Lance Bass. Feldt having the same English voice actor as Lacus threw me for a loop because that was the single voice that trainwrecked the SEED dub (if there was any other character you couldn't get used to then you were trying WAY to hard to hate it). OK, they got Azrael wrong too... really wrong, but not nearly as bad as they got it when they told that woman to sound like a seven year old girl when she read the lines for Lacus.

But Graham's going to do to this dub what Lacus did to the SEED dub... make you want to /wrists when he's talking.

Enjoyed hearing Setsuna say "I am a Gundam" since it's just more justification for putting articles into translations (which fansubbers and weaboo-japanophiles universally fail at doing).
Old 2008-11-26, 09:45   Link #33
Anavel
Sieg Zeon!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to Anavel Send a message via MSN to Anavel Send a message via Yahoo to Anavel
Was the script changed in the dub? Also some of the voices were disturbing...
Anavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 10:45   Link #34
Kanderous

They cut out a few scenes, like where the guy was complaining to his superior "We're sortieng? But I havent had enough training in the simulator!"
Kanderous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 11:47   Link #35
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan View Post
For the most part, all of the voices in this dub are pretty good except Graham's. Graham's dub is flaming like Lance Bass. Feldt having the same English voice actor as Lacus threw me for a loop because that was the single voice that trainwrecked the SEED dub (if there was any other character you couldn't get used to then you were trying WAY to hard to hate it). OK, they got Azrael wrong too... really wrong, but not nearly as bad as they got it when they told that woman to sound like a seven year old girl when she read the lines for Lacus.

But Graham's going to do to this dub what Lacus did to the SEED dub... make you want to /wrists when he's talking.

Enjoyed hearing Setsuna say "I am a Gundam" since it's just more justification for putting articles into translations (which fansubbers and weaboo-japanophiles universally fail at doing).
what got a problem with lacus' dub http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...le.php?id=3933 voice besides that she doing feldt & if i remember correctly back in 04 when GS dub she was 16-17 around that time dubbing lacus & now she 21 & doing feldt age 14.

besides got a problem with young dubbers?
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 13:43   Link #36
fizzmaister
The Tall One

Alle: good. I really liked it.

Graham Cracker: sounded off, but if I wasn't used to original I could be ok with it.

Christina and Haro: a little part of my died listening to them.

More later.
Old 2008-11-26, 13:50   Link #37
rpgman1

Haro just sounds the same as the Haro in Seed and Destiny. Graham really needs some work, but the VA might be better off as Mr. Bushido. Marina really needs some work done. I wonder how the others sound like Ali, Soma, Shirin, Ribbons, and possibly a few others.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 14:25   Link #38
Saga_CE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan View Post
In 00, "Gundam" is to Setsuna the embodiment of anti-bellicism. As well as divine authority.

"I am Gundam" and "We're all Gundam" are judicious phrases as they to resemble to cliched "I am God".
Old 2008-11-26, 14:28   Link #39
Scavenger
スカルリーダー

Send a message via MSN to Scavenger
The dub was overall good, but I really didn't like Lockon. While his voice is good, his acting is bad and it doesn't sound really convincing to me.
Scavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 14:41   Link #40
NyxOne

Plus Lockon's accent changed three times in the first minute of his introduction, mind...
NyxOne is offline   Reply With Quote